SigSauer P320 (MP17) vs Beretta 92FS (M9)

anyone on Jow Forums thats been in the US Army long enough during the transition from the M9 to the MP17?

if so, what was it like shooting something you were trained to shoot and take care of before moving off over to another platform altogether.

and anyone in the private sector, hows does the 92FS compare to the P320?

Attached: images.jpg (480x360, 15K)

While I've never been in the military nor have I ever held either if these two pistols, I will come out of the gate quickly and tell you that the cz75b is hands down the best pistol ever conceived by man.

Put your trip on, Shiro

>rollpins in the slide
Nah man, nah.

Attached: file.png (1920x1435, 1.33M)

Having fired both, I personally prefer the DA/SA of the M9.

Inb4 grips too big

I’ve never shot the MP17 but I do have an M9. Best feeling handgun I’ve ever used, just feels smooth. Only thing is getting used to the first shot double action trigger.

Probably the same way I carried an M9 for four years and bought a completely different firearm when I got out.
>I do miss the laughably easy field stripping though

Can you tell us why you didn’t like the M9

Can’t comment on the p320
But my 92fs has jammed on a shell once in about 4500 rounds, all types of loads

>people are suprised when people like the way an all metal frame handgun shoots compared to a onions poly 9

I've had two broken trigger reset springs at the range, the pointability isn't as good (for me) as a SIG or CZ, I prefer cocked and locked or striker-fired, and my grip keeps the slide lock from working all. the. time.

Not military here, but I rented both the M92fs and the 320 a few years ago. I felt the 320 was far more ergonomic, and the way the sights were set up made it easier to shoot smaller groups. I was a little dissapointed in the M92's single action, and while it was not too heavy, it wasnt very smooth. Of course, the Beretta probably had several thousand more rounds through it than the Sig. I can only talk about shootability, and not reliability,though, as I only fired 100 rounds out of each. Both seemed like perfectly suitable firearms for the task.

Slide lock doesn't matter in the slightest.

Keep in mind I was 15 at the time, and the 320 had JUST come out. It was pretty much brand new.

Have you never shot more than a magazine?
>get to end of magazine
>slide doesn't lock back
>if you weren't counting (like you won't be counting when actually using a firearm for its intended purpose), you try firing again and get a click
>reloading is that much slower

Sounds like a grip problem, not a gun problem.

It's a personal preference problem. It doesn't happen with pistols that put the lock further away from the grip, and it's something I take into consideration when buying a pistol.

Without a slide lock, if you forget how many rounds you have in the gun, there is a 1 in 15 chance you point your gun at the target, pull the trigger, and all you hear is a click. Its not critical, but it makes life a lot easier.

Are you using some sort of modified Weaver grip? Just curious..

Yep, don't cross my thumbs like this picture, and I have big hands, so you can see the problem with the M9.

Attached: download.jpg (270x187, 7K)

Almost no one in the military shoots a pistol enough to be considered well practiced with one. You're going to get answers from a bunch of people who have no more experience with either gun than you could with 2 hours of rentals at local range followed by a couple YouTube videos.

>all-day range every three months at a minimum
>group dry firing or ISMT every week
>still a POG
It's still less than I shoot now, but it wasn't terrible either.

How about a former military and LEO, both state and federal, who has carried an M9, M9A1, 92fs and a 96D Brigadier???

Beretta makes a fine pistol.

Totally different guns. A better comparison would be made between the P226 and the M9A1