Being a Millennial is funny (I was born in 94, so if the cutoff is 96 then I'm a late Millennial)

Being a Millennial is funny (I was born in 94, so if the cutoff is 96 then I'm a late Millennial).

We were certainly there at the start of the "pussification" of children, but at the same time, we were the last generation to experience the last pings of a "traditional" outdoorsy childhood. While kids did have Internet in the early 2000s, it was dial up, so we moderated most of our time with outdoor activities, and there was still a sense of wonder and exploration to the world. We also caught the last kids media to have the "balls" of adult media, like Osmosis Jones, Prince of egypt, Samurai Jack, The animatrix, etc.

Whereas now everything is so over-connected that the wonder is gone. Gen Z will mostly know only a post-2005 childhood, in the world of mobile apps, Youtube shows, the Wii, minions, Johnny test, Hannah montana, and Steven tranny universe. The rise of smartphones and social media in the late 2000s arguably "pussyfied" the lifestyles of kids. I mean kids were already getting pussified/coddled by the late 90s, but around 2006/2007 it just accelerated.

Attached: 1501550490595.jpg (1200x900, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCa7tKiCMN4
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well to be fair being "pussified" (Growing familiarity with using technology and organized activities rather than playing in the dirt) is more useful in a modern society. '95 here but I didn't play outside because there were no kids in my neighborhood. Maybe why I was top in my school for reading? I was able to play football and get my dick wet like the rest of them and don't regret my childhood at all beyond not learning a language earlier.

I wish I was gen z. Things are looking up for them but millennials got the short end of the stick.

literally me as a girl

Why cant people agree on the cut off?
It is widely sourced that 1995 is optimal, but contrarians go as far as to be meticulous and give out odd numbers like 96 or 97.
There is even the argument that the dawn of the new millennium is the cut off for millennials, but that would force similar people into different generations.

All I want in life is for some late Millennial or early Gen-Z'er to marry me and suck my dick every morning, preferably while wearing a choker.
FUCK.

Attached: 1363226065721.jpg (320x316, 36K)

uh, no, gen z is even more fucked than millennials are.

If you don't remember 9/11, you're Gen Z.

If you were born in the late 80's or 90's, you were born long after the complete pussification of childhood had already occurred.

you and me both, laddy

the pussification of childhood came after 95, that seems where most of the problems are.

>While kids did have Internet in the early 2000s, it was dial up, so we moderated most of our time with outdoor activiti
Not me normie, I spent my time playing online games in my toom.

I'm Gen Z, but I got to experience a "traditional" outdoorsy childhood, as you call it.

Not a single bit of what used to exist seems to exist anymore. Sometimes I get to see some pre-teens and teenagers playing hockey on the road, but even that's rare. It fucking sucks desu.

None of that exists anymore. Last good Halloween I experienced was in 2nd grade, because the streets have been virtually dead every Halloween after that, and I've lived in the suburbs for my entire life, where it's pretty warm for a good part of the year (Southern Ontario). Even seeing kids playing outside in large groups is so fucking rare.

Attached: 1497030007835.png (808x805, 236K)

>the pussification of childhood came after 95

Nope. It was a long process that was ongoing for decades, but it accelerated from the late 80's onward.

the early 90s had ren and stimpy so it wasn't completely pussified

People were getting pussified before the mid 90s. I'm a '93 baby and alot of the people older than me are completely passive bots, they're happy to go home, drink a bit and watch the latest normie show/sports game. They follow whatever the safe trend in politics is and don't ever question authority (unless they fit in while doing so).

I would absolutely agree that my generation is fucked, but to say millennials are the worst generation is bullshit, Gen Xers are literal whos that are dying off in record numbers from depression and shit. Gen Z is completely fucked, they have no clue of what life is like outside their phone/computer screen. My neighborhood used to be very lively after school in the late 90s up to about 2010ish, people were outside playing street hockey, or basketball, football, and just generally having fun outside. Now it's so fucking quiet outside, kids are huddled around their phones watching retarded vine compilations smoking some weed and upboating funny posts on reddit.

mom wouldn't let me watch Ren & Stimpy

Attached: headshot[1].jpg (766x512, 52K)

No, not as bad as today, but a child who was born in the 1995 likely had a much, much more pussified childhood than one born in 1980.

honestly ren and stimpy was a pretty fucked up show for a kid to watch

Yeah when I was i school if you spent a lot of time on the computer people used to "omg get a life"
I haven't heard anybody say that in ages.
It still didn't stop me from being a shut in though.

Mom wouldn't let me watch anything from cartoon network and some nickelodeon stuff like R&S or Rocco's modern life. Couldn't watch pg-13 movies until I was like 15

Attached: 1390111734413.png (219x251, 109K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oCa7tKiCMN4

i wonder why

holy shit dweeb alert DWEEB ALERT

Attached: 648735421.jpg (650x366, 42K)

we're not supposed to be so common though

it's supposed to be a handful of us weirdos and then everyone else is normal

just ain't right

>I was born in 94

You're just as mentally ill as the average gen z, you're delusional (see mentally ill)

I used to be a dweeb, now I'm just a regular loser

Attached: 1512186103539.png (636x720, 345K)

>born in 85
>walked to school alone every day
>no internet until late 90's
>no TV on weekdays and only 1/2 hour on weekend days
>no cell phone until in 20's and even then no smartphone until two years ago
>parents basically just turned me loose outside after school and on weekends
>abandoned farm behind house w/ dilapidated farm house, rusty farm equipment, and barns we would play in all day unsupervised
>all the neighborhood boys built forts in the woods and shot each other with sling shots/threw home-made spears/beat each other with sticks
>took a pocketknife to school every day and it was no big deal
>would go out and collect all kinds of bugs and animals. regularly got bit/stung.
>played with toy guns with no orange caps
>went out alone on Halloween and didn't come back until 10 or later. parents didn't check candy.
>spanking or belting was still a common punishment
>kids would call each other "retarded", "fag", draw swastikas on things etc. and were just told not to do it. It wasn't a huge deal.
>Would regularly draw ultra-violent comics in grade school and share them with class. Teachers didn't see this as an issue.

>Osmosis Jones
Seriously? That shit sucked. Of all the media of the time you chose that? Stopped reading there.

Attached: throwpillow,zoom,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg (750x1000, 84K)

genxers are nowhere near the levels of millennials

Gen Z here also. Grew up with a small bit of traditional outdoor childhood, but it died quickly off and you cannot find it anywhere anymore

He still would have had a childhood without smartphones and twitter, not so bad.

i'm 97 here OP. as accurate as 95 is for the cutoff, it does extend to 97 or even 98 sometimes depending on the kid's financial situation growing up. i was really outdoorsy, more so than my brother who is 95. sure i probably played runescape around 2005, but i didn't have social media or a gaming addiction until like 2011. my parents didnt even let me get a ps2 until like 5th grade when i was like 11. didn't have a smartphone til i was like 15. now every 6 year old is playing angry birds on their own ipad

>i'm 97 here OP. as accurate as 95 is for the cutoff, it does extend to 97 or even 98 sometimes

bullshit

I'm not here to debate the cutoff, but I'm 97 and didn't get a very outdoorsy childhood mostly because I lived in a burgeoning suburbia where there wasn't much nature around anymore

our country is gone friend

I'm a Gen Z 99' but I was in a family of 4 siblings. My god I was lucky, the world was truly different 10 years ago.

Anyone who grew up 10-20 years ago who thinks that things werent already pussified by then is laughably delusional

This has not much to do with pussyfication but more with the unchecked consumerism that has run rampant in the west for the last 10-20 years. It's not important anymore what you do, it's important what you consume so you can get a few good boy points in your respective social group that only exists online via social media.

I would say 1996 is the cutoff because of 9/11 memories. This article goes into great detail why 1996 was chosen as the cutoff:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

When did it die for your neighborhood? 2006/2007 I'm guessing?

94 too. I grew up without tv or Internet because of some hippy dippy alternative school I went to. no one else there grew up with it either. we played in the woods and rough housed and beat eachother up. and enjoyed it. people my age are so obviously and thoroughly domesticated it's honestly surreal being around them.

A bit later than that. Decline became most apparent in 2009. Things were completely dead by 2012.

Are you fucking dense? There was a study done recently proving the opposite of what you are saying. Stop being an out-of-it.

>There was a study done recently proving the opposite of what you are saying
Look outside for yourself you fucking idiot

Get in line behind tyrone Chad and me

I wouldnt mind so much if the internet didnt get fucked as well.

I was always an outcast so coming to the internet was my social life. But once Web 1.0 died the internet went to utter shit. I miss old forums and the general niche of the old internet, nowadays normies are fucking everywhere.

Attached: frog meme.png (1106x1012, 625K)

soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/last-of-the-great-outlaws

Attached: download (3).jpg (225x225, 4K)

I was born in 2000. I had a nice childhoos, but I was about 3 years into the beginning of pussification of things. I had a facebook at 12. kinda makes me sad. My favorite thing to do as a child was to play in a dirt pile and make dams, and little towns. which i promptly destroyed with the garden hose. One of the memories I had while my stepdad was in the house beating my mom all the time :)

Attached: kiddo.png (300x250, 29K)

Born in '94 and wish I could have enjoyed all that the 90's had to offer. I do miss the hell out of the early internet back when there was a forum/website for everything rather than a handful of huge websites housing everything. Experiencing pokemania/yugioh etc as a kid in the late 90's/very early 2000's was great though.

You read my mind. What year were you born? Because I feel the internet was best in the late 90s and early 00s