Night Vision General /NVG/

I would like to start a discussion on night vision and the various technologies that are used to achieve it. I want to know what your preference is and if you personally own any night vision equipment.

Personally, I have always been fascinated by the cheapo Chinese short wave infrared devices. These things are literally $50 camcorders with an infrared flashlight taped on top and their performance is remarkable.

Attached: night-vision.jpg (1500x1000, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tu591pdAQc4
youtube.com/watch?v=CFDNEjJ0cME
amazon.com/dp/B07Q3YZ5BW/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you think this is normal NVG or some thermal version? The thing in middle seems to glow quite much

Attached: IMG-20180123-WA0001.jpg (1600x1200, 138K)

the thing in the middle appears to be a tent with some sort of internal light source

yeah but what kind of tent lets the light through? It should be military equipment still

In interested in the ai sentinal color vision goggles. But I'm a cheap kike and will probably just go for some white phosphorus. Any suggestions?

Attached: MultiComparison-2.jpg (1024x383, 53K)

>what kind of tent lets the light through
I'm honestly not sure if you're fucking with me or not

Im not

This is just normal tube-based night vision. The tent is either illuminated from the inside or is made of a reflective material which is reflecting starlight/moonlight/whatever other ambient light is in the area

>spending $13k on goggles

I have a gen 2+ unit and a full power peq. Should I have the peq on my 16 inch 5.56 or my 10.5 300 blackout with a can? Also anyone have the doctrine/steps to zero your peq and what the holds are for various distances?

Are there any recommended peq style IR illuminators / lasers with integrated white lights that are decent? I don't have much rail space and would like it all to be in one package if possible. I noticed this on holosuns site awhile back, and theres some early reviews, but only of the model without the white light I think.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.56.03 AM.png (770x708, 426K)

Common materials for camping tents are nylon, canvas and tarp. They all let light through. Certainly enough to pick up by NV.

300 blk, load up some m80a1 projectiles

Okay but that in image is military tent for sure. A beaten up one I give you that, but still military

where do I find those? also I'll take recommendations on where to buy 300blk in bulk

They probably forgot to turn on the stealth field generator.
But seriously, user, what the fuck do you think army tents are made of?

Also saw this on sale, but wonder if they are not making them anymore and there won't be any support from wilcox. The mounting system sounds a little odd too, a threaded screw that goes through the rail or an adapter that puts it up high. Can't find much info on these.

On a side note I've noticed playing around with my old but gen3 monocular that those little cameras on peoples porches light up big time looking through NV because of the infrared light they emit. They look like floodlights. Also phones emit a pulse of IR when there on or off sometimes to sense proximity of the user. Something to keep in mind, your night time security cameras and phones are very visible to night vision.

Attached: wilcox.jpg (978x550, 44K)

regardless, you're still going to practice light and noise discipline in the military because outside of your wet weather bag, nothing is going to catch all light spill

these are fucking great. The attachment system is great if you have a rail that works with it, if not you have to drill a hole or buy a new rail. The shape can also be a problem for mounting, so I'd just recommend buying a compatible rail

Finding m80a1 bullets is difficult af. I dunno what that user was thinking. For your peq:
>youtu.be/tu591pdAQc4

recommend me some cheapo night vision. I just want it for messing around, not anything serious.

Imagine being so fucking stupid you think you can cheap out night vision

My unit recently got PVS31s to replace our heinous PVS14s and they’re fucking incredible to use, especially the clip on thermal imager (minus the super fast battery drain)
If you want to buy night vision be prepared to shell out thousands of dollars for even the cheapest real goggles or monocles
It’s either that, or start stockpiling batteries for overpriced modern warfare 2 toys that need 16AAs per hour of run time

Attached: 96AA8F45-D097-43EC-A0F9-B79F5D88558C.jpg (623x1194, 250K)

GROOMING STANDARDS

question, if my objective lens is dirty on the inside, will it look like black dots when it's on?

pvs14

Firefield 5x50 NV monocular on amazon

Yeah, I had a small object, lint or whatever inside the housing sitting on the tube and it looked like a largish blemish. I used a little bellows air puffer thing for cameras to blow it out without touching any lenses. Big improvement

No they're shit
All of them
If you don't have to rail space for another light then make some rail space

Get a real job manchild

>Also anyone have the doctrine/steps to zero your peq and what the holds are for various distances?
Do you have an RDS at Absolute Co-witness?

>They all let light through
Especially the IR. I can put an IR strobe inside my backpack and it blares right through the nylon.

I do not know shit about that particular unit, but I have a lot of Wilcox gear and it is all good stuff.

Maybe - but if they look really black then they are probably specks on the back side of the tube, or actual blemishes. IIRC the specks in the front are not as sharp.

Like?

ok retard, let's see your panos then

Depends on the type of night vision and how you even define it. My $50 aliexpress camcorder works in a pitch black dungeon. Does your $13k military tube work in there? (Correct answer is no)

You're an idiot. youtube.com/watch?v=CFDNEjJ0cME

Goddamn POGs.

I bought some Sightmark Ghost Hunter goggles. They're fun, but only marginally better than when your eyes are acclimated to the dark. The attached illumination is only useful for 50 or so feet. That said, you can get an IR light that can extend that, and for what you get, it's rather clear. $300 on Amazon. Be warned, the skull-crusher head mount is what you're stuck with. I can't find any sort of adapter to mount it to a helmet with a Rhino or Wilcox. amazon.com/dp/B07Q3YZ5BW/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

i used to have a set of ghost hunters, 1x24
they work with a regular J-bracket arm and mount, same as you would use with PVS14s
problem is J-arms are hit or miss and you might have to buy and go through a couple to find one that will fit tight and not let the optic droop into your face
i sold mine after realizing how crappy they actually were when i went larping with a buddy who owned multiple high-end devices
i couldn't see any of his IFF/IRR besides his flags when i activated the illuminator

good night vision(gen 3) = own the night
everything else = just renting it

I have the binoculars, rather than the monocular. J-Arms don't work with them, near as I can tell. I would love to have Gen 3, but god it's so expensive. The only thing that will make it in any way affordable is if I build my own. So I've decided to slowly start collecting parts. Maybe in a year or two I'll have a Gen 3 set. Fingers x'd

Strawman argument.

>Does your $13k military tube work in there?
It will work just fine with the same supplemental IR that your chinkshit device needs; the difference being that it can also see for over a mile in the open, given the right conditions.

I wish more kikes would get white phosphorous

Just want to say that for the price, Sionyx Aurora is legit worth it compared to Gen 1 anything.

Attached: SiOnyx-270361_20190908224858_XQE_0026.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

Sionyx Aurora with illuminator.

Attached: SiOnyx-270361_20190908225311_XQE_0030.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

>Personally, I have always been fascinated by the cheapo Chinese short wave infrared devices. These things are literally $50 camcorders with an infrared flashlight taped on top and their performance is remarkable.

I have never heard of such a thing. Are they really around 50 bucks?
What's the cheapest you can get into night vision with?

Gestalt, please.

Attached: listening.jpg (480x482, 41K)

you can, but "cheap" is relative. A budget used set of 7D's are good enough to use in operations and you can find them for $1500. That's still not cheap enough for most people though. Guys who buy duals and talk shit on anyone else usually don't actually train enough to be good and just get them to flex.

Their downside is that they are laggy and hard to head mount. But for static position surveillance, they seem to be 10/10.

do you think this is real nvg/thermal imager picture or from a video game?

Attached: 1844df76.jpg (720x648, 16K)

Attached: 453456476.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Jesus, Pendleton really does get all the good shit :(

>cope
don't tell me you're cheaping out on NODs, user. Don't tell me you're a hypocrite, or worse yet, poor.

"Good enough" isn't applicable to nvgs in actual combat situations; get real

"Good enough" is literally the over-riding DoD procurement policy.

Say they both have the same spec tubes would you rather have Pvs7 or 1 pvs14?

heh

PVS-14 for anything except static defense - even then, it's a toss-up.

and DoD "good enough" is X,000$ more than civilian "good enough"

any night vision device which depends upon active emission of em radiation is a no-go for anything but play time.

Are you angry that you don't get to play with new toys like him?

where to get gen3 night vision in canada, so america is comie hell hole and won't export gen 3 night vision to my comie hell hole of canada. where to I get some quailty gen 3 nods that are made in canada or atleast outside of america.

I wouldn’t want leaf commies seeing in the dark either

not the previous poster, but yes? shit isnt fucking fair i want quadnods

Attached: 1564112231394.jpg (619x453, 28K)

The best of the Photonis Gen 2s approach US Gen 3 for gain and clarity and surpass their ability to handle some mixed environments. They also have an interesting lack of dip in the gain curve in the blue/green section of the spectrum. Cost is comparable to Gen 3. These tubes are generally French and I was under the impression that they ship to Syrupniggerlandia.

This you fucking dumbass

>implying i dont get paid enough to own whatever nods that I want
Nice try Archon

go spend 15k on duals then, my 4k pvs-15 with a white phosphor tube still lets me see you and shoot you when you are retarded and don't use IR light discipline. My $1500 PVS-7D can still see you and I can shoot you passively with my eotech if I realize you have NODs so I don't give away my position with my PEQ. "good enough" is good enough for the army, where we still use PVS-14's and even PVS-7B's in some units. I even have an/paq4c's in my arms room we use effectively. Like with anything, NVGs are only as good as your training, and have diminishing returns at a certain point.

driving too. using a 14 for a long convoy puts strain on your eye and I often switch it from one to the other. Like user said, 14 is better for anything other than static defense and that. You will see logistics guys take 7's instead of 14's though because of the driving.