MRE

I figured ya'll would offer better guidance than /ck/ on this one: where is the best place to buy MREs, either physically or digitally? Preferably full course ones and preferably somewhere with mostly not shit ones. Wanna know in case any of the atlantic storms start angling to hit me.

Attached: MRE.jpg (380x550, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B074FBQ54J
ebay.com/itm/Case-14-SOPAKCO-MRE-Emergency-Ready-to-Eat-11-17-Inspect-Date-REDUCED-SODIUM/173975280941?
youtu.be/f26fai4PmVI
mypatriotsupply.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's what I use for camping and when I'm lazy.

amazon.com/gp/product/B074FBQ54J

Optics Planet frequently has good deals on cases of MREs.

That said, if you’re not going innawoods, just stock up on canned food and bottled water instead. They’ll be a way, WAY better deal than MREs, and a much better use of limited storage space.

Why?

I never realized MREs are so god damn expensive. I would do beans, rice, and canned meat for a lot less.

>Wanna know in case any of the atlantic storms start angling to hit me
I'm in a shit city that a tropical storm knocks out power in my area for 3-7 days. I'm still in a dorm so my options for cooking and storing are limited and it only just hit me that MREs solve both those problems so i can have hot shit sometimes.

When i was in college there were tornados that came through and knocked out power for 11 days. The university provided 3 meals a day. I just ate random shit in my cabinets. I dried all the meat i had on hand. I had chicken and bacon jerky, and dried hamburger jerky. Fatty meats spoil faster so i ate those first. i made it no problem.

>The university provided 3 meals a day
My uni is a shit and only provides it some days. I'd just like my options open for those other days rather than just pb&j, jerky, or cold soups. Hell, even just somewhere to buy the heating elements is a welcome link.

i mean you could go to somewhere like walmart and spend like 50 bucks and get tons of great canned and packaged foods like corned beef hash, tuna, spaghettios, jerky, pasta, absolutely tons of options and it's real food not MRE's, which, as good as they are, they can be pretty bleh most of the time. look at it this way. if you're in a dorm and having to ruck around and carry the food isn't a problem, then store-bought stuff is always going to be better

btw i miss being in my dorm and having my comfy secret cabinet of emergency foods. life was so simple and basic. enjoy it.

then here, disaster special, most of an mre without some of the extraneous stuff.
ebay.com/itm/Case-14-SOPAKCO-MRE-Emergency-Ready-to-Eat-11-17-Inspect-Date-REDUCED-SODIUM/173975280941?

MREs are dope
T-rations are trash

to add to this you could get a loaf of bread for like a dollar at walmart, and all kinds of condiments like mayo and ketchup and mustard etc that don't need refrigeration until they're opened. if you're just a tad creative you can really eat pretty well on a college diet. most college kids just don't know how to shop or cook. get yourself some popcorn and mac and cheese nigger it's cheap. mre's aren't really that cheap

Eating canned food at room temperature is fine, especially in a survival situation. Almost all of my survival stash is from Costco, with a little from Walmart and Dollar Tree. I have a bunch of cans of hash, stew, chili, chunky-style soup, and Vienna sausages - all of which are fine at room temperature. There’s also a couple big jars of peanut butter, which is high in calories and protein and basically never goes bad. That’s what you want to get you by more than MREs, user.

Campbell’s/Pace/Prego Ready Meals are also really great for disaster prep, and are dirt cheap - a little under $2 each at Walmart. Same with Hormel Compleats. Both are better heated, but perfectly fine at room temperature. Both are fully cooked, and neither needs refrigeration. They don’t keep as long as canned food - about a year, as I recall - but they’re pretty tasty, so there’s no problem with eating them out of your stash and replenishing them with new ones as you go. Consider them recommended.

Attached: D6C11AF3-50A6-42A1-AFD8-8D9F584D8481.jpg (403x450, 53K)

If you get any I recommend menu 2, 5, and 7. I think that's what they were. Shredded bbq beef, white chicken chunks, and beef brisket.
Those were the best ones I had in basic. A lot of people raved about the chili mac but it was meh. Avoid the Chicken, tomato, and feta one.

>I'm still in a dorm so my options for cooking and storing are limited

I had the great idea to bring my Coleman 533 single burner camp stove with me to Uni. Runs on camp fuel or regular unleaded. Used to use that plus my mess kit to cook up all kinds of chow out on the dorm's fire escape. Just make a three sided wind blocker out of some tin foil covered cardboard and you're golden.

Civilian MREs are cheaper and won't leave you unable to shit for weeks. A small camp stove and a water filter will do a lot for you - I'd say to snag those and buy cheap canned goods and bread. Chill out with that Chef Boyardee and stay comfy.

>waiting this long to consider maybe you should have supplies ready in a natural disaster

Sounds like you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you have your nagant and a few cases of coke ready and you'll be as ready as you're able to be.

I get mine at a surplus store in town. Usually its just a clusterfuck of leftovers, but theres still some good ones.
Its about 10 bucks a pop
Try a surplus store before you go online. Shipping will get pricy and ruin any price advantage as picking them up in the store

The Wolfe Pit does amazing things with an air fryer. One of them might be a good option for you. Between that and an electric kettle (which you can use for hot water for noodles and such), you have some good options.

youtu.be/f26fai4PmVI

It’s always like 10 bucks but damn for that price they ought to last 15 years. So a 3 day supply is like 100 bucks, you can buy a months supply of freeze dried meals for that with a 30 year shelf life. For the price of a case of MREs you can buy 200 lbs of dried beans which will last you well into the end of history.

> looking for a cooking option when power is out
>hurrr use an electric kettle

Canned goods are heavy, but you're not wrong. Ideally OP would buy a freeze dryer and vacuum sealer to create his own MREs, but that's an investment on it's own and of he doesn't regularly hike then there's no point in doing so.

Eat nothing but that for a year and enjoy the scurvy m8. MREs are expensive because they are proper sources of nutrition, not just prepackaged food.

Though they are completely pointless if you live anywhere near a grocery store.

Are they really for preggos

Just hoard some freeze dried stuffs

You can purchase them directly from Sopako, one of the major manufactures. Shipping is gonna be a bitch tho, as they only sell whole boxes.

Get a friend in the reserves. When they go in for their weekend, ask them to grab you a few. Theyll come home with cases because they dont eat them.

if your "MRE" stockpile isnt strictly wolf chili and chef boyardee, go fuck yourself

Attached: nuke it.jpg (467x1024, 99K)

BEANS OR NO BEANS FAGGOT???

i ask myself that question frequently. gun to my head and one choice, i gotta go no beans. pure fat and protein.

Attached: rat burger.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>watching larry the retarded cripple boomer
have some self respect

>and it's real food not MRE's

fuck off, 'real food' is such a fucking meme term especially when you are preaching the superiority of food in cans vs food in retort pouches.It's not like either is fresh.

Attached: 1352591415838.jpg (409x409, 36K)

Literally fucking everything is fortified with enough vitamins to prevent severe deficencies these days. You would actually have to put an effort to get scurvy.

Wolf Chili am good, but Hormel hash and Vienna sausages are necessities too.

What the fuck kind of shit would you settle for MRE's as your emergency ration? Even people that HAVE to eat them chose not to if they have the option. You might as well just hire a person with a taser to stand by and tell you to drink water and eat the MRE or they're going to tell you to stop resisting and beat your ass if you don't. No matter how much anyone hates MRE's they'll cherry pick the fucking shit out of a box and wouldn't ever buy an entire fucking box of that fucking shit if their life depended on it. Even the guy mentioning rice and beans is probably cheaper and would last longer stored right and you could make some badass soup with it and other stuff you find. Just pick the shit you like out of a box and then figure out how to store stuff in bulk and not micro packages intended to get sent somewhere that requires storage and distribution. Jesus fuck just eat a 9mm pill while you're at it if you wanna eat those things for fun.

Non ascended normie detected.

>he doesn't consume nothing but 10 year old plus rations for sustenance.

MREs are actually pretty tasty. Hell my brother for the entirety of basic preferred them over the shit he got at the defac

Your brother is a fucking liar, and they put stuff in the eggs so you can't get a boner.
I eat MRE's so I don't like to complain about them, but you're seriously low balling it using it as anything other than an emergency ration. If you're looking to long term store things especially.

>calls someone a liar and in the same sentence promotes a bullshit urban myth

And no one narc'ed you out? She we always had someone that narc'ed us out and never could figure out who it was to throw and smear dog poop all over thier dorm.

>There’s also a couple big jars of peanut butter,
Warning for idiots: peanut butter consumption in large amounts can cause manganism. A disease that causes progressive neuron death. Thanks nigger who invented peanut butter.

mypatriotsupply.com/ check these guys out.

if it has beans, it's not technically chili.

inb4 chili mac.
(though I'm a picky eater, so I do kinda regret buying a case now, half the menus don't sound good)

if you want something other than American or civi, Steve always gets his from MRE mountain

Effort akin to eating nothing but rice and canned meat for an entire year looks like a good scurvy% speedrun to me.

Modern rice and canned meat is heavily fortified to prevent stuff like that, my man.

MREs are very light and last for 10 years and maintain decent flavor. I've eaten about 100 of them and 90% I'd rate good to excellent. Also, I get mine for $2.50-4.00 per MRE, not sure why so many people claim they are "expensive". 1000 calories for that price is extremely good deal. Even at $7.00 it would be a decent buy if very fresh.

The ones you have puctured there are often stolen and generally sold at small businesses.
They have something in them to make you constipated. Soldiers don't eat them on the daily and they don't want them having stop and shit when they're marching or sitting in the foxhole.
You csn just make your own with tuna pouches, crackers, granola bars etc. That is what /out/ does.

If you want mre advice for backpacking/camping, ask on /out/, not /ck/ nor here.

protip: brown rice