What the fuck is "flirting"?

What the fuck is "flirting"?

It seems that anything from eye contact to upturning the edge of one's mouth a tiny bit to a boring comment on sunglasses to outright fondling is flirtation. What is it, normalfags?

Attached: fucking normie subhumans expel shit air from their feeding holes.jpg (1200x800, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsz0DHwzAvc&t=774
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Talking to someone in a way that signals you are clearly interested in them.

But not necessary in a sexual way.

So everything is flirting then? Are you saying that?

>Well no, not everything signals to someone that you are clearly interested in them
You might say, but a dry joke about cell division could very clearly signal one's interest to one person but might not to someone who isn't a fucking nerd. I also hear normies say shit like how they aren't interested in someone, they're just flirting, what am I supposed to believe?

What would be flirting?

I wouldn't worry about anyone flirting with you anytime soon bud

Where did I say or even imply that I even go outside? I just want to know what this word means.

If you had a shred of intelligence you could figure it out

I don't think you're right but I think I understand why I don't get it. I don't talk to people and when I do they're family. So understanding what flirting is for me is like someone who lives with automatons trying to understand what a joke is. It really is that nebulous and subjective of a concept, I guess.

If you haven't experienced it you're never going to get it

>If you haven't experienced it you're never going to get it
I beat you to it, faggot:

It depends on the individual but there are clear signs of flirting such as making physical contact or girls playing with their hair (or biting their lip, but that's really forward).

It depends really. Some people are bad at it. This girl who liked me was pretty shy until she got drunk and texted me that she wanted to ride me.

It's so ambiguous and poorly defined in general. Most people, instead of explaining what it is, will usually just casually insult you for not knowing, but really they're just hiding up that they don't truly know either.

That being said, I tend to do a lot of things people consider flirting for fun if my brain randomly comes to it. I rarely make purpose of anything I say to anyone. Usually I just say whatever first comes to mind.

>I can't explain it because I actually don't know what it is either.

What about the kind of flirting that Peterson talks about here?

youtube.com/watch?v=tsz0DHwzAvc&t=774

Basically flirting that makes interactions with people of the preferred sex "enjoyable" but doesn't actually go anywhere or intrude on anyone's already existent relationships. What does that kind of thing entail? I can't imagine a girl who doesn't want a sexual affair telling a guy that she wanted to ride him so what is it then?

Playfully mocking someone or playfully accusing them, it takes 2 to flirt so they have to accept your attempt and you have fun silly conversations

I think that's less flirting and just the dynamic between men and women. You interact differently and if you can be playful with women then it's nice. It's like light flirting that both parties know they won't act on.

I guess it's like my comparison with jokes then?

Where it's not funny at all unless both people are in on it or have the necessary knowledge, culture, sympathies etc. to understand it but with...certain "playful" things?

I really can't imagine myself even being in that position where I'd have enough rapport with a female to say teasing or favorable things about her appearance, whether I like her or not.

mutual, non-inherently sexual cuing that could lead to further romantic pursuit

so if the girl doesn't like it it's sexual harassment like the time when average guys in new york had the nerve to say hello to a thicc jew walking down the street

Flirting is very hard to pinpoint, and cannot be standardised as particular forms of conversation, or movements/gestures etc. Certainly there are some signals that can be easy to pick up - playful behaviour, touching etc. But sometimes this is just friendliness. Flirting is -unhelpfully- quite subjective. It's more like a heat or an energy which occurs between two people. I know many non-autistic people who are abyssmal at flirting, so I think it must be extra difficult with autism, as it's based on very subtle social clues.

It's dishonest cowardice. It's another female maneuver to avoid the slightest risk of being outright rejected by playing silly games and not being forthright.

You're obviously shit at flirting then, it's a lot of fun.

Unnecessary physical contact, simple as. Like brushing against them or putting your hand on their arm when you ask for something.
Other than that unnecessary eye contact, unnecessary contact such as seeking them out to talk for no particular reason in general.

It's disgusting and so are you.