Required Credit Score for Military Background Check?

Hey Jow Forums. I am trying to get into the US Army. I got a 98 on the ASVAB and a 138 GT Line Score. But I have shit credit.

Trying to get in as an officer, and I'm told anything with a clearance will check my credit. It's at 541 (basically dumpster tier).

I'm guessing I won't make it past the background check? I believe it's because of:
>the age of the accounts opened
>the amount owed (about $10,500 total)
>I do keep up with payments every month however
>I have never in my life had a late payment

But I'm between jobs, so I don't get much of the principal paid off. Once I have a job, which I hope is very soon, I'll be paying it off again, but for now, I'm pretty much stuck just being able to make payments on time.

Boned? [y/n]

Attached: 1516545411098.jpg (1440x1080, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumpan for assistance

Attached: 1525302124722.jpg (660x575, 52K)

Anyone?

Attached: 1525301324027.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

a thread died for this, welfare queen

I just want some help man. Can you help me?

Attached: 1525303151855.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

Enjoy being a boot. You're not officer material. Juanita and Tyrone will be issuing you orders from now on.

How about you? Can you help me?

Attached: 1559416994802.png (800x799, 557K)

Guess not...
Bumpan again.

Attached: 1473006274266.jpg (500x667, 89K)

>army
Fag.

Hi there. Can you help me out?

Attached: 1562120395280.jpg (500x666, 62K)

I had a Secret clearance with shit credit. Not an officer, though.

How shit are we talking here? Like I said, I'm at 541 as far as credit score, with $10,500 of debt. No other types of debt. Just that. But it's a low score, despite me never having missed a payment or having a late payment, even.

Because I think that's the only issue, with officer. The secret or top secret clearance depending on where you land as far as your field. I would face the same question/issue if I was trying to get an MOS like 35P, for example, which is top secret, despite qualifying for it. My credit would come into question, I imagine.

Attached: 1534734929040.jpg (200x200, 6K)

oh my God. This thread has gone on long enough.
No, your credit score is not checked when you go in for a background, Tyrese.

It is though.

I was checking, and for clearances, it seems to be checked.

Just double-checked. You need at least secret clearance at officer. Credit gets checked.

Pay off your debt, then join. They don’t want people who have loose ends

Well fuck. At least my scores are good for 2 years.

Dude just apply anyway, they don't care about debt if you tell them about it. Read this opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

If you’re desperate go combat arms, $40,000 bonus with $10,000 being given to u up front if you go infantry, cav scout, tanker, and artillery

10k of debt is fucking nothing, and no bad history means they won't even care. just run it

they check your credit to see if you're a major poorfag living a richfag lifestyle and therefore easily leveraged by anyone interested in the fact that you would hold a clearance.
you're fine but pay that shit off. you're not delinquent or anything and your debt is manageable.
do rebuild your credit, though.
this thread can die now

no one cares about credit check when it comes to shit MOSes. unless you're going for secret/TS clearance, no one cares.

also, there's a thread for this you dumb fucker. go fuck yourself, you useless future welfare queen. eat shit.

Attached: 1561456669211.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I guess I'm mostly worried because I was recently rejected by a PD I applied at. My background is fuckin spotless, save for 4 tickets, all a year or more apart, and the last one being in 2015. I don't do drugs, I don't smoke. Fuck, I drink like 3-4 times a year? Maybe 2-3 beers max each time?
But I figure it had to be my credit that fucked me, since the PD did check how much debt I have. I figured the military would care even more.

I'm trying for officer, which asks for secret clearance minimum. I even busted my ass and got myself through college to try to join as an officer.

You should be more worried about the penis inspection score. From the look of that puss posting you're way under the required minimum

Sick burrrn... lmao

Attached: 1429527668111.gif (447x260, 2.14M)

Do you have a college degree? You’re not going to be an officer without a degree.

Yes

Pretty much everything is waiver able, find out what it takes and go for it. Oh and print and save the completed security questionaire, it will save you time.

How the fuck is your score that low? Lots of debt alone won't drop it down that much, that like "I'm defaulted on four accounts" low.

>shitty debt and credit is waiverable for a security clearance
how about you go be a retard somewhere else?
t. 2 hours later passing by because the guy below your post is a fucking retard responding to a resolved thread
he literally said his credit score in the OP. i can't believe you replied to this shit

If you're keeping up with your payments and open and honest during your security interview, you'll be fine. Also, be able to articulate that you learned something from what happened and you aren't an impulsive irresponsible spender. I have seen folks with quite a lot of debt they were working down in SCI billets. Nobody's perfect, and the adjudicators know that.

t. securityfag

Attached: 9487e638192c76064505aa59f1cc06ca.png (2400x2400, 185K)

I guess because some of them are fairly new accounts? I really wish I knew, man.

Thank you. I will do this.

Also it says I had a hard inquiry done a few months back. I think I know where it's from, but I'm not 100% sure. It also says I dropped 20 points in the past couple of weeks, despite no change happening.

you can have debt and a security clearance

_not_ paying your debts will cost you your security clearance (potentially)

if you are generally financially responsible this is not an issue

just remember to report anything to your security office BEFORE it becomes a problem; don't let them find out anything on their own

I've seen people with pretty bad financial issues still hold an SCI. It's because they were honest and worked to resolve things basically.

>clearance held for 26 years now

Thank you. I will do this. You guys have been extremely helpful, so I really appreciate it. I was really wondering how I'd get this thing going without having to put the whole thing on pause for a few months to get my score bumped up and a bunch of debt chunked out.

>But I'm between jobs
that's the real issue DESU, you can have mountains of debt and a good credit score so long as you are both paying on time and employed.

Working on it. Should have a job shortly. Been slamming out applications like crazy.

are you fucking retarded?

reconsolodate bruh. keep that shit under 30% across all cards. Sell a computer or some shit to make a drastic influx. Credit is a big deal because it can indicate financial vulnerability for sale of secrets.

if you have no recent hard inquiry/new accounts, open some to raise your total available credit.

why are you trying to scare him all of a sudden? OP's questions have all been answered.
in fact, why is this thread still receiving posts?

>Like I said, I'm at 541 as far as credit score, with $10,500 of debt

This means he is likely in the interest paying zone of death. Without illegal contributions, he will likely not be able to repay this. Now, if he joined up and used his bonus it might work.

the advice he has been given is retard tier:

increasing total allowable credit and refinancing will fix it quickly. if he is stuck paying the interest jew he is fucked.

Nah, once I get a job I'd be eliminating cards fairly quickly. Thankfully my living situation is temporarily taken care of, so I could invest a decent chunk of my pay to eliminating cards, one by one, from any debt. Example: 2 of my cards are 1.3k and 1k in debt. I imagine I could eliminate those from the equation quickly. That leaves only 2 other credit cards in debt, which I could start chunking into. All I have is 4 credit cards. Or would I maximize points gained on credit score by instead doing small chunks on all 4 cards?

Doesn't refinancing kill your credit though? I figured it may do more damage.

>needing goodgoy points to be a level 2 certified thimbsitter
intresting