Who else /scared of death/?

who else /scared of death/?

Attached: 1480780364058.gif (500x281, 1.66M)

only when I want to live

That's better than being scared of death when you don't want to live.

Me, but only a bit.

I've had to face my mortality twice in the past few months because I'm a hypochondriac. I am not scared anymore.

What makes you so afraid of it user?
Personally I have the opposite problem, I am yearning for death, but there are two issues for me. I don't want to die violently, as in I'm scared of the pain, and I don't want to leave a mess for anyone related to me. I am insanely curious about what, if anything, happens to my consciousness after I die, since I am unable to experience the absence of consciousness, I can only experience regaining it after a short time loss.

I'm afraid of it but I've had the courage to try a few times.

All the humans that have been alive before you have faced death.
All the humans alive concurrently with you will face death.
Being scared of death is natural, yet death is inevitable.
Just think. Do you have any memories from before you were born? Any sense of self from before you were born?
That same "sensation" will be the same one you feel when you die.
The same "sensation" felt by billions of people before you, and one that will be felt by billions after.

Death is the ultimate sense of belonging.

Death yeah, but more so the dying part.

Easier to cope when I think of it this way:
The only alternative to dying at some point is living forever, and I encourage you to really think about wether that's something you want or not, because forever is a long time.

Ideally we'd get to live well, for as long as we choose, then pass away peacefully. Gotta be a lucky fucker to get that kind of existence though.

I'm not really scared of death. I'm scared that I don't have enough time. I want to die on my own terms, not when my body breaks down and fails at age 80 or so.

Im scared of it but i also want it

I'm not scared of death. I'm scared of not having lived.

This. True robots don't fear death, but life.

Many "le deepfags" in this thread. Take this tryhard deep blog length shit to /lit/ or reddit fags.

Jow Forums has been a pseudophilosophy board for awhile newfig

Same for me. I'm scared of dying a painful death, but not death itself.
When I feel optimistic, I think of an happy afterlife. In reality, I'm sure it's just a loss of consciousness, a state infinite blackout.
Sometimes I think interesting things like after I day, I wake up as someone completely different, as in a completely different consciousness. But I guess that wouldn't be me per say. But I would still be alive or experiencing life. Does that make sense?

>newfig
>calling others newfag
Found the newfag

Being afraid of death makes you a pussy, people are meant to die whether they like it or not.

Attached: 1511958669161.jpg (700x694, 63K)

Not scared, its probably just like a deep sleep.

Even though I haven't been a Christian in a long time, the idea that it might be Hell still creeps up on/scares me.

Like, life is pointlessly brutal and cruel, so couldn't the afterlife be too?

I personally face it every night when it was only once a year before.

At least hell is something.

Not scared of being dead but the transition from life to death scares me a bit.

Hope i die in my sleep but i probably will die from some fucking painful cancer.

you're already in hell, nigga.

My ideal death scenario has been when I die I can watch over my life and edit it like a movie into as many separate parts as I want then put those away beside others and be reincarnated as someone else and repeat the cycle I'm catholic but sometimes the concept of "eternal life" is as terrifying as total non existence I just hope I'm not scared when I pass

I'm only afraid of death when I actually start living instead of just surviving.

I have the opposite experience. When I'm living I feel so happy that I want to die right now and preserve it forever. When I'm just surviving death seems hauntingly meaningless

I hope humanity reaches singularity before I die.

Attached: 1493658978961.jpg (900x600, 95K)

Damn you sound just like me.

I'm only afraid of death because I'm alive, once I'm dead it won't matter anymore. I sometime think about the infinite time of being dead and never coming back, but once I'm dead time might as well stop. I still get a sick feeling when thinking about nonexistence and an infinite darkness. But there is also a freeing feeling, I will be free of this human form and it wants and desires.

>Just think. Do you have any memories from before you were born? Any sense of self from before you were born?
>That same "sensation" will be the same one you feel when you die.

you do realize that this is what makes it terrifying, right?

some of you people are fucking retarded and cringe it hurts. every human is afraid of death unless they are missing a chunk of their brain , there is a difference between that and caring less and putting yourself in dangerous situations

>being scared of one of the greatest things

Attached: 1343257686.jpg (1479x2200, 525K)

death is nothing. with nothing comes no suffering. Life is the truly scary part. I feel like how we are going to die is more scary than death.

Yeah the dissolution of all of the barriers that you thought were real and important spoops me the fuck out
I imagine the process of dying is like suddenly entering some painful vr world where the rules are different from what you've known your whole life. Then you die.

It's just like waking up from a dream.

i'm pretty suicidal but i get scared thinking about what would happen if i failed to die. what the transition from life to death would be like if it was abruptly interrupted or didn't succeed. if i would be vegetablised or left in extreme agony, or worse both. the fear of failing to die is what keeps me from attempting suicide