This is a destroyer, change my mind

This is a destroyer, change my mind.

Attached: DDH-183_いずも_(11).jpg (1920x1280, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201908210022.html
youtu.be/YOgzobqcq1M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whatever floats your boat

Honestly, most surface combatant designations are borderline meaningless these days. Frigates, destroyers, and cruisers all heavily overlap in size, capabilities, and role.

Also, it's 2019. It can be whatever kind of ship it self-identifies as, bigot.

Attached: USSWisconsin.jpg (2820x1870, 3.4M)

What does it use to destory? Is it
A. It's own guns
B. It's own missiles
C. Missiles launched off of aircraft launched off of the deck

If c, it's a carrier. Depending on tonnage, aircraft capacity/type.

No destroyers are anti sub and cruisers are anti air there are amphib ships and fleet carriers there is a real difference between ships. I mean shit for a while what was the difference between a light and heavy cruiser?

I think you're just a bigot, this is 2019, it is a destroyer if it wants to be.

It's specifically a "helicopter rescue destroyer". For destroying rescuers with helicopters.

Attached: 1377531064738.jpg (800x1323, 174K)

Looks like a slope sloop to me

It's 2019 ffs! An aircraft carrier can identify as a destroyer.

China is the best!
China number one!

Chang my mind.

Well, modern warships derive a lot of their utility and power from having helicopters on board. I think no one would dispute that the Arleigh Burke is a destroyer, yet it can carry 2 helicopters. Following this logic of, helicopters ---> power and utility, the Izumo is simply being the very best destroyer it can possibly become by carrying 28 helicopters!

>Also, it's 2019. It can be whatever kind of ship it self-identifies as, bigot.
Kek

Is the bridge in the rear primary flight control?

CARLOS!

desu, the Type 075 will probably beat the Izumo in terms of being an LHD.

Attached: ECaGhu5U4AEx0QG.jpg (960x1280, 121K)

The differentiation between cruiser types varied two ways over the years during the battleship age, the first was armor layout, light cruisers (then called protected cruisers) utilized a specific protected cruiser armored scheme to keep their armor relatively light while affording some protection, heavy cruisers (then armored cruisers) meanwhile utilized a more conventional armor layout and had much thicker armor. Following the dreadnought and the eventual death of the protected cruiser concept there were only armored cruisers in technicality, however from armored cruisers arose two new concepts, that of the light cruiser and the heavy cruiser, light cruisers would utilize smaller rapid firing cannons to allow them to effectively screen against torpedo boat destroyers, and with the rise of DP guns even provide anti-air support for a battlegroup, while heavy cruisers would fulfill the role of being a ship of the line but not quite on par with battleships. In short, armor scheme initially differentiated light cruisers from heavy (or rather their equivalents of the time period), and then gun size and purpose, as well as to some extent armor thickness, became the means of differentiating light cruiser from heavy prior to the two classifications just being merged into the modern cruiser as ship of the line battles became an outdated concept and the idea of the Carrier group grew

>No destroyers are anti sub and cruisers are anti air

There are plenty of AA-focused destroyers around and pretty much all cruisers operating today can do anti sub work.

we should just do a mass reclassification of naval types
cruisers and destoryers have approached each other in size, mission, and capability that we should just rename them into a single class, the main battle ship or MBS

Not at all, it's weaponry is too weak. The closest thing to an aircraft carrying destroyer is the Kuznetzov

Pretty certain that's an LHA which means it has zero offensive and subpar defensive capabilities on it's own. It's a really long stretch to call that a destroyer.

Admiral Kuznetsov and other Soviet-built "carriers" are most accurately described as being aviation cruisers. Small air wing for fleet defense, primary weapon are the missiles the ship carries.

That's the JS Izumo, officially classified by the JMSDF as a Helicopter Destroyer. Their constitution (Article 9) is interpreted as preventing them from having "offensive weapons" like aircraft carriers, so they call that a Helicopter Destroyer to get around it.

Going off of the Japanese lack of AShMs and absence of a well deck, this an probably an ASW platform:
it'll be used like the Essex-class later in the cold war, acting as a command ship for Chinese sub-hunting

wait a second
>Battleships fags compromising

Attached: Os63UKo.gif (384x216, 499K)

Primary Surface Combatant.

Aircraft carriers are aviation cruisers, so I guess that's an aviation destroyer.

Its an improvement at least

Destroyer!?
I barely knew her!!

woooooooooooooooooo!!!

Attached: Harhar.gif (400x308, 569K)

kek

Attached: 1485316418635.gif (324x216, 509K)

Carriers are obsolete. Subs are the future of naval warfare and have been since ww2 ended.

How long before the Japs start flying F35B's off their baby carriers?

Attached: JMSDF ISE (DDH 182) Nov2017.png (1342x894, 2.66M)

Soonish. AFAIK, they've already finalized the first purchase of B models.

At least Russians put cannons, torpedoes and serious anti ship weapons on their aircraft carrying cruiser.

Let's not get carried away jerking off to the Russian Navy, at this point they can't keep their carriers above water and their subs are somehow prone to catching fire.

It uses it's embarked helicopters to destroy submarines, just like most other destroyers.

asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201908210022.html

says Izumo fiscal 2020, Kaga 2022

also damn I like those names we WWII now bois

That's because the jets are for CAP. Those AShm are the main weapons.

youtu.be/YOgzobqcq1M

Once China puts these into carriers, Americans will shake boots!

soon, payback for Nanking.
It's gonna make Curtis LeMay's little fire bombing of tokyo look like a tiny grease fire in the kitchen.

Frigates asw
Destroyers asuw/aaw

Since this is the only boat-related thread right now, I'll post this here

So, I'm from Valencia, Spain, and I just saw this thing in the hrabour. For me it looks like some kind of fairly old military vessel, but I'm not sure at all

What do you say?

Attached: weird boat.jpg (2218x760, 1.87M)

check your own thread

Not surprisingly, this self-identification nonsense all started with Interwar Germany.

Attached: Schlachtschiff__Gneisenau_.jpg (784x464, 58K)

Kuznetsov is officially a cruiser. Aircraft-carrying cruiser.