Could you hunt elephants with a barret or tac 50?

Attached: 0C1E5057-3923-4F24-8D32-BF01972DF9CE.jpg (1000x351, 67K)

nope

You can hunt elephant with an ak. That's how niggers poach. You just have to get a shot in the sinuses where the tissue is weak.

Oh

What about an ar15?

You can hunt elephants with a 22lr if you know what you are doing. Until it became fashionable to use large calibers 7x57 and various 6.5s were used. Books were then written by men who lived camped and hunted the dark continent with one or two close calls in half a century of hunting and suddenly you needed a 470 nitro Express for an elephant or buff to even notice you.
They are killed with AKs by game control officers all the time.

you could hunt elephants with a .22LR if you're man enough

The farmers that shoot them for getting into crops have little issue. Its about aim and anatomy.

I dont think u could hunt an elephant with 22lr

Sure you can, just shoot at the trunk it will enter one side and just bounce around all the way up to the head and bounce around in there.

The 50 BMG has a lack of expanding rounds. Most are brass for the BMG. But you could cast a hollow point and do the load workup.

The real issue would be followup shots. If you can't work the bolt fast you'll die. Also elephant will sneak up on you, quick point shooting is a must. Any 50 BMG rifle would be to heavy and the wrong balance. Stick to traditional African rifles for the Big Five. Elephants are the ninja of Africa.

>Elephants are the ninja of Africa.
pretty sure that title goes to one of the various felines of Africa.

No, it'll ruin the meat.

Or just shoot it in the eye or mouth.

>The 50 BMG has a lack of expanding rounds.
As far as i know expansion isn't really a main priority for real big game hunting.
Many use big bore calibers with brass solids for a reason.

In one of Samuel Baker's books, he talks about how damn sneaky elephants can be. If I remember right, he tracked an aggressive bull into some thick jungle and didn't realize he was right under its head because it was standing stock still and blending in with the foliage. If I remember right, he pointed an 8 bore rifle straight up and blew its brains out before it had a chance to crush him.

The use of an expanding round would be the first shot. Followed by a solid. If I was using a 50 BMG round.

With a 458 Lott solid would be a first shot.

Chapstick in Death in the Long Grass explains this very well. I agree at first thought the leopard would be the ninja, until you can't find the elephant. That is real skill. Lions are gank teams and they cheat.

I feel like a barrett 50 would be better for elephants bc if your strong and a good shot you could unload 6 rounds in 2 or 3 seconds. I dont care how much crack a bull elephant has smoked- 6 rounds from a 50 cal at 12,000 ft pounds is going to drop that beach like a pimp slap to an anorexic whore

Thats pretty based user

Like OP is ever going to see an elephant.....shit. he's going zoo hunting!

Attached: 1548293910334.jpg (539x442, 38K)

niggers

Attached: 1407089374568.gif (565x318, 2.99M)

>Muh .45ACP

Adequate penetration and shot location
Expansion just means not penetrating in this case

>OTHER GUNS TAKE YOUR LIFE. 45ACP TAKES YOUR SOUL. THEY ALL FALL TO HARDBALL

Attached: 4C395EE0-3714-40A2-9C6F-C7C8A256246F.jpg (1200x895, 130K)

Don't be a retard. For a body shot on a large organed animal you would use and expanding (soft). On a thicker skinned, massive amounts of fat or head shot through the sponge like in composition bone of something like an elephant you use a solid that is 3 to 3 times as long as it is wide.
Good luck with your Hollywood putting two shots through the same hole.

3 to 4 times

Elephants have special feet that make them damn near silent when walking. You wouldn't really expect it such a large animal to walk silently, but they do.

>muh hollow points
I hate this retarded nigger meme so much. A FMJ .50 will pass through any part of the elephant you shoot it at causing massive damage. If you can't kill one with a .50 you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun

A 50 cal will penetrate inches of steel and yet you think an elephant can walk off a headshot

>In theory according to Zambian firearms legislation we could use a Napoleonic era cannon to remove elephant