What do you think of Magic: The Gathering?

What do you think of Magic: The Gathering?

Attached: mtg11.jpg (960x540, 114K)

gross nerds ewwwwwwwwwww

Autism: The Fappening.

My friend lost his gf because he dedicated all his time to that retarded game.

It's for people who have friends and aren't unbearable to be around so most people here have no experience with it.

Can't find anyone playing multiplayer on MTG DotP 2015 anymore :(

imagine the smell orig

Never got into it myself desu, but I have heard it gets the testosterone pumping.

I was about to post 'what do you think that room smells like' but pretty fucking close kek

Attached: 6746659857898578573545.jpg (250x248, 14K)

I used to play in school. Don't really have an opinion on it now.

Is it too cool for old social outcasts to play now?
I really need some friends.

pokemon is the superior tcg

It looks really lame and boring to me. Grade A nerd shit. Even dungeons and dragons seems like more of a good time. Also fun story time.
>be first year in college
>meet cool guy in chem lab, let's call him Dave
>we partner up most of the time
>he's part of a group that plays Magic, they all meet up in a room behind the college bar
>they all look exactly like what you'd imagine
>honestly should've hung out with them more because they made me look like a Chad by comparison
>I stop by from time to time to say hi to Dave because he's usually there
>one day, I watch them play a few games while I talk to Dave
>one of the nerds starts to complain about how expensive the cards are
>others chime in, I find out these fuckers are regularly paying $20, $40, $60 just on card packs for their dumb game
>I say, "Hey, if they're so expensive, why don't you just print the cards off of the internet? It wouldn't affect the game at all."
>group of at least a dozen megadorks all turn their heads and give me a look of anger and disgust
>they seriously look like I had just insulted all of their sisters, mothers, and grandmothers at once
>Dave is obviously embarrassed
>all because I was trying to save them a couple bucks
I seriously don't get why it was such a big deal, like it's some kind of sacrilege to print your cards instead of spending their mommy's hard earned cash on the $60 ones that come out of a fucking box. What a bunch of retards.

I played in high school and it was one of my only social outlets. I'm tempted to get back into it casually just to make friends but I'm worried I'll just be another creep at the game store since I won't have friends going into it.
As far as the game itself, pretty fun but a blatant cash grab.

i got tired of getting dunked on because i dont want to spend 100 dollars on a single piece of cardboard
even with friends it just becomes a stupid arms race

decks lose their novelty really fast in that game for me

No I feel like just about any age can get into it. The trouble is the autism required.

It's called proxying and people do it but 'the autism required', user. Our autism makes it so the proxies don't feel right and we must have the actual card. The proxies look bad as well and are not allowed in tournament play.

I like building and testing decks, but the competitive scene is uncomfortable

It used to be a good game before it got ridiculously gimmicky and power crept to fuck. I like Richard Garfield's version of the game, complete with banding and rampage and all of that stuff that's been long forgotten in favor of faggotry like split cards, flip cards, tribal and planeswalker types, et cetera.

The last great set was Tempest. Invasion was pretty good, ignoring the introduction of split cards which was just a gimmicky way of repackaging charms.

Attached: Whispers_of_the_Muse_640.jpg (640x478, 101K)

i never understood it and therefore i hate it

Only ever played it on cockatrice where all cards are free. Game is a blast with friends, but playing IRL sucks cause you gotta waste thousands buying cards.

autistic
expensive
can't read the fucking text on the cards.

Attached: 1476664416040.jpg (283x447, 16K)

Never seriously played it, but had friends who did, and occasionally borrowed decks from them and played. Fun, but overpriced, and pretty gimmicky.

I honestly feel like its hit a point where I can't break into it, like its been going on so long and there's so fucking many variations, decks, rule variations and about 50+ different starter sets that I can't find a good 'start point' to get into it. I really enjoy that kind of stuff but I just can't find the energy to properly understand how to 'start' it.

The card game is really, really fun.
The playerbase is kinda autistic but that's ok. There's plenty of normies playing it too, if that's more your crowd.
The game is uneccessarily expensive, especially the competitive formats, but casual formats can be played as cheap as you want to.
The company, Wizards of the Coast, are currently more concerned with pushing their SJW agenda than maintaining a healthy game, which really sucks though.

I work as an art teacher so I have a few cards I use as references. I also played with the students a couple times, but I only do that between the end of finals and the end of a semester/year.

Attached: 1520969869657.jpg (500x489, 143K)

Bump to save this thread. Go to /tg/ btw

Attached: Every pol meme.jpg (1024x685, 406K)

I loved it, then it went down the shitter recently.

Its just money the game
Whoever spends the most money on cards wins

I keep seeing that MtG is SJW but all I get when I look this topic up seems to just be fans complaining about some dude saying random bullshit. How has any of this affected the games I play?

Koakuma kunny gegen

Attached: 1412845619389.jpg (550x750, 109K)

Autism: The Hobby
ffs original

It's surface level nerd shit that normies eat up, like d&d

If it gives people friends, fun, and a community, I guess it's fine. I played when I was in elementary school almost 20 years ago.

Old stuff is cool, too cucked to get into now.

ITT: Autistic fucks hate on MTG for being autistic
MTG is the true robot game, I play it avidly in my local tabletop club. I need to buy cards from the new expansions but right now I don't want to move on from origins.

i played EDH and watched a play group start an arms race for stronger decks
aggro turned into combo, midrange decks turned into combo, control decks turned into combo, even the stax decks are combo