Is subculture dead?

is subculture dead?
i cant think of any new ones as most of them seem to be carried over from the 2000s.
if subculture is dead what killed it?

Attached: subculture.jpg (960x902, 254K)

This is the most reddit image I've ever seen

most of them are stereotypes of the stereotypes of the subculture they're meant to be

i can't even tell what any of them are supposed to be. i guess to answer OP's question it morphed into the sjw/weeb/mental illness "subcultures" i guess.

I would argue that SJW and alt-right are a subculture.

i hate that semi realistic art style,they all look dead.it reminds me of that reddit marvel wedding picture.

Really?
What I don't know is what the fat long haired bearded man is supposed to be.
Between the Juggalo and the skinhead.

These are all from that website yoursubculturesucks. I don't know if it's still around, though. Hardly seems relevant, anymore.

Jesus Christ
alkaline

>starter kit emo
>early 2000's scene girls
>fucc boy scene
>Crow inspired goth
>hipster
>rockabilly girl
>steam punk
>juggalo
>80's and 90's punks
>skin head
>blackmetal dude
The red heads, chubby girl with skull beanie, the girl with green tartan dress, the guy with the minishorts and the twink in tartan vest were proto SJW. The difference between the subcultures and SJW's is that at least the subculture groups put effort in their looks, whereas SJW's look like subculture aesthetics done wrong.

Subcultures still exist, but they're defined mainly by politics instead of music now. The dominant subcultures these days are SJW (queer, trans, feminist) and alt-right.

It's what pisses me off. There's no longer a way to be cool and different anymore. Now to be cool you have to have zero quirks, zero differences, and have the exact same opinions as the rest of your same age peers. Being cool isn't worth it because you need to listen to shit music, watch shit shows, and be around boring vapid people

No retard trap and soundcloud rap is a subculture it really reminds me of punk since the stars are basically nobodies, their music sucks and they project a controversial image and love to do drugs. As an old punk i am kind of cheered by these kids.

Even subcultures that have nothing to do with politics are infiltrated by it. Everyone has an opinion nowadays and your either on my team or your the worst thing ever. I miss when most people didn't give that much of a fuck about politics.

They're still around, only less so. There is a thriving goth scene in my city, could name a club on 5 days of the week. The Mexicans are keeping the punk and emo scenes alive here, and metal just chugs along. I do see fewer people dressed like that on the street, but clubs are still packed and whenever a famous punk or metal band or something comes to town it always sells out. I think people just stopped dressing in subculture gear every day. The scenes still buzz.
>t. 28 year old edgelord who still attends these events periodically

Please tell me where you Iive.

by definition that is exactly what they are. op is just a chimp

loved this site back in like 2009. I think he was "hipster jesus" a caricature of the bearded fellows who started appearing in hipster crowds at some point.
>tfw I dressed as neo-thrash in high school

Los Angeles. Fuck off, we're full.

Ew. Don't worry I don't wanna come there anyways. Except one day I'll probably try to go to anime expo.

>DUDE WEED 420 LMAO XD
>Skinhead
>Neckbeard
>Juggalo
>Faggot
>Goth
>Punk
>Girl faggot
>Gangster
>SJW
>Slut
>Gay emo
>Hippie
>Uglycore
>Gayer emo
>Hot topic goth
>Nerd who blinked for the picture
>dude weed lmao
>spic
>Nice guy
>Kill me please
>Faggot 2
>Frumpcore
>Depression
>Bugman
>Steampunk Bugman
>Dude metal lmao

Are these based of actual people? I swear I see the guy from brokencyde, violent J, and the guy from a skylit drive

Fuck off, it's full too

Attached: 1508068967351.jpg (600x732, 77K)

>Subcultures still exist, but they're defined mainly by politics instead of music now

Politics was always part of subculture. Even metal got involved, if mostly in an anti-censorship way.

A lot of the apathy people had about politics was driven by cynicism that no real change could happen. The Bernie Sanders (who brought proper leftist ideas into the mainstream) and Donald Trump (who made people realize that actually yes, anyone *can* be president) campaigns dispelled a lot of that cynicism. That's why everyone cares about politics now: because in a weird way, even if most people don't realize it, it's actually revived their faith in the system.

Some of those subcultures are still alive but either strayed out of the mainstream reach or integrated with either the alt-right or SJWs. The scenes that are still alive from where I live are:
>punk and hardcore
>garage and low-fi
>prog-metal and death metal
>goth
>EDM
To be honest it's a good thing that most of these subcultures are "dead" to the mainstream because the only people stuck along are those who really loves and has a passion to those subcultures. One thing I find interesting is that most punk rocker oldheads that was in the scene around the mid 80s have a better appreciation for people like XXX Tentacion than they have for the modern millennial punk rock fans.