It's common for american parents to literally kick their children out of the house as soon as they turn 18

>it's common for american parents to literally kick their children out of the house as soon as they turn 18

what the actual fuck is wrong with americans?

Attached: lt.jpg (647x480, 49K)

I know a guy who's 22, works full time, lives at home, and his parent force him to pay rent.
not a burgerclap btw

i don't get your point.

I'm 24 and live at home

Never seen this happen desu
It was more common in like the 70s when houses were affordable

Here in America we ideally don't want our kids to become turboNEETS, and forcing them to make their own way is a mostly effective way to do that. The problem comes when you get anomaly children like the losers on this board. Sorry Luigiposter, but it's frowned on for kids to live with their mommies until they're thirty in the US. Here we call it "failure to launch" and it's seen as shameful.

thats because your parents hate you, they want to keep that umbilical cord on for as long as possible so that you never know what its like to be independent and free from their controlling grasp.

Some of my friends where kicked out at 16

if a kid is naturally a loser it's always the parents fault. they did something during his childhood to make him that way.

Do you really believe that?
After a certain point it becomes the responsibility of the kid, don't you think?

I was but it's because my mom lives from disability income and I had a job. If I stayed with her, they would designate me as her caretaker and I would have to pay all of the bills.

>not coming out as trans and being beaten at age 7 and running away at age 17 to live in a van and then a homeless shelter and then a meth house

Attached: 401dd82cc685dd0b37fb54159de43a8e--sexy-vampire-vampire-anime-boy.jpg (236x317, 9K)

no. I don't. people are formed by their genetics and environment. just because you reach a certain arbitrary age changes nothing

If the parents raise the kid right, he/she will not only want to leave, but will have the skills to successfully attain independence. Most parents seem to be either winging things or have crazy/extremist beliefs.

But why should I care about social shame? I'm used to being an outcast anyways

For me it was genetics. I also don't care if I'm a loser because I see other people in the world and know they aren't worth impresding or even caring about my social status

They don't have the concept of a family home/estate because their houses are built from paper, wood and plaster and don't hold long; also because houses are too small and too expensive.

My family's house was built in the 1700s, is made of stone, has room to house 3 families in separate flats and is jointly owned by my father's generation (father, uncles and aunts). I currently live in one of the of the flats and contribute to the upkeep and utilites of our property because I'll inherit it some day. Nothing wrong with using what is yours.

Of course, if everybody just builds toy houses scarcely big enough for one family with shitty insulation and thin walls, you don't want any adult children fucking in the room next door while you're trying to read the paper.

If you don't have sex in your family home it's not an issue

wooden houses can last 100 years as long as its built properly. trouble is few remember how and those who do are expensive. also takes time. 100s of years ago they'd build things for centuries and now we can hardly wait a year.

Attached: lumber.jpg (1024x768, 148K)

Americans are just really selfish, you can't spell American without ME

We know when "kids" need to fend for themselves in the sea world.

>papier-mache and plywood is the same as wooden logs
Burger education

*uses flamethrower*

Gets better. not only do the parents never teach their kid anything, never encourage him to or teach him how to get a job, no guidance on worthwhile career or education path, no social skills, no life skills (cooking, cleaning, personal finance), but then they kick him out of threaten to make him pay rent anyway.
I started living with a friend at 17 and escaped off to college dorms at 20. Never had a jerb so no other choice.
American "parenting" is letting the schools and television take care of it for them. I have nothing but contempt for my parents, as I had to visit the school of hard knocks and learn everything the hard way. Joke's on them, though; learning how to learn is a skill in itself, and now I live in a nice city in an apartment they could never have afforded. I went through poverty and hell first, though.
Pretty much. Feels bad man. I feel sort of like a feral dog in comparison to yuuros.

People need a while to get on their feet, most of us are still in high school at 18 and have no money.

Like introducing me to technology at the age of 5.

how is he wrong? we are entirely shaped by our genetics, environment and childhood experiences. none of them are in our control.

>jointly owned by my father's generation (father, uncles and aunts).

>I'll inherit it some day.

Nice larping - next time please be consistent

people in other countries do it too