Tell me why I don't want TO BUY a M1A SOCOM II in the next 24 hours

Tell me why I don't want TO BUY a M1A SOCOM II in the next 24 hours

Attached: 60d7dd0de9f5befe3884784399e16a23--survival-gear-sniper-rifles.jpg (720x540, 61K)

Because your bank account laughed at the thought.

You could buy an Ar, AK, or FAL for less than what it costs and have money left over.

because of all those fugly rails obscuring what is a normally very aesthetically pleasing rifle

seriously, the rails look silly

>expensive
>heavy
>short barrel 308 for maximum flash and noise, minimum velocity
>fuckoff muzzle brake that can be felt 50 feet away
>not nearly as accurate as fudds make it out to be
>gives up all the classic tradition of the m14 in a wood stock for gay plastic or camo
No

Because they are expensive, heavy, and have no advantage over an AR-10.

they're cool
for all reasons

AR-10 is better

Buy whatever you want OP, but there are way better guns for the money. Get a BRN-10 if you have to have .308. Use the saved money for mags and ammo.

Yeah :( but I can :)
I would probably remove the lower rails, but I like the larger top rail vs the newer little baby rail on the new SCOUT model
But it's easier to clean
You got me there, except I REALLY want a 308,

yeah removing some of that stuff would probably improve its appearance

in the end it's your money so if you like it, buy it!

>BRN-10
That actually looks pretty neat I'll see if I can find a good one

>But it's easier to clean
How would you know this is you don't own one? On what planet does this advantage out weigh all the disadvantages I listed?

how is it easier to clean?
t. resident m14gery defender

Its not a MK14 EBR

Attached: 731db2347e4b3a6f52549446475d3ba8.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

god when I was 13 I thought that thing was cool as balls
now im like eeeeeeeh quad rails no thanks

What about this abomination?

Attached: pix332268097.jpg (640x311, 54K)

You have to order it from Brownell's.

Look how many are on Armslist. They're shit.

Just go buy a fucking Saiga 308

LAME

Attached: 1564774543997.gif (531x354, 3.6M)

How else are you supposed to buy a gun that hasn't been in the market very long, people make the gun, those people sell the gun. Are you actually retarded?

follow your tummy user

>Are you actually retarded?
No just a cheap jew

>Implying the AR10 isn't .308.

I will if the AWB passes, maybe I'll get a few mags first but this calibre is a meme

You can buy me a AK and an FAL and then you can have an AR. done deal

you literally can't

Because you don't want to shoot a home invader and shoot through a wall or two behind him. Also, it looks retarded.

is that when the PSA sale ends lol?

have pic related, really like it.

ignore poorfags.

Attached: archangel-m14-m1a-precision-stock.jpg (458x458, 16K)

Because you could buy the pretty one instead.

Attached: 2FsT8RA.jpg (1482x1999, 639K)

Just think about it user, you could have one of these on your lap

Attached: tumblr_p0wang0Oi41vpejtho1_1280.jpg (912x608, 349K)

Because the platform it is on is shit and its only redeeming quality is the aesthetics which this ruined.
Just get any of the AR10's on the market in 308 or 6.5

What foregrip is that? I always seem them but can never find them for sale

MY EYES REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1559499496971.jpg (906x936, 849K)

I don't want it for home defense, I desire the .308 mainly because it's a more hearty hunting round

Cause you'll never get past the fact it looks like dogshit. If you're gonna go tacticool, go all the way; get a gun meant for rails, ding dong

Fuck that, why not Zastava m70?

Eww why accurize an inherently inaccurate (by modern standards) platform? You're killing the fun

Sorry but nfw can I justify them being a $1400 gun.

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE REEEE

Attached: tumblr_inline_od3rj3rmon1tn2hes_540.jpg (540x363, 37K)

im having fun with it.

get a ebr

AR-10 is .308, ya dingus

because you could get an AR 10 for maybe 3/4 or 2/3 the price and put the rest into ammo and mags.

Proprietary gas system.
Hard as fuck to work on.
Proprietary tools required to work on it.
Shitty sights.
Not actually that accurate - gas system needs to be unitized and shimmed to get anything close to precision.
Heavy.
Poorly balanced.
Wayyyy overpriced for what it is.
Obsolete.

Been there, done that. Buy something else - anything else - and be happier.

What is it about the M14 platform- other than the stock- that makes it less than sufficiently accurate to be a DMR?

Less locking surfaces, guns beat themselves to death. Even the accurized ones people use in competition have to be reworked every few hundred rounds to keep up. For a military with unlimited funds that's not a problem, but as a civilian shooter there are dozens of better options, the best one being the AR-10 platform.

AR style DI operation, many more locking surfaces, and easily tuned buffers will make your gun infinitely more consistent and reliable.

Attached: ar10beltfed.jpg (660x276, 42K)

> guns beat themselves to death
the gas system, non-free floating stock- anything else?

imagining that with the 18" barrel rn

>Less locking surfaces
come at me with the shear area if you want to sound SMRT

18" barrel is really bad

I was thinking of the 16 :^)

Attached: 1545711464905.jpg (3072x811, 519K)

Having been around someone firing that exact rifle with that exact brake, let me tell you it's not fun.
You will feel the concussion far away. While out doors.
A 308 is not meant to be that short and fuck FN for normalizing it.

this just makes me want it more

because the FAL is much better if you just have to get an old gun

also the G3

Because you want a functioning rifle and not a Springfield-engineered abortion of an M14.

No it isn't

it is
M1As are not good guns

FALs are worse.
worse accuracy, worse trigger, worse sights. fals suck dicks.

The big, inherent problem is that the gas system is made up of multiple parts that are all directly attached to the barrel and roughly timed to one another along its length on narrow threads. That means that the stock gas system is never actually locked up tight - at best, everything is within one thread-turn of tight, so the whole system is somewhat floating. Combine the violent action of the pistol, the whip / vibration of the barrel, and the stresses introduced to the threads, and it just degrades accuracy. Loosely screwing a bunch of shit onto the end of a barrel just doesn't square with precision. Then toss in the flimsy, non-bedded stocks, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

The platform can be made* accurate, but you've got to tear the whole thing down first, put it in a new chassis - which can cost as much as the base gun - and then rebuild, tighten, and unitize the gas system. And then it's still a bitch to mount optics.

because the m14 bulldog exists

Yeah like this one now offered by Springfield

Attached: AA9622_L.jpg (3000x700, 697K)

Are they cheaper then SCAR-Hs? Are they cheaper then G3s with Spuhr stuff?

because as
have posted, they look better with a wood stock, dont be a faggot.

tangodown. they have that one and a QD lever version. sometimes you can get them pretty cheap.

side note ebr chassis are front heavy as fuck

The what?

Very front heavy.

the most aesthetic choice. What I'm saving up for - going to be .100% cool with the Brownells summer sale.

that thing weighs like 20lbs. Do not do this. also, supremely expensive.

It's a fantastic battle rifle. It's a shit DMR. There - done. Also, FUCK is it heavy.

I've lugged one with buddies out a LARP - I wouldn't wish it on anyone - that's a one hell of an unbalanced hard-to-lug rifle over 5mi and 3000ft elevation changes.

Don't do it user - buy something whos design philosophy is from post-WWII.