What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 37863085_309748789764465_4374817197663453184_n.jpg (1080x1350, 140K)

ugg boot

rifle designed for special OPs so it has special OPs price tag

otherwise nothing wrong with it

nothin'?

Attached: 1429132822943.png (382x417, 251K)

The Waffle Jews at FN who have the balls to charge 3k for a fancy AR-18

I dont like Elcans and firmly believe people who buy them do so for the price tag and not because its actually any good. That aside, nothing wrong here.

>shooting suppressed damages the bolt and voids warranty
>damages optics
>shitty trigger
>reciprocating charging handle

it's made cheap for how much it sells for

>extruded aluminium and polymer

Absolutely nothing

All the larpers and tryhards started buying them fucking up the supply/demand and I won’t see them for 2,300 new ever again

Why is a reciprocating charging handle only a problem on the SCAR? No one says shit about it on AKs.

>Ugg boot
>Reciprocating bolt
>Fuckhuge $$$
7.8/10 too much water

It's a problem on AK too. Moving parts on the outside of the gun that affect cycling are always bad.

There are only 2 upsides to reciprocating charging handle and they are not worth the downsides: closing bolt verrry quietly and clearing malfunctions

It's its position. People have a tendency to grab near the magwell (like an AR because AR-like ergos) and stick their thumbs up high enough to be whacked by the charging handle. Where as with an AK, the charging handle is on the opposite side, and most people only complain about it if they're lefty, and ironically, the benefit of the charging handle on that side offers benefits for lefties they don't have to reload like a righty does. If you get my drift, it's mostly user error why people get whacked by their handle.
But otherwise
>recoil system kills itself
>destroys optics
>stock kills itself too
>stupid recoil because stupid light
>Couldn't take Pmags and people will seriously blame Magpul for this.
What's funny is that dumbasses will still argue that "well socom adopted it and it works for them" and actually it didn't and they went back to the AR. Most fans of the SCAR are know-it-alls who have to justify their purchase as well as justify their retarded conceited identity that revolves around the rifle. Literally some of the most toxic people I have met are elitist as fuck about this rifle and think that the AR and the SCAR are the apex of firearms design, when obviously, no, firearm choice is more situation than anything.

Attached: 1565490246689.jpg (640x960, 98K)

I started to make a Brap post, but then her underarm killed my boner and motivation

>Waffle Jews

Attached: 1475778966894.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

fpbp

>Tanodized screeching about why it's better than an AR with the same capabilities that costs half as much in 3..... 2.... 1...

This looks really cool in black

Recip charging handle. Had a buddy whoo got cut by it on the femoral artery in Iraq.

>$3,000+
If it were reasonably priced everyone would buy one just because they look cool in movies and games, but instead it's a plastic rifle that costs a shit ton.

Right on que.

>Most fans of the SCAR are know-it-alls

You probably feel this way because we're constantly correcting the utter bullshit you spew, like the whole entirety of that worthless post you just made.

>It's its position
>with an AK, the charging handle is on the opposite side

I mean, holy shit, do you not comprehend the fact the SCAR's charging handle is reversible? You can put it on whichever side you want. Wow. "Problem" solved.

>recoil system kills itself

Yeah I guess those examples of SCAR's running like sewing machines well in excess of 100K+ rounds are all made up. I guess the 2 million rounds fired through R&D never happened. I guess every gun in civilian hands is falling apart... oh wait, no. You're just wrong, that's all.

>destroys optics

Destroys shitty optics.

>stock kills itself too

Also wrong.

>stupid recoil because stupid light

Yes, the SCAR is remarkably light. It's reciprocating mass, however, is not. Only a bitch made weakling would accuse a rifle known for its mild recoil of being too much to handle. Though in your case perhaps that description is fitting?

>Couldn't take Pmags and people will seriously blame Magpul for this.

This is the comment that made me want to respond in the first place. It really solidifies your inept arrogance. I'm not even entirely convinced you aren't subtlety trolling. How else are you going to try and explain being ignorant to the fact the SCAR was designed, developed and field tested BEFORE the Pmag even existed? And you want to blame FN for lack of forethought? Jesus you really are that fucking dumb.

On behalf of my fellow SCAR know-it-alls, please stop being so wrong all the time.

These are all reaching bullet points, who distributed them to you? Oh is this bait?

A rifle a fifth of the price can do the same thing

The only thing that can do everything the SCAR does is another SCAR, and possibly that new rifle from HK... but you can't get or afford one of those either.

What can the SCAR do that an AR cannot?
Expanding on that since I'm sure features like reversible charging handle are (rightfully) part of that, what accuracy/reliability advantages does it have at a comparable weight and price?

overpriced boomer trash with shit MOA

fold the stock over

>What can the SCAR do that an AR cannot?

The AR can match many (but not all) features offered by the SCAR. However, there is none in existence that matches all of them simultaneously.

I'm not suggesting that makes the SCAR inherently "better." My position is simply that if one desired all of those specific features (like SOCOM did) then the SCAR is a very compelling choice.

You know what, I've been one of the spergs shitting at you in these threads because I think the SCAR is a horrifically overpriced toy, but that post right there is too fucking reasonable. I'm gonna just say "okay, fair enough"
I still think it's a vanity purchase for most people over an AR since the AR can meet the same accuracy and reliability benchmarks at a much lower price point, but you make a solid argument for purchase there.

Thx bby

Attached: 204596331.png (2048x1536, 3.19M)

Nothing.

Attached: 14580331_1068757316572166_532001024_n.jpg (360x480, 50K)

Attached: 1562961618141.jpg (571x705, 127K)

Just installed my Geissele Super Scar trigger five mins ago. Shit is nice.

All this cope for being $3500 in debt
>your charging handle bs
I rescind my statement, you can't be in debt because you're no guns. Generally righty's like to have their charging handle on the left side, so y'know, they can stay on target if they have to reload or clear a malfunction. Likewise for lefty's on the other side.

I hope your mom doesn't forget to pick you up from "training"

This entire post is complete and utter lies. Like seriously, why would you go on the internet and just make a bunch of absolute bullshit and half truths up to make yourself feel better about being a faggot?

>Staying on target with a malfunction
>Calling other people nogunz

Neck yourself, queer.

Not the guy you're replying to, but I did 5 years in the Cream Corn and that's exactly what I was trained to do, so maybe you should go do something real for once. I know going outside is spooky and all, but you won't get anywhere being a NEET.

So being a marine makes you an expert on a gun you've never touched?

If I held a gun to your head and told you to produce any report of SCAR stocks breaking outside of some scuttlebutt that came out of 2 batt 15 years ago that was never verfied, no one has any record of, and of which no pictures exist you wouldn't be doing to well, would you?

Same thing goes for "breaking optics". There were a handful of unverified claims that first generation SU-230s on ARMS mounts had problems.

You're just a fucking faggot, running your faggot mouth about faggot shit you don't know anything about and you really should kill yourself because you'd probably improve the lives of those around you in doing so.

How the fuck were you trained to stay on target correcting a malfunction on the majority of issued US weapons?

Price tag

AK is an old mass produced design that is extremely cheap to make, the SCAR is an overpriced gun that's marketed to be toptier. When you spend that much money on a rifle, you should have the right to be picky

This is why I got a Bren S1, for
>1,000 cheaper

I own a SCAR 17, though. Damn, this is some hard projecting, lul.

>5.56

And yet you can't seem to verify any of your bullshit, because it's just that, bullshit.

Seriously, why do you just go on the internet and tell lies? Do you do this in person too? Do you have a condition?

I thought we were talking about SCARs in general

Keep trying. You'll get there one day, kid.

Attached: lul.jpg (1613x1210, 1.07M)

>charging handle on the left side
>so y'know, they can stay on target if they have to reload or clear a malfunction

How is this not an argument in favor of the SCAR? It's one of the only rifles I'm aware of that allows for manual bolt hold open with a single hand. Want to continue aiming down sights maintaining cheek weld with your strong hand on fire control while simultaneously clearing a double feed? Okay. With the SCAR you can.

Interference of unoptimized third party ancillary devices is not a design fault of the weapon itself.

But what would I know... I'm just a nogunz lol.

Carried one while in the desert.... That thing is accurate. But reliable as grandma's hip after the 5th break... Fuck the scar-h

They’re just really expensive. A lot of people can’t afford to plunk down $3k+ on a rifle, especially when they have families to feed and bills to pay. Besides, an AR will do the same thing as a SCAR 16. The SCAR might run a little cleaner but that’s all.

because poorfags need a reason to stay mad at an excellent rifle they'll never have.
It's completely a non issue. If your thumb is way up there when you shoot you deserve to get it hit. Or if you're that much of a faggot you can just swap it to the other side AK style.
Clearing a malfunction is easier, using it as a forward assist is a plus to any military-like application.
It doesn't stick out anywhere near long enough to get in the way when shooting from cover or at weird angles.

Both my semi auto platforms have reciprocating charging handles. I prefer it. Feels more solid, and clearing anything weird is much simpler and quicker.

Lies

I'm more inclined to believe this guy instead of anonymous posters informed solely by clickbait youtube videos.

Attached: arfffffff.png (2760x1184, 300K)

I've heard it both ways from guys I believe. Some love it, others have issues.

Methinks the ones that have issues cleaned and oiled their gas pistons when they weren't supposed to.

And yet, you still can't verify any of your bullshit. Keep lying.

How does that happen?

I have never, and I mean ever seen a gun draw as much ire as the SCAR. Like, it's not even the normal kind of Jow Forums shitting on everything kind of pissynes. People go on the internet and just tell blatant, easily disproved lies about the SCAR and then when they get called out about it they go full autismo. It's fucking astounding.

Attached: 1536339531-Dmf9IuvW0AA9Hgt-960x540.jpg (881x538, 48K)

>this thread will hit post limit in 2 days of the OP
I love the butthurt scars cause the poor

Attached: 1469159618875.gif (512x384, 773K)

Attached: umad.jpg (319x243, 19K)

2 generations grew up with it being the god tier gun in their vidya.
Those same 2 generations post here.
Contrarians abound.

I mean, I'm not the one lying on a Nipon Underwater Godzilla Training board for internet peen points.

>Methinks the ones that have issues cleaned and oiled their gas pistons when they weren't supposed to.

If you listen to this guy's interview with Jocko, that's exactly the issue he had with junior SEALs frequent failure to RTFM.

Attached: 3d983d114b1d3c5cb45f8f0417cbd8da.jpg (720x576, 100K)

>contrarian noguns detected

Attached: qL7MwaT_d.jpg (480x377, 16K)

You should stop using that word if you don't know what it means.

So i dont own a scar but I own an ar-15, what is that makes it valuable to SOCOM guys that a pimped ar-15 couldnt do? From what im reading the SCAR does everything they want it to do all at once that the ar-15 cannot but what is that "everything" exactly

Attached: 1565104641149m.jpg (1024x498, 65K)

can't shoot that good?

Attached: scar oof.jpg (1446x1080, 232K)

>$3K

Attached: scar is this normal.jpg (800x450, 34K)

>what is that makes it valuable to SOCOM guys that a pimped ar-15 couldnt do?

Nothing, because the SCAR-L/Mk. 16 is in almost zero use and the ones that are are typically CRKs on Mk. 17 receivers. The Mk. 17 is in usage because it has a purpose in life, replacing the piece of shit M-14 as a DM rifle which was a real operational need SOCOM needed filled.

>From what im reading the SCAR does everything they want it to do all at once that the ar-15 cannot but what is that "everything" exactly

Nothing. Trialing the SCAR 16 told SOCOM what everyone with half a brain already knew. There was nothing even remotely approaching a cost effective replacement for the M-16/M-4/Mk. 18 continuum of weapons. Incremental improvement programs are all that are needed.

I know you haven't posted any guns, yet are in this thread to shitpost against a gun you have no experience with. You are a contrarian noguns newfag.

I'm defending the SCAR you fucking retard. Fucking neck yourself you fucking brain dead.

can't speak to the 16. and frankly still not sure if this thread is about the 16 or 17 or both. but anyway.
The 17 has range and penetration. Afghanis like to fight at the maximum effective range possible. So they set up a pkm way the fuck up on a hill where 5.56 can't go and rain down 7.62

As far as I can tell the 16 is just a conversation piece. I can't figure out why they still go for so much or who's buying them all.

Then why have you been crying nonstop to a guy that owns one and likes it? The fuck is wrong with you? I even posted a timestamped pic and you still kept sperging out.

Fuck off you daft fucking cunt.

I would have one if I didn't like the FAL more.
Shit I might still get one anyway.

You are fucking weird dude, my guy. You have some wires crossed somewhere.

HANG. YOURSELF. DISCORD. TRANNY. TRASH.

lemon squeezy

Attached: lolno.jpg (1056x1080, 501K)

>what is that "everything" exactly

Not break and shit themselves constantly under intense full auto suppressed firing regimens employed by SOCOM. Current understanding and modifications available to the AR-15 have come a long way, but the M4 was failing at a spectacular rate back when it was determined that a replacement was needed. Hence, the reason for the SCAR and HK416 existing in the first place.

Compared to the M4A1, the SCAR offers a cold hammer forged free floated barrel with exceptional accuracy, the ability to quickly change that barrel at the user level in exchange for different lengths or calibers, a monolithic continuous upper receiver for better mounting of inline I2 devices and lasers, integrated folding iron sights with mechanical zero slaved to the barrel itself, user selectable gas settings for suppressed use, a folding adjustable stock with comb height adjustment and storage, ambidextrous controls including a reciprocating charging handle providing arguably improved manual of arms, overall increased reliability and stated service life in excess of 35K rounds per barrel and 90K per receiver. All of this of course provided out of the box from a world renowned manufacturer certified to the highest standards of product assurance and quality control. And did I mention it was cheap too? The rifle was built from the ground up to take full advantage of modern production techniques; its design and materials are optimized for economic mass production while the 80+% parts commonality between L and H variants ensure minimal logistic impact.

Can you get an AR with some of these features today? Sure. Will it be cheaper? Maybe, but only in the consumer sense. And as stated previously, you won't find any that match parity with the SCAR in every category, there's simply nothing else on the market like it--although there are many imitations (none of which are AR-15s!)

>There was nothing even remotely approaching a cost effective replacement for the M-16/M-4/Mk. 18 continuum of weapons

It's really hard to make the case for a "cost effective" upgrade at the same time when your budget has been slashed 15% across the board, you've been tasked with standing up and equipping an additional battalion at every group, and oh yeah, you still get free M4's from the Army and each parent service branch for every SOCOM component.

There's no wonder-weapon in the world that could have make X > $0 a viable equation in that situation.

>And did I mention it was cheap too?
Wut

Link?

>reddit spacing

>Not break and shit themselves constantly under intense full auto suppressed firing regimens employed by SOCOM.
Do you have sources because this is triggering my bullshit alarm. Special forces tend to work in isolation from resupply. It doesn't seem plausible to me that they would encumber themselves with enough loaded mags to cause an M4/M16 to have issues, even dumping one mag straight after the other. Furthermore you wouldn't be spraying and praying in combat.

>Compared to the M4A1, the SCAR offers a cold hammer forged free floated barrel with exceptional accuracy
Sorry my man, its not free floated. You can't have a free floated barrel with a piston system. Also there is plenty of evidence it isn't exceptionally accurate, just DMR accurate. CHF cromelined barrels for the AR platform aren't expensive, hard to come by, or difficult to install.

Got bored with the sales pitch, stopped reading. You're like one of those idiots listing that a car has an AM/FM radio in the sales ad to try and buff it.

>Hurr my AR has a user adjustable, two position dust cover for the ejection port.
>Durr my AR has a top mounted T-handle charging system

Two can play this game, it is a stupid game that speaks nothing to the actual benefit's rendered.

>Free float
>Short stroke

This is why tripfags are fucking retarded. Delete yourself.

>Wut

Yes. The AR-15 is only cheap today because of economy of scale and 50+ years of market saturation. It is still more complex and time consuming to produce than a rifle consisting entirely of extruded aluminum, hammer forged steel, injection molded polymer and large simple geometry components that are easy to manufacture in mass quantities. The per-unit cost of a SCAR was already lower than that of an M4A1 at time of adoption. Given full scale production on a general-issue scale and that figure is driven even lower.

>Link?

youtu.be/1vNlCHHD4tg?t=3660

>The per-unit cost of a SCAR was already lower than that of an M4A1 at time of adoption. Given full scale production on a general-issue scale and that figure is driven even lower.
I mean, okay, but do you have a number?

>Also there is plenty of evidence it isn't exceptionally accurate, just DMR accurate.
They typically 1.0 moa guns
So within the ranges that 308 is used at, its fine

>per-unit cost of a SCAR was already lower than that of an M4A1 at time of adoption
Wasn't that mainly because Colt won a sole-source contract due to a lawsuit and was basically charging the government an extortionate price?

>Do you have sources because this is triggering my bullshit alarm.

Yes, my evidence is the fact that the SCAR even exists. Solicitations are put out to fulfill requirements, in this case, requirements that the M4 was unsatisfactory of fulfilling at the time.

>It doesn't seem plausible to me that they would encumber themselves with enough loaded mags to cause an M4/M16 to have issues

I mean, there are so many things wrong with this assumption... there's a good reason the heavy SOCOM profile barrel has become standard, but I digress. You make the critical error of small minded thinking. I'm not talking about a one time outing in the mountains. These weapons are used and abused far more intensely in training cycles than they likely ever see in combat. And you fail to take into account the logistical support needed to sustain an M4 under the use conditions employed by special mission units and SOCOM as a whole. Standard practice for their armorers to this day is replacement of bolts at 6K rounds to avoid sheering lugs. Barrels usually get tossed at just over twice that. Both parts often need replacement even sooner if the upper is short barreled and suppressed. The point is the SCAR was developed with this situation fully realized. Its parts and overall service life is substantially improved over the M4 by design. If you'd like to education yourself concerning some of the nuances of these changes, here is a good place to start:

m4carbine.net/showthread.php?62889-SCAR-vs-AR-A-detailed-look

>short stroke tappet piston
>not free floated

A free floating barrel was part of the original requirement for the SCAR solicitation. It would not have been selected if that were not the case. The FN SCAR IS free floating, regardless of what dumbshits like y'all will try to imply. By your same lack of reasoning, the AR isn't free floating either; "Because the gas tube is touching the bolt carrier." That's stupid. You're stupid. Now go away, stupid.

Remember kids, it's okay to make a 3500 dollar gun out of crap metal if it has a warranty that says "no suppressors"

Man where would you even begin to find those numbers. Per unit price when it comes to govt bids is a usually a trade secret.
>also everyone in this thread falling for ghost of squid trolling

Holy mother of bingo wing

SCARs are much cheaper to make than AKs, though. AKs rely on lots of heavy industry, which the Soviets invested in due to their industry fetish.
The SCAR is designed as a cheaper alternative to the AR15.

No. The truth is I'd rather have the 416 h&k over a scar. They are way more reliable.

>I mean, okay, but do you have a number?

It's hard to nail down exact figures with publicly available information. The number most often cited is less than $700 per unit, which was the latest contracted price for the M4A1. However, it should also be understood that these weapons are acquired as a full kit which includes multiple barrels, suppressors, optics, magazines, cleaning supplies and additional accessories all factored into the overall purchase cost.

>Wasn't that mainly because Colt won a sole-source contract due to a lawsuit and was basically charging the government an extortionate price?

Colt isn't subject to its own licensing fee, so they are free to bid their product as low as they want. Still, the SCAR could be purchased cheaper... but not cheaper than free. The Mk16/17 was a SOCOM funded project. They don't have to pay for the base M4's they get from their parent branches. Therefore, it didn't make sense to pay out of pocket for a redundant 5.56mm capability. Instead they chose to reallocate those badly needed funds towards other requirements including the 7.62mm Mk17 and Mk20.

>guys the scar is so cheap
>that's why it was never adopted as standard issue by anybody

I like your handguard user

Attached: 20180325_151608_HDR.jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

Attached: 79E7AD7C-FF31-498D-9BF2-E6F21D6F64EF.jpg (599x814, 135K)

>A single company with patent rights selectively manufacturing small batches of their product to maintain significant profit margins

Vs.

>full scale WWIII everybody and their mother including GM, Ford and Chrysler all shitting out SCARs by the millions per second

You don't have to deny the reality of the first example in order to recognize the potential benefits of the second.