/uni/ general - Saturday Homework Edition

>write 2-3 sentences of essay
>spend 20-30 minutes browsing Jow Forums
>repeat
I'll have my essay done by the end of the day, easily. How're you holding up, unifaggot? You are finishing your homework on time, right?

Attached: uni wojak2.png (600x600, 194K)

>have 4 assignments due this week
i don't want to do this anymore

>bomb first Vector Dynamics quiz
>look at the notes and realize I only needed to remember one equation

Why, why is this happening to me why?!

Attached: 1522314589593.jpg (815x683, 76K)

It's gonna be alright bro, we're going to do this somehow. Make sure you start working on them this weekend, if you haven't already.

Attached: embrace.png (528x321, 133K)

i don't have the energy to do shit during the week so i waste all my time on the weekends doing them
my life was a mistake

heres a secret to writing essays
>come up with thesis
>go to Jow Forums, /lit/, Jow Forums, and /his/
>copy and paste pieces of posts that fit your thesis
>rewrite them
none of your thoughts are original. you will find it posted on some board

That sounds like the secret to writing a fucking terrible paper.

Attached: dude.gif (271x276, 1.98M)

i have 3 different large papers for 3 different classes due at the end of the month that are 70% of the total grade in each class. One of them is half written, the other i only have the first page done along with the research, and the last one hasn't been touched at all. I should have at least a rough draft of all of them done by now but i know ill end up getting them all finished at the last minute like I always do. They are all at least 20 pages as well.

Attached: 4DuGJRe.png (509x411, 17K)

>You are finishing your homework on time, right?
I realized today that I had an essay that was due yesterday that I completely forgot about. Guess I'll do it this weekend, getting marked down for lateness is better than no marks at all
I have 2 other essays due at the end of the month. One I should be fine on, one I am boned on because I haven't done any of the preparatory work for it.

Attached: 1518198267938.jpg (875x700, 62K)

that sounds harder than just writing it all yourself desu

Good marks on my journalism year end project and my test went really well. Just need to bump my English mark a little bit and I'll pass my first year. It's looking pretty good anons. Studying hard and feeling hopeful.

Attached: BD11BDC5-8E0D-47DA-9623-DE0B3BBB9E2A-13474-00001BD7C37B49B3.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

just slapped together a garbage paper for my writing class
god why is college so worthless

Anyone here do a computing type course at uni? Is it all coursework you do in class?

>try to help my lab partners on the exam by sharing my study material
>none of them look at it
>they fail and I get an A

Attached: 1496733678352.jpg (300x300, 21K)

define "computing type"
i'm a csfag and i have a ton of projects and coursework but there's also a bunch of math and exams

>withdrew from college due to severe unchecked depression and social anxiety
>hated my major, and wanted to switch but no one would help me with it so I eventually stopped going to class
>it's been three years since then
>haven't been able to find work because I'm underqualified for everything
>really want to go back and give it another try
>ask mother for help
>"Lol, fat fucking chance. Never again on my dime"
>all the happiness left inside me shriveled up and died
Don't drop out, guys. It's my biggest regret.

Attached: 1522339628228.jpg (1368x672, 193K)

I'm going into networks and security

If you don't go to classes do the teachers ever ask where you were or ask if you need help catching up? I know you don't get a lot of class time so how it workm

can't tell you about that too much, over here in burgerland a lot of it is just certs and learning on the job

uni professors legitimately don't give a shit about you
you're not the first person to fuck up and flunk class, you won't be the last. you're just another failure to them

>have an essay
>do not do the essay

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

ever since I got on Wellbutrin last December this semester has been a lot better. I generally do all of my HW they day it's assigned rather than the night before it's due.

I think not having a game that I enjoy is the real solution..

Tired of fucking gay ass fortnite/PUBG.

Depends on the class size and what you missed that class. I missed months of classes and failed out of college, and they only really asked for the first two weeks and then gave up.

>I think not having a game that I enjoy is the real solution..
actually this. i have a shitty laptop that i can't run anything on and i get so bored i do my homework

>tfw haven't played a video game for longer than 20 minutes since I was last home over a year ago
It's a complicated feel. I've been on top of my shit and my grades are solid, but every now and then I miss when my life was easier and could accommodate playing something for a couple hours straight.

i'm a brainlet so i'm not even on top of my grades. i have no social life and only have my shitty 3.3 gpa to show for it

...i guess i really am pathetic

is archeology a meme?

A meme in what sense user

Dependant on your willingness to actually find a job in the field. It's like music, writing or any other meme degree--if you go in and just do what's required for your major you have no chance at actually making it. If you go above the minimum requirements, do extra activities/classes related to your major, and go out of your way to get real experience in the field before you're through with undergrad, you have a chance.

t. music major who's set to make a living out of undergrad

i did the same exact thing a week ago

Attached: 27337357_1736648586356267_4922511758078808130_n.png (750x669, 821K)

>communications online class
>have to do a "speech'" (recording myself on a webcam for 6-8 minutes) about a social issue
>topic submissions were due Monday night and the speech itself is due tomorrow night
>make my topic about race-based prison gangs because it's a unique topic with alot to talk about and isn't to broad
>do research and make a PowerPoint Tuesday and Wednesday, record it Friday
>Even going the extra mile and adding the PowerPoint to the video of me talking (we were supposed to just submit both separately)
>Have a shit grade in this class so I'm feeling good that the project is going well
>Friday night, 4 days after I submitted the topic, I get an email from my professor saying that my topic isn't approved
>links me to a list of a bunch of generic, broad issues, like "racism" and "gender equality" that are hard to make an actually good assignment about because of their broadness
>say that I need to choose a topic that "needs to be a call to action in which your peers can get involved. It can't just be for them to inform themselves on the topic. What can they actually do to advocate for this cause, should they choose to do so?"

I'm so mad right now fuck this assignment. If you're gonna tell me my topic isn't approved 2 days before the deadline at least give me a fucking extension

Man just do gun control. I don't agree with it but at least it's easy and any faggot can write a letter to their local MP or in your case whatever it is and complain for more control over firearms.

seconded.
it's ez and there's funding from all sides for studies for you to cherrypick to align with your prof's political views

thanks for the suggestion, I guess I'll try that. Still pissed that I already did pretty much the whole thing for nothing though.

>enrolled in a math heavy major
>terrible at math
who here /madman/?

Attached: 1451362631681.jpg (540x489, 13K)

If you were able to get into in the first place you obviously aren't that bad

Idk were that user is from, but applied maths doesnt require high grades compared to most egineering degrees.

i know that feel
i've nuked whole assignments and redid them from the ground up before

what major?

the barrier of entry to a lot of non-top programs in burgerland are extremely low

>the barrier of entry to a lot of non-top programs in burgerland are extremely low

That's actually quite good. It gives people a chance to change their mind later on in life if they wanted to change what they study. But I suppose there will always be stupid people who get themselves into deep

>What major
Mechanical Engineering
I hate my life

Attached: brainlet.png (225x225, 4K)

>tfw i know tfw
former mech here. i personally suggest you gtfo asap if you don't like it
what year are you?

enjoy your GET tho

>4 courses left to finish my degree in chem engineering
>got depressed as fuck with bad anxiety over the last 8 months (mostly b/c of bpd exgf and getting herpes)
>started drinking hard as fuck, spend all my time alone
>stopped going to class altogether
>had a fucking partial focal seizure for the first time and have no fucking clue why
>have exams the next couple weeks, all of which i need 70% to pass

Attached: 25525a11e8466ae4f19e8854f49e95a3[1].jpg (800x495, 48K)

>got a 100% on my first 2 math tests
>still no friends or gf

Attached: IMG_1908.png (680x598, 299K)

Graduating in less than a month. Starting a job with a 6 figure salary. I guess I made it boys. 7 years of undergad is finally coming to an end. I look forward to going out and wasting money instead of sitting inside and doing problem sets every evening.

I guess I will still be a robot. I will go buy prostitutes whenever I feel like it. Maybe life will be better

Attached: main-qimg-8e0796a7ece42f1a5a7fbf54bbda42ec.png (602x299, 178K)

>spent 5 years in community college switching between majors
>finally settled on engineering
>3.1 GPA, several W's and a few Ds on my transcript
>transferring in a few months to real uni for a bachelor's in MechE
How fucked am I, realistically?

Attached: sucy.png (1477x1528, 447K)

Any times when you felt like giving up? Just couldn't be bothered doing the work?

>7 years of undergrad
Jesus christ.

Not at all if you mantain a 3.0+ in Uni, your CC transcripts don't matter. Most people don't even bother including it on their resume.

prolly 2 years of general studies then went into an engineering degree (of which most are 5 years)

better than doing a 4 year social study degree and getting literally n o t h i n g from it

Not him but see me here:

Energy drinks or some other shit, coffee and no internet. You will do it.

i think i remember you from the last /uni/ general
as long as you have your shit together now, you'll be fine.
be warned. a decent 4 year is **MUCH** harder than meme community college.

an actual degree in engineering (not technologist/technician/etc.) is legitimately hard. mechanical is actually one of the hardest as well, top 1-2. the average IQ for those who finish it is something like 120-130

it will take work no matter what. it is seriously incomparable to any other undergrad degree

>college is when most people go to parties, make friends, get laid, and have relationships
>I've been here for more than 6 months
>never leave my apartment except to go to class
>no friends
>never talk to anyone
>never talked to a girl outside of class in my entire time at uni
>barely scraping by in my classes
>my only social contact is seeing my family every month or so
It's like I don't even exist. I could probably go missing for a month and no one would notice.

That's your own fault. You have to put in more than eating, sleeping and going to class if you want friends, a gf, a job, etc.

>the average mech undergrad has a 125 IQ
i need the copypasta you got this from. it looks like fucking gold.

...The average IQ for master students across all disciplines is within that range

Do you not think a masters of sociology is comparable to an undergrad of mechanical engineering

Why do social science students even speak lmao

>gf's father is visiting her on campus tomorrow
>she wants me to meet him
Please pray for me. She's described him as one of the protective traditional dad types, and she says that he enjoys intimidating potential boyfriends with his knives.

Attached: pensive pepe2.jpg (550x413, 53K)

Just don't be a fag

I can do that. This will go FINE.

Attached: stanczyk wojak.jpg (680x506, 231K)

the studies on this topic estimate IQ from SAT/GRE scores
according to them 600 reading /730 math is 130 IQ

numbers just seem off to me

It's ok, in case your gf will help you.

1st year of university is wrapping up. It flew by so quickly. Anyone else feel like time keeps passing by faster and faster? It's kind of scary but also I like it because that means the pain of being in university will be over soon.

according to studies done by the College Board, I would have an IQ of 146 (which I doubt) because I got a 34 on the ACT. So yeah, definitely take a grain of salt

>I know exactly how to use tensors
>I dont know what tensors are and what the dx^dy^dz etc. notation really means

pray for me

I had the same experience but then Junior+Senior year crawled by for me

It only goes by faster if you don't keep yourself busy enough. Freshman spring was a fucking mud-fight for me because of all the obligations I'd picked up, I remember each week ending and me thinking it had been two.

>the studies on this topic estimate IQ from SAT/GRE scores

How are you dumb enough to think this is true? Did you find this from your first google link to a washington post article? How are you even forming opinions on this topic when you literally cannot even find actual information about it

Protip: use the term "meta-study" in your searches about the relation between college degree as predictor of IQ

Secondary protip: This is easy as fuck to find because its been studied for literally the last 80 years

>have two projects to do
>one is programming
>do it easily enough because you are given the exact specifications of what the program should have.
>Don't have to come up with anything original, just have to figure out how to code certain things

>other project is Web Development related
>you have to come up with your own idea for a website and have total freedom in how you want to design it
>no fucking idea what to do because I'm not creative

Who else knows this feel?

Attached: 1520553452083.png (637x360, 272K)

>tfw failing all four of my classes in an easy major (buisness IT)

What is wrong with me lads, why do I have no interests in my classes?

Attached: 7B20EAB4-DE55-412F-BEB5-D4A2EE04F952.jpg (300x360, 31K)

Accept your fate as a no name codemonkey immediately, creativity and the ability to make new things is a big part of what separates programmers who can have nice lives from the ones that are stuck with the shit work.

I'm fine with that. Too bad my college doesn't have any "codemonkey" course because I would've just chosen that instead.

>don't want to do anything
>sad or mad at others every waking second
>parents force me to go to uni and tell me to stop whining
>only feeling worse every day
>everyone in my class is a faggot and I've heard a guy saying he wishes China would beat the US (I'm in Brazil btw) in a war because the US is an evil capitalist country and China is wholly good and doesn't spy on its citizens like America does
>every time I see anyone happy or hear anyone feel excited about anything I wish they were dead
How you guys holding up?

Attached: 1509178412335.png (600x559, 97K)

what kind of shit major are you in?

>applied to phd programs last fall
>have not been accepted to any, currently on waitlist purgatory
>april 15 is the deadline for me to accept an offer if I get one
>there is a non-zero chance I will be rejected from all of them
Kill me please.

How's that shitshow with Lula going? My friend was telling me about it.

Any CSfags know how to use PrintWriter to print to a file using different methods? This is for Java. I keep trying, but it only prints from the main method.

International Relations.
The idea of doing anything at all made me want to see the entire world rot except for this, which I felt I could put up with for a while (for whatever reason), but that while's done now.
Lula is in police custody now. It's been like 5 minutes, so you can probably follow what's happening somewhere online. He left the Syndicate to give himself in to the Federal Police (or whatever they'd be called in english) about 30 minutes to an hour ago or something. Everyone's freaking out over social medias and what not.

you have to be more specific with that question
or better yet get off Jow Forums and it ask somewhere useful

I want to be doing drugs but instead I'm doing fucking homework. I hate school...

How are you supposed to do homework?
I don't even know why but I literally just can't do it. The furthest I can get is staring at the paper/screen without doing anything.

I don't know. Try pretending like you actually give a shit. Sit down with all the the things you need, then ask yourself, "if I were to complete this assignment, how would I go about it." Then you do it.

How can people participate in classes?
Almost all classes I'm in I can only not care about what the teacher is saying, have nothing to add or just think of ways to troll the class.
I just daydream there and awe at how some people can take organized notes too. I can just scribble random pieces of information without much organization.

Attached: 1424817452929.jpg (448x600, 58K)

>Calc 2 test monday
>Haven't studied at all

Attached: 1404183129912.jpg (499x430, 23K)

you still have time, user.
you can pass that test

Attached: 1502059695628.gif (373x360, 627K)

>tfw graduation in three weeks
>tfw got accepted into most desired masters program
>tfw still contemplating suicide daily

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 28K)

2 days before its due? without an extension?
nah, there must be someone higher up that you can rat this prof or whatever out on.

>get +100% on first chem midterm
>98% on second
>straight 75% on final
howtotieanoose.googlesearch

Yeah a lot actually but then i'd pop a vyvanse and spend 12 hours in the library busting out homework. Honestly without stimulants I wouldn't be getting an engineering degree. That and coffee pills.

you sound like me bro. switch to EE, focus in power and you'll have an easy career.

Only certain engineering degrees are hard. environmental and civil engineering and the easy ways to a 60k salary. you wont ever be making 6 figures like an EE will be but you'll do okay.

Attached: Referenz_Phase_Shifter_l.jpg (600x600, 83K)

Does anyone else feel like they're getting dumber day by day? Even reading my textbook is starting to get difficult. Maybe I should quit the internet.

Attached: 303c5de71578df3ccca6cc50a01f3807.jpg (577x565, 66K)

>34 years old
>no degree

How fucked am I?

It's probably more so that you're losing your ability to focus. Browsing Internet forums is one of the worst things for focusing.

Pick up a trade. It'll be half the time (if that), a fraction of the cost, and many more job openings.

'bout to give up guys. It's been a year and a half yet I still don't know is what I want to do in life or what major is truly right for me.

I took engineering but I've always sucked at math and still do. I just don't know where to go or what to do. I don't even know how to meet a girl or make new friends.

tl;dr I'm lost

Attached: 526511468454.png (591x800, 238K)

It's a common phenomenon felt by most people, and continues throughout the rest of your life. Whether it's a good or bad thing, I'm not sure.

welcome to the club
i think very few people actually know what they want to do with their lives

27 yo here wishing i was still in school and not depressed in nyc, enjoy it lads.

Why does it look like everyone knows
Like, I outright tell people I don't know, why doesn't anyone else

they put very little thought into
>i like talking to people, so i'll do communications :D

Are they stupid

i've been putting some thought into this and i dont think they're stupid, but they just don't put much thought into anything non-social.