I have a theory that the great majority of robots are made from an irrational fear of rejection that comes from getting...

I have a theory that the great majority of robots are made from an irrational fear of rejection that comes from getting rejected by a girl in your childhood.

I want to confirm this. How many of you have had this childhood experience?

Attached: 1497547440469.jpg (961x816, 239K)

I asked a girl out once in grammar school. She said I was gross. Never had a female acquaintance or friend since then to ask since I went to an all guys high school and didn't go to college.

Attached: 1522968035612.png (402x445, 14K)

I had a "girlfriend" and fell in love with her in preschool, she rejected me for the preschool Chad and Stacey group

She ended up turning fat in middle school but she still managed to have tons of anime fedora tipping boyfriends

I'm going to kill myself

Attached: 1493608100984.jpg (1600x1200, 483K)

I never asked out a girl in my entire life.

No, not in my childhood. I'm fairly certain it's genetic, since I've had social anxiety since I was 4, well at least that's my earliest memory where I was reminded of my social anxiety.

Yep.

Gookmootbloxxx

Do you believe this event is partially to blame in your robot status?

I don't think so. I have never had a female friend though, I've though about it just now. I think I might have had a female friend for like 1 day at an after school group when I was 10. We climbed a tree together. I-I can't think of any other female friends or circumstances when I spent time with females.

I tried to kiss a girl about 18 months ago. (First time trying to kiss a girl in over a decade). She rejected me and went and had a threesome with Chad and his friend.

Can these things even be genetic?

My theory is this:

Mammals in general learn most things about life when growing up. If you touch a clothes iron as a kid, you'll likely immediately associate the touching of the iron with the pain, this gets engraved in your brain.
That said, the same goes for bad social experiences. Getting rejected by a girl or friends at an early age might make someone associate the social interaction with the negative feelings that they produced. And this will make you unconsciously afraid of said social interaction.

Maybe you can't remember it, but something might have scarred this anxiety into your brain as a kid.

Never been rejected. Actually when I was younger I had lots of girls really interested in me. Then I got pretty bad acne in high school which destroyed what little self esteem I had.

I never got rejected in childhood 'cause I never tried.

Attached: tfw.jpg (500x667, 25K)

Idk honestly. I think what did me in was the transition to high school. I made no friends at high school and spent all my time alone until I dropped out because of a mental breakdown. In grammar school. I was ugly as sin but at least I had some friends.

I remember learning that the majority of your personality is developed by age 4, so it makes sense that not much has changed for me since then. And yes, genetics are and influence, but environment has about equal influence as well.

i dont give a fuck about girls or relationships

I had this four times in middle school/high school

Basically, I'd rather not try. Everyone just disgusts me for some reason. I know I got issues and I don't want to drag people through the mud

I think I got fucked up when puberty hit for some reason. I was always social and making friends and then 9th grade hit and suddenly I was a huge faggot who couldn't talk to anyone.

Neglecting the things you want, but are scared to try to obtain is one of the most primordial ways of sheltering oneself.

>oh yeah?? I didn't want it anyway!!

The first time I asked a girl out I got rejected. I don't think I'll ever do that again. I was 22 years old...

This happened 3 days ago...

yeah ur probably right but it doesnt change my mind

Your mind is develop enough not to be held back by negative experiences. Your character is already formed. You don't need to worry, give it some time and try again with a different girl.

im a robot because i have unironic autism not because some pathetic roasties rejected me

I asked a girl that was my friend out in 4th grade that I had a huge crush on. She was a tan tomboy. She went with my best friend instead and they both cut ties with me.

Fuck life man

I understand, some things are burried too deep inside our brains for we to deal with them. I do hope you manage to find someone who you are comfortable with one day.

In elementary I had a crush on a girl, she knew it even if I never told her, she then rejected me in the most tactful and cute way ever. She said I would become a scientist in a hand written letter.

Years later, when I was in high school, I found her again in a supermarket and she was dressed up very strangely, like a hippie goth weeb.
Two years later I found out she is pregnant and was stealed away by her boyfriend and now lives at the other extreme of the country (Mexico)

Does this count?

Yes I was the only one with the courage to ask a girl to the dance in elementary school and she said "ew no" then laughed hideously with her gaggle of witches.

None of the other boys had the guts to ask after witnessing such a visceral emotional disembowelment so then I became the weird kid that was weird enough to dare to try.

Self esteem = fucking destroyed beyond repair and I know it's irrational because ffs I've had gfs and girls very obviously interested in me but I just robot out on them and go cold and distant to protec myself and then they just sort of amicably drift away.

It makes me paranoid that any positive interaction with girls is like a prank or something I mean that shit is embedded, no, carved into my psyche and I know it's there and I know it's delusional but my lizard brain just co opts the whole situation.

I'm trying to work through it though. I had a bit of a mental breakdown for the past few months where i think I've basically disassembled and restructured my ego to be okay with myself, and to realize that if I'm ok with me, girls might be ok with me too. And I mean I know people like me, in a likeable person and have a lot of friends but it's hard not to hate myself deeply. I dunno anons. But I think I'm gonna make it. I think we're all gonna make it.

Attached: IMG_4797.png (1000x1000, 550K)

I don't think I've ever been rejected by a girl but even when I was three years old I feared being rejected by adults and children alike. I don't fit in anywhere and I don't have the desire nor the ability to change myself to suit the needs of the group. I don't know why I am the way I am. Maybe it was my upbringing, maybe it's just me, I don't know. I guess I pretty much rejected people before they could reject me. Where the fear began I cannot say but it's grown over the years. I've essentially lived my life closed of from everyone for the past 6 years. I think I might be mentally ill.

I've had girls say that my features are sexy or that I'm cute on rare, rare occasion but it never really boosts my confidence like you would expect. I feel like a fraud. Like if people were really aware of how much of a leech I really am then no one would want anything to do with me and it makes me question, is everyone else like this too and just lying to themselves or is it just me?

Attached: 1522385260050.png (474x473, 20K)

No, the deal was that I was too retarded/autistic/stubborn to stop. I kept going at it over and over no matter what despite the rejections. I was rejected time, after time, after time, after time.
The rejections just kept piling up and pretty soon I'm pretty sure I was that kid who kept developing crushes on other girls.

All I wanted was a gf, I just wanted to experience it when I was younger. Instead my drive for it dashed all my chances away. So now instead of pursing ANYTHING, I just hang out in the back and let everything else play out without my intrusion.

Attached: 1515957727694.gif (500x495, 1.15M)

Maybe? I can't really tell if the rejection had a negative impact on you.

Nope
Not at all
In fact I turned two girls away
One was flirting with me as a joke
The other had legitimate interest but I was too autistic to realize it

>irrational fear of rejection
yes
>rejected by a girl in my childhood
no. never had the balls to ask a girl out. 28 years old now. now hope

It really didn't. I am currently obsessing more over a short skinny flatchested weeabo that I never had the courage to ask out and now I have lost all contact to, but the problem is that happened 2 years ago in highschool.

You are onto something, but its not about female rejection specifically. Its social rejection as a whole. Im positive that almost every single robot has had bad social experiences as a child (bullying, social outcasting, abuse from parents, etc) a lot of which they probably don't even remember.

Any bad social experience (rather than just rejection from a girl) leads to subliminal beliefs/feelings of worthlessness and inferiority, thus making them feel like they are at the bottom of the social hierarchy (even if they had good jobs or other qualities that are regarded as high status). This makes them feel like its impossible to get a girlfriend, have people aside family truly care about them, etc.

I only got "rejected" once, when my friend told my crush I like her, and she did not respond positively or negatively. I never asked her out or anything. And yet here I am. I could not care less about getting rejected by some roastie I don't really care about anyway. A theory implies some sort of backing or assuredness. You have a hunch at most.

While that is very true, my reason is that they are too retarded to be useful in any way whatsoever.

Never been rejected. In the very couple of times I've had a relationship I made absolutely certain they were into me before asking them out. It's been 4 years though

Attached: Drowning in Spag.jpg (1066x800, 267K)

Was never rejected by a girl because I never asked one out, but several did ask me and I always said no because I knew my family circumstances were too bad to hold any kind of relationship without exposing my bad family circumstances to the world and possibly damaging it even more.

I have a theory that's related.

What if the robots fear of rejection is created from their lack of childhood love. What is their lack of childhood love was created because they weren't understand their parents affection from a difference in communication style.

Interesting idea user and I wouldn't be surprised if it were true

I have been afraid of rejection since before I ever got rejected.

I think whatever you said doesn't fit me

I got the standard "X likes you" or "I think you're cute" when it was all just a joke sort of stuff.
Got rejected 3 times before i graduated, haven't tried since. I think you're on to something

got rejected in middle school by an ugly chick and now i absolutely hate women

Attached: 1522994140860.jpg (821x797, 175K)

It's just a result of narcissism really, being rejected would hurt your self-image.

Fuck I actually was rejected by the first girl I "loved" from like 2nd to 4th grade. Funny thing was I had no problem getting girlfriends after I gave up on her ever liking me, even got her twin sister, but the one I cared about all through elementary school never wanted me back. I do remember being really fucked up about it too fuck you OP

lol

>tfw first love was turbo Stacey

My oneitis in middle school said she kinda liked me, but that i was embarassing to be around. she was even better looking in highschool, she literally looked like a girl from a tomboy doujin, except with more feminine hips. at that point she decided tht i was trash though so whatever.

ive been rejected by EVERYONE. not just girls. but yes, girls too.

I've tried three times. Once in middle school, girl said I was too fat. Another in Highschool, she let me down easy. But got bullied by her bitch squad.

Recently tried inviting a coworker out. Felt like we had some chemistry. She declined. Found out later she was fucking a chad who works in the same building on that night.

I'm kind of tired of trying, but lifes a numbers game right?

Attached: 1520271285376.gif (500x343, 500K)

I can only speak from my perspective but, you are correct user. But it's not just girls who have rejected me, throughout my life it's been a mixture of everyone honestly. So much so that I feel as if I'm not wanted anywhere or by anyone. It's killed my self esteem and is the reason why I lack confidence. But I believe that your theory is correct. Great analysis user.

I have never once been rejected because I have never tried to flirt or get a gf in my life. I just assume no woman is interested in me and that no woman would ever be interested in me because I am short and ugly. All women seem happy and dating, no one is missing out from me stepping aside. I am objectively inferior to the men that surround a woman. She should just choose one of the many men around her.

asked 5 girls out in high school. 3 of the attempts ended in the girl publicly laughing loud enough to let the entire state know how much of a beta I am. 4th attempt was a simple rejection. 5th attempt ended in me getting lead on for a good month. Middle school was no different if you want to go back even further.
Glad I could help with the datamining op, heres a (you)

Attached: 3b9.png (957x900, 879K)

I asked a girl out only once and she said yes

Though she was open about the fact that she was into me so I was at least 80% sure she'd say yes

>mfw had crush on qt in middle school.
>Her Stacey friends say "Oh yeah she thinks you're cute user!"
>To this day I thought they were fucking with me but I could never confirm it.
Her on the left 2016

Attached: 111.jpg (645x746, 249K)

Had many chances to have a girlfriend but I didn't like them, but got upset when the girls I wanted rejected me. For a long time I thought it was just something wrong of getting girls. Come to realise I never truly thought or cared of them as girls, but as wanting the best product I could ever get and never compromise, but get turned down by it. I truly do just care about myself which is weird cause I try to help people as much as I can without thinking about it.

Sounds like me, I got asked to go to parties from the football team in highschool but I thought they were just mocking me. Still don't know.

I had a oneitis from 6th to 9th grade that I never persuaded. Only wanted her because I couldn't have her. There was nothing special about this girl. I just liked her because she was nice. I was rejected multiple times by this girl. I didn't know what to do I was like 12-14?
I felt stupid and I still feel stupid for being that dumb. I probably would have had a better experience with girls if I just tried to court some other girls. Instead I chased one prude that I wanted more than anyone because she didn't want anyone anyway.
OP I don't think your theory is all wrong but it's just a symptom of a bigger problem with most robots.

Attached: sip.gif (500x516, 151K)

God your thing hurts me even more, just thinking of my past. I got to go on dates and flirt with one of the most popular girls in highschool but I never saw it that way since they weren't girls I wanted. And I thought I was just a werido for so long. Dammit. Not a weirdo, just an asshole.

9/10 of everyone's problems here are based in abusive and neglectful parents, or parents who haven't dealt with their own (non-obvious) psychological problems and traumas.

Those robots who give an unequivocal "wrong" are usually the ones in deepest denial. Their later rejection by women just compounds existing problems.

Attached: 22089028_1489354214481739_8346724217330153257_n.jpg (960x540, 49K)