Hearing protection thread

Let's have a hearing protection thread, discuss what you use and how well it works or doesnt for you.

I've recently ordered pic related for indoor use, I plan to double up with Surefire EP3 and hopefully that would be enough to not make my tinnitus worse. Does anyone have any experience with a similar setup? Me being a first timer I'm a bit uncertain about my purchase, should I go for something else?

Attached: 676029i_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 54K)

I had those. Shot magnum loads through my 4" 629. Ears rung during the first shot, then a little during the second, and they stopped ringing after that.

I think they're working!

i have the same headset and double up as well. they've been fine for me, the sound is mono so they're probably not suitable outside of range use but that's fine. i recently bought but haven't had a chance to use noisefighter pads which replace the factory pads. supposed to be more comfortable and there's a notch at the top for your glasses to fit in and they're supposed to seal better too i think

ew
Don't use electronic ear pro with 22 db protection.
I have used the Impact Pros with their MAX ear plugs, works great. 30 DB headset plus 33 DB plugs.

Would it still not be enough if I use 22 NRR earplugs under them?
And I've considered the pros but my concern is that they are too big for rifle use.

I have peltor sport 300s, they'd probably be fine out of the box but I fuck with everything. Got the gel earcups on them, a headband and the rechargeable battery pack. They're comfy as hell with what I did to them, fit nicely around the glasses and cut down noise to a more than comfortable level.

Walker Razors. They are comfy as fuck, only downside is rifles with a tall stock will sometimes impact the sides of the casing and hit the volume button under recoil. I sometimes forget I have them on other than that though, sound quality is really good.

Go with the highest NRR you can possibly achieve.
Cheaping out on ear pro is a very stupid thing to do in this hobby.

Specifically the Razor X

Attached: 275487.jpg (2200x1650, 100K)

>unironically only using ear plugs in an indoor firing range
enjoy tinnitus

Daily reminder about doubling up.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-09-05-33-25(1).png (720x684, 135K)

I Peltor range guards over a pair of Surefire EP7s with the canal open. I can hear the range guard's speakers just fine, but keeps me comfy in outdoor ranges. I close the canal in the EP7s for indoor ranges, and I'm good to go.

Inexpensive, effective, and I can still use the electronic protection when outdoors.

comtac iii

You know you can just keep the canal shut if you're wearing electronics, right?

With the canal shut I find it muffles the speakers noticeably..

>huh, I can't hear people as well
>better take off my ear pro

Or why not just keep both on and still be able to hear ROs while providing more than adequate protection.

this post was me. the more that i think about it, i only fired an ar15 indoors with these once because even though i was doubled up it was too uncomfortable. no issues with a pistol though

shout out to for making me realize there are higher electronic NRR options out there, i'll have to reevaluate my setup (at least my plugs are 32dB NRR already and i always double up)

So should I at least try them and see if they work well with my plugs? If not maybe get higher NRR plugs? Because from all the reviews that I've read they said that these and Impact sports work well enough while being affordable.

I'm going to stop you right there.
Sports are not much cheaper than Pros. And half of amazon reviews are bots, and the other half are bubbas who have never used anything else, are already deaf, haven't used them, or all 3.

Peltor Tactical 500: 26 nrr
earplugs: 33 nrr

For indoor range use, especially handgun shooting you take the best passive over ears there is.
Which is the 3M Peltor X5A with 37db SNR.

Attached: kkk.jpg (3000x2000, 600K)

Considering that the dB scale is logarithmic, it's definitely worth it.

FIINGER TWERKING??? WHATS THAT??

I have inner ear issues that prevent me from wearing plugs. Is doubling up required? Can't I just buy bigger/fancier muffs?