/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Low backpressure edition

Old

Attached: c1c09dc993d08498ec17d14844401e99.jpg (550x550, 53K)

Hello /arg/

Attached: IMG_2990.jpg (2100x1575, 752K)

So is the LaRue can actually nice or just being memed?

>implying any product of mark's isn't nice
You will pay for this heresy

look at that pipe bomb of a suppressor.

cringe.

I really enjoy my MBT from them, and so do all my friends. I just hear from /arg/ how I'm not supposed to like it.

The only people that talk bad about the MBT are retarded or gay.

Are you using the MBT 2 stage or the newly released single stage trigger?

I'm interested in a new sight for my pistol but on a budget otherwise I'd go ACOG. Sig Romeo 5 or Holosun (which model?) I plan on getting a magnifier, too, for extra range when necessary.

The holosun with a QD mount.

Sog, Holosun, PA, and Vortex are all basically the same. Pick whichever you like better based on features, warranty, and looks.

I'd say holosun/sig is a step above poortex in the dot compartment.Only get poortex if you have the stigmatism and need a x1 prism sight or the poortex razer II lpvo.

I've read certain reports of the auto-shut off feature on certain holosuns failing at a certain point and the sight never turns on no matter how violently you shake the rifle.

But they have solar fail safe models and those are extremely interesting. The sight is always on and it works even without a battery installed being powered by a room's ambient light.

What's wrong with eotech? Everyone here shits on them constantly but I've never seen any reason. I've seen 512s for about $400, would an aimpoint pro be that much better for around the same price?

Uhh battery facing the wrong way. Recoil impulse wears down on the spring and they get poor battery contact later in life. Aimpoint does their battery contact in a different way so that doesn't happen despite them both have batteries pointed the same way. If getting eokek get the gangsta sideways battery one.

Attached: 1540764471219.jpg (990x500, 57K)

They have some serious thermal issues. Then they lied about it to the public. Then they lied about it to the military, got caught, and went "oopsie!". They claim the problems are fixed, but there's no guarantee. Since there are now sights with eotech-like reticles, and there are red dots at the same price point that are PROVEN to be more durable, there's not really a reason to get one outside of larping.

The big problem is how they lied about it. But at the same time, everyone lies. So it's kind of a non issue for me because I'm not a huge whiny pussy.
Apart from that they're really fucking big. Like, baseball sized big. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but not by much. My only real concern with them is the size because I can afford a box of batteries every other year. The reticles are nice, but at distance it can be annoying because 1moa is actually really tiny. Apart from that, theyre good to go and I prefer mine over the PRO because
>bluuuuuuuueeeeeee

I am in the market for a new upper. I was going to grab the 16' BCM mcmr elw upper on PA on sale right now but it's sold out. Anyway besides the point, is an mcmr rail going to be sturdy at 13 inches or even 15? Or wouldn't it just bend same as the bendy bill? Also regarding ELW if the back of the barrel is thicker than gov why do people say that their ELW gets hot quick, especially with mcmr? Should I go with QRF for no bend and no heat? Inside it I will have a toolcraft diamond like coating c158 BCG that finally came into stock, either a raptor or a geissele airborne ch maybe? Thanks.

Every time I post it's a new thread lol.

The 2 stage

is there any real difference, that matters, for 3b lasers vs 3a? so we're talking 30 vs 50 mW ir/vis lasers from peqs or a dbal

Could I potentially get in trouble riding around with a stripped lower receiver in my car since that is technically the gun and I don’t have a conceal carry permit?

Kinda silly since it can’t shoot or do damn near anything in that state, but I’ve always wondered

Attached: 2CC864D7-E956-4B48-AE93-F3777619D650.jpg (1000x630, 39K)

This is totally dependent on the state you are in.

My biggest thing is that you can get better for the same price. Besides that the lying, yeah, and the size/weight. Also, I just can't get behind the laser hologram image. It ends up being really grainy for me. And don't parrot the "just look at your target" crap because 1. it doesn't work, you're just ignoring the problem, and 2. you can look past an LED red dot just as easily (actually easier, because you're not looking through a 65 moa ring).

I’m in based PA so I’d hope not. Just bringing it back from my FFL guy to my house with some shopping in between

/arg/ approved mags?

Okay surefeed dry film lube or kys

>better for the same price
Idk man I picked up an EXPS3-0 for $400. in that range the only other options are the bluebois (mro and pro), Get what you want, like what you want I don't care, But i dont have any issues with my eotechs apart from just how god awful obese they are. They make ash look almost normal sized.

Fair enough. Neither of us are going to Iraq with our guns. But I live in Montana, so even just the thermal drift issue, which we only have eotech's word that it's fixed, is a no-go for me.

Gen2 Pmags or GI nothing else or you are a bigger Faggot than A2Grip.

Unless montana likes to go from -10 to 95 in the same day, that's not really an issue. I'm in the midwest, where the weather is horrible, and I've never had my shit lose zero.

Anything but hexy mags and no-name brands.

Attached: 1556328241271.jpg (700x720, 20K)

people seem to shit on pmags pretty hard too sometime. There any reason for that other than them being a meme?

Because this is the internet and people will complain, bitch, and shit on everything.
People here will shit on KAC.

Wish I had more IQ to understand what you are talking about

Contrarians.

Ever gone shooting in the winter? I'd be willing to bet the truck is 80 inside when it's sub-zero outside.
I like my heavy, expensive CPD mags.

Okay surefeed are the best GIs faggot kys

Hey guys. What are some good suppressor substitutes? And by that I mean I have a handguard that is 1 inch longer than my barrel, and I need a muzzle device that will extend far enough. Soon I want a suppressor but for now I just want to shoot the gun. I’ve looked at PWS CQB compensators and also noveske kx5 and kx3 but I want something that I know will be good. Idek if anything like that is used in law enforcement or military.

>Ever gone shooting in the winter? I'd be willing to bet the truck is 80 inside when it's sub-zero outside.
Yea and no. These issues they had are actually quite rare and had they just owned up to it the first time no one would've cared. But since they lied about it, it made it worse and now everyone acts like if you take your rifle out in the winter it will instantly go retarded. When that's just not true. They suffer from the same thermal issues that all optics do, yes even aimpoint. The reason everyone lost their minds over eotech is because they're a bunch of jew liars. But like i said before, everyone lies. I dont give a fuck anymore.

Nigger keep your gay textured mags. I bet you shove them up your Butt.

Rails longer than barrel are purely civilian wank and a dumb flash can like what you are looking at is the best bet

There is literally nothing wrong with hexmags

Then have fun with yours. Like I said, we're not playing in the sandbox, so it doesn't matter that much. Personally, I can find better for less, or at least as much.

Attached: 10FCE35E-E377-4643-B182-516CEC2AC7CF.jpg (725x555, 255K)

Stop being a fucking retard

Attached: image_53c7e49a-b3c7-480b-b13f-855030c2db7d_1024x1024.jpg (1024x907, 105K)

What should I add to this deck here

Attached: 6981BDE8-4C4A-4D80-AF12-70B959E54CCD.jpg (2100x1575, 714K)

How are they any different than the Colt or FN milspec mags and why would i pay 12 for that when i can get Colt factory mags for 10

hes right you know

Attached: IMG_0176Giddyftfy.jpg (4075x2310, 3.92M)

QRF still gets hot.
You only need a 10" rail, because you only need an 11.5" barrel, If you need a longer barrel for longer range shots, then you should be purchasing a Larue rifle.

where are you getting colt mags for that cheap
or FN for that matter.

He isn't

On his knees.

Something to cover that awful virginity pad

hello user

>a2 really shouldn't be throwing around sexually charged insults at anyone.
Poor choice of words fren

Thanks, since I'm pointed in the right direction, I'm looking for a sight with the ACSS (increased accuracy with the magnifier) and solar, but can't seem to find any. Does Holosun not make it or am I super retarded?

With so many BCM rails out there wouldn't there be more reports of bending rails like Geissele? There aren't really except people intentionally running over them to cause deformities so basically don't worry about that stuff. If you're really worried do some minor drop tests when you get the upper and make sure the rails don't make contact with the gas block.

Also the ELW heats up quicker because it is a thinner barrel profile. This means in sustained shooting the groupings will open up more faster than thicker barrel profiles. But on the upside the heat dissipates faster and really you're not going to be mad dumping constantly when you're at the shooting range so don't worry about that stuff either.

Attached: 1567571065576m.jpg (1024x768, 82K)

>Just bringing it back from my FFL guy to my house with some shopping in between
Put it in your trunk fellow PA user. IF you don't have access to it while operating the vehicle you are a-ok. Make sure IF there is any ammo, it is stored in a separate container.

I don't think they do to my knowledge. I have a holosun with the eotek style reticle though + solar panel though if you want more than a dot while having solar.

imagine this much legal CYA for an inoperable piece of aluminum.

>imagine this much legal CYA for an inoperable piece of aluminum.
By definition it is a firearm. Do I think it is bullshit? Yes. Keeping it in the trunk of your car keeps you out of legal trouble, and what the fuck are you going to do with it anyway in the event of trouble? Throw it at someone? A tire-iron would be a better choice in a SHTF incident anyway.

I swear there is 1 holosun red dot and 1 acog that have the acss, and everything else is primary arms.

> Keeping it in the trunk of your car keeps you out of legal trouble
Hence why I said this much legal Cover Your Ass

>and what the fuck are you going to do with it anyway in the event of trouble? Throw it at someone? A tire-iron would be a better choice in a SHTF incident anyway.
Precisely Sherlock. So why the fuck should someone be required to hide it in their trunk to keep the police from getting upset? See the problem I was complaining about now?

Yep

Attached: JewAr.jpg (640x360, 60K)

Attached: 69E2EF5F-5079-4542-99F4-7CCF1B9DAE2B.jpg (722x750, 86K)

ACSS>Red Dot>EO
This is my cry once within my budget build so the ACSS is good coupled with the magnifier for distance, the red dot is less intrusive to my vision imo, whereas the last sight is okay but more than I need. Solar is very nice but if the battery lasts years carrying an extra few isn't worst-case.
Is Poverty Arms worth looking at compared to Holosun?

I still prefer the dumpster memes

Attached: 1514936532361.png (842x458, 545K)

For dots yes

is there any difference between the xps2 and xps3 aside from NV capability? I was under the impression that the xps2 had the really bad thermal shift but that might have been for much older optics?

Almost positive it's just the nv tbing

>Is Poverty Arms worth looking at compared to Holosun?
yus

Worrying about NV capabilities isn't that relevant given how near impossible it is to fit helmet mounted nods behind an optic

Thermal drift is an issue with all Eotechs just more so with older ones.

>the posts that saved me 200 dollars
cool

Objectively the best magazines

Attached: 1567047128567.jpg (700x480, 27K)

Usgi with Magpul follower and SS spring

>Is Poverty Arms worth looking at compared to Holosun?
I hope so. I'm gonna get a PA lpvo for my scout rifle.

Oof

You wanna find me an lvpo that has an illuminated ffp bdc? It's that (the heavy, but durable silver series), a tr25, or a vudu

>So why the fuck should someone be required to hide it in their trunk
Because it is legally a firearm per the definition of the law. If you don't like the law, you have the option to fight to change it, or you can deal with it.

raptor?

FFP means low FoV 99/100 times, which is shit for an lpvo
At distances where you need BDC, you are not going to be hamstrung by being at max magnification, learn the drops from your ammo, through your barrel.
The 'illumimation' on most scopes is garbage, visible at best, not bright

Thanks for the info, also stop 11.5 posting if you're the same guy I discussed with last week or however long ago.
Well I figure the geissele had special attention due to the contract but yes I do agree you'd think it would come out. Also I think the profile is thinner after the gas block but a little thicker behind, could be wrong I guess. Despite the downsides I like the profile better because it makes sense whereas gov doesn't seem sensible to me.

Yeah. And it's the platinum 1-8, not the silver. My mistake.

FFP also means i don't have to dial in to 8x to range or fire on a target. It also means I don't need a dope card that goes to shit whenever my ammo, elevation, temperature, barometric pressure, or shooting angle changes.

Is it worth it?

Attached: fightlite_raider_m-lok_-left_b0a61fee-db25-4c5b-b0d1-6e335a176bd2.png (1963x533, 612K)

For what? Actually using? No.
For a memegun to fuck around with? If you want it buy it.

Attached: IMG_20190905_151922~3.jpg (4032x2276, 2.77M)

I want to do this in .458SOCOM

Wouldn't surefeed mags with magpul L plates and magpul followers be the ultimate mag?

Forgot pic.

Attached: MAG024BLK_00.jpg (555x370, 24K)

I wish I had another acog fml

Attached: 7e1d190f-2b88-48cc-bf64-63c5c6668aa9.jpg (1280x960, 671K)

God dammit I hate this cuck brace.
Why can’t I live in a free state?

Random question, how does on make their A2 grip or A1 grip look 'shiny' like in your pic?

Nice m4 clone. I remember the first time I saw a guy rocking an LPVO with the FSP.

The shiny comes from incidental polishing through actually using it

Always spray your guns with a nice coat of RemOil before picture time. Makes them shine like a new Buffoni upper.

Lots of use? This grip came from a police carbine.

Thanks senpai. It works well imo. I'm fsp gang for life.

Attached: MyJVrV5.jpg (2958x3266, 3.19M)