Oxford AMA

Got into Oxford with computer science. I will answer all your questions here.
inb4 europoor fag
Yes, I am.

Attached: GAF-MPLS-PAD.jpg (1600x550, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/indjev99/Evolving-Snakes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They offered you an unconditional? What where your AS results?

Brits arent european anymore

ur a fuckin moron

You haven't even started there yet so what the fuck are we supposed to ask you about? Your grades?

My sister is going there for a semester next year. You should fuck her

How does that work? One semester thing, I mean.

I don't really know, she goes to Princeton and told me she got accepted to travel to Oxford and spend a semester studing there. It's part of their study abroad program I think

I got accepted to Oxford, but I can't afford that shit. Would have had to move countries and everything.

Cool, must be really nice.
I assume you're from Europe?

I have dual citizenship, but I'm a burger. That's where the issue of expenses comes from.

>computer science
>not pure math
tippity top kekerino, my friend

Attached: 1513758875670.png (303x566, 163K)

Post proof or else you are just a larper

OP here. Sorry it took so long. I forgot, scrolling r9k and saw it.
Nope, conditional, but it is really easy, basically I need to go braindead to not get in.
I am not a brit. Am from the balkans.
Idk
What's she called and what subject is she doing?
Student loans + bursary + getting some online programming job will cover it.
Yeah, yeah. At least I'll get a job or do some actually useful research.
Ok I guess. Pic related is my offer.

Will check out the thread again later.

Attached: proof.png (2560x1396, 686K)

How do you even apply for that shit?

You a South Slav, fren?

For all unis in britan you apply trough UCAS. You write a personal statement which just describes what you've done and why you're a good applicant to any uni (it is for all unis not just for one). Also you need a letter of recommendation from a teacher or something. Most people at least from this part of the world write it themselves or together with the teacher though. Cuz it needs to be in English so you need to translate it anyway.
The deadline for Oxford (and Cambridge) is 15 October or something like that. You also usually need to take a test that you need to sign up for (in case of comp sci you do and it is the MAT test, which is also the one for Mathematics).
Yes.

Awesome OP. I'm a Philosophy and Mathematics dual major. Im major jelly because they just started a Philosophy and Computer science curriculum there. Good luck brah.

So you applied for Oxford straight from a Slovenian high school?

>Philosophy and Mathematics dual major
Absolutely top-tier. Do you study lots of logic?

So much, user. Really fun.

Attached: sixdimensionquantificationalmodallogic.01.png (668x608, 136K)

No offense, but I never saw the point in Philosophy and ... majors. Still think they are for people with philosophy who want to sound more legitimate. Convince me it isn't true otherwise.
Why "Slovenian" lol :D?

Sounds comfy as fuck user. I wish I were at Oxford studying math and logic

Attached: 1509075095402.jpg (600x600, 42K)

Alright, so it's Bulgaria. But still a high school? Are you a top student or something?

I definitely understand that critique. Many times it is true. The difference is mathematics( and all closely related subject) have always been intimately involved in the thinking of great philosophers like Spinoza, and more recently Badiou.

Yeah high school. Will be graduating in a month or so.
>top student
Depends. Looking at just the grades, no. I'll probably have about 5.8/6 total grade while many people in my class will have a higher grade.
However, if you actually look at a meaningful measurement, yeah. I've got medals from national competitions in informatics and in physics. Also I went to the international linguistics olympiad (which is just puzzle solving). I've worked on some really interesting (imho) programming projects, too.

Alright guys, I am going to bed. It is 8AM here and I haven't slept in quite a while. If the thread happens to still be alive in 8 hours and a half I will answer the rest of your questions. Otherwise I might just make a thread with the answers idk.

So are you getting booted the fuck out of England in a couple years or what?

what is the purpose of studying this?

>I've worked on some really interesting (imho) programming projects, too

can we see

Attached: 0LqQFzZ.jpg (640x640, 83K)

Jealous. Enjoy it, OP.

Okay, last round of questions.
Hope not. Lol. (But AFAIK the conditions for the people who entered now will remain the same until we graduate)
Sure. github.com/indjev99/Evolving-Snakes

You shouldn't be jealous. He's about to get penetrated by the UK government's massive student-loan-shaped dong for no real benefit.

dude, oxford comma, lmao