Why are there so many different knuckle dusters designs ?

Why are there so many different knuckle dusters designs ?

What is the ideal ?

Attached: 1.jpg (400x400, 55K)

Attached: 2.jpg (400x400, 60K)

Attached: 3.jpg (400x400, 61K)

Why are there so many different gun designs ?

What is the ideal ?

Being recently legalized in Texas, I just ordered two sets the other day. One set that's legit brass, the other is chromed steel. I'm a sucker for the old design from the 1800s. There's some really cringy mall ninja shit out there, though. That became very obvious when I went searching around for these two.

Attached: bk.jpg (1120x504, 123K)

>Why are there so many different knuckle dusters designs ?

Mall ninjas need an excuse to keep buying them for a "collection", otherwise they buy just one and stop.

>What is the ideal ?
Use a noir/mafia/mob weapon that can actually coma someone/shatter joints with no risk of hand damage. Pic related, the lead-filled Gonzales Leather 415/245/187 sap design and descendants like the D3 Protection 415 family are timeless and also more illegal than an unlicensed concealed pistol in some jurisdictions, check your local laws.

Attached: file.png (1280x856, 3.47M)

Hey guys,
I'm looking for something in particular.
Is there a "brass knuckle" that's fashioned from a single piece of padded steel with a strap that wraps around the four fingers?
I'd like something I could wear all the time and still use my hand.

Attached: 1433246767818.jpg (1280x1006, 110K)

Do saps and blackjacks also fall under that umbrella in TX?

A glove, moron.

Where did you order yours?
Some of us actually learned to fight as children instead of having our suburban whale mothers bitch at the principal about kids in school. Just don't be a dumbass and your hand won't break.

Brass knuckle? No. Palm sap? Yes.

Attached: file.png (283x340, 299K)

Woah revelating
I want something that distributes the pressure more evenly to my hand and doesn't restrict movement as much as a glove.

Interesting, I'll have to check out that design.
Thanks user

Brass Knuckles Company. Look at the ultra gay description of the chromed steel ones, though. Only bought them because of the reviews, but clearly this site is run by a massive faggot. The real brass ones and these are supposedly really good without being a "belt buckle" so they don't have that stupid pin on them.

Attached: cringe.jpg (967x922, 190K)

Yeah, that'll hit home with the intended consumer group, no question.

Attached: 90c0f44112136cf542f8f11da25e3332.jpg (772x580, 53K)

Before I got my CC and problem solver, I used to just carry a roll of quarters. As long as you have something solid to wrap your hand around, you drastically reduce your risk of shattering your wrist when you punch someone. Ever stopped by a cop and frisked, you can just say it was for laundry

I was a gay ass edgy teen who carried a 'belt buckle' around and thought I was hot shit for it and I would have thought that was gay as shit.

wow legit brass

Attached: wow.jpg (724x543, 98K)

[Spoiler] Me too. I once pulled out some brass knuckles on some older kids who were giving me shit, and came off as a complete psycho tryhard. Lack of self confidence was the dam holding back my edgy tendencies, saving me from dressing like a complete tool. Thank god for not growing up with social media[/spoiler]

Attached: 1560475201905.jpg (960x720, 33K)

Reads like j Peterman catalogue descriptions

I can't tell if this genuine enthusiasm or not.

What knuckle dusters?
All I see are belt buckles desu

Maybe where you live, but here in Texas as of Sept 1st, they're brass knuckles and you can carry them legally.

Different brass knuckles were meant for different things.

Many were designed for full on punching. Others were designed for hammerfist style cutting into soft tissue (hence the term "knuckleduster") and were worn between the knuckles rather than like rings. Other knuckles ran somewhere between the two functions.

They varied in size, shape, and material as their functions and intended use changed over time. Earlier knuckles tend to be way heftier and thicker as they were meant to be primary weapons in a time when firearms weren't reliable. As technology advanced, they got slimmer and more pocket friendly as the gun became the primary and the knuckles as the back-up or less-lethal tool.

There's plenty of providence for their effectiveness, but most of Jow Forums will either dismiss them as mall ninja shit or unironically buy into the bs rhetoric politicians used to get them banned decades ago (because they're ignorant to know better and to stubborn to admit it).

Attached: Angelina_Jolie-Brass_Knuckles-2.jpg (700x294, 35K)

Attached: Ryan Gosling.gif (500x249, 485K)

Are these those things I remember old ladies in cartoons using to slap characters?

Attached: A07-BKD100.jpg (1000x1000, 115K)

How are these supposedly so damaging? I would imagine brass knuckles would fuck someone up way worse.

It is a weight at the end of a short lever. Pick up a hammer, hold it by the head and hit something with the head. Now try grabbing the other end of the handle and hitting something with the head. Feel the difference? See the difference in damage caused?

Here is my favorite design, the fifth ace. It has a triangular shape on the left side that is narowed down to form a tip. While it is not the best design for punching, it's hammerfist is absolutely lethal
Here you see it used on a pig, it is everything but mall ninja shit.
Different designs of brass knuckles can be traced back to times where mall ninjas weren't a thing.
THIS

Attached: fifthace.jpg (578x579, 38K)

This thread is making me want to reinstall "Escape from Butcher Bay".

I've got a couple of interesting ones to share.

First off, this evil bastard. It's made of iron, and according to the markings appears to be either French or Belgian, early 20th century. What's especially interesting is who it belonged to: Walter Henry Thompson. Who was he, you ask? He was an Inspector in Scotland Yard, and is most famous for being Winston Churchill's personal bodyguard. These, along with a Colt 45, were his EDC when on duty.

Attached: IMG_0430.jpg (1980x1320, 184K)

Is it in your possession?

And then this one. It is silver, made from melting down coins like those pictured.

These were issued to British special forces operating in the middle east during WWII. The idea was that they served as an easily concealed weapon, but also had emergency cash value.

Attached: IMG_0431.jpg (1980x1320, 229K)

Yes, it is. I also have a lot of documentation proving its provenance.

Wheelgat

I'd like a pair made from tungsten carbide.

>These, along with a Colt 45
What a fucking legend

I think the best design would be a single hole/arch arch for all the fingers rather than individual holes, and an interchangeable palm rest cushion

Neat. How hard is silver?
Probably out there, you can find these things in every material imaginable at this point.

its not like it wasn't standard issue or anything

>Neat. How hard is silver?
I haven't tested it or tried to hit anything with them since they're valuable collector's items. I would assume they're fairly hard since they are not pure silver. The coins it was cast from, the Maria Theresa thaler, was .833 silver and the rest copper.

The best design is one that has been tailored to fit your hand.

Actually kinda neat/10

cool things to have user.

Attached: civilwarknuckles_dug.jpg (1001x697, 149K)