/MDG/ medical general

/MDG/ medical general

Discuss Civilian certifications and training resources such as Stop The Bleed, BLS Certification, and any other resources that could help save a life. Talk med gear, IFAKS, MARCH, ABC, and other general preparedness.

Attached: 16-167195_medical-cross-symbol-png-clipart.png (5431x5431, 168K)

Attached: 1565387230459.png (1886x1866, 481K)

hey, I made that.

you are a hero and maybe will save a life!
post moar

Ask a question. Take a class.
Stop the Bleed is free. Volunteering for your local FD is free. Volunteer for awhile and en-suite about training. BLS, ACLS, PALS, EMT, PHTLS, CCT, the ladder climbs ever onward.

Attached: 39C375D7-5E29-45AB-A4DB-286AEE5DA8B3.jpg (1536x2048, 1.28M)

Bought this on amazon between other military-related books. Mainly out if interest and general knowledge. Is it a good read?
>to support bloodflow elevate legs on a rock or something

Attached: 713o2xTlpaL._SL1500_.jpg (938x1500, 157K)

I would recommend the Ranger Medic Handbook or one of these (pic) first. The thing about FM’s is they’re very “lowest common denominator” and medical best practices fluctuate a lot. Always get the latest edition so you don’t learn to put sandbags on flail-chest and all that shit

Attached: 24F399B3-25FB-48F1-AE02-D86F2EB324B9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

Mine is a 2009. I also got the SAS survival handbook. Will check yours out next time Im shopping.

Question about hyfin chest seals. Am I able to fold the package in half so I can shove it into an IFAK, or would folding it cause to much stress to the packaging?

Thirds.

Attached: 4B129190-C503-4F74-8BB0-EF66AB45F58A.jpg (4032x3024, 1.94M)

I have a handful of medical related pdf books sitting on my harddrive.

Among those:

The pocket first-aid field guide by G. E. Dvorchak

Dr. Prepper by Jeff Garrett

Pocket Disaster Survival Guide by H. J. Andrews & J. A. Bowers

I don´t mind dumping if interest is there. Actual medfags sharing docs would be appreciated.

why does Jow Forums fetishize first aid so much, are you just addicted to feeling prepared or is the thrill of being the hero you want?

what could possibly be wrong with knowing how to do proper first-aid? If anything it´s the Jow Forums related skill that is most likely to actually be useful in the real world.

i didnt say it was wrong im just wondering why people care so much about it on here

You carry a gun, might as well carry first aid as well. Also about being prepared too, you're more likely to use first aid over a gun.

i want to become a doktah

Attached: 1555982795323.jpg (792x792, 135K)

its military related

why would you want to save people who do nothing but shit on you?

Because Death can suck my left nut.

Attached: BBFC6E18-5E62-4C26-8EC1-A5F90637552C.png (882x715, 652K)

If your interests involve objects that can put massive holes in people with minimal effort, it would be pretty stupid not to know how to fix said holes if it came down to it.

Again, why save people who wouldn't do the same for you?

It’s not about them.

How selfish.

Because you should do what's right, and not worry about what you get in return. Helping those who help you doesn't make you a good person. Even the most evil person you can imagine will help the people who are useful to him.

But why would you fight to preserve someone who would not preserve anyone else? Not that they aren't going to generate profit or anything -- but that they will actively fight to destroy you, or at least will explicitly resolve to not help anyone but themselves. Basically, why help out evil people?

Put it this way, you probably already see me as a little evil; if I'm shot, why help me? I likely won't go on to help anyone else.

Because I will do what's right. What you do is not my concern.

>do what's right
How do you determine what's right?

shut the fuck up you pseud

Love thy neighbor as thy self

Cool, don’t get hurt.
Every patient that wouldn’t do the same is training for the one that would.

im gonna need 2 guns for this one

I presume you have a better method?

You won’t

Attached: 17D591B7-9230-4EE4-8DD5-1D3742C43280.jpg (794x1024, 198K)

All this shit about how to handle trauma causes and such are useless. You are going to DIE if you take a hit in the torso in a SHTF scenario. Do you think there’s going to be trauma surgeons and fully equipped OR’s on every street corner? What about the ICU that you’ll need for recovery? Your best bet if you’ve been shot is to shoot yourself a second time so on the off chance you do survive the first day or so, you don’t have to die of sepsis a few painful days later.

r8 my edc backpack kit and tell me what i need.
Not pictured are a bottle of newskin that i keep with my work clothes and a tourniquet that i haven't gotten yet.

Attached: IMG_0771.jpg (2016x1512, 1006K)

Can you dump ? I'm interested.

>en-suite about training
What?

Also what kind of fucking clown writes stupid shit like that on their gear? Did you not get enough attention as a child? I guess that would explain the tripfaggotry too.

Until that happens, prehospital care is a useful skill to have.

There's also wilderness medicine, equally useful if don't have access to expeditionary/prolonged care training.

please dump

Any recommendations for what to do with torso hits? I'm guessing its pretty much going to be gauze + pressure until help arrives, because you can't use anything else?

Anything below the umbilicus gets a pelvic binder. Anything against a hard structure gets packed (inguinal bleeds, hip shots, etc) anything against a hollow organ gets covered. Stuff that bleeds shit gets covered with something absorbent and gone get with something impermeable.
You “can” stuff enough to fill a void but without a croc or a SAM-J you’re not going to be able to kink a man off like a tube of toothpaste in the event of a D/AAA/mainline leak.
“Enquire” you’re right, I’m a dirty dirty phoneposter and I should have gone with the classics.

Attached: 176BFAEA-72FE-4B92-82CB-E956EFD3F33E.jpg (480x640, 38K)

>anything against a hollow organ gets covered.
Is that because packing with a hollow organ behind it can cause issues with the packing (packing going into the organ)?

Kinda. It depends on what got hit and what’s around it. If you’ve somehow miraculously just gotten a simple through and through one lung, you’ll want to restore the vacuum in the cavity as best you can with occlusive dressings (chest seal), a way to control air escape (Neelde chest decompression) and a path to getting the blood out (chest tube)
Identifying the source of the Bleed and discerning which combination of the three types of bleeding you’re dealing with is key to performing the right steps to stopping the Bleed with the least blood lost.
Gut shots do require some careful consideration depending on where exactly the shot went in and where/whether it came out. There is a big, long, and multi-faceted approach to the prolonged field care of gut wounds but I don’t have the latitude to go through everything. Suffice it to say: go take a Stop the Bleed class (they’re free) and pick up an Anatomy and Physiology text.

Thanks man.

This isn't a combat question but I'm dealing with the following medical bullshit thanks to prematurity
>hypermobility (joints crack whenever I'm moving around, ankles keep rolling whenever I get out)
>hypotonia (have always found it hard to sit up normally without support or stand up in one spot for any length of time)
>asthma, shitty lungs and heart in general
>fractured L1 when I tried lifting to improve this shit, resulting in back pain from shoulderblades to bottom ribs and difficulty sitting/standing for a long time
>some shit going on with the nerves in my pinkie and ring fingers, and my right shoulder blade area

I've basically been banned from high impact exercises by my doctor (running, weightlifting etc), am I still able to get somewhat combat fit? I figure I can still at least learn how to shoot even if I can't get into mil/LEO jobs, I just don't know how I can get fit given all the other shit I have, or even if it can be improved at all. Being unfit is probably what's causing the back pain since the muscles aren't supporting the vertebra as well, but I have no fucking idea what to do for exercise

You can pick up yoga. Some f that high-level bodyweight shit is pretty intense. You can hold planks, do AAOS ROM exercises, maybe something sport-focused like bouldering or something. This isn’t Jow Forums but you can calculate your TDEE and hyper-focus your diet to be optimal and there’s nothing stopping you from shooting.
Fuck, I’ve seen Parkinson’s patients do combat sports training and hipsterwithabarrelknife used to post about wheelchair shooting.

take your multivitamin. it will change your body

Hay you tried seeing a physical therapist?

Wheres the cheapest place i can get CAT tourniquets?

A real CAT is going to be right about $30 no matter where you look, if its cheaper than that you have a chance of it being fake. Some places are even selling fake ones at full price (*cough*Amazon*cough*) so your best bet is to get one from a trusted source.

I got mine from Rescue Essentials and it checks out but you can also order direct from North American Rescue if you want.

What do you recommend a Hospital Corpsman read up on? If they want to do their best and make rank (outshine their peers).

Get ACLS/PALS certified. Get PHTLS for green side.

>This thread of full of stuff I don’t agree with!
Imagine being someone like this guy who has nothing else to do besides be upset online about stuff he doesn’t understand

Copy. Thanks user

nice kirpan
More variety, less of the same stuff. You're definitely going to be able to top off after every band-aid you and out. An israeli bandage and fewer bandaids, antispetics and dump the loose gauze because you have no bandage to hold it down with, and the israeli will replace it. Other than that, good shit

ACE Wrap > Jew Bandaid

Attached: 0FAE7640-3BA3-4E8B-B62F-FAE078945785.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)