Take the guitar pill

>easy to play
>relatively cheap to start (I started on a 50$ guitar from a thift store)
>millions of fun, robot-tier songs
>girls love it
>your family will love it
>you will love it

Attached: nick_drake_action-495x400.jpg (495x400, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hjpF8ukSrvk
youtube.com/watch?v=yPWEuoaQYQo
nickdraketabs.co.uk/
youtube.com/watch?v=fG7t22IGonw
youtube.com/watch?v=ARmKs-tMnK0
youtube.com/watch?v=9g-vyrGKGWM
youtube.com/watch?v=LlSIQmFQPBM
youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk
youtube.com/watch?v=xIZ99oQ1piE
youtube.com/watch?v=8tV_5rC0N2I
vocaroo.com/i/s1oOJLlzxups
youtube.com/watch?v=N-pShRISHnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6uIQTgndAWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pink moon is his best by far btw

how do i learn to play?

I play guitar. It's fun. I loved playing even more when I got a fuzz pedal 3 years ago.

nah im a pianist

I play and my family doesnt like it

why would you just admit that you're a penis
get out of our thread penis boii

>play bass for years
>still want to play guitar

the thing about playing guitar and you realize this after like a decade of playing thinking you're Yngwie Malmsteen or Victor Wooten..
you only sound so good by yourself.

bass and guitar really shine when they compliment each other simultaneously. each one on it's own is kinda meh. hence, bands.

Start by learning 'the base chords:' E, C, D, and G. With those chords you can play a lot of songs.

Also your first guitar should get an acoustic. Those are easier to learn on.

It seems daunting at first but you get the hang of it. Learning guitar was a great thing for me, I'm really glad I didn't quit. Link related was my first song.
youtube.com/watch?v=hjpF8ukSrvk

Attached: e0f97435d6d2be7a0228fcfab1aa69e9--david-gilmore-rockstars.jpg (550x772, 151K)

Easy to play my ass, I've been trying for 2 years and I still can't play shit

Attached: C3754B2D-43AB-444B-BEC8-F5D95572F924.jpg (413x478, 65K)

I play the recorder. Been playing for 6 years and I"ll go fucking Baroque on your wannabe rocker ass.

it's really easy, just youtube lessons. There's usually a good recurring thread on MU that has an FAQ on good resources for beginners.

I would want to start learning e-guitar
is there anything special to consider or watch out for?

Attached: 1501354426689.jpg (1065x1200, 211K)

I play only folk music and this was the first song I learned youtube.com/watch?v=yPWEuoaQYQo

It took me like 2 months but after that I was able to play tons of other great songs in a very short amount of time. Next I'd recommend learning Nick Drake songs nickdraketabs.co.uk/

Also if you lack motivation make guitar songs the only thing you listen to. Here are some links to get you started.
youtube.com/watch?v=fG7t22IGonw
youtube.com/watch?v=ARmKs-tMnK0
youtube.com/watch?v=9g-vyrGKGWM

Attached: 1517809060123.png (300x232, 7K)

I play guitar for 7 years.
>family will love it
There's nothing worse than "user, what will you play for X's birthday?"
>girls love it
Most girls don't care for it either, unless they're into rock and/or metal to begin with, and that kind of girls are increasingly rare. Hipster retards that are into jazz are worst decision you can make too. No they're not good in bed, unlike metal chicks.
>you will love it
And hate it too.

What I'm trying to say is that if you're going to pick something up, hobby or activity - do it only because of yourself, fuck others and what others think, trust me at the end of the day - everyone cares about themselves and you'll be far happier if you'll do what makes you happy and feel good and not what others praise you for in front of your eyes.

>What I'm trying to say is that if you're going to pick something up, hobby or activity - do it only because of yourself, fuck others and what others think, trust me at the end of the day - everyone cares about themselves and you'll be far happier if you'll do what makes you happy and feel good and not what others praise you for in front of your eyes.
This is the best advice one could ever give to a neophyte who wants to learn guitar and I couldn't agree more with you. Well said, user.

guitar pill is actually bretty decent desu for attracting semi-attractive girls who have nothing else going for them other than their semi-attractiveness (which is usually tied to their youthfulness but i digress)

have never met a girl who has her shit together who cares about string pluckers tho

>easy to play
Easy to play easy songs. If you wanna be the guy at the party who plays Wonderwall, sure, but anyone who's good has to put in a hell of a lot of hours. I've been playing on and off since I was like 13 and I still wouldn't call myself good.

>be transsexual
>hate voice
>write edgy Nazi lyrics
>never even attempt to learn music theory, proper technique, or any songs that aren't totally my own from scratch
>TFW half your album is girly poetry with lyrics like "where do butterflies go in the winter time" and "sometimes rainbows fade but come around in time"
>but the other half is "You'll be hanged by your neck until your death - DAY OF THE ROPE!!!" and "come get your JACKBOOTS, arm bands, your 88s!"
>tfw play live show for a mixed group
>mfw offend feminists who 5 seconds ago were fawning over my girl cock because of the butterflies song
>get kicked off campus for neo Nazi lyrics
>Tfw the LGB fags hate you for being against their narrative
>trans hate you for using man voice for half the songs
>Nazis hate you for being trans despite loving the music
Kek

Attached: 1522806271179.jpg (1200x1200, 122K)

Get a cheap as shit guitar to learn on then save up for something actually good, don't get drawn in by mid range models just go straight for something quality.

Look up your local functions agency, look at their setlist, learn as many songs on it as you can. If you learn them all you can make $$$ a night for doing very little. The music won't be hard, you won't necessarily have to play it that well either, repertoire is key.

Learn to sing BVs and get like 0.25 more gigs. Learn bass and get more gigs, learn to produce from home so you can make your own shit and charge people for production stuff, learn theory and just git gud at technique so you can teach. Each thing you add to your belt can become potential extra revenue and it's pretty substantial desu. Like functions typically you're gonna be getting $100 upwards per night depending on how good or shit your agency is. Wedding gigs can be anywhere up to like $600. You can make a really good living off playing relatively easy music.

Driving licence is a big thing but if you know a drummer or a singer or a bassist who can drive just share lifts with them and offer to pay petrol, you shouldn't need to lug too much gear with you.

Just for the love of god don't fall for the metal meme. It'll take years of your life from you. Even if you gain moderate success it won't last and the skills you gain playing metal DO NOT translate as easily to other music as the purists would like you to think. I'm not saying don't play metal, just make sure to not make your WHOLE practice schedule metal for the love of god.

Koakuma kunny
nubab

Attached: 88aef98971cb8464d3c22efe4754a6a6.jpg (800x982, 117K)

I can only speak from experience but my gf loves it when I play guitar and I was never asked to play at some kids birthday lol.

>what I'm trying to say is that if you're going to pick something up, hobby or activity - do it only because of yourself, fuck others and what others think
I totally agree with that, however girls was my first motivation and then I ended up loving it myself later on. you'll notice a lot of people on Jow Forums have a similar experience with lifting if you happen to browse there.

Attached: 1042332.jpg (230x299, 25K)

Guitar is fun until your skill plateaus for months and you aren't getting any better so you get bored and stop playing for ages

post album please

especially if it plateaus at the upper end.

i got to the point where i was playing entire albums of my favorite bands by ear.
i felt like i couldn't go any further than that, like what more is there to do, i can pretty much play anything within reason, obviously try hard technical stuff takes longer, but most of that shit is fancy right hand technique (sweeping).

I've been playing for almost 20 years now. It has never got me laid because I preferred to sit in my room all day and practice/compose/study than talk to people. Good hobby though; I doubt I'd be alive now if it wasn't for guitar and music composition. Those skills have nothing to do with my main medfag profession, but I feel mastering a creative skill spills over into all your whole brain-wide creativity and critical thinking as a whole.

>don't fall for the metal meme.
I'm pretty much exclusively interested in noise, mathy midwest stuff, prog and post rock. Is that also a bad mentality?

Attached: B3265A2B-AC94-4EC2-BBA8-CE2C077222BA.jpg (496x359, 27K)

Play whatever you like. It's your guitar. Just always be open to new playstyles and different genres of music and you'll stay golden ponyboy.

Idk about you but depression has taken the life out of videogames, tv, movies, basically any hobby from me. The only thing that cheered me up is singing songs on my cheap acoustic guitar. Practicing guitar was sometimes boring but real life was so much worse that I guess I stuck with it.

I love midwest and math, but most of the stuff sounds horrible when played by itself.

>what more is there to do
Learn how to play classical style

It really is. I can play basicly every beatles song in a week. Their music is piss easy. Definatly gonna move onto Drake now.

No not at all really, just if you wanna make money out of it prioritize normie music. There's so much easy money out there that you just can't grab with crazy sweeps and 280bpm tremmolo picking.

I'm only saying this cause in my own experience I wish I'd spent more time on that other stuff sooner because I could have avoided retail altogether if I just had my functions repitoir together at the right time.

I played in a very moderately successful metal band for a while and made a bit of money off that but the amount of try hard to bleed a few grand out of metal pales in comparison to the relatively low effort time investment it takes to develop useful skills in music people are gonna pay for.

You can have both for sure. Just fuck, wish I prioritized that shit sooner.

Any guitarists have any advice on how to improve singing while playing? if I'm in the mood I can do it just fine, but sometimes I get nervous and I end up fumbling all over myself.

Five Leaves Left is actually.

aditional note: I hadn't touched the instrument a week ago.

Turn the amp up so loud you can't hear your own singing

>like what more is there to do
youtube.com/watch?v=LlSIQmFQPBM

I improved my singing by trying to match my tone to songs I'd listen to in the car, that way no can hear me

keep trying and have lots of patience. know the guitar parts by heart obviously as well

Fingerstyle guitar is the patrician way of playing guitar

>girls love it
Are you one of those guys that ruins parties by pulling out your fucking guitar and playing basic ass tunes that nobody wanted to hear in the first place just so you can get attention?

Attached: Partyguitarguy.png (499x494, 380K)

I usually play acoustic.

How do you know if you're matching the tone correctly? I can sing pretty well if I just wing it, but I sound autistic if I try to sound liek someone else.

Yeah, I've only been playing for a year for about an hour a night so I might be expecting too much of myself here.

On another note, why do I sound like complete shit when I try to sing with headphones on?

If it feels like your ears are in pain and the notes are scratching against each other, you're off tone. If it almost sounds like you're not even singing but you feel air coming out of your lungs, you got it

I don't go to parties so no

Post your favorite players

youtube.com/watch?v=YSh-YsyjpXk
youtube.com/watch?v=xIZ99oQ1piE

Attached: WP3UMRV.gif (500x409, 378K)

If its about money, i'm not really in it for that. I just want to master the instrument and make what I want to make on it. I don't really give a shit what sells and what doesn't.

Attached: 1880B231-907C-4A90-8FF4-032D7D5D4837.jpg (540x712, 46K)

i went camping with a kid who brought his guitar and he played the same shit over and over again trying to sound cool. then i took it and started playing classical gas and everyone was shocked because no one even knew i played, made the kid look like a faggot lol

saxophone masterrace faggot

As a general rule of thumb, the guy that shoves his guitar playing down everyone's throat sucks dick at it

>not being a multi instrumentalist
Tenor sax is best sax though

Pick up the guitar guys, it's a friend for life.

youtube.com/watch?v=8tV_5rC0N2I
What do y'all think?

What am I to do if my fingers are tiny as fuck and I can't stretch my hands across 4 frets?

Awh. I'd rather not draw any attention to my sound cloud, but I made you a live version and even meow at the ending to be kawaii n_n

I kinda botched a lot of my own lyrics :/
And my guitar wasn't tuned after about 3 minutes but I just kept playing anyway.

It'll be good someday, I promise!

vocaroo.com/i/s1oOJLlzxups

Attached: 1520228367667.png (864x512, 25K)

take the Django pill

Attached: Django_Reinhardt_(Gottlieb_07301).jpg (990x1220, 676K)

Git gud there's little girls who can play really technical songs with their small hands

I want to learn how to play more down the line. I've got two electrics and an acoustic now, but I should have enough money soon to justify buying another instrument and more gear.
Bass, drums, keyboard / piano, and banjo hopefully. The classical style of playing guitar too.

The guitar is a normie instrument

You know, a few years ago I wanted to start playing guitar, Nick Drake greatly inspired me, but some things weren't going good I'm life and I didn't get into it.
Now I've been listening to some nice guitar music and I feel that itch again to start. I'm still broke as fuck though.

I feel like just going there to shit on you advertising now

>You should avoid liking things I don't like! Or else you're a nyyyooorrrmiiieee.

Every normie out there practices guitar thinking they'll be the next big band

Day of the mother fucking rope they'll rope you too tranny

Good song but sometime you hit the strings way too hard and it ruins the chord

Jesus christ fuck off will you

Synth is the patrician robot instrument

on every thread there's always gonna be anime posters, but who cares, the mascot for Jow Forums is some chibi weeb shit so I cant really complain

Attached: SeemsGood.jpg (112x112, 3K)

It's literally just a sound clip of a 7 min live recording of one song on a host site. there is no identifying information, song name, band name, affiliate links, ads, or profile, or sales pitch. So.... Shit on whatever you want. We'll rope you up by your own belt!!

:( cuz I want to be punk AF

Tfw I will never have these skills

Wow I feel like trash compared to these

Die in a fire, you elitist mongoloids. Fuck, you idiots are insufferable.

Get the fuck off my website you idiotic idealistic normie

>2 speedy responses in a row
You're spooking me now.

i want to learn bass guitar but i'm too much of an autist to ever join a band, also im 24 so it feels like too late
also i have shitty sausage troll fingers

little known fact, 6ix9ine is very much into old delta blues guitar.

Attached: 6ix9ine.jpg (1200x630, 153K)

Just been playing over a year, and it's amazing how much I have progressed. Would recommend. Start with a good second hand practice amp on ebay and an encore e6 strat, second hand or new. Much easier to play than acoustic, you'll have more fun, and you'll be less likely to give up. You dont need lessons, just youtube.

did not like

nice to see some blues itt

youtube.com/watch?v=N-pShRISHnQ

Attached: 6b51ca7c6b260ce5bb7c9cc2468e5a62.jpg (252x284, 8K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6uIQTgndAWM

guitar is retardely difficult to play, fuck it.

t. saxophone

>tfw want to join the piano master race
>tfw will never be marvelous because i didnt start as a child
FUCK

too bad none of you are as good as nick fucken drake lol

I think the only reason people who start as children end up better is because they are able to devote more time to it. Work eats up most of your adult life.
t. person who started lessons in 3rd grade and basically quit halfway through college.
If you really want it, make the time and go for it. I believe in you.

but I have no understanding of music and my ability to hear musical notes is non existant, I really dont understand the appeal, at least learn electric guitar because it makes cool sounds, normal guitar is just retarded

That's okay thanks for listening n_n

half of you "robots" of fucking unoriginal shills. literally if normies like something you are too much of a sheep to decide if you like that thing for YOURSELF you just immediately throw it away because you dont want to be like the normies. some of you faggots are just as sheepish as normies, except your worse because you're hypocrites.

Sick makes me wanna learn some bluesier stuff

Normie retards like you are a disgrace

bumperion orginal

>Just for the love of god don't fall for the metal meme
Fucking this especially when I was in high school, I use to be obsessed with fast picking shredding and sweep picking, until I tried out for multiple bands including a friend of mine and realized how terrible of a musician I was because I was terrible at phrasing and slowing the fuck down.

What are robot tier instruments and is it too late for a 33 year old failure to start? I like folk music. Worth learning the lute?

what kind of folk and no it's not too late

I fell for the guitar meme and bought a mexican jazzmaster a month ago. I'm still learning chords and can't play the songs that I want to but I know it's going to be so worth it when I finally can.

Attached: j-mascis-fender-jazzmaster-640x426.jpg (639x426, 46K)

Im not a shill but I have to tell you,
Rocksmith 2014 was perhaps one of the best tihngs I have ever bought, Its a really easy way of learning guitar because it takes you from the very beginning, on how to tune, and hold it, to advanced things like pinch harmonics and tapping

stuff like greensleeves

how long did it take you? orig

what about when you have no sense of rhythm, and no hand eye coordination, what do then

I've been playing since 2013, I'm still not that great though but I enjoy it.
I too started with Rocksmith 2014 and can vouch for its effectiveness. If you get it for the love of god get it on PC, you can get all the DLC free and there's thousands of custom songs.

I actually ordered a cheap bass the other night and I'm excited to play it I've not had a bass since 2015. First song I'm gonna play on bass is Famous Prophets by Car Seat Headrest.

Well how badly do you want to play? What kind of music do you like?

i like stuff like the doors, but also some old metal like tool. would be pretty good i guess to play stuff like that. And not badly either.

Good point. Although you should try classical guitar.

how about you stop finding excuses not to do something.

Attached: 1521347213604.jpg (753x830, 267K)

I can't do it user, It's not excuses when you literally cannot move your fingers the correct way to manipulate the strings