Is there a reason WHY you cant keep a military RPK drum loaded...

Is there a reason WHY you cant keep a military RPK drum loaded? If you do a google search people say you cant keep them loaded, something about it using a coil spring and you cant keep them tensioned?

Does this make sense or is it fuddlore.

Attached: IMG_20181009_150930838.jpg (480x360, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

physicsforums.com/threads/does-static-tension-wear-out-a-spring.661309/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can keep them loaded, just not wound up. So I guess you shouldn’t keep a top loader loaded all the time.

Or so I’ve been told. Never seen the evidence of it failing or anything,

Fuddlore.
Don't keep shitty or cheap mags loaded. One with a proper spring will not wear out.

springs fatiguing under load is part fuddlore and part not

they shouldn't, but a lot of springs are shittily made and will anyway. thats the tl;dr of it. an ideal spring wont ever fatigue, and a properly made piece of metal wont change properties, but shitty springs will fatigue because they are made out of shitty metal and were shittily tempered.

RPK drums can be stored without tensioning the spring, so even if that is an issue you can get around it easily. Just wind it before use.

your confusing commerical production drums with real RPK drums, such as in OP's pic.

Assuming an average cost of $150 thats like $1300 worth of drums right there.

>what is physics?

You know. Like slavshit surps. I'm a bit slavaboo, but the reds built their guns and magazines on the cheap.

why dont u do it and report back to us

>risking $200 drum

Fuddlore. physicsforums.com/threads/does-static-tension-wear-out-a-spring.661309/

AOA had those and they were broken and sold for like $120.

these drums have a coil spring not a box spring.

probably wont matter.

but u said it's fake fuddlore

Cheapo fake aluminium springs will eventually take on the shape they're left in. Proper springsteel doesn't.

Romanians can be stored for the life of the drum.
..period

I keep my $300 Molot drum loaded, works fine.

don't they have to eat and sleep and shit?

pepperoni.

Prosciutto.

Kinda unrelated but I had MFT branded polymer AR mags warp on me cuz I kept them loaded.

Retard, they come with a plastic warp stopper that you put on for long term storage.

Mft are budget ass shit mags tho

there's a property in material something something elasticity.

Basically it's the thing that allows a paperclip to return to form up to a certain point. So you should all know you can bend a paperclip to a certain extent and it will spring back a million times, but go beyond it once and it is permanently deformed.

a properly made magazine spring does not approach this elasticity limit when fully loaded or used many times for many years. Other common wear damage is far more likely to render a magazine inoperable.

No they don't only gen 2 pmags came with that, mission first mags are like $7

Can i still find some of these? I have the innards of two drums but not the outer shell and it seems like there's literally noone selling parts for them

it's probably more to prevent it from accidentally mag dumping it's huge load all over you.
I could've sworn I had a gift for this...

>I bought mine for $39
>thought it was expensive.

Attached: 1564575033594.jpg (676x581, 75K)

This explains some things for me

>commercial production drums with real RPK drums
Speaking of fuddlore.
Do you think the Chinese didn't field an RPK? Rear loaders are just as "real" as top loaders.

Attached: 86S brochure.jpg (500x647, 57K)

I've seen a drum mag that was loaded in 1980s... and it was over 30 years old when we fired rounds from it.
Mag functioned perfectly without any issues. What wears springs is constant compression/decompression and not a constant load.

Cringe, not even a RPK whatsoever, totally different operating system.

You probably think a VZ58 is also AK.

Settle down rebbit. It has nothing to do with the operating system of the gun in question but the "commercial vs military" designation of the mag.

>conversation about AK/RPK's and military drums
>brings up some random totally different gun for no reason and says look at me

ugh, ok?

It's the same mag. It's not like I'm trying to shoehorn a VZ mag into an AK.
Are you going to tell me that Type 63 mags aren't AK mags, either?

Attached: 12599387_1066898000039627_1968447160_n.jpg (750x833, 114K)

>coil spring
I suppose I shouldn't leave my pocket watch wound because it'll wear out the spring huh?