Buying Suggestion Thread

Hey Jow Forums,

Got 3K to blow on a new fun. Thinking about getting an AUG or a KAC SR-15 11.3 but open to suggestions.

Current collections:
DD MK18 10.3"
PS90
MP5 & MP5K

>pic related
The KAC SR15 from Kelly Enterprises

Attached: sniffy-eye-pics-003-pp.jpg (1024x576, 156K)

Buy $3000 worth of Anderson lowers and wait for 2020

Buy 3k worth of lowers, parts kits, irons, magazines, and ammunition. Shipping will cut into this but it should get you 5 budget rifles ready to go with plentiful ammo for them.

But then I'll get laughed at for not being Gucci enough.

>Not Gucci enough
>Quadrupling your money
What now?

So that's a no on a tiger stripe Deagle?

Get one of these things. I plan on getting one before the years out. Its like a scar but not made by those gross waffle niggers.

Attached: apirp9lgt__62768.1519674340.1280.1280 (1).jpg (1280x340, 63K)

If I'm getting .308 then I'll get the SCAR. No love for the KAC SR15?

That KAC SR15 is pretty sweet. An AK would be a good addition to your collection. I would get an AK before an AUG, but I'm not sure about an AK over the SR15.

I was thinking about the 11.3" version. Any opinions on it?

Are you getting the pistol version? If so, don't get it if you don't plan on making it into an SBR.

Why would I want an SBR? Pistol is fine for me.

>fun

Attached: 2945.gif (290x200, 1.37M)

buy an AKM
mags
and fuck tonnes of ammo.

AK's are wayyyyy more fun. just my opinion.

I want to not add another caliber to the collection just yet. Happy with 5.56

Top is my SR-15. Between the rifle, Aimpoint CompM4s, SOCOM muzzle break, and Surefire light and pad, I'm somewhere between $3k-$3.5k into it. Its a great gun, the way its set up is like shooting a 22. I would agree with though, I enjoy shooting my AK's way more. If I had to choose 1 rifle to leave the house with in a SHTF situation though, it would be the SR-15.

Attached: IMG_2421.jpg (2821x2741, 2.11M)

>3000$
>for a 2.5 moa ar-15

you need a decent 16 inch AR before you get anything else. Might I recommend BCM? With the rest of the money you can get an optic and a light and a bunch of mags, and then buy a few lowers and ammo too. Proliferation is victory

BCM? Which model in particular?

2.5 MOA with shit anmo. Anyway, it’s not made to be a competition rifle, it’s designed to be extremely reliable in combat situations

Dont let them talk you into a 14.5 with welded on comp. Shits over gassed. The absolute best AR15 is 16" midlength. Now you should get a enhanced light weight barrel. But the 16" has almost the same velocity as a 20". With a collapsible stock. And shorter barrel. With good ammo, you will be over 3000ft per second. And with 55grain ammo. You can punch through level3 steel plates.
Dont fall for the pistol AR meme. Velocity is everything with the 5.56/.223
You want a pistol AR? Get a .300blkout or .308w. Or a 7.62x39 draco.

why this one over the 50+ other piston uppers?

Aero M4E1 Enhanced or BCM CFH M4 with post?

So the 11.3" SR-15 is no good? I dont want .300 memeout

Is the SCAR no good?

Thinking of getting a BRN-180 upper for modernized IRA LARP, anybody use them before?

AUG is awesome. My favorite compact semi-auto without venturing into SBR territory.
If you get one get a TRIGGER TAMER.
Mine breaks at about 4.5 pounds.

Attached: IMG_4116.jpg (2500x1404, 1.53M)

It’s an 11.5 actually, and let me offer a rebuttal to that guy.
5.56 makes sense to me only as a sbr round. If you’re going 16” then you might as well get an AR-10/SR-25 chambered in .308 or 6.5 creedmoor.
The reason is that 5.56 dominates pretty much every pistol caliber out of a short barrel. Yes it may struggle to hit lethally beyond 300 yds but I would argue that you will have a much easier time with .308 if you plan to start hitting things around 500-1000 yds. Even a 11.5 can hit up to 500 and still be lethal, but thats not what an sbr is for.

I went to LGS and they didnt have what I was looking for. Almost bought the SCAR 17 but they didnt have FDE. Some bro met me after talking in store and offered his for $2,500 cash with upgraded trigger and 500 rounds. Good deal?

I want a bolt action in .223 with box mags and irons. Any recommendations?

I think its a very good deal, if true

Going down rn. Meeting back up again tomorrow hopefully.

So $2,500 is a good price for a used SCAR?

Yeah

Honestly, I like the sr 15 11.5 but the 14.5 or 16 is truly where that E3 bolt and tuned gas system shines

They’re talking about the sr15

17? Ok price. 16? Might as well buy new.

Get the AUG A3 with a 505mm Barrel and Corvus Defensio Upgrade Kit.

t. an ordinary 30yo Austrian

Attached: 1538272677143.jpg (211x239, 21K)

How does the Trijicon's BDC reticle do with the AUG? Is it true?

Got told that the different bore/scope axis distance would have an impact when shooting at far range targets.

If you already have the DD, the KAC will just be redundant. You'd probably get bored of one of them eventually. Between those two and considering your current guns, I'd get the AUG.

Outside that, maybe a .308 BR/DMR setup? You seem to have plenty of close quarters stuff, maybe branch out in a SCAR or some other AR10 derivative?