Are suicide tendencies purely a symptom of depression or are there logical reasons to want to die?

Are suicide tendencies purely a symptom of depression or are there logical reasons to want to die?

Attached: 5621378.png (2753x2718, 556K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/
independent.co.uk/news/brilliant-pupils-logical-suicide-1188778.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only purely logical reason i can think of is in order to avoid torture, there might be more

Chronic/terminal health issue.

Redemption for an irredeemable failure.

death isn't redemption, redemption involves making amends for the failure, death is an escape

not having a gf makes people suicidal

depending on your beliefs death may be a way of making amends for the failure.

Suicide rates are interesting when you look at the world as a whole,

>>worldpopulationreview.com/countries/suicide-rate-by-country/

Shithole countries dont necessarilly mean more suicides so I guess that links in with depression.

As for logical reasons to die of course there are medical ones, other than that you can blame religion for inspiring people to believe that suicide/martydom is logical....

What the fuck does suicide tendencies even mean? I don't tend to commit suicide, "what are you doing on the weekend user?" "Probably what I normally do and commit fucking suicide"

if you know that your life is going to be much worse off in the future because of whatever reason, typically terminal illness, then its entirely rational to want to die to minimize your future suffering.

also if your suicide can result in bettering other people's lives through insurance payouts, organ donations etc. then i can see a reason for you to fake-death/suicide to help your friends and family

finally if you have anhedonia like me, then your brain can no longer generate pleasure from doing things so life is literally meaningless, then you can just die rather than play this game of life that you get nothing from and don't want to play anymore

death isn't an 'escape', in the sense that you're not 'running away from problems'. death is a deliberate decision, a choice you make which results in the cessation of reality for reasons that can be entirely logical. when you die, your brain, the interface between 'you' and 'the world' ceases to function, so imo when people say 'oh you never know life is gonna get better', 'all problems are temporary, death is permanent' its entirely irrelevant. when you're dead you can't perceive anything. unless you believe in the afterlife, which i don't and many brilliant people don't.

to who? God?

>you can blame religion for inspiring people to believe that suicide is logical
>wants to stop suffering
>offs himself
seems pretty logical to me but I don't see how it relates with religion.

Im guessing OP means the propensity to want to commit suicide.

Gay people have a tendency to be more likely to take drugs. Dogs have a tendancy to shit outdoors. etc etc

depression is suffering; it is easier to off yourself than endure that suffering, or make changes that would ease that suffering. im not sure suicide could be justified logically just because nobody knows what lies beyond death, it could be worse.

Religion can make people believe that
A) When you die there is something else to go to
B) If you commit suicide in the name of religion you will be rewarded. (Suicide bombers Islam) Religious Martyrs existed in Christianity as well.

>God?
since OP said LOGICAL I have to say no.

>to who?
Yourself.
>failure
>thinks making your family really sad is a good punishment and will even things out
FAILURE AMENDED

I'm a brainled, sorry. I thought you said there was a religious exclusivity for "logical" suicide reasons.

symptom of depression, if you want to die you probably have some sort of mental issue, unless you're trying to avoid a fate worse than death

Attached: failed_suicide.webm (320x180, 1.57M)

Haha well they believe it is logical and I didnt want to offend religious types.

Seems highly illogical to me spock

I also think you have to consider what drives people to suicide. If you live in the US I have always found it amazing that since 2012 you consistently have more American soldiers dieing of suicide than in combat.

Anyway as you were asking about "logical suicide"

Heres an article about someone who thought they had worked it all out:

>>independent.co.uk/news/brilliant-pupils-logical-suicide-1188778.html

No note? That's really suspicious.

>being a notefag
Why bother leaving a fucking note?

I'm suicidal because I have low functioning IQ. I have to live like this knowing that there's absolutely nothing out there that can fix me. I can't live a functional life I never had. My IQ's robbed of so many opportunities I could've pursued. I just want to die

>hurr durr I gotta share my thoughts and feelings with the world
Fuck off faggot

>"what are you doing on the weekend user?" "Probably what I normally do and commit fucking suicide"
Thanks for the giggle

If you have a crippling disease. It has to be a real one, not depression or anxiety or shit that's all in your head.

Think about it, if you're ready to die in a way you can treat life as if your were invincible. You wanna put on a mask and start beating up villains, or you know, dark people you can.

>'oh you never know life is gonna get better'
I've been hearing this bullshit for a third of a century...

And yet you made your comment.

No logical reason, unless of course you are already bound to die a torturous premature death, where there is no possible way to avoid the pain and your are imminently bound to die.

That being said, mental or social problems are not even close to being that kind of reason. As long as you have the potential to lessen the current amount of suffering you experience, then you have zero valid reason to kill yourself.

It isn't going to get better unless you take the steps to assert clear goals and objectives to make it better. Life doesn't hand you happiness on a silver platter. You have to work and suffer for it.

>when you're dead you can't perceive anything
this is just as much a belief as the afterlife is

Happiness isn't related to "muh hard work" at all you stupid fuck

Raping and impregnating a family member is something that warrants redemption by death

Yes but occam's razor. The one theory needs more fleshing out than the other

There are definitely logical reasons to kill yourself. A few have already been mentioned, impending torture, insurance payout, withering away from cancer and medical bills. While life is more than likely the only thing our conciousness will expeirence, that doesnt mean that ending it prematurely is objectively wrong.

For the longest time, i never understood why anyone would kill themselves. Temporary problem, permanent solution and all that. But in just the last 3 years, ive realized that ive lost interest in nearly everything that i used to enjoy. I have one hobby that i enjoy at the moment, and ive been engaging in it less these last few months. Im usually fine throughout the week while im busy working, but during the weekend, it hits me like a fucking freight train. I truely dont enjoy anything anymore, ill get random spurts of joy and happiness every once in a while that might last a day, but even those are getting less frequent. The only things keeping me going at this point are my families happiness, and not having the balls to kill myself.