Any of you guys go back to college after the age of 25? I started college when I was 18...

Any of you guys go back to college after the age of 25? I started college when I was 18, but then dropped in the middle of the semester. I'm now 28 and trying to go back. I really hope I can pull through this time. I hate my current job and I just want to finish up and get a degree so I can leave this hellhole store.

Attached: 25.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Nope.
I got kicked out of college at like 19 years old after being there for 6 months.
I had 33% attendance and stunk of weed and was drunk all the time so they got rid of me.
Also I used to skate in the college and draw penises everywhere.
Almost 10 years later I'm still a massive prick and a huge failure.
I don't know where I'm going with this... do well... don't be a massive fuck up.

What do you plan on studying?
I'm not going back to school but I'm going to join the military, I hope we get into a war soon.

Attached: 18382368261327.png (225x225, 115K)

I teach English to adult learners now. I guess it's alright. I don't really have any idea what I'm doing but as long as I keep pretending well enough they won't find out. I turned 26 a few days ago. That sentence fills me with dread. I'm fucking dying of sexual frustration. This year will be eight years since I last touched a chick. I really do think it's worse to know what you're missing. I'm incredibly tempted to go to a brothel but it's easy to dissuade myself just by looking at the prices. Christ women are over-valued, in every regard. But I'm dying from frustration. I can't believe this is how my life is now. It's never going to change. This is it. I'll do this every day until I die. Maybe not English teaching - not that I have any other skills - but this sort of thing. Holy shit. End me.

Have you ever thought about finding a new hobby? I thought about learning how to cook from watching youtube videos. If you can cook then maybe more women would want to be with you.

All of a sudden I'm way more depressed than usual. Nothing changed really. This happens sometimes. Just sick of living.

I did my best crawling up from neetdom to get a degree and a job, I can even somewhat socialize with people at work but I'm still just a weirdo with no life outside work and nothing to live for.

The only hobby I managed to develop was guns and now the fucking leftists are ruining that too. I'm not even any good at shooting, I'm more of a collector.

Having more health problems now too, my doctor is an imbecile and so was the last one.

Fuck, everything is down hill for me. What is the point of living when I can't fucking enjoy anything?

Went back at 25, 29 now and finishing grad school in May. Shit is great, I've fucked three girls I met in class. I also teach English, but in high school. Teaching is a very popular profession on Tinder, I get so many chicks who are just into it. Going back to school was the best thing I ever did man, keep at it. It's a lot nicer to do it again with your shit together and not as a dweeby ass 19 year old.

How do you stay motivated and keep going when life is beating you down?

do it bro, I am 26 and getting the degree in may...you have more prospective with a degree, don't let you conditionate yourself about having younger people around.

I'd only be cooking alone. I could be Superman, but I'd still have no points of contact. The only people I ever see are my students, and they're my students.

i started college at 18 then dropped out at 20, went back at 22 dropped out at 23, went back at 24 dropped out at 27 (last year)

your age doesn't matter user. just make sure you have what it takes to graduate:

-free time to study
-reasonable commute time
-social circle to study with
-charisma
-motivation

I started it at 25.
If you're insecure about age, you'll be undistinguishable from all the 20yo and younger there. Nobody knows my true age yet (soon 27), and many younger look older. And there are legit older people there too, like a 46yo classmate I chatted with a few days ago.

Yeah I feel kinda weird having kids that are 15 years old in my class. They're so young and they have everything figured out. While I'm old and still trying not to fuck up.

Do you plan on going back?

Yeah I'm 28, but I look like i'm 17 because I have a baby face.

Any anons join the military at a late age? I'm 27, going to Air Force basic in a month. No college degree and never had a job so this seems like as good a move as any

>you'll be undistinguishable from all the 20yo and younger there
Not if you're bald

Depends on how bald you are. I see some young men with receding hairlines, despite being in the beginning of their 20s. They're rarer, but they are there.

Just so you know the word is 'indistinguishable'.

OP, and anyone else thinking of going back to college... take it from someone who went back after 25 after working early 20's in a factory. Get that degree (Just make sure it'll get you a better paying job).

You won't regret it.

But if you wait too long, you may not have the chance. There are classmates who will finish a 2 year degree in 4+ years because of life situations.

If you've got minimal responsibilities, apply now and finish quick. Work hard and get your degree. Take on a full course load and work to the max. Bonus points if you can manage work + school.

Just don't wait too long. There are people your age I run into all the time wanting to go back to school but can't because they've got a kid, bills, etc.

Don't waste any more time.You've still got plenty of it but it'll be gone before you know it if you remain complacent.

Attached: 1465510680052.webm (733x550, 1.76M)

>What is the point of living when I can't fucking enjoy anything?

This isn't necessarily true.
You need to find what you've lost, or rather left behind.

Goals, friend.
It's easy to stay in a rut if you don't have anything you're working towards.

What are your (SMART) goals in life?

i took a 4-5 year break from my sophomore year til now because i had some shit going on, im 27 now and in my last year and a half or so back in undergrad. it feels good on one hand because im in a better place than before but going to school with some 18-20 year olds while my friends have been working at their careers for the past 5 years has been hard. theyre all good kids though and dont look down on me ive confided in them what happened and theyve all been supportive. i just wanna graduate so i can pay my parents back for the extra years of neetdom and lawyer fees from DUIS when i had a drinking problem

I've seen older people 30+ in college. And what I noticed is that not only they are more mature but their homeworks and projects are better.
I just graduated as a system's engineer. They are an older generation and they know how to program and manage projects better than most.

>Sick of working in factories
>Go to (community) college again at 26
>Stay there for 2 years
>Hardly spoke to anyone
>Didn't make any friends
>Watch the happy little 18-20 year olds do their thing

I remember being mildly picked on for being a creep when I first went at age 20. At 26 my creep level had matured to the point where nobody fucks with me anymore.

>get a degree
>find a better job
>be able to help out my mom more (financially)
>find my own place to stay
>find a gf
>and idk maybe start a family once I'm in my 30's
I'm pretty behind, so that's what fucks me up mentally.

Attached: 1430676534708.jpg (315x317, 10K)

Drop out here, got majorly depressed and was put on academic probation at state school, decided next quarter to take new classes and the old classes i failed, then i got depressed and failed. Turns out I'm bipolar, this whole time I was rapid cycling.just turned 25 and after years of working shitty jobs with no prospect, but with drugs and a semi stable head I'm goin back in January.
You can do it.

What drugs do you take for your bipolar?

These are all admirable goals. Goals I can relate with.
They're all realistic as well. That is more than enough motivation to keep you going when things get tough.

It's hard to think anything but you're behind when you see everyone around you excelling in their careers but you can't let that get you down.

Be happy for those who have gotten to that stage and even interact with them, gain insight and advice if necessary. Or ignore them and focus on your goals.

You might be behind now but consider where you'll be when you tick off each goal one step at a time. Think of where you'll be as you get closer to each one.

We might be in the dumps right now, but we gotta start somewhere. Where working towards something because we don't want to stay here the rest of our lives. You can't move forward if you're not willing to fight.

You are capable.

Seroquel xr (800 mg)
Celexa (40 mg)
Buspar (75 mg)
was on lamictal (but Psy took me off)
I'm considered an atypical patient
I'll probably go lithium as well, I have a high tolerance for drugs, so the seroquel can't fully control my mania, which is what has done the most damage.

>Romans 12:12

Thank you, brother. I actually really like that verse. I hope you and everyone else here can get through their pains in life.

Not quite the same, but I went back to uni at 21 after getting kicked out of my old one. My advice is this - in 3 years, would you rather have a degree, or would you rather be thinking "what would life have been if only i went back"?

I had a friend who I talked life with one time, his end of the story went something like this
>Be 18
>Be lazy fuckup
>Work oddjobs and bartend for 10 years
>Don't try at anything, don't care about anything
>Joins military
>Finishes an easy degree
>Turn 30
>Sudden change of heart, starts trying at things
>Takes up running

The guy now has a qt wife and is living an awesome life. It's only too late if you let your worries of being "behind" hold you back.

>he has touched a female in his life

get out you fucking normie

I'm 25, did one year at uni at 23, got decent grades, but was not for a robot like me (and it was a useless arts degree anyways) so I dropped out.

Starting college for I.T this summer, hoping a technical school is better than uni.

Thanks, bro.
It's one of the few verses I actually know by heart because it's so short but helpful in times of doubt and distress.

Thanks for that, hoping the same as well.

Attached: 1470369476921.png (600x600, 273K)

I am 27, and I hate my job. my parents offered me that they wil pay for 5 years of another university, but when it turned out how expensive it is I didn't have the balls to waste so much of their money.

28. drunk. will be dead soon of self inflicted death. not today though. it's okay death is the end of all pain and suffering. end of pleasure too, the end of all sensation entirely, but most importantly the end of all pain. one day very soon i'll never have to feel pain, sadness, fear, or anything else ever again.

thank god death is the end of consciousness.

Attached: 1511674638227.gif (700x525, 435K)

>move back to home town to be closer to family
>most of my friends moved away
>my remaining friends are all married with kids
>stuck just hanging out with my gf's friends or trying and failing to make friends from Jow Forums on Discord
>we moved here because cost of living was lower than where we were living before but it's creeping up and we're trying to save for a house
>every day I drive to and from work is depressing because it's in the same neighborhood as the highschool I went to
>always driving on the same roads and passing the same places where I had fun as a kid
>now just feels lonely

Attached: 1480233686121.jpg (443x664, 226K)

Is it true that now a days, it doesn't matter what you study? Like the most important thing is networking and kissing ass?

I've met people with shit grades and degrees, but they're working for great companies. Like how the fuck is that possible?

Attached: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (214x200, 15K)

>I just want to finish up and get a degree so I can leave this hellhole store.

Hopefully it's a bachelor's in engineering or something. If you majored in political science or some stupid bullshit like that, you're probably end up right back in retail or hospitality.

If anything, my degree has made it harder to get jobs. I got laid off a year ago, and the recycling centers in my area won't even hire me.

>28 yo
>living by myself in a city I dont know
>doing a residency in Orthopedic Surgery
>gf for the las 2 years but dont really feel anything for her anymore
>dont feel much of anything really

I feel almost nothing besides boredom, melancholy, disgust, hate and evy.

Im abroad now, starting my new life cliche. I will start working next week and Im slightly afraid.
I still have trouble speaking the language and ive already embarrassed myself a few times. I have to talk to HR but Im too nervous to ring their bell and talk via the intercom, fucking pathetic.

I also dont have internet access, except an expensive and limited one on my phone.
The only people i know here are the few coworkers and i have to act as their translator because theyrw even worse than me language wise. It just makes it worse because of the additional embarrassment potential.

>his hobby is "guns"
Amazing hobby. So you just spend ridiculous amounts of money on equipment you dont even use for what it was made (shooting living things)? I doubt you do competitive shooting, which means youre one of those idiots that throw money with high speed 200m in front of them.

I realized my life was shit shortly after my 30th birthday. I marched down to the local technical college and enrolled in a 2 year program. I got trained to be a software developer and I now make triple what I did before going to school. So it worked out pretty well.

>stop liking things i don't like
Kys you miserable faggot

>t. dicklet gun nut

I'm making fun of him because he acts all pretentious with his "hobby". This has nothing to do with "stop liking". He's also one of those retards who blame everything but themselves. This time he's blaming people for "ruining his hobby".

What was prententious about that

i did. thought i would be the oldest guy in class but most people were my age. there were even some people in their forties. but after i got my degree i still found it hard to get a job. your still in the bottom pile of society until you get experience. i couldn't even get a normal job because they might have thought i would leave asap.

You don't like him because he like guns so you try to shit on him. You're fucking pathetic. Even for this board.

lel did he hurt your feelings by not liking your autismal hobby?

Attached: 6080406.jpg (800x1165, 444K)

No. Not my hobby. You're the only one here who got butthurt faggot.

>be me 27 khv
>go to bank to do some stuff
>very anxious because I have to talk
>a cute blonde girl tells me she accepts clients now
>we start to talk about business
>she checks my address and start to smile
>"user we are basically neighbours, I just moved in at my new appartment few meters away from your home"
>she asked me seveal questions about the life here, and told me how happy is she for moving in, she just bought new windows
>I didn't know how to respond so I just nodded
>she stopped smiling and we talked about bank stuff only

Please tell me robots that this was just a formality and she didn't like me. Please

Attached: 16912331.jpg (600x484, 32K)

Cant really go back to college in burgerland unless you have money

I'm 23 with no job.

Please, somebody fucking help me.

you blew it

>unoriginally

Muh nig I'm actually thinking of becoming an army ranger I'm looking forward to operating

Fuck. Why the fuck I am a robot useless fuck. She was so pretty.

Attached: cc1[1].jpg (619x453, 57K)

>trying to change careers
>have a good job, will never go anywhere though
>went back to school for this reason, stopped going.
>best friend died, ran out of money for tuition
2 years later
>chasing after virgin bro whos years younger because hes the only one whos giving me a chance
>and nothing, life going nowhere, miss friend.

she didnt like you at the time, but being her friend which she was clearly looking for might have opened a door to her female friends who might like you,

It's hard to tell in those situations, user. A lot of those bank girls will add in their own charm and conversation to make the business day more pleasant, so you could never know for sure whether she was interested or not. The thing to keep in mind is that even if she was 'interested', she certainly expected you to play along and banter with her, and eventually she'd have expected you to take initiative or whatever. It's very rare to make connections this way, especially when you're dealing with a bank and not just a local store or something.

Forget her and get active talking to women elsewhere where you can socially fail and move on, if relationships with women are what interests you.

>get active talking to women elsewhere

As a 27 khv I don't think I am kinda good at it

>34
>normalfag
>live with gf
>have fun career
>no debt
>can drop thousands of dollars on my hobbies at will
>saving for a house
Why am I still on this site? How do I get away? How do I stop liking anime? I just want to be like other normals my age.

Attached: 1512571789658.jpg (750x1014, 120K)

do you feel now better for posting this you fucking faglord

you already are a normie, fuck off

What about chatting to girls online in text and then moving on to audio chats? Could you try that?

how did the entire process go? 5 hours ago

>31
>moved back in with parents

I can never be myself and it's sucked the life out of me to the point where I no longer feel like giving a fuck about anything or anyone anymore.

Sick of this life, nothing to lose. Might as well be a piece of shit like everyone else.

>got a degree
>jobs are still shit cause degree is pretty far from actual tech everyone uses
>got a place to stay, yet feel the same
>implying degree and place made me less autistic
I was once where you are now, i DO hope you have a better luck.

I'm doing my two-year university at 25. General studies, but focusing on law. Doing good, a lot of people here are very young but look to be in their late to mid 20s. Met a fat boomer guy here who served as a rifleman in Egypt. Debating on if I want to start my career with a two-year degree or waste more time at a four-year college.

27 years old. Dropped out from high shcool at 18 and became a NEET
I don't know what outside looks like anymore. They still have those things on wheels? whata ya call them? And room inhabitants, but with shoes and long hair and do this hypnotic eye staring ritual thing?

Nobody gave enough of a shit to comment on my post again. I don't really know what makes a robot even though I've lurked this board for 10 years (2008, yes)

But suffice to say, if 'robots' were the only ones in the world, they'd act like normies without a doubt.

Attached: 1492147908972.png (602x590, 344K)

ayyyy me too man
ranger school looks fun

Almost 28 years old, thinking of joining the military because I don't have much else going for me right now.

Attached: Kat.jpg (188x193, 10K)

It was very, very long because I admitted to some medical stuff (allergy treatment) I should have just kept quiet about. Took me nine months to go from talking to a recruiter to getting to the point where I was waiting to be given a job and ship date.

Which was your post, user? I'll respond (I've been here since 2009).

There is no good definition of a "robot", people are always attributing their own meaning to that term, I've always just thought of a robot as someone who habitually posts here, whoever they are so long as they're not totally normie or a female. The ideal r9k poster for me is someone ike myself - an introverted, sensitive male alienated from society and struggling to find meaning. Failing normies used to have amazing stories. I wouldn't even mind highly sociable people posting here so long as the post quality is high.

How do you talk to people, bros?

I don't have any social anxiety, but I genuinely have no idea what to say in a conversation. I just ask question after question, but nothing ever really gets going.
I don't LIKE idle chatter; I relish debating but I don't do that much because it can come across as argumentative with someone you don't know that well. Because I'm incapable of taking an interest in people's weekend, major, favourite TV shows, etc., I feel like I can't establish a connection because I'm never being authentic.

This has been happening for years. I've tried to steer conversations towards my own interests, but when people don't have interesting ideas or insights I end up just agreeing with whatever they said completely insincerely, because I know that if I encountered them online I'd probably ignore them or vehemently oppose them.

I don't go out of my way to be conversational but when I'm in one, it always sputters out into an inauthentic, surface-level mess. I feel like it's starting to affect things; I have very few friendships or relationships, and I have no idea how to change.

I'm pretty sure most conversation that's ever taken place is inauthentic as you describe it. I'm the same with questions, I actually get told I sound 'interrogative' a lot, but it actually works for me with a lot of people. People like when you're curious about their lives and interests and the world in general. You just have to work on periodically contributing your own comments and thoughts more often.

Lucky niggers who have military as an option. Just do it.

75th? Not happening bud. Keep dreaming.

You don't know me nigger

Like I said, keep dreaming. That's all it's ever going to be.
You'll settle for 11B

check my last post number
>75
it's destiny, your hate will only fuel my workout tomorrow.

Good on ya. Have fun with your grunt contract

I appreciate the concern. This old saying is more true than you'd ever wish:
'The squeaky wheel gets the grease.'

ALWAYS COMPLAIN. ALWAYS WHINE. ALWAYS BE A DICK. Whiners get attention. So do assholes. So do dicks. So do feminists. So do complainers of any sort. Make noise or be condemned to obscurity. That is all there is to it. Nothing else. If you want you stupid fucking opinion to be heard you need to make a lot of noise about it. I hate being alive sometimes but shilling is your greatest ally. Shill and shill hard to be shilled in turn. Death is better than life. Goodbye.

Attached: epic win.jpg (2000x2000, 338K)

>faggot anti-gunner thinking about cocks 24/7
checks out
Sport shooting is a great hobby, no women or non-whites for the most part

Attached: Sporting+Clays.jpg (800x449, 95K)

Have fun larping on Jow Forums you scrub

Anyone else hoping for Jow Forums just to shut down?

There's almost nothing of value on the main 4 boards and all the small boards have been overrun. And this place probably has a detrimental effects on our minds.

Tell us about your Jow Forums journey.

>Please tell me robots that this was just a formality and she didn't like me. Please
No.

>Tell us about your Jow Forums journey.
From the beginning? I'm mean, my journey isn't that much of a journey.

Oh Lord...

Originally this was an original post.

You had a strong opinion on the change in quality of Jow Forums posts, so I'm asking for a short breakdown on how you feel things have changed since you've come here. Something like that.

Has any of you started dating after the 23-24 mark and up? I am curious if anyone had success or would recommend it.

I went to a trade school at 25. Graduated as an electrician, but most of the jobs I apply for are on an on-call basis. When they do call me in, by the time I show up, the fucking foreman tells me he doesn't need me so I end up wasting gas.
So I'm stuck back at fucking Walmart for a good while until I can find something stable. Surprised Walmart of all fucking places are treating me better than the other places I've applied for.

>very anxious because I have to talk
We need more details

I'm 25 and i started uni this year.

I'm really not enjoying it. Everyone is very young and immature, the contact hours are minimal so i don't get chance to make friends and it's weird to do that since im 25 and they're mostly 18 year olds. I have no motivation to do the work even though its a subject i really enjoy.

The whole thing sucks.

Came here in 2011, but lurked on it's predecessor for years, SA forums. Although it was relatively late in the game, there was still OC, there were still threads that didn't derail at the mention of a black person, shemale threads were just a couple of threads on /gif/ and /b/ and not taking up multiple threads on multiple boards, I *think* there was still one camgirl/attention whore around, moot was still here, happenings happened before they got on the news, and so on and so on. Around some time in 2013 (and I don't know what happened that year) threads on apolitical boards started getting more political but it wasn't too bad, then 2014 GG and the fappening happen, influx of newfags, 2015 moot leaves and trump runs for president and I'm guessing this is where r/the_donald comes in and start flooding the boards. 2016, 2bh, was pretty great since we got good memes out of the presidential election but 2017 feels like a nothing and 2018 doesn't seem any better. If that /tv/ meme on Schneider turns out to be nothing, then almost nothing of value has come out of Jow Forums since 2016.

Jow Forums was really good for the 3 days

Yeah, I know how you feel.

Try and find something to fill your time with outside of class. Is there an extracurricular you can get involved in?

Looooooorrrd I hope this day is good

Youre acting like your 40 years old