How uncomfortable is concealed carry with a full size vs a compact?

How uncomfortable is concealed carry with a full size vs a compact?

Attached: glock.jpg (1200x900, 540K)

If you live somewhere colder or you don't mind partial OC it's not bad. You're not going to be tucking that long boi into your pants. I CC a Beretta M92FS with a fat compensator on it as well as 21 round mags for it. Carry it in a shoulder holster.

Don't bother though if money isn't an issue. Just get something compact. Full size is fine for OC though

Appendix carry is the only real option for a large frame. Sitting in the car is sort of uncomfortable, but when you're out walking around it's not uncomfortable at all...

I should clarify, I mean it's the only real option for year-round weather conditions.

In the winter, you can conceal a lot with thick clothing, but during the summer you don't have that luxury. You can appendix carry in the summer while wearing board shorts without having to worry about imprinting.

Its not an issue at all if you are above 6 feet tall.

Attached: G3TYOpt.jpg (915x678, 222K)

Just above current manlet status. Still CC a full sized 1911 and big ass knife with ease. Quit being a pussy

6ft, 190lbs, runner's build here

I don't see how carrying a full-size in a warm/hot climate is really viable. It's going to suck bending over getting in and out of cars, etc. Carrying appendix means it's going to be pointing at your dick half the time it seems every time you bend over. Standing around it's fine but I feel like a full-size would be in the way anytime it's not in a 4 o'clock IWB position, which is probably the only place I'd carry one.

Compact just seems like a better option for carry in pretty much any situation unless you can get away with OWB with a coat.

>big ass knife
Quit being a beta faggot.

Attached: sword-art-knives.png (600x780, 151K)

I CC a full size 1911 sometimes, AIWB.

It's only uncomfortable if you're a fat

>he isnt innawoods enough to justify having a big knife on the daily
Kek

Nah, if you're fat and appendix carry, you need to carry at the 300th parallel

I CC a Glock 20. Stop being faggots.

Attached: DSCF0576.jpg (1600x1200, 609K)

>CC a S&W 442 in a bellyband
>wear basketball shorts and t shirts err-where because it's Louisiana
I feel bad for you people that don't want to buy a CC-specific firearm.

This is complicated question.
I have much experience.

The biggest factor in comfort of conceal carry is thickness of the slide. Second is length of the handle. Third is length of the barrel. Fourth is weight. Unless you are jogging or something in which case weight is the most important.

Handle length will cause the most "printing", betraying the fact that you carrying a gun. It will also tear up your shirts and car seats. If it digs into the car seats while you are driving, seats will only last a few months. Barrel length only becomes an issue at 5" or longer. It can "print" as well. An excessively long barrel like in your picture can get in the way sitting but it's not of major concern.

I carry a Glock 20 and find it comfortable in the winter but I am careful with car seats. A 1911, being thinner, is much more comfortable but the barrel length can make it look like I have some weird extra hip bone sticking out sometimes.

A gun the size of a Glock 19 is great for conceal carry.

I will also mention muzzle thickness is huge. A Browning Hi-Power or CZ-75 will be many times more comfortable than a Steyr pistol because they have a tapered slide versus the thicker one on the Steyr.

6'2
I tried to CC a full size sig 220 in appendix.
You can do it. It's just not very fun.
Sitting sucks. Bending sucks. Anything but walking around sucks. And doing that for long enough will start to suck.

Eventually it becomes a burden. You stop taking it places because you're not going that far or won't be there that long or it's not a bad/crowded area.
You also can't pull off light clothing like just a slim fit t shirt. I swung it in the summer with an untucked button down a few times.

I bit the bullet and got a p365. It conceals under anything. I can sit and drive comfortably. Bend down to pick something up or tie a shoe no problem.

When I first got my 220 it was my first pistol and didn't seem that big. But now when I handle it next to my 365 it feels almost clownishly large.

There's something to be said for a CC gun that you just forget you even have on. The CZ-75 is a 15 round 9mm that's fantastically comfortable. Any bigger and you do have some sacrifice to comfort. Picture related, the full length frame rail ones are not anywhere near as comfortable though. A gun like your 365, is a gun that you have to check occasionally to see if it's there because you can't remember if you put it on or not.

Attached: gb-cz75b91102-2_3.jpg (733x550, 41K)

I carry a glock 40, its hard

Not uncomfortable at all.

You're a straight up pussy. I carry a Glock 17 and barely even notice it's there.

This. I carried a full size 1911 for a year because I didn't have a dedicated carry gun yet. While I was able to do it, I had to be careful about what I wore, how I bent down, (very carefully) how I sat, and how I moved every time I went out. The grip just sticks out too far , and the length of it limits your range of motion.

IMO there is zero need to carry a full size gun when firearms like the Glock 26 exist. Pic related, I'm not really a big guy but the 26 mostly disappears even with a slim fitted shirt, and carrying a spare 15 round magazine is quite easy.

Attached: my cc.jpg (1536x2048, 453K)

time for some fork putdowns and table pushaways tubby

You’re a pussy. Full sized handguns carry fine. I have a 26 and 9 times out of 10 I put the 17 on my belt. Love it.

Attached: 47356891-FE37-4181-AAE4-27DD653DF69C.jpg (3088x2316, 2.2M)

bruh what

Try it with a shirt that actually fits.

>that is tubby

shut up lanklet

@42561252
@42561254

Lol. I conceal that with shorts and a T-shirt daily. Nice try though.

pant's dont matter. T-shirt doesn't imply that it fits either. Your polo you posted looks like its at least an entire size too large.

I’m sitting down you mouth breather. I have a large shirt on and I’m 6’2 190. If anything most of my shirts are too tight.

not an issue to carry full size if you don't wear skinny jeans, have a decent belt and have somewhat baggy clothing while carrying it appendix, a holster with a claw is a must. Foam attachment for the muzzle end of the holster helps too in pushing the gun towards your body and for comfort. Plaid and other normal types of patterns will completely break up the pattern. Car is meh, but it's not an issue for me. I carry a G17 and my buddy carries a CZ SP01. I'm 5'8" if you think height has much to do with it.

If you're not wearing a skin tight MMA shirt, is it really the right size? lmao

grownups are talking about carrying guns to smoke people sweetheart, not some faggot fraternity house get together.

>pic related
>it's you

Attached: you.jpg (386x400, 34K)

Why is your stomach so untoned?

Just get a Glock 19 and carry a 17 mag as your spare. That’s 33rds in a very shootable and pretty concealable package assuming you’re not wearing skinny jeans and skin tight shirts.

>untoned
no such thing, marketing for fitness equipment. there's fat and there's muscle, he's fat. there's muscle under there but he needs fork putdowns and table pushaways for it to be visible

Holy shit change your tampon before you go into shock

You disgust me you fat fuck. Lose some pounds before that gut gets any worse.

>oh no what will suzy think of my outfit
>what if we wore the same dress
>does this make my ass look big?
fuckoff back to /fa/

Lol these people calling him fat wait till you're over 30. And he's already in the bottom 10th percentile of BMI in burgerstan if not lower even if you exclude non whites

I think that this particular guy in the photo has a stalker or something. Only junior high boys and homos would think that’s fat.

I've went through maybe 20 carry guns in the last 8 years. 1911s, every 9mm glock .380 icluded, p938, lcr...
What I've found is that carry comfort is extremely subjective. You just have to experiment with guns and holsters til you find a good balance. Full size pistols are easy to conceal but a PITA to tote around all day.
I will say however that appendix carry is objectively superior to any other form of carry though but won't work for fatties.

*yawn* get a good holster and belt. carry whatever you want

I'm late to the thread, but this. Neurotic r*dditors have a weird CCW fantasy where you need to be bundled the fuck up in cargo pants and a $50 "tactical" belt and a humongous holster to carry anything. I fucking CC a Beretta 92FS with a 20 round clipazine with an Uncle Mike's holster in lounge shorts with flamingos on them in packed crowded areas in the dead of summer.

Appendix carry and board/running/lounge shorts is GOAT

cool larp bro

I've got a somewhat average middle age gut and appendix carry doesn't work at all. The problem is sitting. Honestly, how does the barrel sticking down not get in the way of you sitting down?

For me, it's a single clip traditionally generic IWB holster, slightly forward canted and carry just front of perfect 3 o'clock. It's too far to the side to call appendix and the barrel goes off to the outside of the thigh when you sit. I've never seen anyone with exactly this description but it's close enough to 3 o'clock to call it that I guess.

Anyway, I'm agreeing with you. Appendix doesn't work for fatties.

appendix is just a meme. it'll be gone like SOB in a year

Appendix has been a thing for years now, it's fairly common.

shoot your dick off if you want, I guess

A holster with a claw is not a must. I had 4 hybrid holsters snap at the kydex trigger guard because the claw created a pinch point and put too much tension on the holster. After removing all claw attachments I haven't had a problem snapping kydex on hybrid holsters.

Appendix has been a carry position since pistols were a thing, it just wasn't named that. Read a book.

Carry a p238 in my pocket with a pocket holster. Literally doesn't profile at all and I don't have to worry about it getting snagged on shit trying to draw it. Plus if I think shit might get bad I can just put my hands in my pockets and be ready without it being a giveaway.

5'10" here
Works well enough for me

This. I'm block 19 now, did a M&P9 down to the shield and the 19 is juuuuust right.

You guys are all faggots. If you work outdoors bending over and moving heavy stuff a lot (especially in public places or private residences/ businesses,) or in a shop setting where you will be exposed to sawdust or metal flakes anything but pocket carry or appendix is a shit idea.

This

>t. 6'6''

This. I carry a Makarov appendix and forget it's there sometimes, I can't imagine how easy a 365 would be.

>he doesn't carry in a holster that completely covers the trigger guard
>he doesn't carry condition one
>his dick is big enough for it to matter

If you can't hit anything with the first 11 to 13 rounds you're gonna miss with the last 5-7 as well. Just get a compact and stop being an autist. P365 is best cc gun.

Attached: siggie.jpg (765x600, 44K)

Are you saying it hasn't been a thing for years?

Depends on how long you are carrying it, the kind of holster you're using, where you are carrying it, and what you're doing while ccing.

That being said the smaller and lighter your carry piece is, the more comfy it will be (if you get a holster that works for you)

>pic semi related, my mood/itinerary dictate what I go about my bussiness with

Attached: 20181004_205822.jpg (2560x1440, 1.28M)

Look at this faggot
You don't NEED more than 3 shots, pussy

Purple holster with the Sig, what is it please & thank you.

I carry a lcp with the 7 round mag. Fits in my pocket. Often times I will just wear a tank top and running shorts (with my camo crocs). I carry it everywhere 24/7. lmaoing at these glock 17 fags wearing polos and aiming at their dicks all day.

Attached: 1534015845520.jpg (847x801, 138K)