QTDDTOT

Last Thread

Attached: 1523668152410.jpg (1280x944, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i5FNjVdTFlY?t=41
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/i5FNjVdTFlY?t=41

Are one of those 86 dollar single break action shotguns just going to break? I'm poor but I wanna get into skeet shooting

Eh, they'll last for a decent bit of fuckaroundery. Just buy a used pump for $200 and never look back. Mossman 500 or variant are the best.

Why does the NATO not just go back to the 7.65 if they want more firepower?

Attached: cffcbb22392470516d11aaea611557ade2fc050f87c12331147913b212466dd0.jpg (508x487, 53K)

>7.65
Never heard of it, fren
>more firepower
Delivering a greater volume of lead is more firepower, by definition. The days of 500+ metre engagements have ended and the battle rifle is but a thing of the past

>7.65
I meant 7.62×51

Does shooting 5.56 feel any different than .223? Louder or more recoil? Should I stick to .223 for target shooting for cost or is 5.56 a more fun cartridge?

Is the federal aluminum case 9mm ok? Everything I see about it says yes but for some reason it’s very undesirable to others.

The old ones are pretty durable. Only cheap because they are simple to make, which means less to break. However is a good idea if you can scrape together a few extra dollars to throw at this.
Main thing they want is AP capability and extreme range, both of which .308 is sub optimal for.
There may be a difference but I cannot perceive it.

You just can't reload it and it'll knock a few thousand (1-2k) rounds of your total barrel life (50-70k) that's it.

It is fine, although you cant reload it and it pisses off brass jews because they cant separate it from brass with a magnet like steel.

Can someone please post a picture of the red dot on a micro t1 on setting "7" or so in normal lighting please? I think this one I bought off amazon is fucked

Why is called Jow Forums? Kalashnikov? Katana? Knife?

Old Jow Forums board names were just alphabetical, before things like Jow Forums. Jow Forums doesn't stand for anything, just like /b/.

It's the letter after j in the alphabet.

Jow Forumsomrade
Jow Forumsommando

Weapons Play in Japanese, same as on the nipchan.

My boy, .223 and 5.56 are not a distinction in cartridge, they are shorthand for chambers: SAAMI .223 and 5.56 NATO respectively

I got some target 5.56 at Walmart and it looks machined by a drunk guy. But it was 8 bucks for 20 rds, is this ok to shoot? And also can I just get a crappy ak chambered in 5.56 and shoot steel case all day?

It's fine.

Your ammo shouldn't look like it was machined by any kind of guy, drunk or not.

>target 5.56
That's not a good enough description, post the box or list some specifics
>looks machined by a drunk guy
Cartridges aren't machined, they're stamped and pressed into shape

It’s Winchester 55 grain. It is sort of unbalanced looking with things like where the primer is, there will be another second circle for the primer as if it was made by a guy who missed and had to try again. Some rounds are uneven, some rounds have a purple paint on the bottom, others don’t. I’m thinking they are maybe reloaded? Idk I’m not into rifles I just shoot pistols and don’t reload

You know when people post stuff like how to make coat hanger auto sears? Can I legally save that stuff? Or is it illegal just to have? Like when Anons post how to make very large fireworks. Is it illegal just to possess an image?

>unbalanced looking with things like where the primer is
You're describing a crimp and they don't have to be perfectly concentric to secure the primer
>some rounds have a purple paint on the bottom, others don’t
That would be sealant for the primers, sometimes it is transparent, sometimes it is not, much like wax
>I’m thinking they are maybe reloaded?
They might be, but if the base of the cartridge has the NATO cross, then it is good to go and will last longer in storage than commercial ammunition

Do you not understand what the First Amendment is? Have you never heard of the Freedom of Information Act?

Hey lads, I've recently gotten the urge to go full autismo into tanks. I want to learn a lot about them, not just their history, but also the technological and scientific principles behind them. Does anyone have any good resources for this, considering I know next to nothing about them?

Attached: tenk.jpg (1200x863, 426K)

Government documents brought to you by your favorite search engine.

Hell no I have zero idea. I’m asking if some kid had tons of infographics showing how to make bombs, wouldn’t he get in trouble?

Hey I didn’t know that’s what the cross meant. Thanks user.

Unless he's selling blueprints for an ICBM stolen from the Department of Defense, they can't do shit to him

np

>The days of 500+ metre engagements have ended
They're back.

does a cz p10c fit in the glock 19 aliengear shapeshift holster?

They could get you with constructive intent, but then again they could get you with constructive intent for owning a pair of pliers and a coat hanger at the same time. Modern American law is much more about if they want to pin something on you than if you have actually done something wrong.
For what it is worth, there was a book published breifly called the Anarchist's Cookbook that described a bunch of improvised bombs and stuff. Not sure if it got shut down by the gov or by publishing companies, but I have seen copies for sale at stores so at the very least they aren't enforcing it right now.
If the Bill of Rights actually meant what it says than all ARs would already have auto sears.

ISAF disagrees with you. Commanders who wants support by fire from 500 meters plus without fear of extreme METT-TC on planning basis disagrees with you. Boots on the ground who wants to shoot through concealment reliably disagrees with you.

Any of you fucks deploy to AFG recently?
I'm going to Kabul. Will I have time to work out between dodging rockets?
Gym any good?

Attached: Afuganisu-Tan_1_186.jpg (246x211, 23K)

I'm okay with buying surplus kevlar helmets form the 80s?
Should only stop 9mm

>than[sic] all ARs would already have auto sears
Yes

Attached: YouAre[NOT]Infringed.jpg (3264x2448, 1.69M)

Can I fit a m4 carry handle on a m&p15 without issue? I have heard conflicting statements in other places about sight alignment

Attached: P1130201-770x513.jpg (770x513, 77K)

Is there a difference in quality between the POF MP5s and the Zenith/PTRs?

I'm looking for a self defence weapon for my gifriend, she's unfortunately unable to own a gun due to being a loon in the past. I'm looking for something easy to learn how to use, something that's harder for an attacker to turn against her, and of course something effevtive. I was thinking about getting her an asp, but they seem like they require some good dedocated training to use, and I don't know where she could learn to use that kind of weapon. I don't want to get her a knife due to how hard they are to handle, and how bad of a weapon they are in the eyes of the law if you give your assailant defemsive wounds. Stun gun is definitely out of the question as well due to how many factors go into them. She used to kick box and she's looking to get back into it, so combat with your own hands seems like it's the safest and most controllable in a situation, but she can of course be over powered in a situation.

I'm looking for that picture of an OPFOR with an AK/rpk wearing belgian camouflage pants in combination with a khaki shirt and a plate carrier, can anyone help me out?
i just lost out on a major deal involving a sub 2K costing original AR-10 and i am feeling very shit

Pick one:
BA50 with leupold mk4 scope
LAR Grizzly Big Boar with 80rnds ($1k less)

Yeah they're fine as long as they're relatively undamaged.
Any number of "keychain" defense items. Pointy stabbers, even spray has its merits, but most importantly good running shoes because distance is king in self defense scenarios.

Say you had the money for either one, which would you pick?

Attached: VectorVScorp.png (796x376, 163K)

Depends if you get joy out of long distance shooting or if you're a pistol guy. Both have their merits for being big boys on the block but two entirely different sources of enjoyment beyond the loud noise high. If you're going the expensive route then get the one that makes it hard to blow a $100 bill in the span of 5 minutes and pick up the rifle.

I forgot about keychain items thanks for the reminder, I agree on distance, but unfortunately a lot of assailants see that as being the biggest threat to them, so they prioritize disabling that optiom fairly quickly

Don't remember exactly, but a few Kriss owners on this board were met with mediocrity. But it's a flex gun that makes noise so what more do you want? Plus you're not using it every day to stay alive so it all comes down to which one you think is more aesthetic and has the better aftermarket.

best optic for a 20 inch A4 style?

Attached: Photo Sep 07, 11 35 09 AM.jpg (4032x3024, 1.67M)

I'm fit-ish but still kinda skelly. I'd like to get better at shooting standing up (100m); how do I work out to struggle less to hold a rifle steady?
Is there a trick to it? I've seen skinny af guys still shoot extremely well while standing/moving.
Thanks guys

A few defense classes never hurt, just to get acquainted with the basics of cqc. "Instead of freezing you can kick him in the nuts or cave his knee in sideways" that sort of stuff.
Acog on a gooseneck
Practice practice practice, take a rifle class, do arm and core exercises.

Both are 50BMG
Definitely more of a long range guy but would need to visit special ranges for either one. I'm thinking the BA50 because it's bolt-action, it has a nice reputation, and the scope is a nice added value in the price (package is $1k under the MSRP with the scope)

Yeah my b I saw LAR and immediately went to TWOWORLWARS, after researching both I'd say the bolt action because despite the novelty of single shot break actions/breech loaders it wears off quick and turns tedious.

no prob Jow Forumsommrade,
Looks like I'm going to check out the ba50 :D

Now to find ammo.... recommendations?

Lake City and Federal for the redundancy and general shooting rounds, ammoseek will point you to some good deals. I've shot some PMC that fared fairly well, but I stay away from it in general because I've never had luck with their .223. Specialty rounds are beyond me because I haven't used them before. Also I don't own a .50 but have an eccentric neighbor with a Barrett and he tells me what to buy. He usually shows up with federal too.

If you could only use ONE of these three magazines which would you choose?

Attached: options.png (1919x1025, 712K)

Depends
>Russian Invasion
60 P Mag
>Shootout
40 P Mag
>Drills and Stuff
Double 30 p Mag

Would a cargo bike be a viable option for bugging out? Long or short term.

Taking the car and being forced to stay on roads or non-difficult terrain isnt the best idea. Rucking it is obviously the best answer seeing as you wont have mechanical failures to fix, but would take considerably longer to get from point 'A' to 'B'.

Im on the fence about getting pic related, a Surly Big Fat Dummy. Im also looking at a few others. Im just not sure if its a good purchase for the purpose. My bug out location is about 200 miles away as it's a sizable chunk of land far enough away from any city. Ive biked it before mostly unburdened on roads in under 24 hours of bike time (two day trip for resting), but with extra gear while taking the beaten path? Im not all to sure.

Attached: SurlyBFD_loaded_2 (1).jpg (960x720, 137K)

That geometry looks so useless, you'll be wasting so much energy, not to mention a bike like that will have too many things that can go wrong with it, whoever sells these knows how to scam. I recommend you get a fixed gear road bike, put on some bigger gravel tires, or go for a single speed mountain. Get a rack for the back, a good backpack, and you'll be fucking ready for anything

Get a motorbike or you’ll get clapped for your gear. People will see you don’t give them time to think about it.

What is the best way to mount a scope by yourself? I may have access to a bench vice but how do I ensure the rifle is 100% level before I put the scope on? Any advice or tricks?

mag-linked 40 rounders. Drums are a meme that while cool, are more prone to jams and problems compared to regular mags.

My other idea was to get a trailer for my trail bike. It would be much cheaper than a new bike, and Im already comfortable with it. As far as break downs, I know my way around a bike having wrenched on them for 5 years now, both as a home mechanic and a profession. Though, the only thing I would do is swap out from hydrolic brakes to mechanical, just for ease of repair in the field.

Pic related.

Attached: 20190913_123919.jpg (2081x1318, 1.07M)

Does something like this exist just in 7.62×25mm Tokarev?

Attached: 1022 Ruger.jpg (1200x1200, 93K)

Working on an FPS game set in generic slav shithole, any ideas on good weapons to include into the game?

Attached: ОЦ-22 Бук 4.jpg (925x404, 20K)

mini 14 blued original folder for 1k. good price or pass?

Old PPS kits are the most common, but it's still a clusterfuck.
KLOBB
L
O
B
B

any specific variant? or any attachments?

What series? Still pretty good, you're looking at $300 bare minimum for a used Mini and the original stocks are $800.

not sure, i dont know a great deal about minis but i thought the OEM folders were only available for a relatively short time.

As long as it's not a series 180 dropped into the stock you're gtg. I'd hop on it, the stocks are pretty meh, but it's a guaranteed investment.

Maybe. ether way you'll be happier getting a custom kydex holster made for your piece.

how do you tell, he didnt post a SN

Sights and sideplate are different and easiest to tell from pictures, stocks are a bit shorter as well. Really not an issue I wouldn't think, but I've seen some horrible things done to boutique stocks to fit on wrong models. The 180s are what soured everyone on the Mini 14 and most issues were quickly fixed in the next models, as well people didn't think bullet weight and rifling would affect accuracy as much as it did, but the inaccuracy meems persist.

Attached: Series 180.jpg (800x600, 107K)

>stocks are a bit shorter
Well its folding and i'm only aware of one OEM folding stock. So what series would an original folder be?If they came out in the 80s than SN 18x would make sense.

Level and a string, there's multiple step by step guides on the internet that can save you a dollar. Also depending on your setup if you need shims, which those guides will definitely tell you, a coke can and some snips work fine.

Thanks!
I wonder if other loads are out there besides m33

Cyber Tok

Attached: 2F257302-5EC9-403B-8FD9-8121DC95F1CF.png (750x568, 88K)

How hard are guns to make for machinists? I've heard the AK isn't super complicated to make if you know the process.

Very easy. Look up P. A. Luty, he was a British dude who decided that rights were something that exist whether or not your repressive government says they do and he built machine guns in a shed in Yorkshire and put the plans online. His work is a good intro to this kind of thing because he wrote his plans specifically so a layman could build them without specialized tools. He never committed any actual crimes with his guns but he died in prison nonetheless for daring to build them.

I've heard his designs function (lots of Australian Lutys crop up constantly) but that there's plenty of room for improvement. I don't know anything about engineering though and I'm not sure what's wrong with them aside from an extremely high rate of fire.

I've actually seen the Luty gun on youtube before.

Go read his plans, then. You can still find them on the internet. I have no interest in actually trying to build any of these sort of things, but some of the other ones you see floating around are apparently deathtraps. Luty put his money where his mouth is.

His work is really just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, though. I think it's a good place to start because he was extremely SHALL NOT and wrote them for an audience with no specialized tools or experience, but it seems the sky's the limit with this shit. People have made contraptions to rifle barrels or have done it electronically at home, hand made AKs and weapons that function similarly, you could probably make Grease guns if you had a machine shop, etc. It seems like pressure bearing parts for rifle calibers are the most difficult parts to manufacture from something not intended as a gun part, followed by ammunition and then magazines, but I don't really know for sure because I'm not a machinist.

I like carry handles but I would pull it off and go with an Aimpoint PRO or Vortex Strikefire.
The Primary arms 1-6x is also a good option.

what's a neat .22 to get for giggles?
I want something I can just go out and shoot on a dime.

1Alright Jow Forums I hope I get a response within 48hrs so I don't have to make a thread about this.
So I'm planning on buying my first hunting rifle later this month, I'm pretty much set on a Weatherby Vanguard Lazerguard in 30-06 with a Nikon Bushmaster II scope (Separate items, no combo deal) and I want this rifle because it seems to be high quality and accurate and would be a rifle I would likely own for many years, possibly the rest of my life. The only real question on my mind right now is because the rifle and scope together cost ~$1000 USD plus tax, is would I be better off buying a more inexpensive rifle plus a pistol? Another rifle that's basically half the cost of what I want is Mossberg Patriot with a Vortex II crossfire included, also chambered in 30-06. The Pistol I would ideally buy is a Nagant M1895, as there is one for sale on armslist in my area, but my second choice of pistol would be a Heritage Arms single action big bore chambered in .45LC. Either would be used for CCW, with plans to later on buy a compact semi-auto for ankle carry.
If I were to buy the Weatherby at the end of the month, I'd likely plan on buying one of the revolvers early December, which would likely be the Heritage Arms in .45LC as the Nagant would likely be sold by then.
So my questions basically boil down to:
Should I get one really nice gun or two good guns?
Is the Mossberg Patriot a quality firearm?
Is there hunting rifles in 30-06 or similar around $500 I should look at?
Between a Nagant M1895 and a Heritage Arms Single action, what would likely better in self defense situation? What would be better as a hobby gun?

Am I looking at beginning stages or rust or is it just brass fouling in my chamber?

Attached: 20190913_205142.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

Ruger Mks are always a fun time, Rough Riders, I'm a fan of my SW 17. As for rifles the Marlin 60 is king, followed by the 90 that looks like a M1 carbine.
Two good guns are more fun than one expensive gun
Mossberg is fine.
.308 is cheaper on the whole for hunting and plinking.
They're both horrendous so pick the one you think looks cooler.
Brass

Is there a retard's guide to cleaning guns? Literally have no idea what to do or what I need. I own an AR, Mossy 88, and a P365, if that makes a difference.

Midway has some good instructional videos on youtube.

100% fouling

My glock 40 mags and glock 29 mags are the same thing, right?

Are Rossi leverguns good, or should I just save up a little more and get a Marlin?

Each weapon is different, disassembly is either in the weapon guide or on a friendly youtube video.
Basic steps:
*Remove magazine
*Chamber check (no ammo)
*Break down weapon
*Clean barrel by pulling boresnake/cleaning rod from chamber to muzzle.

I highly recommend lightly oiled Q-Tips for most cleaning, especially ARs. If you are in a dusty/sandy environment, use even less oil.

Why the hell are 5.45 AKs so damn expensive?

If you insist on a bicycle you'd be better off getting a hybrid mountain/touring bike.

Cargo bikes are generally intended for hippies to ride down the road to the grocery mart and back

Can someone drop me an invite for the Texas /k discord?

Is there a way to find distance to a target without a range finder? Like say youre out hunting and you can only take one shot. How would l figure that out?

if your scope has a rangefinder use that. if not, spending time observing known distances helped me alot.

My gun arrived at my ffl yeterday and they still haven't called me.
Should I just go say I'm here to pick it up anyway?
It's a store btw not some dude's garage.