Russian planes

Are Russian jets the best in the world?

Would American fighters have a chance against them in a hot war?

Attached: MiG-29SMT.jpg (1500x1013, 422K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rimon_20
rt.com/russia/466238-russian-rocket-blast-sea-rosatom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no and yes

yes, they're rugged and could fly for weeks and weeks if there was a war.

attrition on both sides would be huge though.

Attached: 1540175325273.png (938x1994, 114K)

sorry, yes and no

Its called slavshit for a reson user

(Dont forget to sage when you post inna-bait threads)

Attached: 1393178850731.jpg (625x626, 30K)

>slavshit
ironically this sounds like b8

Seeing as the Americans get a lot of practice actually flying their planes and can afford to make more than a dozen "high end" planes at a time for a given production model, yes I'd say they have a reasonably high chance of beating Russian planes.

They're only good acting as one of many layers in the Russian air defense doctrine.
The Russian fighter pilot cannot get to sleep without his ration of vodka, and his GCI operator singing a lullaby over the radio.

>they're rugged and could fly for weeks and weeks if there was a war.
kek, russian fantasies never cease to bring forth laughter

Attached: 1550809364877.png (623x469, 118K)

slavshit has been part of the Jow Forums vernacular since before your balls dropped, newfag

>guranteed replies: the thread

go home ivan

Attached: 264471_600.jpg (600x424, 71K)

>also this

Attached: 1551080898095.jpg (3300x2550, 752K)

Russian aircraft are basically functional but possess worse avionics, engines, airframes and weapons.

In the event of a war with America it's likely that they would be dispersed, grounded and hidden in hangers or bunkers to preserve them as Russia has neither the money nor industry to replace their aircraft if lost. They would also be hopelessly outnumbered, as Russia possesses a fraction of the aircraft of the United States.

>not posting the superior version

Attached: 1563557498595.jpg (1024x791, 144K)

>worse avionics, engines, airframes and weapons

kek

Attached: Mig-31BM.jpg (2400x1349, 458K)

>PESA radar
>performance limited by poor engine metallurgy

So 10 years ago Russia started trying to upgrade their 44 year old aircraft with technology from 25 years ago.

In that 10 years, they have managed to upgrade 25 aircraft. Not even the Indians are impressed and nobody by Syria was willing to buy any MiG-31

Then this year, they announced it would instead be replaced with the MiG-41, a space-fighter armed with laser cannons.

Not at all. It reaches the maximum practical limits for jets without intake spikes.

> High-altitude speed is temperature-redlined to Mach 2.83 – the thrust-to-drag ratio is sufficient for speeds in excess of Mach 3, but such speeds pose unacceptable hazards to engine and airframe life in routine use.[5]

Fun fact: 10 years BEFORE the Russians squeezed out the MiG-25 from the diseased sphincter that is Mikoyan-Gurevitch, Lockheed Martin designed Pic related for the same role. It flies faster, it flies higher, it flies further than the MiG-25. It was cancelled because the USAF realised the defensive Air Interceptor role was obsolete and was better served by SAMs.

The Russians not only ploughed on regardless, but "upgraded" them decades into their pointless life.

Russia has been behind since the 50's, and even then the slight edge they had was the absolute dumpster fire that was the century series. As soon as the USAF figured out how to used Phantoms effectively it was over for Russian Aircraft design

Attached: YF-12A.jpg (300x359, 19K)

>noice, im saving that one

Could somebody explain to me what the point of such bait threads like this is?

Free (You)s and easy attention from people who should know better.

>Free (You)s
What are "(you)s" actually?
I have been here for years but never really understood the meaning of this expression.

Either:

a. Vatniks looking for attention

b. Americans looking to bait Vatniks

c. Russian troll farms throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks w.r.t. making Russia's Air Force not look like the corroded heap of trash that it is

d. Russian troll farms posting and stoking fires to make us hate Russians even more and not care when Putin Tianemans their protests later this month

e. US troll farms posting and stoking fires to make us hate Russians so we'll continue to let them play the great game against them in Syria.

here's one for free :^)

f. eternal anglo
g. butthurt belters

Responses, essentially.

I like both the F-15E and Su-3x aesthetics

Attached: su-30sm 1029686959.jpg (2200x1413, 303K)

25 mig31s is enought to scare off all USAF bombers

>"stealth killing" radio-photonic radar
This is what vatniks kept saying about GaN but now that the Patriot out of all fucking weapons is getting GaN AESA, they've been weirdly silent about it. My bet is that the lards will field radio-photonic radar too and suddenly we won't hear about them anymore either.

>It was cancelled because the USAF realised the defensive Air Interceptor role was obsolete and was better served by SAMs.
>The Russians not only ploughed on regardless, but "upgraded" them decades into their pointless life.
To be fair, Kroutchev had a hardon for rockets and was pressing for a SAM-based air defense system. Both MiG and Sukhoi had developped a bunch of heavy interceptor prototypes, but they weren't developped further until the MiG-25 came along, because it fulfilled both the PVO's long rance interceptor requirement, and the VVS recon requirement, and only then the leadership agreed to fund the project.

The MiG-25 upgrade was triggered by the defection of a pilot to Japan, which is when the West realized that it wasn't a proper fighter and could only fly in a straight line. It sent the authorities in a panick, and they urged engineers to shelve out an upgrade to try and keep an "edge" over what NATO new about.

A huge amount of Russian efforts are internal propaganda, to the point that 60% of Russians believe that the navy of the Russian Federation is the strongest in the world.

The lies they tell their own people go way beyond what they tell anyone else.

Attached: IMG_2333.jpg (4032x3024, 614K)

>to the point that 60% of Russians believe that the navy of the Russian Federation is the strongest in the world.
substantiate your claims

>MiG-29SMT
It looks like an overweight goose.
I wonder if it is as disliked by pilots as the MiG-21SMT was.
At least the avionics in this one should be able to limit the pilot from departing into a flatspin every time he tries to go into a nose down turn at certain fuel loads.

Attached: honk.jpg (1920x1200, 110K)

>Are Russian jets the best in the world?
no
>Would American fighters have a chance against them in a hot war?
yes

Attached: 8DB8363C-9A80-4ACD-8370-8ACA1F3C3C77.jpg (1280x750, 101K)

>attrition on both sides would be huge though.
no

*destroys entire Russian airforce*

Attached: 512123F5-B7DF-4F22-9411-6F8961AD76E6.jpg (3568x2142, 2.99M)

>they're rugged and could fly for weeks and weeks
no

Attached: 838EC0FC-287C-4ADF-9753-28A50B35F0DB.jpg (1440x811, 134K)

No, but I have a soft spot for the MiG-29

Attached: 65D34E7E-7840-4DD3-92EE-00C5FFA83B54.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Damn that fucker is sexy.

*SEADs*

Attached: B6A0D895-7125-4EF6-9A32-D59D139517F9.jpg (317x159, 5K)

That’s the new production block 70. AESA radar, stronger airframe to increase life by 50%, conformal fuel tanks

*Serb'd

They were designed for a high attrition WW3 and a military culture where new equipment was rapidly prototyped, rolled out, and replaced with new models - longevity be damned.

Plus, the LERX auxiliary intakes to facilitate operation from rough, improvized airfields was a clever idea.

One aircraft lost out of thousands of sorties is great.

>USAF
>SAMS

Are you retarded? Besides, the length of the Russian frontier is impractical to be guarded primarily by SAMs

See

Attached: D3203A29-801D-4047-9A48-D15AD95E3A69.jpg (800x470, 71K)

*Gets destroyed by NATO

Attached: C1C80B93-62CC-4BD2-BF86-48C5E9592505.jpg (750x500, 34K)

Attached: 430364BE-BECC-4DCC-8123-13879A0E0EE0.jpg (800x413, 43K)

>the absolute dumpster fire that was the century series
Sh-shut the fuck up ;~; I love them

>Are they the best in the world.
No, they're good functional plons and their short term hardiness makes them good if you need to maintain an airforce without the most modern possible facilities.
>Would American fighters have a chance against them?
Yeah, and it would probably be pretty damn lopsided too since Russia is geared up for border defense wars while the US military has been focusing on power projection for quite some time. On top of that the US has a greater capacity to replace planes lost in exchanges.

>Stealth killing radio-photonic radar
>Renders stealth null & void
>Which is why America, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Turkey, South Korea, Japan, China, Pakistan, India, Russia are still putting billions into research and development of their own stealth fighters, or aquiring the technology from others.

now post the real one mutts

Attached: shilling.jpg (2048x1582, 687K)

>buzzwords
>fucking buzzwords

Attached: Ok vlad.jpg (1080x1727, 470K)

The numbers would be too embarrassing to put down.

slight mistake saving mine, someone posted a much better one later in the thread

Attached: 1563600250223.png (1055x1721, 1.71M)

I liked your version a little bit better though, user. Plus with the few moments a work you put into it, I figured I might as well hold onto it.

Attached: 1538172967034.jpg (765x720, 107K)

Cute useless elephant walks, would've been sad if something bad happened to them..

Attached: 15a35 ur-100n uttkh (1).jpg (2190x3272, 1.89M)

REMINDER

Attached: mig-25.png (1040x248, 28K)

is this picture of that russian missle that exploded on take off and killed few people while doing Chernobyl 2.0 to the area in some russian shithole village?

What a fucking abomination. Why can't amercans modernize their rustbuckets more aesthetically?

Attached: f_d3d3LnVhY3J1c3NpYS5ydS91cGxvYWQvaWJsb2NrLzZmZi82ZmZhNDRkNDc0ZWNlMmY3OGNkZGRkMTA2ZjZmNmE2Ni5qcGc_X1 (1492x995, 133K)

Take your meds.

Attached: 3k30 rsm-56 bulava.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

so is it?

>Are Russian jets the best in the world?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rimon_20
>The Egyptians themselves reacted with ill-concealed delight at the outcome of the engagement. They had previously suffered intense criticism of their own performance and boasts of superior Soviet skills, when in fact the Soviets had fallen for tactics the Egyptians were already familiar with

no they're not

Attached: 1557702872456.png (595x528, 236K)

Is it what? Take your medications.

is that picture of that russian wunderwaffe that exploded few days ago that killed some russians and iradiated some shithole village

>Take your meds.
did you take yours armatard? your family might find that their gay son neet living in russian shithole village is not taking his sucidie meds

>United States intelligence officials have said they suspect
So it never happened.

russian gov literally said to take idodine and stay inside
so like i was saying

was the picture you posted picture of that russian wunderwaffe that exploded and killed some vatniks and iradiated some shithole village in russia

- >russian gov literally said
If Russian government said something, refer to what they said directly.

you're not getting out of this armatard
so
was that pic you posted picture of that russian wunderwaffe that exploded and killed some vatnik

Do you happen to be a manlet?

>russian wunderwaffe that exploded and killed some vatnik
Did this happen outside of your propaganda outlets fantasy world and twitter?

rt.com/russia/466238-russian-rocket-blast-sea-rosatom/
was that pic you posted picture of that russian wunderwaffe that exploded and killed some vatnik?

>took place on a sea platform
>liquid-propellant engine
So it was a liquid fuel engine test. Amazing how it turns into something else once it reaches western propaganda outlets, isn't it?
And no, Bulava is not liquid fueled. Stay mad.

Attached: 3m30 bulava mute.webm (1280x720, 877K)

>Its called slavshit for a reson user

Craptor and Fail-35 are also called for a reason, dude.

was that pic you posted picture of that russian wunderwaffe that exploded and killed some vatnik?

actually it killed 5 vatniks

Does Babushka have to peg you again, Armatard?

Attached: actualstateofrussia.jpg (647x598, 92K)

why do i smell gay russian neet from this post?

Attached: muh f35 crashes.png (1749x205, 26K)

I just answered that, imbecile.

so it's not picutre of that russian wunderwaffe (hato shill pigs LITERALLY on their knees crying) that killed 5 vatniks?

Back to Jow Forums.

Attached: proud of usa.jpg (880x919, 593K)

>why do i smell gay russian neet from this post?

Cz you keep sniffing your silicone pussy you nicknamed Natalya, probably.

I just answered that, imbecile.

Savage.

Attached: keks.jpg (1462x1462, 477K)

>samefagging
sad, even for gay russian neet armatard
when is your family gonna visit you?

so is it picture of some other russian wunderwaffe #16511312 (hato shill pigs LITERALLY crying right now) that exploded and killed some other vatnik?

Attached: Kuznetsov vs Liaoning.png (1994x562, 2.5M)

I think this fatnik bot is broken and needs to be repalced.

>armatard is at it again
How does he do it?

Attached: 1430600558222.jpg (496x499, 24K)

you have lots of free time when you're a gay russian neet that's living alone becasue he's afraid of his parents

being kicked out of krautchan and every other board helps too

JUST IMAGINE what sort of life that must be lol. Day in and day out posting the same shit like a broken record. Truly a fate worse than death

>ha ha! Pig dog design
>it matter not that us superior communist planes get mouth raped repeatedly
>we are superior

>attrition would be huge on both sides

How long would it take to knock out all 6 Su-57s?