Oldfags opinions on this?

I houseshare with people as a student, and one is a 27yo guy who plays videogames up to 2 pretty much daily, sleeps through the day and doesn't really do anything in general.

Would he be classed as a "failure" by older people?

Attached: k.jpg (800x450, 17K)

Yes

I mean I play videogames also till late at night sometimes but on the other side I have my own company and happy married.

27 here. I play video games every other day and work two jobs.

Yes. I know because I am exactly like him.

t-t-thanks

It's really getting annoying since he shouts as well. Because the rest of us are teenagers it seems pretty "normal" so I can't tell if he's a manchild or not/I'm being unreasonable telling him to keep the noise down

No problem with videogames, it's the going to be bead at 2, sleeping through the day and doing this every single day

Hey, if he can pull off not working and just playing games, that's a success in my book. Must be pretty wealthy. I knew a guy like that, actually. Did really well when a dot-com cashed out, so why not fuck around for a few years?

Maybe I made it unclear, he's a student like the rest of us with no savings

Does he go to his classes?

>no savings
How do you know? If he's 27, he could have savings actually. How does he manage to pay his bills then?

Exactly my point. He must be doing something right.

Very rarely, I have no idea how well he's doing

It's came up a few times e.g. waiting for next student loan to come in to buy a gtx 1060

That implies to me he's got no more than $1k, he's paying using student loans

I have already shared a couple of houses while at uni(24yo) I like to shout too and I have lived with people who does this too. Just tell him to be a little more quiet.

>be me
>39yo
>not worried about whether so-and-so is a failure
I'm kinda busy living my own life, friend.

Going on this alone, yes.

You should hold him to the same standard as everyone else. His age has nothing to do with it

Well sounds like hes a failure if he doesn't even go to classes then. If you aren't even trying especially at that age then there is nothing else you can be labeled as.

Yes he also sounds depressed

I really hope this is a roleplaying thread desu lads

Then he's really fucking himself up, honestly. Student loans are horrible and it's almost like the most weakminded of people believe it to be free money.

>Yes he also sounds depressed
this