Nasty Girls

Hello, Jow Forums. I don't normally post here, but I figured you guys might have some thoughts/advice. I was considering joining the National Guard. Do any of you have experience with this? Positive? Negative? Any words of advice for me if I were to join? Pic very unrelated.

Attached: Golden_Gun.jpg (330x330, 13K)

Do NOT join any state owned military / groups / whatever.

Train on your own, there's a multitude of amazing trainers out there on virtually aspects, tactics, handling, drills, everything. Especially in America.

You will be better trained, safer, a better shot, better equipped, everything. And you won't waste a single bit of your time.

If your country had a milita-like army where every citizen represents a line of defense like Switzerland i wouldn't tell you that. But a state owned army with it's own agenda and politics ? Hell fucking no. Don't do that my man.

Attached: banter stops.jpg (602x709, 67K)

And i don't joke about that. Every single dude who took the time to train himself with proper trainers for a few years is a FAR BETTER SHOT, A FAR BETTER GUN OWNER, AND FAR SAFER TO BE AROUND WHEN IT IMPLIES GUNS then your average cop / wannabe army armchair operator.

For real.

Jeez...that sounds pretty bad. But the National Guard is more answerable to the state government rather than the feds, I think. I'm not tryna be some super duper operator. I just reckon I might learn a few handy skills, meet some people, and be able to say that I served my country in some capacity.

Attached: Ceiling_Cat.png (300x170, 70K)

why the fuck would he join the military just to get military training? all the national guard really does is aid in emergencies at home and get deployed when they don't have enough soldiers, you can "train" on your own all you want but that has literally nothing to do with joining the national guard, which is an actual job where 90% of the time there's no combat or combat exercises going on.

Oh okay. I'm not American so i was thinking it was another of those military-related group.

I mean if it's more about aid and all that sure, go on. I mean it's valid experience.

Every single active duty guy I met who dealt in any capacity with the national guard despised them wholesale.

They are the definition of "goobers"

W-what did you think I was planning on joining, Mr. Glownigger?

What do you think about joining the National Guard?

I mean, that's kind of expected, no? They're basically reservists for reservists.

Test

Yes

Shameless self bump. If anyone else has any experience from the NG, I'm all ears.

Don't join the Guard. They're embarrassing chucklefucks. I would rather be with rear echelon support battalions than the fucking Guard/Reserves.

I’m in the guard. It really depends on your MOS, unit, and state. If you’re an 11B in some flyover state, then you won’t get great post OSUT training. I’m in an air defense unit in one of the top three states for it, and we’re doing AT in Europe this fiscal year. We also are slated to do a “deployment” in DC in the next couple of years. The infantry battalion in our state is deploying to the ME next month.

Does being in the guard still give you free time to pursue your personal life? With all this moving around and stuff it sounds like you must be quite busy.

Honestly, weeks with drill weekends are pretty hectic. AT is a bitch too. But I’m a full time student and I have no issues. Being a guardsman gets you extra points with chicks, and it gives you something to talk about that people can find cool. Employers can’t fire you for being on active orders, and schools have to give you the opportunity to make up tests/assignments you missed due to drill.

I read it's one weekend per month + two additional weeks. Is that accurate or do you actually spend more time than that doing stuff? Also, how likely am I to get shipped off somewhere far away from long periods of time?

Those weekends can be 3-4 days, and AT can be up to 4 weeks. But, a good unit will make up for that. For example, I had a 4 day drill this month. I won’t have drill again until October because of that. I’ll be in Europe for the whole month of June, I won’t have drill in July because of it.

fpwp.

Army is fine. Basic training is some of the best training I ever received. Don't listen to seething antifa yuropoors.

You'll be sent to Europe by them for a month or is that just a vacation?

I'm in a unit that is part of a pilot program where we are integrated into an active duty unit. We've had 4-8 days drills a month for the last 2 years. AT is 20-30 days every year. Your state may not have it. I would recommend active duty if you go at all. Any thing you want to do outside the Guard will be severely limited. You job wont like you being gone all the time and will be reluctant to promote you. Your school work could suffer and the Army won't really work with you as far as your schedule goes. I ended up getting on with active guard reserve which is like active duty except your full time job is at the armory. I recommend getting your civilian career sorted out and if you want to join the military, go active duty.

I was hoping for National Guard duty to be like a part time thing where I could maintain a job during the week.

The NG does get a lot more influence from their specific state rather than the feds, but you can still be sent to active duty for a bit and be a part of the “regular” military. That being said really research the different Guards of the states, as some like Colorado aren’t too bad and regularly score top marks in things like marksmanship while others are complete memes. Also in my personal opinion choosing a MOS like 11b in any state Guard is pants on head retarded and if that is truly something you want to do for some reason you may as well go active duty instead so you can at least feel like you are getting good OSUT training. Though I suppose if you’re dead set on joining and can’t get any other MOS because your state doesn’t have any available or you’re a dum dum who didn’t get a decent ASVAB score it is decent. Just don’t act like you’re Solid Snake for doing so.
You can’t get fired from things like weekend drills at jobs and schools also have to accomodate such things, but it can get pretty crazy nonetheless.

Dad did it a bit before becoming an army pilot to help pay for college. Seemed to think it was fine, got to shoot 8 inch howitzers and stuff. Sad we don't have them any more

Im 11B for TX NG. Its really annoying and tedious more than anything. Drill is almost always just sitting in the armory while command does admin shit. The field is alright, but we rarely go. Drill always seems to happen on the worst weekend possible, and it makes it harder to find a job when you miss 2 weeks plus some fridays every year that are supposed to be excused (many guys have to use vacation days for drill). Overall I have mixed feelings, i wish my contract was like 3 years instead of 6.

Should I join the NG as a 68w if I live in a state prone to hurricanes and want to join with the intention of helping?

No, that’s where annual training for my unit is.

>You will be better trained, safer, a better shot, better equipped, everything.
Civilian cope, let me know when you do shoot houses and live fires with mortars but get paid for it
>And you won't waste a single bit of your time.
Except you'll waste a fuckton of money trying to replicate it half ass.

It is, the guy you’re responding to is part of a test program to have units that are basically active duty. Most units aren’t that batshit with their schedules.

I have like 2 drills left as an infantryman at the end of a 6 year enlistment. There's a lot of gay shit you're gonna have to deal with, but a 3 year enlistment will give you enough skills to be better trained that almost anyone out there outside the military. Just keep in mind that one weekend a month two weeks in the summer is a lie.

Wrong, I went to the field for almost every single drill for 6 years, save for two or three admin drills a year.

>They're basically reservists for reservists.
Nope, reservists are considerably more ate up than guardsmen since they aren't ever combat arms.

Yes, but I wouldn't do a six year and I wouldn't do it if you have a well established professional job. If you're a younger guy just starting out, then a three year is perfect for learning some skills.

I had that problem too, but we're winding down now, especially since we just got stood down from a deployment.

You a 143rd goon? We did opfor for yall earlier this year out by bullis.

This guy again. Can someone explain how payment works while you're in basic and AIT? Do I get paid while I'm in or after I finish? I just want to give a family member access to my account so they can cover my bills (car payment can't be setup for auto pay for some stupid reason) and pay for things for my dog while they watch her and want to know if I'll need to make sure I have enough before I go in or not.

You should get paid 2x per month per your pay grade. Days of pay are usually the 1st and 15th of the month

Should be direct deposit to bank account listed in your enlistment paperwork.

and that starts while in Basic, correct? Am I being silly wanting to join the FL NG as a 68w with the desire to help during hurricanes?

Attached: 1536527011973.jpg (520x537, 60K)

Not quite. National Guard is generally more mission-ready than reserves and often have combat arms personnel involved in their unit's mission. The National Guard is a detached state military that is equipped and trained similarly to the federal military, and answerable to the same UCMJ. Your state militia likely has its own medical, logistics, and infantry and engineering units for times of civil disaster. Speaking as somebody who works with the armed forces boosting manpower on disaster relief ops with Team Rubicon; not a soldier or guardsman

Attached: pakguard.jpg (500x707, 38K)

Yes you should get paid for basic and any drills you attend before you leave if your state does an RSP program. Pay issues while at basic are not uncommon, but they will work to fix it as soon as possible.
is me. We got mobed for hurricane harvey and helped there. You likely will help in a hurricane if you join, but theres like a ton more bs that you will deal with beyond disaster relief. You may just want to join a local disaster aid group or something.

It's not the only reason I want to join but I'd like to help if possible. I've toyed with the idea on and off since High School but was in a committed relationship at the time. Now I have >tfwnogf tiers of freedom.

Your call man. As it stands there are like 0 good deployments, especially for NG. However the border mission is super easy money if you have nothing going on in your life.

Enjoy your triple tour to Iran.

Nah, I’m an ADA fag on the east coast. But 143rd seems really cool if you have the time to put into it. Or if you’re in an AGR role.

Well as it stands it's just me with a shit dead end job and my dog. I'd consider active if it wasn't for her but my family is more than willing to watch her for basic, drill, training, and any possible deployment I may get.
>border stuff
What are they doing down there nowadays? Would Nursing school be a stretch while enlisted?

Attached: 1555621698002.png (1700x1700, 2.22M)