Who here would give up universal gun rights to get back unlimited gun rights for people in the hobby...

Who here would give up universal gun rights to get back unlimited gun rights for people in the hobby? I don't know if that would be a license thing or what, but just some barrier of entry that once passed allows unrestricted access to any type of weapon. No more faggots crying about banning this or that, it doesn't apply to us, we proved ourselves perfectly responsible. No more NFA bullshit, no more state feature bans, no more DDs. Yeah your average Kyle Yanniger on the street will be prohibited from going into a gun store and buying an AR and 30 rounders, but fuck him anyways, he probably voted for the restrictions.

Attached: unknown.png (1080x1075, 743K)

Canada proven themselves perfectly responsible with licensing and the government is yet still targeting them. Canadian gun owners are 3 times more peaceful then unarmed citizens in Canada. It won't do shit to stop antigun retards my guy. You're thinking with fantasy vision.

Honestly, I've been pushing a "raise the bar for entry while increasing what those above the bar can own" solution for a long time because I think it's the only way we're going to preserve gun rights to any real extent. The country is liberalizing, the courts are narrowing the right to the extreme, politicians aren't interested in expanding or defending the right, and like it or not gun control is popular in the country. It's only a matter of time before we start losing even harder than we have been. We need to start tying things like NFA reform to popular measures like UBCs.

A democracy functionally means that the media is in charge of what the political consensus will be among the normies. Since the individuals responsible for programming the public determined long ago that they would like to see the American public disarmed, any concessions that you afford them will never be enough. This proposal would place the shooting community in direct minority opposition to the general public, and we would be vilified for it, as the media has already determined that we should be vilified regardless of reality.

You have a point. I am not familiar with Candian gun laws. Is it just the government pushing more restrictions, or are "the people" also asking?

A solution like this is really only a work around the fact that a democratically-elected federal legislature is a horrible joke. No one has the right to decide what people they will never meet get to do or not do.

A very small section of the puopulation shrieking every time something happens in the states, and even louder when something happens in Canada.
Also the government shoving legislation down our throats.
The RCMP acting with impunity and interpreting laws on their own accord and enforcing them doesn’t help either.

Thing is there are more of them. They dont have to take us into account...

I'm not particularly against UBC. Make it freely available so people can do BG checks before private sales. Then gunbroker and the like can do those checks before selling you the gun, so it can ship directly to your house. Hell a well devised UBC program might make things better.

Never. Licensing defeats the whole purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

As a fucking leaf I can confirm this. Gunowners in canada ARE the most peaceful demograph and yet we are demonized and the blame for everything that happens. Gangbangers? Gun owners. Drug problems? gun owners. Climate change? gun owners. Shootings not even in our own nation? has to be canadian gun owners. They seriously have it out for us in Canada, and everybody world wide. Don't let them in any further guys, seriously. The media and government here treat us like worms and the devil for the past 40 years.

They'll never stop. It will never be enough.
We'll install our hoops and jump through them all like good little boys and then someone will shoot up another public place and our hoops will be deemed insufficient. And we'll go through the same rigamarole again and new licenses will be required again and more federal control and higher prices and more restrictions.
No more. Don't fall for this.

They realize bans don't work just as much as we do. What they think will work is destroying the supply. If nobody can get them then the .0001% of owners who use them for mass murder won't be able to get them either.

What 2nd Amendment? I haven't seen one in years...

unironically this. our population goes "LOOK WHAT HAPPEN ELSE WHERE, WE MUST BAN OUR GUNS NOW"

The leafs got a point, fuck licensing dude.

The board of people appointed by the government to look into gun safety/laws having only 1 person who shoots guns, an Olympic athlete, and the rest of the people being admittedly anti gun sure is nice.
The one lady is also like the head of the loudest anti gun group in Canada.
When pointed out the government was like nah that’s not a conflict of interest

What did Wendy day the other day, gun owners are way more dangerous then gang bangers because they actually practice hitting what they aim at and the gang bangers miss

Fuck you and your antifreedom shit you fucking nigger.

Guns arent just for you and the people who you think are okay. Guns are a manifestation of the right to defend one's self, which is a natural right.

You cannot convert a right to a privilege, you blithering faggot

What don't you understand about their goals? They, as in the gungrabbers in general, will never be ok with any level of gun ownership.
They do not concede on any front and never will. The only reason they'd support your idea is if it facilitated their plans down the road of further restricting rights.

Go ahead, find where the line is drawn by these people. You won't find it until you look at the "no guns for anyone but authority figures" line. Even then people ant to disarm police like the UK.

Agreed

What happens when YOU specifically fail the licensing test and now must live like a gunless felon? What is your personal plan post failing this licesing test?

Or how about remove all restrictions and licensing?

Attached: 1536555810230.png (500x500, 141K)

>Surely my completely retarded idea will come true

It's not a right anymore, you should have the right to own any military weapon according to the 2nd. That right is gone and totally disrespected. There is no right left to protect. We should at least get to have fun while we're at it.

SHALL

BE

That would be awful. Gun ownership is already getting more polarized, and if it keeps like that, you'll never get your rights back.

INFRINGED

In 10 years you may have exactly that. Its your future, the old have no future they just have numbers.
AI will also play a much larger part of monitoring and pattern recognition. So there will be not need to process what is actively monitored.
AI will know and focus on patterns and move to intercept or allow alerts and high risk places and movements.
AI will vastly reduce all crime not just shootings.

This. We've had a recent uptick in the number of shootings in Toronto (mainly Somali gangs), and a few people are screaming about banning handguns again. However, owning a handgun in Canada entails:

>passing two tests (one for "non-restricted" and the other for "restricted" weapons)
>having at least two references for your license application
>daily criminal record checks automatically carried out by the government
>buying the handgun in the store still means you have to wait for ~2 weeks while the government does some kind of bullshit to approve the transfer and register the gun to you
>it has to be stored with a trigger lock and inside a locked container at home, separate from ammo at all times
>you can only legally transport it to a government-licensed shooting range or gunsmith, again with a trigger lock and inside a locked container

Virtually all handguns used in shootings are smuggled from the US (just pay desperate people a few hundred bucks to drive a few dozen across the border since it's unlikely that they'll get stopped and checked), but politicians have the nerve to wave around a bullshit study "proving" that half of all guns used in crimes in Canada are locally-sourced, despite the fact that the study counted imitation guns, airsoft guns, cap guns, etc. as firearms, and also ignored guns whose provenance they couldn't prove.

In reality maybe 10%, if that, of all handguns used in shootings in Canada are stolen from or used by legal owners, but we're totally flooded with smuggled American guns anyway so getting rid of that 10% does absolutely nothing to the actual supply of illegal guns.

>DO SOMETHING

See the thing is nobody NEEDS a handgun. I’m as reasonable as the next guy and I don’t want to take your guns away, I understand Canada has a rich history are hunting and the natives need guns so they can continue hunting for food after we stole all the land and turned them from a peaceful people to fighting wars for us. So no I don’t want to take your guns away, heck I even have one myself. But the thing is nobody needs a handgun, not in this day and age

>nobody NEEDS a handgun
>I don't want to take your guns away

So what do you propose to do with people who already have handguns, but don't agree with your perception that nobody needs a handgun?

Isnt it clear what we need to do
A government buy back
new zealand Has had great results, the overwhelming opinion from citizens is that it was time anyway.
Most gun owners actually feel good about making their country safer

I think this place has been flooded by some crazy dumbshits since the closing of ate-chin.

You stick out like a sore thumb

Stick your fucking blackpill up your ass. Non compliance is already widely in practice by people on both sides of the law.

Non compliance wont get back the ability to purchase SAMs for my back yard. It doesnt help anyone new in the community who doesnt already own banned shit to sit on. Non-compliance is a non-answer. I'm tired of lazy fucks like you reeing SHALL like that will do anything for anyone but yourselves. Please let the big kids talk.

How can anybody listen to you when you talk like a absolute moron and speak like you're in a movie? Jesus christ.

What part of "Amendment Right" don't you fucking progressive shills understand?

how about we take universal unlimited gun rights and you can get fucked?

Attached: drivernephi.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Not an argument

He's not wrong. Noncompliance is just ignoring the problem.

Not saying you're wrong, but I do want to know what your source is on the"most peaceful demographic" bit. Got some Canadian friends that would be interested to hear that.

This happens in sweden too, where you need to get a license to purchase and they deny your purchase on ridiculous basis. Basically hunting rifles cant look too tacticool or have a foldable stock.

Then if you want to appeal to the court to overrule you have to spend a fuckton of money on lawers while providing the police with lawers through your taxes

>this thread again

Attached: 1547535050260.jpg (1739x1123, 439K)

What the fuck do you want online autists to say? Fucking go shoot cops and federal niggers? People won't do it because people are too fucking comfortable the way things are with society. Sorry to say, were on the downward spiral, and its only going to get worse. Media has control, the powers got control, and they don't want armed people, and the more narritve control they have, the more society is anti gun. The only way you can force people to get violent is if they are starving, or their families are in intimidate danger, which neither will happen because the powers that are in play know how to keep us sedated and calm. Guns will be gone. It might take 50 years, 100 years, 200, but they will be gone.

There is no revolution, just time we can buy for ourselves, and next generations, and maybe, just maybe, pray for some sort of collapse to build everything up again, which is a very slim chance.

Attached: 1545090923588.png (640x448, 51K)

No. Fuck you, grabber.

Jeez, there are more than two answers. We should get ahead of the restrictions and work them in our favor. I had a good idea on using UBC to cut out FFLs as middle men so we can ship straight to our door. And kind of the whole point of the thread was get them to regulate things, but never ban them. Bans are gay and only really affect those who follow the law. But maybe some regulation would get some would be mass murderer to choose explosives over an AR. Without common folk reeing at their senators we could fight off the special interest groups.

>just some barrier of entry that once passed allows unrestricted access to any type of weapon
It's called citizenship.

that's kind of like what boomers did with the machine gun/NFA registry. fuck you for even suggesting such a thing.

Then the next day there ban fuck regulation

Except they banned them instead of allowing unrestricted access?

>There is no right left to protect
The powers that be trampling on the right does not the right destroy. It's yours. It will always be yours, no matter what. You can take it into your own hands, or you can cower like a beaten dog.

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it’s enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law, and no courts are bound to enforce it.
— 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256

Slavery isn't worth anything, it's valueless because you get no choice in the matter and owning a gun is not a hobby, it's your fucking civic duty. You hobby faggots are under the misapprehension that your gun is a funny pew pew toy to go play around with in the woods with your friends, or some piece of consumerist shit like a jacked up truck or sports car so you can show off to all the people who don't give a shit about you how you beat them at being fiscally irresponsible. Your firearms are your final defense against internal and external threats, and a material statement of your own sovereignty over yourself and your property.

>In 10 years you may have exactly that. Its your future, the old have no future they just have numbers.
>AI will also play a much larger part of monitoring and pattern recognition. So there will be not need to process what is actively monitored.
>AI will know and focus on patterns and move to intercept or allow alerts and high risk places and movements.
>AI will vastly reduce all crime not just shootings.

This is all redflag law shit. I want no part of this faggot tyrant AI. Butlerian Jihad now!

Same reason that people are uncomfortable with the idea that some choose to conceal carry. In total opposition to the basic statistical facts that CCW people never murder anyone. Because they’ve been programmed to.

>we should get ahead and restrict ourselves
"No."
Fuck off, let it keep getting worse until things explode. There is zero chance of the people in power letting go of the levers peacefully, of their own free will.

Sure, if you could magically guarantee. There would be no other infringements...but you can't.

>had great results
They have no idea how many semi auto rifles are in the country

They just have to look through store records

They've admitted they don't know, the number is somewhere above 13,000 but they don't know for sure.

Buy backs are illogical anyway. Either you buy back guns from good people and leave the rest with criminals. Or you arrest people handing in guns, because if handing in your guns makes the country safer, you must have been a criminal right?

they allowed a grade period first just like you are suggesting you sister fucker

>X is illogical
yeah that doesn't fly when it comes to proposed gun laws.
name the impact of any gun legislation on gun crime in the US
they don't even pretend it has any impact, they don't ever quote what their gun laws have done.