Just got a mosin nagant now what boys?

Just got a mosin nagant now what boys?

Attached: 20190810_154757.jpg (4032x3024, 2.63M)

Clean it?

remove Cosmoline?

Clean for it. Care for it. Love it. It has seen much in its life, and deserves a bit of rest.

That's all the grease n shit on it right? I noticed that there is a lot of grease on the bolt

Yup. A blow dryer is 10/10 for this

yeah, I've never owned a Moist Nugget but any new acquisition I'd clean, field strip, lubricate as required, reassemble, and then perform function check per manual to ensure it was safe and ready to go

With that safety spring should it be like tighter than a nun's cunt or is there somthing I can do about that?

Where is the bayonet?

Yes, the safety on Mosin's is essentially considered unusable. Before the internet a lot of people didn't even know the guns have a safety at all.

>function check per manual
Zdravstvuyte, this is Tula Arms international customer service how can I help y-
>THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT where is my manual
shto-?
>M A N U A L, you guys shipped me a MOHZEEN NAGANT and didn't even include a manual!

Its wrapped up sorry for the shitty pic lmao

Take it apart and stick the stock in a black trash bag in the sun.
It will proceed to sweat Cosmoline like a whore in church.
This will make the whole thing a deal lighter.

Dosnt the bolt on this like to put up s fight sometimes?

>then perform function check per manual
>manual
>LOAD
>AIM
>FIRE

>now what boys
Now that you've got the 91/30 out of the way go and get a good Mosin.

Attached: Muh Nuggets.jpg (1192x1212, 707K)

time to cop an adidas tracksuit and some vodka

Woah woah woah. First you have to make sure screw line up with notch. THEN load aim fire.

Only when something goes wrong like a case splits.
Then you're going to want to grab a rubber mallet or a hammer and a piece of wood.

What would be a good mosin?

A Finn M39 is an excellent Mosin Nagant. They're getting harder to find but are still out there. Got mine for $300.

>willingly collecting more than one garbage rod

Waste of goddamn money if you ask me.

maybe he's planning a Soviet style charge using his superior numbers?

Komrade Stalin approved this message

Attached: every surplus.png (877x347, 53K)

Saw it down, OP. For the Red Army LARP.

If you do this, OP, make sure you put the stock nose down, dont let all the grease settle into the back areas of the stock.

Get the cosmoline off... care for her, feed her, worship her, and lastly honor her in service of the next civil war.

Attached: Funny old nugget.png (832x655, 119K)

Fuck I remember all the nugget posts when they were $80 and was so bent on getting one but instead I got a M1895 and Tokarev first then saved up for an AK74 and stopped buying guns for awhile because poorfag, next thing I know they're going for $300

>1895
Did you get a genuine levernugget, or a different caliber? Pics pls

Go to Smith Sights and get a shim kit, trigger return spring, and an adjustable front sight.

bolt handle in pooper

whats the modern equivilent of a nugget?

bolt action rugged and plentiful ammo?

T/C Compass or Savage if we're restricting it to nugget.

PSA Freedom AR15 if we're talking budget poorfag blaster

Piss everyone off and sporterize that bitch

nugget esque with sights

Attached: 1565006807291.jpg (604x451, 74K)

Probably referring to an 1895 Nagant revolver

Before you remove the cosmoline, take a toothpick or paperclip and scrape the word "Nugget" into the grease on the barrel. Crack open a car battery or drill open a few D-cells to free the liquid inside. With a paintbrush, apply a light coating to the area you scraped. Go to bed and in the morning pour pickle-juice over the entire rifle to neutralize any leftover battery fluid. Enjoy your newly etched rifle.

Attached: 1314885.jpg (500x334, 31K)

Now kill yourself with it you detestable poorfag.

o fugg, forgot those are 1895 too. Still cool

Attached: 1483581570394.jpg (1600x1200, 373K)

To use the safety on the Mosin, shoulder the rifle. Many people do not shoulder the rifle when they use safety, which makes it very difficult. With a little practice, they are very easy to operate.

Do you have ammunition for it? If not, I'd honestly pass on the spam cans and just buy new production Tula non-corrosive; they're comparable in price and you don't have to deal with adding water to your cleaning regimen.