I don't know anything about dogs, but I watched a friend's Chihuahua mix for a few days and decided I want a dog...

I don't know anything about dogs, but I watched a friend's Chihuahua mix for a few days and decided I want a dog. It's nice to have another living thing around. Should I get one of these doggos?

Attached: Screenshot_20180405-141303.jpg (1439x2419, 964K)

Don't be an idiot faggot, go to your local shelter and adopt a doggo

No, I want a puppy not an old dog that doesn't want to be touched because people let their kids beat it.

There's puppies at the shelters, you know. At least where I live there are. Most of them are trained too.

It would be good for you to have a pet. But if you keep it inside be prepared not to sleep for a few months.

If you want a puppy get a puppy, just get it from a shelter instead of buying an inbred dog like a retard
These trips compel you

No. Don't justify designer breeds by buying one. Either get a puppy from the shelter or buy from a reputable purebred breeder.

the fuck is this? You're saying make sure to get one at a legit breeder, but you're also saying go to a shelter? What are the chances you'll find a healthy, non-inbred, non-retarded dog at a shelter? Genuinly interested, im just wondering. And i suppose it's cheaper getting a dog at a shelter?

Yeah, no breeders are charging like $2,000 for a dog.

Because buying a shelter dog doesn't encourage byb to keep shitting out poorly bred dogs. Yeah, you might get a dog with poor genes, but at least you're not directly contributing to more shit gene dogs being made.

You're apart of the problem. A purebred dachshund or chihuahua doesn't cost $2,000, you mong. And if you're so concerned about money that you would only spend $180 on a pup, then you shouldn't get one.

this user is claiming a legit breeder charges 2K usd for a dog, let's say you have that kind of money to spend, why would you choose a shelter dog over that? I guess if you feel sorry for the dogs, then that would be a really nice thing to do, but other than that, i can't think of a reason to get a shelter dog.

Why do you even care where OP gets a dog from? His money his preference.

If you're beimg a moral fag and making OP look like a bad guy for not picking up someone else's mess (the dog) you're just a fucking idiot. Getting a dog from a shelter wont make you a "hero" nor will it make a difference

Attached: image.jpg (502x503, 43K)

I would always get a well-bred purebred dog over a shelter dog. But if you can't afford one (most breeds don't cost 2k btw), then it's better to get a shelter dog because at least you're saving it's life and aren't contributing to byb.

Oh fuck wrong person. This is meant for the normies sayimg to get damaged goods

Attached: 153580b8.png (349x371, 110K)

did you miss the part about me saying im trying to learn, im not trying to make anyone look like anything.
ah see this is what i wanted to hear, alright that makes sense, cool.

ah that's okay then, but i still think it would be a good deed to get a shelter dog, at the end of the day, you are saving a life, aren't you?

Fuck shelters. They are okay if you want pit bulls and other non desirable mutts but if you want anything resembling a true breed of dog, that isnt innately aggressive, and is younger than a year old, you probably should look at back yard breeders. Pro tip: if you are looking at a puppy, you can go to the breeders and see the parents usually, or at least inspect the pup before committing. If you are not retarded, you should be able to spot defects that might come from inbreeding.
Shelters are only useful in catching and holding lost dogs; if the dog was given up, (((rescued))), or an obvious stray, they should be put down

Op here, this pretty much. People usually abandon dogs because they are badly behaved or antisocial. I can't save all the dogs, but if I get one I want one I can bond with.

>defects that might come from inbreeding
Can you please elaborate? What am I looking for? Missing teeth? Fucked up eyes? What?

Yeah pretty much what you listed. Physical defects will be most obvious, but if the thing is visibly retarded like running into shit you should probably stay away from the whole litter

Thatnks for the tip, I scheduled to go see the guy after work. I hope I get a lovable little companion out of this. My friend's dog loved to lay on the bed and watch anime with me.

FRIEND i know a LOT about dogs
it is my autism speciality and i also worked at kennels/dog training place etc.
large number of my friends have been dogfags
my family has had 20+ dogs and i lived in a house with minimum 5 dogs for most of my life

i will talk to you a whole lot about dogs if you can tell me what you want in a dog, what your current lifestyle (job, hours, etc.) is like, experience with dogs, etc.

>doggo
go ask reddit you complete faggot