Why don't they make a pistol caliber carbine in .50AE?

Why don't they make a pistol caliber carbine in .50AE?

Attached: 50_AE_and_32_ACP.jpg (322x361, 14K)

They do make AR pattern PCCs in .50AE but they're stupid expensive and just a meme. .223 is better.

that's actually a really good question. If you are going to makes something as big as a carbine, shoot some thing big. I never understood why bother will something as small as a 9mm

500 automax

This.
A bullpup .300 BLK with an integral suppressor would be pretty much ideal for a carbine.
If you want to go loud and hit far and hard then you're talking about a rifle. Period.

Because very few people would buy it.

Everyone with a deagle would buy one and people apparently own those since they exist

Its because 9mm is cheap and light, same with .45 acp. If you want power out of a rifle then just use a proper rifle round instead of an expensive meme boolet. 7.62x51mm is twice as powerful, half the cost, and a 30 round 7.62x51 mag would be much shorter than a .50ae mag. Its like getting an AR in 10mm instead of 5.56, its retarded. If I had to choose a carbine in .50 AE I think it would only be good for massive subsonics.

Attached: 67226702_2662891913937940_7470843771689631744_n.jpg (960x640, 191K)

>If I had to choose a carbine in .50 AE I think it would only be good for massive subsonics.
Right. The point of such a massive round is to perform at subsonic speeds.

But wait!
Why use a pistol round for subsonics?
Why not use .300 BLK for that and then, if the situation warrants, simply change mags and then get actual rifle performance on demand?

The dream for this:
Why bullpup? Because urban combat. Clearing rooms, close spaces, constantly getting in and out of vehicles.
Why .300 BLK? Because, as I said above, you can do subsonic suppressed and supersonic in the same weapon with a simple mag change (if the gas system in this magical hypothetical weapon is set up right).
Why an integral suppressor? Well, it doesn't actually have to be integral, but the suppressor is there to give away your position less, be less distracting/disorienting when shooting bad guys indoors, and did I mention to not give away your position (i.e. when shooting bad guys from a window into the street)

But, user, why not carry a big rifle so you can shoot far and hard?
Because that's what bombs and shells are for and they shoot way farther and hit way harder than your .308, .30-06, lapua, .50 ego compensator. Also because in urban combat (where modern combat occurs) the targets are down the block, not on the next hill a mile away.

Can any actual military fags tell me where my logic is wrong?

ayo holup so u be sayin without modding a .300blk you can use subs and AP ammo?

50beowulf

>Everyone with a deagle
So, Matt Carriker and nobody else?

No idea. I know several years ago there was a company called either Towner Mfg. or Predator Tactical that was making a 500 S&W pump rifle.

Sweet concept. I think they ended up making less than 50 of em before going defunct.

Attached: Towner 500 (Predator Tactical 500).jpg (960x960, 53K)

Carbines exist, normally as conversions for AR's. A lever action is about as close as you're getting, but when you reach the point of sticking it in a carbine there are better choices. If you want a .50 carbine the Beowulf round exists.

Might as well just shoot Saiga 12 with slugs, much cheaper too.

>Everyone with a deagle would buy one
That's not very many people user.

>Why don't they make a pistol caliber carbine in .50AE?
Because there's no point, other than for fun.

If you're shooting unarmored targets then stuff like 9, 40, 10mm, and 45 do the job perfectly well, give you more ammo capacity, weigh less, and with less recoil and muzzle blast.

If you're shooting armored targets then you need a real rifle round because .50 AE doesn't cut it.

They did
No one wanted it at the time

Attached: A52A2135-4E19-4586-A421-D9FED084799B.jpg (700x525, 71K)

You can always Bubba up a Carbine if you want

Attached: 438C734B-3EB5-4425-8237-AA89464FE210.jpg (550x267, 19K)

Has the "Police Only" Deagle Carbine been posted?

And if you are gunna do all that, y not just get a 458 Socom or 50Beo AR that dabs all over 50AE anyway?

I reckon he's talking swapping between .300 and 5.56. Same barrel, all just dependent on the gas system

For the same reason why everybody uses short rifle-caliber carbines over PCCs. However, I do remember someone here noticing that .50 AE has the same energy as 7.62x39 at short distances. If somebody tried making a PCC or SMG with it back then it might have worked.