/uni/ thread: Middle of the Week edition

How's the week going for you guys? Making good grades, right? Meet any cute girls?

For me.

>meet grill last semester in chem class
>work with her often
>both have chem together again this semester
>end up spending hours with her on some days
>slowly start to like her
>dick gets hard whenever she playfully touches me
>already has a boyfriend who is a sophomore in high school
>tfw no gf

Attached: 1503958619743.jpg (209x250, 7K)

>friend says a girl in my faculty likes me, i sperg and say "probably a stacie"
>he drops it, but it got me thinking
>only girl he talked to afaik is a qt (likely still virgin) he had as a lab partner once
>i kinda like her but i'm too autistic to just bring it up again or talk to her
>end of the term approaching
next term r-right?

Attached: 1510118525202.png (1016x1266, 767K)

Starting uni in September. I'm so fucking done with high school.

I just want uni to begin

I'm just dragging myself along.
Any other robots at UTD? I'm transfering to there from Collins College.
How is UTD? (Engineering)

Holy shit are you in for a rude awakening my dear user.

Attached: 1491077209349.gif (261x199, 305K)

I know. I just don't want to be bothered with my bullshit writing class anymore. All I want to do is study math

Attached: 1512520624650.jpg (316x311, 42K)

Can anyone please explain to me how student loans work?

I currently am in community college. I've shored up enough credits to transfer into the University of my choosing while confirming I'll transfer in as a full Junior.

My credit score is 720, I've got $10,000 saved, and by the 2nd semester of my Junior year I'll live on my own.

What, exactly, am I looking at with student loans? A distant worry that only comes into effect when I graduate? Do I start making payments immediately as I'm enrolled?
Do I take out loans per semester or for all the classes I'll take over 2 years?
Are they just for tuition, or can I use the loans for books, housing, food, ect?
I intend on going to school fulltime and working fulltime, a schedule I've done my entire college career until now.

Attached: 1522385330068.gif (320x270, 136K)

Also relevant, I have no debt. I've paid for community college entirely through scholarships.

Attached: 1516411678658.gif (310x266, 132K)

>fourth year phi major his minor
>got high all semester and now scrambling, had to drop a class bc of it
>love a lot of the material i'm covering
>no professional prospects due to this degree

yet somehow everything is ok
i don't want some boring bullshit to have to spend my time and effort on
wew

Good choice my friend, make sure you choose something practical though. For example, a lot of good math related careers are heavily based on statistics, so that's usually a good path to choose. I'm personally majoring in Actuarial mathematics.

I'm taking the pure math route, but I'll be sure to take statistics or comp sci courses alongside

Attached: peano-axioms.jpg (817x345, 21K)

Is it possible to send energy to a girl in class using your mind to let her know that you like her? Pheromones or some shit?

Attached: 1353290783404.jpg (500x500, 113K)

Sound waves are a very effective method of doing just that.

she's a pedo report her to the authorities

>have two weeks off
>it's now a week and a half into the break
>not written a single word
>the only girl who I actually have a chance of getting with will be my housemate next year so better not shit where i eat
>one of my best mates tried to kill himself this week, which is great

Sound waves? Like talking? With my actual voice? That's a no. I want to communicate with her subconsciously so she'll approach me first.

Attached: uhh dude.png (158x262, 64K)

I got a 58% on a test worth 50% of my grade so I'm alright since its likely going to be curved. The highest I can get though is still a C, which seems like bullshit because the mean of the class was 62%. I guess no grad school for me, finance is harder than I thought.

>already has a boyfriend who is a sophomore in high school
What? Wouldn't that be illegal since hes underage? I guess nobody would care if he looked older. I second what says. Get her reported and when she gets arrested and put on the list swoop in and take her since she'll be an outcast.

Attached: 1503682737241.jpg (945x1500, 154K)

>one C means you won't get into grad school

don't be overdramatic, my dude

Attached: 1522578420328.gif (726x400, 1.13M)

I'm an attorney who half-assed my way through college and law school.

Ya'll can do it too

Attached: 1473744259104.png (729x537, 52K)

do you consider yourself a good attorney

No, I'm awful.

I am making money and getting better for what its worth.

Attached: aBwrFrj.jpg (596x628, 94K)

He's 15 and she's 18. The age gap isn't bad but he can't consent to sex legally.

>implying I dont have many Cs already
I have a 2.85 GPA I think right now and I've got 3 semesters left. I guess its still do-able but as time goes on I care less and less.

>tfw some literal kid is getting more college pussy than you

Attached: 1464305706937.jpg (1059x962, 281K)

i re started uni this week, i had classes yesterday and will have some more tomorrow, god i hate that place so much, everything has to be about politics in the uni in here, i just want to learn something not talk about politics, but i want my degree so i will put my head down and play sudoku in class or something and it will be over in a couple of years

I talked to 4 girls(not that much of an accomplishment since I am one)
One was a meh dumb normie
Two seemed ok and one seemed cool, very skinny also

Go for her dude. You would be doing a favor for you, her, and her underage boyfriend if you get her.

School is on strike for the 5th week, God please just let it end already.

>the gf of two years who broke up with me recently just admitted she did it because she started seeing someone else while we were in the relationship
>Inb4 normie

I'm just fucking mad. Why do bitches have to lie and sneak around about this shit. I should have expected it. A bitch is a bitch is a bitch. I have learned my lesson.

>got my grade back from my metaphysics essay
>high 2:2
>cue disappointment

Attached: 1522900826111.jpg (480x480, 52K)

> Average for mid-term was 50%
> No marking up

Why do professors do this?

>have all the instructions and equations down before a lab
>normalfag partners run circles around you, set up the equipment and calculate faster than you
>barely get a word in and become the third wheel/weakest link
How do I stop this?

Attached: 1522179295722.jpg (645x773, 141K)

Would likely fall under a Romeo and Juliet statute in most states, i.e. what she is doing is legal.

I half assed my way through an electrical engineering bachelors

>have to start writing take-home exam soon
>it's due by the 23rd
>also have in-class exam coming up in a little less than 3 weeks
fugg :DDDD

Attached: pissed off gondolas beat spurdo retard.jpg (604x437, 38K)

I had allergic reactions just before exams so fuck me haha

>3 group projects left before the end of the semester
I wouldnt mind dying in my sleep tonight.

It's been a while since I did undergrad loan stuff but I can answer some of this. You won't need to start paying until you graduate, but the loans will start accruing interest as soon as you take them out. In my case, I applied for aid for each semester (fall and spring/summer). In my case, the leftover money from my loans was refunded back to me and I could spend it on whatever. For me, it was usually enough for textbooks and some basic necessities.

The work/school thing works for some people but not for others. If it's worked so far, you might as well not stop. Sometimes there's a jump in academic difficulty or rigor between community college and "regular" college so be prepared for that possibility.

Google the FAFSA website, the government has a lot of answers for you about loan stuff there. Obviously it's better to do the gov't loans than private ones at bad rates. If you still need more info, contact the financial aid department at whatever school you end up going to. They should be able to set you straight pretty quickly, since they want you to take out loans from the government to pay them.

I hope your time in college is less shitty than mine was.

Attached: e8159408.jpg (596x589, 34K)

>tfw you can relate to this
>take the time to read instructions and everything the day before the lab so I'm prepared for it
>still end up being slow and sometimes clueless during the actual lab
is there even a way to solve this?

Attached: patrick dumb hammer.jpg (266x394, 16K)

I got through most of my civil engineering degree mooching off of others in group assignments and rote learning answers from Chegg for mid-terms and exams

I didn't learn shit all

Experience, experience, experience. I suppose you guys talk about chem or phys lab? I guess it doesn't matter. from the sound of it you are in early semesters. Once you have one of the harder and larger lab projects shit will start coming to you naturally.

When you write down your shit, do you actually plan out in your head what has to be done the moment you enter the lab? If you don't, try that. plan on what should be done first, which things could be done simultaneously. When I was still doing lab in groups where everyone was assigned the same project, we would plan out who would go pick up the necessary chemicals, who would start building the necessary setups and so on and so forth. that was really effective.

Almost done first year. Haven't made a single friend that's a girl.

I just don't know how to put myself into a situation where I could safely talk to one.
I have 2 Chad friends that took a Robot to a club and girl grabbed and squeezed my face. I ran away like a pussy.

Attached: 1522009630148.jpg (237x349, 27K)

Last semester and I haven't made any friends. In fact I've been keeping count of the times I've had a conversation with people in class and it finally reached double digits this week. After 4 years.

So far so good
>math teacher let me redo a test I got a 57% on and ended up with a 89%
>My partner and I finished a group project together and presented it after the other two who were supposed to be my partners dropped out
>I got my rifle
It's been good so far.

>let you redo a test
Man how'd you wrangle that? Were you ill?

I am a nice guy so my friend invited me to their friend zone.

They can see through me so easily.
They know I'm shy
They know I'm scared
They know I'm a virgin
They know I have no other friends

Attached: 651235656128754312.jpg (1200x800, 51K)

I just told her I had a hard time doing it. It was a takehome test and I told her I didnt have access to the book or notes because I was out of the country at the time.

>tfw 3 days left in mid-semester break, need to watch something like 8 lectures to catch up
>need to start researching my essay and group project topics, as well as revise the barely comprehensible lectures and memorize literally all of it
>haven't done anything except watch anime, go to the gym and play games for 10 days
Fuuuuuuuck

>procrastinate over midsemester break so hard I need an extension for a self study assignment
>prepare my best excuses to persuade the course coordinator
>turns out a girl had beaten me to it by 15 minutes and broke down crying in his office and he gave everyone an extra week
feelsgoodman

>tfw failing and I know I won't make it trough this shit
>still haven't dropped out

Attached: 1522902234308.gif (206x176, 370K)

>tfw everything is going well
5 weeks left lads. Let's hope it all works out.

Attached: 1522090410205.jpg (700x616, 173K)

>for the next year or so all I have to do is write my thesis
>literally have no reason to go to uni anymore
>sit at home all day with a fucked up sleep pattern drinking too much alcohol

this isn't gonna help the depression lads

I wish I had friends and hobbies

Attached: 1456667320555.png (1080x1080, 1.37M)

>3 days left in mid-semester break

australian detected, what uni and degree?

>tfw don't fit in with the private school kids but don't fit in with the international students

UWA anatomy and physiology

>post in thread
>it dies

>post isn't oc

HOLY SHIT RETARD
YOU'RE RUINING /UNI/ GENERALS.

THE FILE YOU ATTACH NEEDS TO HAVE THE WORD /UNI/ ON IT SO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO READ YOUR BULLSHIT TEXT TO SEE WHAT IT IS. FUCKKKKKK

t. Founder of Uni generals

>at uni
>sit alone
>group of students next to me
>teacher selected recommended exercises from the book
>one guy in group says, "wonder if you do all exercises maybe you'll get better at this"(identical to this)
>other guy says "I don't have time to do the ones that teacher selected, what kind of no lifer does them all"
>everyone laughs
>tfw two chapters ahead of class, done all the exercises and even read chapters/sections that aren't part of the course

Attached: 1501402745660.jpg (804x802, 85K)

What? I just searched for "uni" is catalog and it was fine.

>I STARTED MAKING THESE GENERALS
Fuck off retard. What next? Gonna get a trip?

I wish I had your motivation.

You should take out as much loan as possible and put it in a savings account. As soon as you graduate, start paying, but always pay the minimum. This way you minimize expenses and even make some side cash perhaps. But be warned, once you better find a job BEFORE you graduate.

NOOOOOOOOOO
I finally came home during easter to kms but my father just decided to put away his gun somewhere. Is hanging a viable plan B?

The real question is you took undergrad research internships. If not, you better try now. You're not very likely to make it given your grades though. Honestly no clue how you could get such low grades, especially as a non-normalfag.

Short answer is that you shouldn't/it doesn't matter.
If you like a topic, you'll inherently be able to absorb it very quickly, and to perform the necessary operations at a much faster rate than your peers. Also you can't force yourself to like a topic you don't like, although on the other hand, a shit teacher can ruin a great topic.

No. Try gas or pills.

>12 weeks left
>/spinningoutofcontrol/

Attached: 1513434596771.jpg (645x773, 47K)

>you break your sleep cycle again
>you skip your first class again
>you don't do your first non mandatory but still graded assignment
Oh god I don't want another year of this

Do you like what you study?
For me its a mix of liking the subject and being overly competitive even if the opposition doesn't know that I'm wining I have to be better. I hate myself for this "competitiveness" sometimes, almost feels like it's on autistic levels. It's one of the reasons I don't play multiplayer games because if I'm bad at the game and lose I'm definitely not having fun, if I'm too good I'm not having fun either because then it's too easy.

>start dating girl at the same time I begin going to University
>everything has been perfect for the past 7 months, never been happier with a girl
>both do drugs and have established boundaries around them
>she goes to a party with her friends the other day
>tells me she is going on a 3 day binge
>almost overdoses (tells me via text)
>tells me she wants to meet up with her ex and do MDMA
>her explanation after was that she was the onl person he knew that knew about drugs
>tell her if she does that I will break up with her
>she breaks up with me
>wake up day after breakup
>start and finish assignment due in today
>take LSD and enjoy the sun

What's your life like user?

Attached: Pepe.png (378x357, 81K)

>junkies
Not even once.

>about to fail physical chemistry
>can't retake it until next spring
>graduation put back a year further because of it
>3 years of college so far with possibly 4 left
>all for a bachelor's
>anxiety and stress too great, terrified of talking to people, have made no friends
>can't afford a car so i have to walk everywhere and freeze to death

if my tuition wasn't waived i would end myself.

at least in a few weeks i'll have to start working a fast food or retail job since i'm too shit to get an internship, and anxiety will make that just as stressful.

Attached: IMG_20180402_102616_01.jpg (603x550, 27K)

I haven't spoken to someone that wasn't a lecturer in office hours or a cashier in 2 months.

Fuck off normalnigger. Holy shit why are you invading our board. Commit suicide anytime. Fucking subhuman.

Got me beat. On my gap I didn't talk to anyone that wasn't my boss or my parents for a year.
Been here longer than you cuckold.

>cuckold
I joined Jow Forums during Trump's election as well bro, don't mess with me.

>>>/anywherebuthere/

>taking online course
>all it has is me writing paragraphs over units throughout the semester
>think it's no big deal
>when checking in for another class I see there's an alert
>says Quiz #3
>apparently I've missed two quizzes and only have one more after this
>quiz was going to delete itself in an hour and would be counted as passed due
>paniced and took it on the spot
>66/96 score
>mfw there's apparently one other quiz after this and then it's done
>check the syllubus and there's no mention of quizzes anywhere

holy shit I am so fucked

I hope you like doing two years of pointless general classes, user!

>Skipped all the tutorials for a class that were apparently important for a project that's due at the end of the month.
I don't know why I do this to myself.

Attached: big think.png (499x450, 262K)

Have to do seek out a project for a bachelor. Mail a teacher that I am interested in their project.
>Don't get a response...
Why does this always happen? It's like the third time they don't respond.

>senior thesis due in 32 hours
>13 pages left to right
>it physically hurts to write anything down
>something fucky is going on with my left ear
Dear God this is the last thing I need to do and them I'm fucking out of here. Give me my useless degree so i can go work in the local factory already. Can't believe I've wasted 4 years on this.

Attached: 1459301295849.jpg (1280x960, 145K)

>right
jesus just kill me

A lot of profs are nigger-tier. Usually the nigger-tier profs also happened to reach their position through no talent of their own, but rather manipulation, lies, subterfuge, theft and backstabbing.
At the same time, they act hyper-important, like they're the only ones who matter in the world and everyone else must bow to them and suck their cock constantly. And god have mercy on you if you don't, they'll make sure all hell breaks loose to fuck you over.
Then again it's also possible they're currently attending conferences and don't have the time to respond.

>8am class
>10am class
>1pm class
>finish 1pm class at 2:30
>rush my ass over to work
>wageslave from 3 to 10:15
>about to leave for the 10am class and i'm already exhausted because i couldn't sleep last night

I'm thinking of today as atonement for my sins. I haven't been studying enough and i've been drinking too much. If I can get through today, God will forgive me.

Wish me luck

Attached: AAAAHHHH.jpg (125x107, 4K)

What is the normal response time for a prof? The deadline is approaching fast...

Just counting down the days until summer break, my friend.

I honestly have never felt less motivated to attend classes, even though I'm only taking four this semester (took one less to give myself more time for the job I never got around to applying for). Yesterday was my first day back from spring break and it nearly broke me. Seeing so many fucking normies scattering around after my week in seclusion was awful. Also have a few papers due in a couple of weeks that you were supposed to work on throughout the semester that I already know I'll be starting and finishing the day before they're due.

Attached: 1513221296456.jpg (500x238, 15K)

Taking physical chemistry too. My instructor makes the tests a joke if you study and allows you to get points back so it's an easy A if you put effort in. If he wanted to he could make the class fucking impossible as the content is very abstract and fairly difficult.
Absolutely hate the class though and have everything I have learned I just forgot after the test because no final.

The job search is a thousand times worse than uni ever was.

Attached: tiresome.jpg (492x449, 48K)

>filling out application
>"You must list all past work experiences and references, don't put 'see resume'"
>fill all that shit in
>get to end of application
>"Please attach your resume and references here"
WHY DO I HAVE TO TYPE ALL THIS SHIT OUT WHEN I JUST ATRACH A RESUME WITH THE SAME INFORMATION AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anyways
>apply for 50 jobs so far
>rejected or no call back from 49
>the 1 job I got placed in a "talent pool" for is a local ceramics plant
Well, here I come 12 hour shifts

Attached: 1522899463498.jpg (1150x1080, 76K)

No matter how much effort I put into studying, I'm too much of a brainlet to get my assignments done. Why even am I in uni in the first place when I have no motivation or intent to ever graduate and would rather wageslave at some menial part-time job and drink my days away.

Attached: 10449004_1611950002374391_804577967_n.jpg (480x480, 33K)

Decent grades not a chad so obviously no females

I've finished the first draft of my dissertation a month before it's due, but it doesn't look pretty. I've tried to do job searching at nights but it's hard enough to motivate myself, let alone find anything. I've been raised to follow the system my entire life and encouraged to stay indoors by my mother from boyhood, and I've lost all my ambition, friends, hopes and individual drive because of it. Just two exams left now. I'm frightened.
> tfw history student

Attached: 14787070-10154666572052628-1560086766-o-768x1024.jpg (768x1024, 125K)

Worst week of the semester by far

>finished a 7 page essay
>one (1) week to start and complete an 8-10 page final paper
>so I can get a start on another 10 page final paper
>before I have to study for finals
j-just gotta make it through the last couple of weeks

Our professor has never taught before and he's fresh off the boat from Bulgaria, offers no extra credit and all the questions are conceptual and explanation of derivations and like 1 actual math problem.

Attached: IMG_20180402_102621_01.png (500x500, 387K)

good for you, user. Don't let them tell you otherwise

What kind of byllshite Institution do you go to?
Mention it to the professor and make sure that you've been attending all the time.

God bless my dear Brother. Do what's right. Study and lay off the booze

What happened user, Care to share?
Everything will be alrighty my friend :)

it's 6pm and I am bored as shit. cant go to the gym tonight and I have nothing to study for now. I'm lonely as shit.
I think I'm gonna smoke weed, drink wine, take xanax and watch some films.
I fucking hate this.

Attached: 1505990882557.jpg (331x331, 20K)

>doing group project by myself
>would be fine if I wasn't a brainlet
>you can post about needing a partner on the class page
>would rather die than do that
the life of a loner retard, cannot wait for death

Attached: 1521086764133.png (817x443, 34K)

>>already has a boyfriend who is a sophomore in high school
Lmao. What kind of faggot are you to not being able to compete with a high school student (all of them are faggots, even the chad ones). Either she wants you to take initiative or you're a huge fag