WAGECUCK General

>worthless humanities degree and in late 20s
>have almost no work experience, get part time job at retail store
>the process of using the register seems confusing as fuck to me, especially applying coupons/gift cards, etc.
>no little about the store products (they carry womens clothing and jewlerly among other things, shit i have NO idea about as some random NEET dude)
>another week of training next week

am i literally so pathetic im going to get fired from a retail job for not being competent enough for, i feel that this is where this is heading

Attached: c6c.jpg (472x460, 20K)

>>worthless humanities degree

what did you do and why?

philosophy

1. my parents paid for it
2. i didnt want to go to college (just wanted to stay in my room and remain NEET) but just picked whichever would be easiest

Well it sounds like succeeded. Congrats

i didn't mind pushing carts when i worked in retail. the only thing i hated was the rain and snow. nobody bothered me except for when the recycling needed to be emptied.

>college degree
>doesn't know the difference between no and know
ah yes, the american education system, well done lad.

i ~know~ the difference, was a typo

but yeah i'm a brainlet overall

The absolute state of English-speaking philosophy these days, that this be "easiest".

Philosophy should demand mathematics as a prerequisite, up to differential-equations and statistics. Definitely Cantor. Should also demand basic neuroscience and an historical overview.

Actually it shouldn't be allowed in undergrad courses at all as a major.

yeah i agree with you desu

that's alright I'm drunk too user, I just had a really shitty day wagecucking so I'm taking my anger out on anything in range that won't throw me in prison, sorry lel

yeah its ok, my life is often depressing too and ill randomly start insulting [insert topic of OP, usually an artist on /mu/ or something] stuff as well

This is fucking stupid why would you need differential equations for a discussion about ethics

It was sad when I discovered Daniel N Robinson's lectures on philosophy ... at the age of 30 when I was long gone from collidj.
On the other hand the reason it felt like it was tying it all together was because I'd taken all those history classes @collidj.
Part of me wishes I'd had that class at the time. But I am pretty sure I'd not have understood it.

The register took me 3 months to finally master. It was not an easy register system.

did you have a lot of embarassing moments with customers?

im pissed because the other """'new"""" people there are just converts from a similar store and they seem to get it while im like wtf this is my first time ever and it makes me feel like the idiot

Well atleaset we're not alone in spirit. Seriously though I've been in customer service and it sucks dick all day. You'll get the hang of registers with practice it takes everyone awhile to get it down good. It's a nightmare dealing with customers all day though, 90% of them are alright but that last 10% just makes you hate the whole fucking human race and wish death upon the entire earth.

Yes. I was so embarrassed about messing up that I'd hope they wouldn't call me in to work.

But keep at it. Don't feel too deterred. I got the hang of it, you will too. Within a few months customers won't be getting pissy because you don't know what you're doing.

And like your other coworkers, you can carry the knowledge with you to any other job with a register.

my only hope is this twitch channel i started takes off

lmao nobody's gonna support a boring loser like you

im a different guy you silly willy

Chill the fuck out and sponge everything up. You got the thought that your going to fuck up stuck in your head, and that's why you keep thinking about being worthless instead of actually learning what your coworker is trying to teach you.
>I know because I did the same thing

Retail, sales, anything dealing with customer service is not a job for a robot. Be a janitor or a cook. I'm both, f/t line cook and I also work nights as a janitor at a bank. All BOH jobs are perfect for robots, and as a janitor you work mostly alone in a mostly empty building with no one to hassle you about anything. Typically only a pt job though.
>tfw such a wagecuck that I am about to start a third job at a bakery
>tfw 60 hours doesn't numb the pain with pure exhaustion
>tfw definitely going to end my life if 80 hours doesn't keep me numb

you need 90 hours on a boat working at satans rhythm lifting, throwing nonstop no sleep all black