BEST BASIC TRAINING FORT?

Hey Jow Forumsommandos, two weeks ago I enlisted in the army. Got a 57 score on the official ASVAB test and plan on heading to Fort Jackson, SC.

Any advice? My recruiter said there's plenty of women over there but I couldn't tell if he was sarcastic or not.

Attached: 200px-USATC_Fort_Jackson.png (200x238, 66K)

Don't quit. Don't fuck up. There are females of course, but their quarters are separate and you shouldn't be there except on DS orders. Don't fuck up.

Attached: kms_slowly.jpg (1683x2678, 639K)

57, wow what a nigger.

Fort Benning is the best btw, navy fags will say parris island

>My recruiter said there's plenty of women over there but I couldn't tell if he was sarcastic or not.

How much of an autist do you look like, and how much you can count to potato?

OP here.

Second MEP visit is next week. I've been anxious as fuck. Had a dream yesterday that the MEP doc found a slight curvature in my spine.

Whats the average score?

I felt like one.

I wouldn't worry about it. 1SG will be BEGGING you to quit. Just don't. It's fucking summer camp, but somehow half my cycle dropped out.

Attached: coin.jpg (1500x844, 170K)

>57
Fuckin retard.
>Support MOS retard
Fuckin Retard.

Fuck you boot.

In which fort did you initially serve?

The only people I know who scored sub 60 were niggers and women

I was intel. I wouldn't worry about it.

Op here,

When I took the ASVAB at the recruiting station I initially scored a 70.

IDK wtf happened at the MEP that it went down to 57.

It literally makes zero difference

>Got a 57 score
HOLY FUCKING SHIT... I'm fucking amazed you can even use the internet. 57 corresponds to something like 81 IQ. Instead of posting on here, shouldn't you be taking some remedial classes or something?

Attached: 1541516991362.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

started out at ft jackson here,

yeah there's plenty of women, but not much discipline. fucked a few before getting shipped to Germany

Based.

It’s basic. It literally matters less than your fucking shoe size.

>57

Congratulations on literally being too stupid for the Air national guard. Holy shit.

I went through MEPS with a FOB chinese woman who barely spoke english and she scored a 57.

>do well in one test
>go considerably worst in a second one

I love you, OP. You're my spirit animal. Hope it all ends up well for you, seriously. I wouldn't have the balls for armed services.

Attached: cat spaghetti.jpg (480x735, 32K)

Kek

Fort Jackson is for pussies, Sand Hill is the only real basic training, but even that was years ago now because there's women in the infantry now.

Don't feel bad homie. I scored a 50 something too. Can't help it were not the sharpest tools in the shed.

>take a test that will determine your career options
>don't study or practice
I don't understand you retards.
I'm dumb as shit and still scored a 97.

On what portion?

Didn't study for shit and I got a 74. Don't join, we have enough dumbasses as is.

Attached: 20190521_143558.jpg (2448x3264, 3.05M)

I got a 98 on the asvab when I took it at 17, my dad was a shop teacher who likes guns so I knew many things, but I was also a kinda fat, kinda naive and kinda autistic vidya nerd, I legit dunno how you get a 57 on that shit. You have to be pretty fucking spaced out. The literal learning disabled FAS ragemonkey in my grad class who took it with me got like a 78 and joined the crayon eaters.

>somehow half my cycle dropped out.
how the hell can that happen? I went to BNCOC at Benning and talked to a friend who was a DS and he told me he had a kid that had been on Sand Hill for a year, gone AWOL twice and just pulled phone watch during the day and the ITB commander still would not authorize separation for the little shit.

>Congratulations on literally being too stupid for the Air national guard. Holy shit.
you need a 50 for the ANG

>study for the ASVAB
I took it cold in HS and got a 91 with a 124 GT and all my other line scores were 119 or higer

There are plenty of woman even in the marines

it was in 2008. the Army was taking everyone. now is very different on the recruiting side but I expect it's pretty much the same in basic. train to standard. pass/fail on your own.

57 over here, and they gave me meteorology as my mos. i will have 60 college credits after im done with school.

I took it for fun once and got a 89, even though English isn't my native language and I don't know shit about Imperial Units except inch, lb and mile.

At that point, they were probably fucking with the guy

>tfw I was in one of the last classes to be all male

Felt fucking good. We (and our drills) got away with so much wild bullshit.

I got a 96 when I took it, and I was a shutin autist at the time

nigga u dum

I got 97 retard

You scored in the top 57 percent, it's a percentile grade.

Percentile scores really don’t matter. Your GT score and line scores are the real determining factor. And those go up to 140. So first thing you idiots should do is figure out if you’re all talking about percentile or line scores, then talk about how big of galaxy brains you are.

March 2015, I was with Charlie 1-34. As far as posts go, Fort Jackson is nice. My cycle had a lot of shit cut from it to fit in the 11 week span, but it was still good training. Of course, all the dorks that went to Benning are basically infantry so they're better than you.

My advice, watch a bunch of military movies (Full Metal Jacket, Jarhead, Apocalypse Now), mentally prepare yourself for Vietnam-style beatings, then breathe a sigh of relief when you realize it's all a joke.

Volunteer for everything, fuck what you heard. I'd rather have to do some bullshit on my own terms than have some dickhead volunteer me. If you've never been in a leadership position and you get placed in one, like platoon sergeant or squad leader, don't get a fat head about it and don't take it too seriously.

Write home to someone, call people when you get the chance. Let people know how you are, and don't hesitate to ask to talk to someone if you need to. I talked to the chaplain throughout TRADOC after my grandparents died and it was no big deal.

Last bit of advice: understand what you're getting into. However long your contract is for, you are obligated to complete it. Getting out early with full benefits is not easy, despite what you hear. The Army, and the military in general, requires sacrifice on your part. The sooner you accept that the better.

Don't do drugs, don't do crime, don't do dumb shit. Sounds simple but it's hard for some soldiers to comprehend.

PS, if you wind up in an ADA unit, dig deep and find a purpose asap. Officers run air defense and it fucking shows.

Thanks for the advice bro,

I was mainly worried with my score. I initially did 70 in the recruiting office. MEPs got me good making me do the 2hr test again.

I was wondering, can I re-do the test when inside?

Yeah, I forget the name but you can for sure retest to improve your score. Something like CLEP or BCEP, I got a guy currently working on improving his scores.

But Asvab scores only really matter if you're trying to reclass into a "smarter" MOS. At worst, you'll have incels swinging their giant scores like it really matters.

In my opinion it's more worthwhile to take advantage of your GI bill and get a degree or some certifications under your belt while you're in. When you get out, not only will you be a veteran but you'll also have a fancy piece of paper or two

Yeah, I'm currently coursing architecture. I'm looking forward on continuing education on base

The Asvab is a percentile score. Your line scores are the actual objective measure. General Technical is usually the yardstick for determining how dumb you are.
Post GT.

What MOS did they offer you?

It'll probably be a while before you have the chance to enroll in proper college courses, since BCT/AIT are specifically for military training only. Also, supposedly there's a waiting period for using your GI bill, so apply for student aid at your first duty station ASAP.

GT goes higher than 140

They didn't offer anything yet. I'm heading to my second visit to the MEPs this monday. I'm just grabbing general information.

Forgot to grab my line scores at the recruitment office. No way I can look them up?

Only guy I saw with scores above130 was a 30-year-old signal wizard, and an actual wizard. Love him like a brother.

But I shudder to imagine the autism of a 140+.

Start looking at MOS brochures to get a feel of what you want to do. Your line scores are based on your aptitude in specific fields (general knowledge, math, science, mechanics, etc). Once you have those scores, you can get an idea on what you qualify for.

You can ask to see it if you're curious, but gt requirements top out at 110 iirc. A higher score doesn't mean anything practically.

Can't you calculate your GT on your own?

I’ve see it debated both ways. I think it’s changed the past couple of years.

I’ve got a 137 and do commo. I also make fun of the rest of the commo world for being full of fucking nerds.

I literally got a 142 GT and 143 ST (130 MM was my lowest). I've been told it goes up to 145 by some and 150 by others, but the highest anyone I've ever met has ever seen is 144. I've personally never seen someone beat my score though.

proof

Attached: asvab.png (332x71, 13K)

>fort
>navy
>parris island
user i..

>half my cycle dropped out
>picture he could've gotten from anywhere
you're full of shit. basic is not hard enough to have a 50% attrition at any time of the year and it never was.
that would go entirely against the point of basic

scores dont matter as long as you qualify for the job you want.
if you don't qualify for the job then you can retake the asvab to get your scores up. not sure if there's a limit on retaking it.

>go considerably worst

I wish you and OP could be battle buddies in OSUT.

I'm actually a huehueland man, so I couldn't really do that. And i'm also a tad fat. And on top of that, i'm a fucking nerd. One more year and I finish my bachelor's degree in mechatronical engineering. I'm not dumb.

I think I would kiss OP in the cheek, even. I love people with this same characteristic as me - actually smart but screw up in tests.

Attached: duterte.jpg (562x539, 51K)

are those degrees popular south of the US or something?
i know a mexican who did that too and he was super proud of it, talking like he could do engineering in all arms...

i don't blame him, he's the first in his family to get a degree and will be excited. but it was obnoxious

user, I don't know how to break it to you, but...
The Army's weather is all handled through the Aif Force.

You may not be going to Fort Jackson.
>Hello, hello infantry!

On the upside, the Apocalypse is about to break loose. Get right with Jesus while you can and it'll at least end well for you.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1184, 1001K)

Well, as someone who works at the same university i'm taking the degree (and because of that I know how each engineering course works), they're more or less popular because here in Brazil (and other subdeveloped countries) a lot of companies are still expanding their operations and modernizing their equipment. They need qualified people, so the course becomes popular, more or less.

>talking like he could do engineering in all arms

That's because it is a versatile engineering. You can work with mechanical systems, with electric systems, or robots - which are, basically, the very definition of a mechatronical equipment.

25N here, same. I used to think all the dorks were in Signal exclusively until I went to 2-1 ADA. My God, Air Defense is something else.

OP don't go 14-series, Patriot is dumb and gay.

I'm not sure, my Asvab score was 93 but my GT is 128. Whether or not there's any correlation is beyond me. I'd assume not.

>Foreign
>Fat
>Nerd
Shut up and get in this office, Pedro, we got waivers for everything!

>initially scored a 70

I know I’m late. But I came to tell you that even with that score, you are retarded. You’re probably going to be one of those super hooah pogues who unironically enjoys cadences and PRT and all that shit. I’ll be damned if you’re not a Sergeant Major one day.

marines literally navy

My name is Matthew. Good guess, lol.

>Got a 57 score on the official ASVAB

Sorry you’re retarded man

These are mine from a month ish ago.
I'm not terribly weird and not some incel or autist.

Attached: 4A763DEE-ABB3-45E2-A999-0280523F9C22.jpg (1574x2100, 228K)

Imagine being as much of an ignoramus as you.

OP here....

Damn I feel like shit.

I'm not retarded or autistic or anything I just really screwed up at that time.

Well, next six months I'll be doing the test again I guess. Thanks guys

Infantry is brainlet tier for me...

Fuck I was hoping to work w/ intel.

Do you want to make a career out of it or not? If you don't, re-up once while you get your education. Get an employable in demand degree. If you want to career, keep working towards promotion. For the love of all that's holy complete whatever is required to start in at a higher rank cause the faster you make e5 the better life will be. Go green to gold, or even Darkside if you stay in but don't stay as senior enlisted. Start cardio training now.

branch != department
fort != camp