Is there any way to cure procrastination?

is there any way to cure procrastination?

Attached: 1520530337204.jpg (666x999, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2pDVkVuC3Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=OoA4017M7WU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only if you get a boyfriend to motivate you.

If your parents didn't instill you with work ethic and motivation they is honestly no hope for you.

Probably not. Ive been a lazy procrastinating shit my whole life and its only gotten worse with age.

homelesness

Yes; maybe later, though.

Leave your room, go to somewhere that you can be productive, like a library or something. It works great for me, and I'm a lazy shit.

Just do it even when you don't want to. Eventually you'll just do it naturally.

There is hope for you if you haven't gotten into maladaptive daydreaming. If you do have it, then good fucking luck. I will spend the majority of my time daydreaming unless I have someone physically around me trying to enforce my work ethic.

Sure, but we'll figure it out tomorrow.

Attached: 1463431500428.png (411x354, 5K)

Oh cool I didn't know that had a name. I spend my entire life in a fictional fantasyland.

Yes and no.

You have to find a reason to not procrastinate, if you have no reason to achieve your goal then why the fuck are you doing it anyway?

But if there is a reason, then focus on that, and then try to change things up, go to the library to work instead of trying to work at your house, get a friend involved somehow, drink a pot of coffee, put on some music you've never listened to, anything to shake things up.

And if it's something serious like focusing on your career, then you might just have to look yourself in the mirror and have a big boy talk with your reflection, "Listen you faggot, do you want to keep being a fat piece of shit and sit here eating cheetos, or do you want to go out there and become the best fucking dildo salesman in the united states?"

You might very well choose the first option, but don't lie to yourself, don't hide from the fact that you have two choices; working toward your goal or not working toward your goal.

Have a goal/something you want to reach or do
If the wish is strong, so will the will

Otherwise you won't do shit

Attached: 1477881241141.png (1108x878, 575K)

Start making bad decisions

I have this too except my doctor calls it something called 'schizophrenia'. It probably it's mostly the same I think except sometimes I dream when I don't try to.

Attached: 111.png (900x1042, 90K)

Do the fun part first. Save the repetitive shitty part of a project when you already have some experience with the cool part.

I spend most of my time daydreaming. I'll be doing something productive, then something will trigger me going to dreamland, like something I read or an event that just happened in front of me. Am I gonna make it, bros? Please tell me this is normal to sit for hours in a single place imagining I'm an extraterrestrial visiting Earth on a mission to meet the president and warn him about an incoming meteor. b-bros?

Attached: hot damn.png (300x300, 101K)

Kaizen.

It's a japanese principle where you practice something for one minute a day.

There are 1440 minutes in one day - however busy you might tell yourself you are, you can still find one minute to do something productive for one of those minutes.

Another principle is also to just make your bed everyday. It might seem like nothing but it's the same reason why they have soldiers make their beds in the army. It's a way of practising control over your environment and getting into a good routine.

Yes, you can escape from all your responsabilities and procrastination forever. Just follow these simple steps.
youtu.be/2pDVkVuC3Uw

Attached: Cure.jpg (1200x1599, 253K)

I was in the same boat. Daydream about something productive.

If you're into music or whatever, daydream about your first live performance, or daydream about coming up with a song that gets a million hits on youtube or soundcloud, etc.

it helps to daydream about more modest situations because daydreaming about winning a Grammy or touring the world is out of reach for now.

If you're constantly daydreaming about fantasy settings - then write it down or draw it out and turn that shit into a book or a video game.

gold tier reply

taking meth
however that requires you looking for a dealer or learning how to use the deepweb, so it's a catch 22

Papa Peterson's talked about it here.

youtube.com/watch?v=OoA4017M7WU

Basically there is unfortunately a big genetic factor in it. People are either born industrious or not. There are, however, things you can do to help. For one, set up a bunch of micro goals for yourself that independently lead you towards your ultimate goals. What you also wanna do is keep in mind your ideal future in regards to your goals so you have something good to reach for, and a worst possible future that you'll be terrified of and want to avoid. The combination of the two will help push you along.

As someone who's been a lazy piece of shit my whole life, though, no words I've ever heard or read have ever really helped me. The longest I seem able to stay on an upward path is about 2 weeks. Beyond that I always fall off the wagon and go back to being a worsening failure. I don't know what to do.

AAHHHHHHH

I've been trying to write multiple book about my daydreams but I keep coming up with new Ideas and abandoning my older works for new ones for the past 6 years now. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Why wont god listen.png (808x805, 442K)

underrated nigger

yes. say at this time i'm going to do this, make yourelf do it.

origigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigigi

Attached: 1518635873360.png (1000x1000, 112K)

Well at least you're trying. Why not go back and read through your early stuff? You might be able to reconcile several ideas into one. Even the greatest novels and scripts go through dozens if not hundreds of edits and re-writes.

the fuck this guy sucks at speaking

I do that and is enough to give me the warm fuzzies without doing any work, so I lose interest in doing stuff.

>tfw I'm too apathetic to find a goal that gets me motivated

Attached: guess I'll die.jpg (800x682, 84K)

>I do that

do what? write stuff down or make music or what?

Try sharing it with other people and see what they think of it.

This is sort of true. If you don't have the proper foundation growing up, you basically have to just force yourself to learn discipline despite your entire psychology trying to stop you. It's incredibly difficult, but possible. I've seen people turn themselves around.

Daydreaming about something productive. My imagination is too good with all the practice it gets.

>Daydreaming about something productive.

specifically what though? I'm curious.

How is working on something for one minute productive ?

IM THE WORST!!!

Skkxjdjsis

No im even lazier now that I'm homeless cause I see why the fuck would I work for a home and all the bills!

It's more productive than working on it than 0 minutes.

It's also about instilling that habit of making it a routine. Of course you don't want to do something if you have to commit to it for an hour. A minute is all you need.

Then that one minute everyday can become a few minutes everyday, and then half an hour, and then an hour, etc.

Lots of stuff, picking up Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, making another attempt at the little game I started with Blender that got in such a rut not even the Blender StackExchange couldn't help, making my personal music streaming service and fixing up my home server in general... And then there's my job I do the bare minimum at and I think my boss is finally wising up.

I thought that's schizophrenia.

You might have the ADD senpai some medication couldn't hurt probably.

2FMA, Meth, Ritalin, Speed, Adderall, Vyvanse

Tried and tested, even in clinical procrastinators

Attached: 1436922082612.jpg (739x598, 36K)

Even if you don't have ADD, stimulants will still help. I use 2FMA or Vyvanse 1-2 times a week when I need to be productive with breaks of 1-2 weeks. At times I have used them up to 4 times a week in high stress times.

Over the long term I haven't noticed any bad side effects, or addiction. Sometimes I go without them for up to 3 months when I have little to do or vacations. Obviously if you have a more addictive personality it might be harder to control your use though...

Attached: 1441623701476.png (789x680, 55K)

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
No, pls no. I have enough problems being an autistic robot neet, last thing I need is something like that. pls no.

Attached: 666.jpg (666x666, 666K)

too much work. I'd rather just sit here playing vidya

If only vidya could help. Got a massive backlog and all I can play for more than five minutes is Link-A-Pix and the taiko games for 3DS. At least I'm starting to git gud and will FC a song on hard soon.

literally meth