Dyeing Camo

Experimented with some UCP to produce a night camo. What do you guys think?

Attached: 9A8A5717-8F6F-48C4-9B51-8CAFE8DAF278.jpg (1124x1123, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8bTgG2Ft4xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9WckhOUMfHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Edgy/10

Attached: D7B9AA1F-70BA-403C-A3D9-905E452E7D19.jpg (1132x2291, 592K)

What was your method?

I did some a few years ago. Turned out great.

Attached: 146872655463.jpg (3264x2448, 2.56M)

Aside from looking like all of the pens blew up in your pocket at once, I don't hate it. It actually seems like it might work decent in real world night time ops.

You created what every 11 year old airsofter thinks of when given a set of UCPs. Black is as shit a camo during the night as it is during the day.

Boiled Water in a large pot, added half a cup of white vinegar, half a cup of iodized salt, a bottle of Rit Charcoal grey dye and placed the clothes in the pot for an hour, agitating every 15 minutes.

Goodwill sells UCP very cheap around this time of year for Halloween, and I'm trying some emerald rit dye on some UCP pants.

That looks good. I tried a green as well but didn’t exactly get the color I wanted.

Attached: DC29C36E-2ED8-4582-9744-C226450A553E.jpg (920x2437, 549K)

Nice man. It looks pretty good and I'd use it. I threw all my UCP away when I got multicam and regret it now

Did you get dye on your hands too? The Dollar tree has rubber gloves for only a buck.

Fuck me I didn’t realize you are black OP, my bad. It doesn’t look bad to be honest. If you are wanting something to wear at night, why not just wear full black though?

Cool I hate it. Reminds me of when anons dyed ucp a darker green.

It looks like a reskin of clothing you'd find in New Vegas.

I was under the impression that solid patterns, even at night will not break up the human shape. This might work well to hide the user from night vision as well.

Reskins aren’t so bad. Like the darker ucp. Idk how effective it would be in legit testing, but the look is much better than the base colors

How did you do the dyeing process? I want to try it but I'm not sure how to.

I like it user!

Telling him to shop at dollar tree because he's black, for shame user we're better than that around these parts

You got some dye on your hands on accident bro.

Not enough contrast to work. Effective camouflage requires contrast in the pattern. If the colors are too similar they will blend at small distance and you will not benefit anymore than someone in a single color.

he’s not black, he’s dyed

I've heard of guys making legitimate "coffee stain" camo by pouring coffee over their UCP to stain it more brownish in Afghanistan.
Has anyone here tried this?

How does it perform under infrared?

I suspect you didn't think about this, and your camo is useless.

I actually just mentioned IR a few comments up baby nuts.

The pattern would likely work like the other digital patterns seen in this photo.

Attached: CC3D7198-23BF-4430-938D-930EFE630226.jpg (2048x1151, 341K)

I'm really into the idea of dying UCP, keep it up anons.

I tried this with flecktarn and it didn't really darken it as much as I wanted

I have enormous nuts

>why not just wear full black
Soild black is too dark, it stands out in all but the deepest shadows. Even a quarter moon gives enough light that solid black is very obvious.

It's probably not bad in urban areas since
1. There's high contrast between lit and unlit areas, so if you stay in unlit areas you're unlikely to be seen by people in lit areas.
2. Solid black is less conspicuous in a city than head-to-toe camouflage.

Attached: moonlit.jpg (474x266, 10K)

You gonna start robbing houses in this camo? Actually a good idea.

It sounds like one of those things that someone did by accident and got blow out of proportion. UCP for me and everyone I've been around got dirty enough after about a day to be efficient. That depends entirely on what you do in country though

You know you can get the old Graf opfor black fatigues, right?

Is multicam black a meme camo?

Attached: 774b3e41b99d00217d30c84e362b1a9f--tactical-equipment-tactical-gear.jpg (564x402, 48K)

Yeah but it looks cool as shit

Is it practical? Thinking about copping some as my first purchased pair of camo

Attached: 1336666.jpg (720x960, 177K)

>nigger goes about his usual house night robbing buisness
>but ain't gonna be another dindu nuffin on tv because he has night ucp ™
there's money to be made user

I've thought about doing this in orange for a "Mars Pattern".
Don't know how orange dye would interact with existing color though.

No, as said before most shades of black are too dark and stand out in the dark. Police/SWAT wear black more for the intimidation factor

UCP already works great for night, that's what it was designed for.

youtube.com/watch?v=8bTgG2Ft4xQ

dyed a ucp with synthetic green ritdye to make it actually work in the woods

Attached: 2019-08-11 22.06.50.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

HAHAHAHAHA FUCKN KEKED

Big fucking kek. Holy fuck

Gg user

Attached: 1566637654614.gif (300x204, 2.34M)

Looks good, bro, also, check out this video from Brent, I think his friend has a video too about how he did it, maybe you'll get the shade of green you wanted...
youtube.com/watch?v=9WckhOUMfHk

Try with a 3CD coat, maybe it'll look sick as fuck in gray

Attached: sg_fashion_snap_m0144-00b.jpg (1000x1500, 304K)

>black at night
ngmi

Damn I didnt expect that UC4CES to work that well.

Fucking velcro pajamas that look like shit, feel like shit, with pockets that wear out like shit. Fucking an entire generation who was issued shit weapons, shit uniforms, shit gear. The fuck.

>crye black on a budget
How much did you save, user?

Just go buck naked

kek

Attached: jazzstops.jpg (540x720, 53K)

Plenty. This only came out to approximately $8.50

The reason UCP was chosen was because it was THE best performing pattern and color for night vision and stuff, and US military strongly favors night time offensive ops when its our option. It wasnt a shit camo with regards to that spectrum, but its not like the taliban were rocking night vision often

Actually really coo-
Oh.

m8, doesn't your character class already have a 100% stealth bonus at night?

All camos work amazing in their best possible conditions. A good camo is versatile, and the ideal camo is having multiple sets of different camos for different situations.

Attached: 1567661061208.jpg (682x600, 225K)

You do realise that if you want to blend in with something and your uniform works at day it will also work at night. You want the reflect the same amount of light as your surroundings. A black jacket dosent do that.

Try the apple green. Much better. The emerald was too blue imho.

Practical? No, probably not. Cool looking? Absolutely. You look like Shadow Company, and who doesn't want to look like Shadow Company?

That actually looks pretty good, OP.

Attached: M8wd1wr.jpg (1219x2000, 841K)

It looks different without the camera flash.

You don't know what you're talking about.

I've been trying to dye a 100% nylon bomber jacket black using RIT dye more. So far I've used four bottles two different times and the jacket has gone from dark green to slightly darker green. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I have more experience dying cotton than nylon. The tags of the jacket got a nice deep black, but the jacket itself remains nearly unchanged. I have been lining my utility sink in tinfoil, then presoaking the jacket. I bring two big pots to a near boil, then add the dye and dish soap, then pour the hot mixture into the sink and stir. After about 15 minutes I add another pot of near boiling water. I have no pot large enough to do the stove top method as the jacket is pretty large. Any help?

Attached: jacket.jpg (400x265, 13K)

Left was an attempt at hunter orange, didn't work very well. Next is chocolate, then peacock green, then OG ucp.

Attached: OrangeBrownGreenOg.jpg (4032x1960, 3.9M)

Salt vinegar and a dash of dish soap?

nice setup

looks dope

the reason it was chosen was insider trading by the CSM who chose it. that fucker got rich as hell.

Custom dyed camo, you say?

Attached: Stabbystabby.jpg (1077x1353, 1.45M)

Your problem is likely either
>A) you need to use the rit dye made exclusively for synthetic fabric
Or
>B) you need to try a different shade of green or a mixture of green and a brown or another color to help darken it
RIT Dyes website has a fantastic color mixing tool to get to shade you want

Looks pretty decent, good job.

>I actually just mentioned IR
no you didn't, stupid nigger. All you did was make your camo useless. Plants aren't black at night, they're green.

Fucking kek'd

Attached: 1543873278034.gif (300x200, 903K)

Looks oddly reminiscent of Kryptek. That can either be a positive or a negative, depending on how you feel about Kryptek.

Attached: 81zr74Su6rL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 287K)

Attached: Dyed USAF Tigerstripe.jpg (2000x1011, 1.61M)

Looks pretty gay, bad job.

Seems good OP, but could be just a smock because muh logistics.
Holy crap, the gooks actually adopted the Coke Jew AK

anyone dyed any 6 color desert?

looks good. Nice results. Thats a cool project.

Solid work my man.

You fuckers always gotta grab the low-hanging fruit?

Fuck.

Reminder that UCP was supposedly designed to defeat night vision and that was literally the only redeeming value of UCP. By dying it black, you've actually gotten rid of the one aspect of UCP that was actually good. That being said, I've always been skeptical about claims that UCP defeats night vision, it always seemed like a weird explanation for why the camo is so spectacularly bad.

No, but I dyed some 3 color with Rit Pearl Grey.

Attached: 2B884F27-3E64-4D09-A56E-1B48DE1A49A8.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

nice job. doesn't UCP have IR reflective flakes or something on it though? or did they stop making that when they cased the colors in Iraq?

anyway it came out well. always wanted to do this but I threw away most of my ACUs while ETSing (I wasn't given a choice).

If I did it again I’d go a little darker.

lel

Attached: lele.jpg (471x432, 60K)

Night Camo was about the only thing UCP was good for, retard

Congratulations on making yourself a thousand times more visible. Things that are the same color as their surroundings will be the same color as their surroundings regardless of light conditions. Great "night camo" retard.

>that green
would wear that in the pines in summer

It's actually been shown that lighter camos perform better during the night because they are less prone to blobbing out in low-light conditions. That camo you made is going to appear as solid black in low-light conditions, which completely negates the disruptive effect that camouflage is supposed to have. That being said, UCP is infamous for blobbing even under the best of conditions, even in broad daylight, and even at short distances. Your camo is still probably better than baseline UCP.

I think it looks super cool, like something out of a movie. IDK how pactical it is but for cosplay or fun at the range it will look great.

> be left handed
> buy fancy AK with sole real benefit being easy charging for right handed people
y

Attached: B9EB8F67-B3A0-42D9-BD58-0BE2A0052D77.png (400x434, 90K)

It's nylon, use vinegar

Attached: 1561457405113.gif (314x292, 1.1M)