/nz/ thread?

/nz/ thread?

Who's in Wellington here? Massive cabin fever but nothing to do unless you have friends.
What's something decent to do in Wellington alone that's free/cheap?

Attached: nz flag.png (802x402, 14K)

Go for a walk around the waterfront or the botanical gardens. It's a relaxing free way to clear the mind.

is NZ the robot of the anglosphere?

I haven't lived in Wellington for a (long) while, but I always found there was plenty to do.
said, you have some scenic options either end of the centrum. There is also Mt. Vic's green belt for central walks.
if you have a car or bus card, you get access to far more varied walks: The trek up around red rocks, for example. The city council are really good about posting all of those.

Outside (get it?) of nature, there are all the normal big-ish city things to do. Read at the library, go window shopping/trying things on, take a subsidised language course, go to a free BJJ session (I know there are two in Wellington that do taster days), go to art exhibits and installations.

There are also things you can do at home that will make you feel fresh: Putting effort into a meal, reorganising your wardrobe/room, talking to your room mates (/parents or siblings) about where they're from...

Stay healthy duder, say hi to the windy city from me.

Hey this is a nice list, thanks for the ideas man

University was a mistake, go get a fucking job

Oh Uni is a total fucking mistake. I'm in my last year of my meme Industrial Design degree, I don't want to follow that career path at all but may as well endure it for this final year. Then go study something that will actually get me a job at a tech.

Have an online friend who lives in wellington, haven't seen him online in about two years though. I hope he's doing alright in his life, miss him and his voice

Don't fall for the uni meme again, go do industry certs. They're all that matters.

auckland here. does someone want to come and kill me?

Nah not Uni, wanna go to Wintec and do civil engineering. Thought only dropkick retards went to Wintec and anyone who was woke went to Uni. Holy fuck was I wrong

any fellas feel like playing?

Attached: B.png (616x353, 372K)

Auckland and wanting to kill myself.
hey buddy wanna suicide pact?

Attached: 1522991876392.jpg (780x780, 50K)

Is this gaywi?

Dumb frog poster. Kys.

Attached: 1519036492573.png (247x261, 10K)

can I join? Mass suicide would be fun.

no gays allowed

my comment is original and unique

Do you guys wanna jump off a bridge onto the motorway together? That'd be a riot, bet we'd make the news, try to hit some roastie's car and traumatise her for life.

I don't like heights

Someone please be my girlfriend. I'll pay you.

Attached: 1522908213911.jpg (400x300, 16K)

I'd settle for a gf who wouldn't even sleep with me at this point. I'm so starved of affection.

I didn't expect this much depression when I started this thread

You at vic user?

Lonely as hell. The highlight of my day is strategically placing myself on the bus to increase the chances of a qt3.14 sitting in directly in front of me. Then fantasize about life in a loving relationship.

Btw best spot is 2-3 rows from the priority seating area on the right hand side.

Too bad unis on break.

also auckland here. we should jump off that bridge. would be a good time.

though i made myself chicken stir fry for dinner tonight so i'm in a pretty good mood right now.

Attached: star sweater.jpg (736x831, 49K)

Yeah mate, Te Aro campus. Industrial Design. You?

I am in the same boat, but brooding over it doesn't help. The more you think about it the worse it gets.
The less you think about it the more ignorant you will be of your situation, eventually you'll become numb(ish) to the pain. It'll still hurt but not as much if you avoid those thought patterns

Yeah I'm getting there, just that time of night when the loneliness starts to kick in and there's nothing to distract you from your thoughts.

Kelburn, Software Engineering.

Whats the best thing to do after highschool in NZ? I went to (and am still at) Auckland uni without putting much thought into it at all. I'm gonna drop out so what should I pick up?

You have no shortage of options which is why you have doubts. No one can tell you what to do, it's something you need to decide on your own. Don't be afraid to try something and start over with something new if you don't like it.

Fellow wellington bro here. Just got back from work, had to walk home past courtney place. I just wanted a chill night walk home but it was filled with normies clubbing and shit. Wellington is shit for people who are already isolated, it's just hard to make friends. Luckily my Korean gf attends a language school so I meet a lot of her friends so I have some sort of social life.
Anyway, try mundo lingo on meetup, you can meet foreigners who are also isolated, but many are just passing through and its hard to make friends. Also, the foreign Asian students at the uni are always desperate for friends who speak English. Try going to language classes at the uni as well or trying out clubs.
If you are in the botanical gardens, at the cable car end there is a perfumery/museum. That was a nice surprise, I got a perfumed rock for just 8$ and the owner is this fancy looking old man who speaks French.

Working holidays. NZ gets first go at a bunch of top locations. I did one in Japan, and hoping to do one in Canada once my wallet recovers.

My opinion would be go to a polytechnic, choose something that you will actually get a job in and there is a demand for

Can more people be aware of how much tradies earn.
Builders easily earn 50+ an hour.
Starting your own business as a sub contractor lands you around the same if not more. If you do work thats residential you can always cheat dumb normies into paying for shit they dont need.
You can work for a sprinkler company that gives you your own work car and work phone that pays 30+ an hour.

There are many children who finish uni very smug thinking theyre ahead working on a 50k salary with a 50k debt (me)

dumb normie

I understand this is a incredibly vain post, but do you guys look like r9k users? Or are you all normal looking guys that just didn't get into a social circle in Wellington

and what would an r9k user look like?

I am in Auckland and looking for a bf because I am also desperately seeking affection?