Had the US military not adopted the AR platform, sticking with the M14 or other NATO battle rifle...

Had the US military not adopted the AR platform, sticking with the M14 or other NATO battle rifle, gun culture would have been dead decades ago. Fudds and grabbers would be able to walk all over us.
But because the AR is a uniquely American rifle, and stands out, gun culture has survived.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: rand.jpg (700x436, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0CvX0S632E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're an alabama nigger you don't wanna be free. To hell with NAACP

Yeah

based rand paul

I really wish he was the president right now. Now everyone is going to be barred from buying guns for going on Jow Forums all because Jow Forums refused to meme a manlet into the Oval Office.

I think if the AR didn't exist, Vietnam would have still happened. Army Ordinance would have been forced to make something that would have been equal to the AKs the Vietnamese had. I think it would have been similar to a Mini-30, but with a scaled down .308. Probably something like 7.62x35 NATO or something.

But you'd be half-right. ARs are easier to manufacture, and there wouldn't be as large of a gun culture base. But I think it sill would have held into the 21st century.

Now, if we'd have went with an intermediate cartridge right when NATO was founded, that would be another story.

Attached: 165193.jpg (505x320, 27K)

They could always have just scaled down to the Mini-14

Attached: mini14-police-2.jpg (1200x700, 121K)

True. That was just an analogy.

And fun fact, I think Ia Drang would have been the turning point. Little Big Horn 2.0

he supports red flag laws

srsly? what a homo. no longer based.

Daily reminder that libertarianism is controlled opposition.

7.62x35 is literally 300 Blackout kek

Oh, well that's easy. I was thinking of them cutting the .308 in half, kind of similar to how 8mm Kurz was developed.

Nope, doeesn't look like it to me.

Attached: DSCN0060-.jpg (354x512, 20K)

the m14 is also uniquely american and is just as trash and had just as wide an aftermarket.

whatever rifle replaced it would have taken up the same spot as the m16/ar15. even in sport shooting in the west, the m1 and m14 reigned king for a very long time, albeit in sporterized versions

>because the AR is a uniquely American rifle, and stands out, gun culture has survived.

>Peeps would not consider participating in the shooting sports if there was no AR.
lmfao, fucking dumbass.

What?

>The .300 AAC Blackout (designated as the 300 BLK by the SAAMI[1] and 300 AAC Blackout by the C.I.P.[2]), also known as 7.62×35mm is an intermediate cartridge developed in the United States by Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC) for use in the M4 carbine. Its purpose is to achieve ballistics similar to the 7.62×39mm cartridge, or even more similarly, the 7.92×33mm Kurz cartridge in an AR-15 while using standard AR-15 magazines at their normal capacities.

It definitely would have been a lot worse without the m16. The troops would have ran out of ammo faster due to the reduced carrying capacity and wouldnt be able to control the full auto power of the m14 with its horrible recoil impulse and poor accuracy. But air superiority may save them

We would’ve simply gone FAL and has something like pic related in that 6-something mm decades ago instead of trying to get something similar right now

If something un-American and unwieldily as the M240 can be adopted in every sense of the word, so can the FAL

Attached: 70778E9E-D051-4BA8-A363-1EDA4C10ED6D.jpg (640x427, 48K)

....thats just not true.

That or Congress force feeds the FN FAL down the Army's throat, or an early FN 5.56mm or other intermediate round.

Arms Ordinance would have probably been hesitant to adopt something that wasn't their own invention. Just like 30-06 being the parent case to 7.62x51 NATO. That's my rebuttal.

Besides, 300 blackout is based on the 5.56 casing except scaled-up for a .30 caliber projectile.

That's true. It just (hypothetically) depends on who could convince Secretary of Defense McNamara on which specific weapon idea.

But the M240 traces its roots to the BAR. Its that bastard child you learn about after you "studied" abroad in Belgium,

I think I saw footage from the Marine Corps from early in Vietnam, before the M16. I was surprised with how heavy they relied on the M60 at that time.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0CvX0S632E

Oh I agree. I was just telling the other user that 7.62x35 is a thing.