May Kel Tec never stop keeping the gun market magical

>.22lr
>16 round magazines
>weighs 14 ounces loaded
>comes with a threaded barrel and 3 magazines
>only $200
What gun that would be completely at home in cyberpunk fiction will Kel Tec come out with next?

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/09/06/keltec-p17/

Attached: Kel Tec P17.jpg (1500x828, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hushpuppyproject.com/
academy.com/shop/pdp/federal-premium-byob-22-lr-36-grain-cphp-rimfire-ammunition#repChildCatid=5206322
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/1-TX22141
taurususa.com/TX22Rebate/
recoilweb.com/sig-sauer-quietly-launches-the-p365-sas-pistol-152704.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh boy more guns made out of machine screws and recycled milk jugs.

Keltec is literally the only company innovating and making cool shit
Change my mind

Doesn't make anything they make good.
Ruger should just buy them and use their facilities to come up with prototypes then hand them off to actual designers like going from the p3at to the lcp.

Based nobody asked for it but it’s cool

Explain to me how this gun isn't perfect for sneaky mischief.

I kinda love Kel Tec. They mass produce prototypes, but fucking no one could accuse them of not innovating. Also, the interchangeable frame thing that's all the rage for the sig 320? They did it first, and I have no idea how sig didn't get their asses sued.

It doesn't have the ability to switch between Semi auto and manual/locked action like the modified hushpuppy project guns do hushpuppyproject.com/

It's most likely unreliable bullshit, like most Kel Tec products.

>how sig didn't get their asses sued.
Probably bought George Kellgren enough coke to keep him perpetually wired and churning out new prototypes.

This is something I always thought about but had no idea was a thing.
Thank you user

What part of mass produced prototypes did you not get?
>Kel Tec:tm:: when the cocaine flows, innovating grows
I'm ok with this.

Them make them for a S&W shield model and are next going to do the mod for glocks

>Ruger should just buy them and use their facilities to come up with prototypes then hand them off to actual designers like going from the p3at to the lcp.

Not a bad idea. But I want keltec designs made from wood and stainless, not slightly better polymer.

>jams
>it's only $200!

Attached: q.png (560x620, 1.33M)

I want one

How will FN ever compete?

Attached: 1555415528045.jpg (562x467, 63K)

>everyone saying they jam
>everyone I talk to who owns them says that's rare
>never had one jam on me
I'm open to evidence but it seems like nobody here has fired or owned one.

>.22lr
>16 round magazines
>weighs 14 ounces loaded
>comes with a threaded barrel and 2 magazines
>$230 after rebate

Taurus TX22? I'm like 2K rounds deep in mine, only cleaned it once. It's tits.

Attached: Taurus_TX22.jpg (2700x1800, 761K)

want one in 45ACP and with a 7.5inch barrel
also why does i have the feel that this thread is a bunch of Kel-Tec workers trying to make the brand look good

Attached: 1567472477224.jpg (644x643, 40K)

forgot to edit weight.
>weighs 17.3 ounces

>Taurus
I will never buy another Taurus semiauto ever again. Glad you got a good one, because that is not the norm.

Keltec is the Cloud Atlas of guns.

Not good- but you have to hand it to them for trying some wacky shit.

>t. lel-tec shill

Current year Taurus is unironically improving. New mgmt has unfucked a lot of their shit and they are making guns in the USA now. They have sold a metric fuckton of G2Cs and TX22s. My bro-in-law and nephew both bought TX22s after shooting mine and theirs run great as well.

>also why does i have the feel that this thread is a bunch of Kel-Tec workers trying to make the brand look good
Because you're the type of gun owner who hates fun and only cares about having the most "practical" gun possible?

I knew this would happen. Fuark I wish beretta would make .22 compacts that took quad stack mags

Attached: 44617864_2077877965600194_3776485453981548545.jpg (600x726, 46K)

uhhh nope
how can i be the "pactical gun" guy when i said i want one in 45acp with a 7'5inch barrel

Attached: Zodiac-sketch.jpg (360x451, 50K)

Sure they innovate, but then they only release an extremely limited batch of unreliable unobtanium garbage.

shill begone

>>.22lr
round magazines
>>weighs 14 ounces loaded
>>comes with a threaded barrel and 3 magazines
>>only $200

Change the caliber to .32 ACP, .25 ACP or literally any of the small bore centerfire cartridge (.25 NAA, for example, would be cool), and it has the potential to be an actually interesting gun. As it is, I have no reason to think that it won't be a jam-o-matic toy.

What a surprise, people in the gun hobby doing nothing but repeating shit they heard from some random person without bothering to fact check it. As far as I can tell, kel tec has gotten their shit together in the last 10 years.

Because you're retarded. Is it that hard to believe that in this modern world of nothing but Glocks and AR15s, people get excited about cool new designs?

Sub9 was made with aluminum, not sure why they didn't keep the design as a premium option

Attached: SBW_0261.jpg (400x280, 37K)

I hyped for it. Very ghetto blaster/Saturday night special/Miami vice vibes from it. I appreciate it

Attached: E6354E90-086C-4B66-BC11-9A554A9B7B8D.png (608x578, 231K)

>no threaded barrel
Into the trash it goes

It has a threaded barrel.

Well, where is it then?

In your butt.

Attached: lrn2read.png (1335x433, 849K)

No it isnt I just checked
Anyway it looks like instead of an actually useful 1/2x28 threading they went with the retardo P22 style threading wherein its threaded in a junk thread so you can throw an actually threaded adapter into it.

Which is stupid.

whoa, 3 mags? Fuck I'm in. I didn't need to buy another gun this year user.

When no one really expects anything from you, it gives you the chance to get a bit creative

Pt111 for 2 years here, never had it jam

I should love this gun. Everything from the shorter barrel with a full hand grip aesthetic that I love in smaller guns, to the extremely light weight, to the higher capacity coupled with ammo that generates little recoil that I've gone on about wanting in the past, to using ammo that lets you shoot all day for cheap without needing to reload, to the cost and what you get for that cost should make this something that I'd be rushing out to buy. But I can't bring myself to buy another .22 pistol after the 2012-2016 ammo panic even though it's been over for a few years now. I still love shooting the .22 pistol I have, but buying .22lr always reminds me of those bad times and how dependent you are on other gun owners not being panicky idiots if you want to shoot it.

Attached: 1556512430135.gif (500x281, 766K)

Make it in 9mm, offer a .380 variant, 120$, and you'd revolutionize the American firearms industry.

Pros: Kel-tec concept
Cons: Kel-tec execution

>yeah, just take this 13 ounce fixed barrel straight blowback .22 pistol and build it in 9mm instead
>also sell it for $80 less
How exactly are you expecting this to work?

Attached: 1559352723155.jpg (196x245, 19K)

Don't reply to him he's being a retarded nigger and doesn't deserve the (You)

just hoard ammo lol

They also patented the slide design. Instead of being a monolithic slide like most pistols, its actually several parts screwed together. The front part is just an L shaped plate, this is screwed into the top of the 2 piece bolt.

Get it registered as an agricultural product and get subsidies or some shit I guess.

>When owners show up, it gets very silent
Pros and cons of it?
Have you done any work? Add on's?

I miss the good ol days of 500rd blocks of .22 for less than a case of beer.

4.5c a round isn't terrible though.

academy.com/shop/pdp/federal-premium-byob-22-lr-36-grain-cphp-rimfire-ammunition#repChildCatid=5206322

I remember the first few bulk packs I bought to feed the family .22 was 550 rounds for $5. I miss that.

Your missing the point. There is no need to harsh on a company for settling into a low level market corner. Hi point has the basics and keltec has the quirky basics, both at a competitive price for the cyberpunk future that we are hurtling towards.

You'll still run out unless you really ration it.

I remember .22lr being $.03-$.04 in stores and under $.02 if you bought in bulk online. I completely stopped buying during the panic even when stores did have it at $.07 because I refuse to pay that much for .22lr.

looks better than the kel tec and you can actually find it

>$230 after rebate
Try $170 after rebate.

gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/1-TX22141
taurususa.com/TX22Rebate/

There is NO reason not to get a TX22.

Yes it is the norm. You seem to be suffering from the if-one-is-bad-the-whole-brand-is-shit illness.

>ever again
TX22s are great. So are G2Cs and PT92s. Taurus isn't shit wall to wall, if you ever owned a Taurus in the first place you'd know that.

Hey dummy, .22 caliber barrels are nowhere near large enough in diameter to thread 1/2x28. ALMOST ALL .22 handguns use barrel thread adapters which replace the cap on the end with a threaded shoulder. The P17 is no different, and neither is the P22 you mention. You could have taken 20 extra seconds of web searching to figure that out instead of tripling down.

Attached: tx22 dehumped.jpg (2800x1867, 511K)

>threaded except not really because you gotta pay more to have it threaded
Nah fuck off cunt

>comes with 3 magazines
>won't last much more than 2 magazines
God bless Kel Tec

You don't have to pay extra to get a threaded TX22. It comes with an adapter.

Unlike an SR22 which costs an extra 50 bucks to get the threaded version.

Say what you want, but keltec weapons are featured in a lot of videos and they always seem to do the trick.

Attached: 1566414424261.jpg (499x499, 34K)

i wish they'd stop making every other gun a lemon

Do the new RDBs still go full auto sometimes? Was thinking of getting one but dont want to get kicked out of the range

It literally comes with it.

You could have figured that out with another 8 seconds of googling but wanted to quadruple down I guess.

Some people just want to be retarded fuckwits no matter the cost.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

They don't. Taurus' weirdness is on a per-model basis. PT92s have always been good. G2Cs have always been good. TX22s have always been good. Curve maybe not so much, or the A U T I S T I C, or the 24/7, they've had some problems.

It's not a luck of the draw thing with Taurus if you know which models are good.

>There is NO reason not to get a TX22
Except it's a Taurus

Fuck the Taurus shilling. I'm with you. Taurus sucks dick and should be banished to HUE-land

I’m not shilling for Taurus, I’m shilling for the TX22. Same way I only shill for the GT86 and not Toyota as a whole.

>Yes it is the norm. You seem to be suffering from the if-one-is-bad-the-whole-brand-is-shit illness.
Maybe because every single taurus semi auto is a piece of shit

Daily reminder to fuck off, burt.

>Change the caliber to .32 ACP, .25 ACP or literally any of the small bore centerfire cartridge (.25 NAA, for example, would be cool), and it has the potential to be an actually interesting gun. As it is, I have no reason to think that it won't be a jam-o-matic toy.
They already make a .32 but I get what you mean. I wish it was in .25 so it wouldn't suffer the problems with .22lr as an autoloader. Hell, that's what .25acp was made for and I don't see why its been replaced by .22 again

Just put your thumb behind the slide, it doesn't have enough recoil to push it back.

lot of non-taurus owners talking shit about guns they've never shot

Sig

recoilweb.com/sig-sauer-quietly-launches-the-p365-sas-pistol-152704.html

I bet you’ve never even held one in your hands.

No, fuck off, we don't want them here either.

Hey if you like butt-fucked euro-fag engineered underperforming automatic only shitboxes it stands to reason you'd be inclined to waste your money on south american jam-o-matic potmetal fireworks too.

dipshit

sure have. jammed like a 1911 with wacked springs. go shill for Taurus somewhere else.

I believe you until I see proofs.

I’ll take it over amerishit cars made in Mexico and overpriced euroshitboxes. Post your daily driver and guns, faggot.

GT86 is manual and RWD, bubba.

or, more likely, lot of former taurus owners who decided clearing failures and jams regularly wasn't as fun as actually firing a round successfully, so they did the sensible thing and sold off their poorly manufactured firearms

It's almost like you didn't read my post?

Bullshit.

Thank you

I wish it were easier for new gun buyers to sort these brandshitting trolls out.

>more likely
More likely that people own guns? On Jow Forums? How long have you been here m8?

This is CLASSIC tribalism.
>hurr i hurd a thing on the internet it must be true
>websearch is for faggots

65 ford fairlane and a G29

I'll admit I don't know shit about the gt86 and honestly didn't think it had a 6speed manual option. the more ya know...

no burt, seriously, fuck off

Stop replying and filter me.

fuck off

fuck off back to your shed you grabber fuck

Attached: 1567560151751.jpg (1600x1112, 518K)

Thats a particularly odd reference friend

Attached: 20190906_154321.jpg (4032x2268, 3.46M)

What's innovative and cool about making a deburred version of a production gun with a sight that's been around for years? Is it the fact that it has the problems you would expect from kel tec or taurus but it costs 3x as much?

>Sig took one of their pistols and started selling it with a different style of sight that's been available for Glocks for years
What's innovative about this?

Stop replying and filter me.

>problems you would expect from kel tec or taurus
Sig fixed the P365 over a year ago tho user.

Fuck off grabber

noguns detected

Oh, is that why he stopped posting HGG threads lately? was kinda wondering but my life doesn't exactly revolve around tripfags so i moved on. anybody got a screencap?

Nah, fuck off and filter me

filter me first

Probably because steyr developed it and patented it first

Steyr is current suing sig for the p320

Steyr is suing beretta too

Funny how the suit only happened when SIG was making money on the idea. About 10 years ago when the P250 was around, it had the same thing if I recall correctly, but it sold like shit.

>fiction

Dude we'reliving it, it just fucking sucks.