US Air Force restricts KC-46 from carrying cargo and passengers

>defensenews.com/breaking-news/2019/09/11/air-force-restricts-kc-46-from-carrying-cargo-and-personnel/
>the U.S. Air Force has indefinitely barred the KC-46 from carrying cargo and passengers
>“As a result of this discovery, the Air Force has submitted a Category 1 deficiency report and is working with Boeing to identify a solution,”
I don't know why vatniks keep shitposting about the F-35 when this dumpster fire exists.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2368x1610, 661K)

>when this dumpster fire exists.
red-pill me on the KC-46

>USAF decides to replace C-130-based tankers
>leases tankers from Boeing at very high costs
>USAF planned to buy some
>deal fell through because some Pentagon-Boeing corruption
>USAF decides to finally buy more tankers
>Boeing submits the KC-46, Airbus/Grumman the A330 MRTT
>A330 MRTT wins
>Boeing throws an autistic fit
>original bid cancelled
>new bid
>surprisingly Boeing wins this time
>KC-46 development starts
>issues
>delays
>overcosts
>issues
>delays
>overcosts
>issues
>delays
>overcosts
>issues
>delays
>overcosts

No one could see that.

Imagine my complete lack of surprise.

Wasn't the Airbus bid basically a finished developement which only needed small changes to meet the US requirements?

How can a tanker have so much issues? I'm genuinely curious.

They tried to fit technology in the aircraft so that it can eventually be upgraded to have autonomous refuelling capability. Replace the boom operator. Right now the boom operator exists, but they’re looking through cameras to perform their job and it’s made it significantly more difficult.

Still better than anything Euroturds make. America is still lretty much the only country who can make capable aircraft.

This level of COPE lmao

Just look at the A400M. It's so slow that it can only refuel helicopters!

Attached: Airbis-A400M-Refuelling-Helicopters.jpg (659x286, 45K)

>deal fell through because some Pentagon-Boeing corruption
She Didnt do nuffin

Attached: Darleen_A._Druyun.jpg (266x336, 9K)

The butthurt shit people make up about aircraft is hilarious. Simply because it isn't a 130.

Not c130-based, its the Kc135 being replaced. The rest is 10/10 though

A400 is propeller driven

Prop planes are slower

A330 is jet engine

Dumb nigger

sure, but "IT AINT AN AMERICAN COMPANY! AMERICAN JERBS! PROFITS!"

Ugh. Desperately need mo o' dem diversity hires, us brothas be fixing those issues real quick. We engineers nn shieett.

The federal military should be completely fucking abolished and state militaries should once again make an appearance, with international situations being determined by - shock and awe - individual states willingness to participate in said international stakes.
This is the fucking absolute horse-shit that we get when there's literally no oversight into these stupid as fuck projects, basically just throwing millions of fucking dollars down the drain to be kept in offshore accounts for no fucking reason whatsoever.

With Boeing you lose

Attached: skeedaddle.png (2181x1169, 2.1M)

That went so well in the case of the Articles of Confederation. I'm sure it'll be just as great if we try it again, user.