Robot Home Owners

33 year old wizard here, I'm tired of condo life and want a home. I hate hearing my neighbors, I hate having to see people in elevators every day, etc.

So thinking of buying a house.

Smallest houses have two bedrooms, what do robots do with the second bedroom? Office/home theater/autism den?

Any examples of comfy robot homes?
>inb4 can't be a robot and own a home

Attached: apu-no-grils.png (720x398, 411K)

I'd go for a 3br. Not because you'd necessarily need it but it's much easier to sell a 3br than a 2br place. And yes, i know you'll never ever ever sell, but actually most people do.

Or get a duplex, rent one side and live in the other. If you do it right, you'd be living there for free.

Thanks, I kinda want to eventually tear whatever I buy down and build a custom autism pad when finances permit. But, for now just wondering how people that have no friends or family use their space.

I was thinking of doing a home theater or something

How are you thirty-three and live in a condo and have never had an extra bedroom? I live alone and I have a two bed, two bath apartment. Second bedroom is where I am right now; I turned it into my office/studio/weed smoking room. That way, I still have the living room for console gaming and entertaining and it stays clean and tidy. It's great.

be like that vanchad from a few days ago

lots of youtube channels about people living in vehicles trying to make it comfy, look up cheaprvliving

I always lived in a one bedroom, never spent the extra rent money for a two bedroom. Yeah I guess that extra bedroom could be an office... kinda makes the living room a waste since I have no friends to entertain but I like the idea of it being super clean. I'm pretty clean anyways..

I never understood why they went with vans rather than RVs? Seems like an RV at least has a toilet.

For a 3br, take the main bedroom for sleeping, use one as an office and another as a rental room. Or to get more money, rent the main br with the ensuite and you take a smaller one. Or do a 4br home and rent out all three bedrooms which will again pay most of your living expenses.

I'll finally have a place for all my books..

Attached: 1486527185715-converted-cement-fact.jpg (2000x1340, 927K)

you typically don't want to shit in your vehicle using a toilet cause then you gotta dump the tank later. it's much easier to use a bag and bucket and dump that. for pissing use a bottle and empty it in the bushes

rent the room to another robot

Do you have a pet? A pet will make a house feel much more lived-in and occupied, especially a cat as they very quickly set up their territory.

Just a rundown, here's how I have my place set up:

1st bedroom: My bed, nightstand, dresser, mirror, TV, bookshelf.

1st bathroom: Main bathroom, shower, all of my daily shit.

2nd bedroom: Desk, computer, painting easel, guitar, amp, table, and some storage.

2nd bathroom: Cat bathroom (litter box, food bowl, water)

Kitchen

Partial dining room: Table to sit at, some chairs.

Living room: Coffee table, couch, TV, PS4, Gamecube, lots of plants.

Balcony: Patio table, patio chairs, bird feeder, plants.

Thanks, that sounds super comfy.

No, I don't have a pet. I travel a lot because I'm a wageslave, so, even a cat might be a problem. I would love a cat.

There's alot of things out there that can help with automating feeding/watering your cat. Unless you're leaving for months at a time, you can find a lot of products that have reservoirs that will fill their bowls daily.

>what do robots do with the second bedroom? Office/home theater/autism den?

One of them is a computer room, the other one is a room I just throw crap that does't fit anywhere else.

don't they get lonely though? and cause trouble?

Do you ever have guests? My only potential guest would be if my sister came, she lives in another city though and so might as well just get her a hotel room. Maybe I'd do a pullout bed or something?

Sounds like with a two bedroom you use the master as a bedroom and the other as a computer room. I was thinking about using the living room as a computer room, but, maybe that gets too messy.

>Do you ever have guests?

no

>you will never have the money or resources to even BE in a place like this, much less live in it

Was a converted cement factory I found on some website a while back. I think its neat but its a little big and open, which makes it not so comfy. But yeah, I'll never have that

Attached: 1486527119991-converted-cement-fact.jpg (1781x1200, 640K)

more like that

Attached: 1486148995023.jpg (1600x1068, 431K)

kinda crazy but cool

Attached: 1486527250618-converted-cement-fact.jpg (2000x1968, 1.21M)

personally i think giant open spaces like that are the peak of comfy, especially if there's a small, very warm room shut off from the rest, maybe for sleeping or gaming
please keep posting, these are really nice

I've only got a few. This one is nice.

Attached: 1486811568948.jpg (564x662, 83K)

This look is more attainable.

Attached: 1486256203917.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

>Food bowl in the same room with litter box
Disgusting

GOD that one
loft spaces with multiple floors all open to each other literally make me sad because they're so beautiful
that one in particular is so nice

I love modern stuff but I think it tends to often look like an office rather than a house. This one is cool.

Attached: 1486085198072.jpg (1280x850, 411K)

Yeah, I can't imagine air conditioning that place electricity wise but it is hella cool

>air conditioning
I feel like heating would be the bigger problem since hot air rises. For air conditioning, couldn't you have some vertical stacks that go above the typical ceiling so the air would want to go there and as it moves up it would naturally create currents that pull the hot air away from the living space below?

I generally /vanlife/ for at least a month a year. I do work usually, so I'm not totally broke, and I always have a gym membership for showers (even when I have a house, I fell for the Jow Forums meme.)
If you're /vanlife/, it's really not hard to just shit in regular toilets. In a city, there's always a ShitMart or something with public restrooms, and if you're innawoods it's far easier to just dig holes.

For pissing, I agree. Unless you have a bus-sized RV, having a bathroom is a tremendous space drain on an already cramped vehicle. Even if you do have a full RV, using the toilet still means you have a tank of piss sitting inside your vehicle and it still has to be emptied from time to time. Using your own toilet should really just be avoided as much as possible.

Good point! I live in a warm place so never think about heating