Russkies create SPA for the Arctic

Russia has a long tradition of naming its Self Propelled Guns according to flower species. This new prototype undergoing trial is named Magnolia.

The platform is based on the DT-30PM amphibious all-terrain tracked carrier and is meant to serve in the swampy regions of Siberia as well as in the Arctic.

It is equipped with a 120mm gun. Said gun has a rate of fire of 10RPM and a range of between 7km and 10km depending on the projectiles used. It can fire HE shells as well as artillery deployable mines. As such a vehicle would be expected to operate with very little logistical support, it can carry up to 80 rounds.

The crew is composed of 4 members. The Magnolia is expected to be able to achieve a top speed of up to 44 km/h on good ground and 5km/h on water.

Russia is currently the only country rolling out a whole range of weapon platforms bespoke made or purposely modified for operations in the Arctic: Tanks, artillery systems, Self propelled AA platforms, helicopters and so on... This means, the Russian military presence in the arctic is increasingly heavy and mechanised.

Attached: Magnolia_new_Russian_120mm_artillery_system_based_on_articulated_tracked_vehicle_925_001.jpg (925x575, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw&t=6
youtube.com/watch?v=g78RuF-5jPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Arctic Circle must be freed from the Russian menace.

fpbp

IMPRESSIVE

Good to see them having an active role in the Artic instead of the usual, cucked-out reactive role. Russia will be the last White bastion standing and they will need all the resources they can get, the Artic is the place to achieve this.

Cringe

This is a certified cringe post

Arctic? The Artic is an ocean, there's basically no land north of Russia until we're moving south again and run into Canada. But invading Canada would probably be pretty MAD. So this thing would be for Siberia it seems. And that means it's for Pooh bear, there isn't really anyone else around to push into Siberia after all.
For the Arctic Putin's probably gonna need some carriers. Fitting that in the budget will be "a challenge".

>muh resources

Siberia has plenty of resources. It's worthless if they can't be tapped because it's too cancer-causing/life-expectancy-shortening/just plain cold for impoverished Russian companies to hire workers that are both affordable and competent.

"Organic market processes" ever heard of it? When the easy-to-get resources start to deplete it will be profitable to get the hard-to-get ones.

They have Arctic bases inside the Arctic circle to safeguard the Northern Sea Route. They already have air defense setup there and are building armed icebreakers to defend oil convoys in case military support is needed, like sinking Greenpeace targets.

No, it won't, because the initial capital and labor overhead will be prohibitively higher. Stop pretending highschool tier macro applies to real world niche markets.

>just plain cold
Global warming. In 2050s Arctic ice will be melted, Tundra's permanent frost will be gone, Siberia will have a paradise climate.

based

>no habla espagnol
try to clean up your southern states first, mutt.

I didn't know the "A" in AIDS stood for "Arctic"

butthurt muttoid
lol you are half nigger

You wish, Ivan
>t. a kike of russian descent

so just a jew, jew cannot be anything but a jew

I fail to see how this assertion is going to cure your AIDS.

>And why do the moronic slavs bitch about us?
youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw&t=6

I don't see those words in any of my posts. Are you here to argue or hallucinate?

I'm a fellow tribe member agreeing with you, dingus
>I was mocking ethnic russians for bitching

the russian military always has the best amenities.

youtube.com/watch?v=g78RuF-5jPk

/thread

NONA turret. NONA is cutest artillery

Attached: Nona_Tigr.jpg (640x407, 45K)