/UNI/ Thread

>walk into class as if it's just like any other day
>look around and notice classmates pulling out essays that were due today
>Holy fuck I totally forgot
>panic.gif
>decide the only rational thing to do is to just get up and leave
>arrive home and contemplate why I continued to do this to myself
>tfw this is not the first time

Attached: 1430742599416.jpg (209x250, 7K)

>be so ahead of coursework that there's literally n o t h i n g to do
>spend the entire in bed bored out of your mind because uni work is literally the only thing that vaguely interests you and gives you purpose
I'm conflicted

What grade are you in? Would you consider a career in academia?

>continue to make good grades
>average for class keeps lowering
someone explain this shit to me

Attached: 1497475448434.jpg (233x216, 9K)

>see exam got graded online
>panic like always
>got a 97%
>mean was 66%

Attached: 1515216269809.jpg (1600x1600, 894K)

>Got lab exam tomorrow, haven't studied
>Have something due almost every night for the 3rd week in a row, only taking 13 credit hours
>Have huge project due at in a couple weeks but don't get time to work on it cause other classes want attention
>TFW everyday I regret not going to tradeschool and becoming an electrician or something more and more
I did get an 84.5% on my cal exam so theres that

Attached: univ.png (755x502, 621K)

>get desperate
>decide to try out moda
>find out about duckdose, fast delivery, just in time, perfect
>wait a couple of days to get back to uni after easter
>duckdose just shutdown, have to find alternative
>slower, more expensive
>ok, w/e, just give me moda
>money taken out of my account but still no delivery confirmation
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 5834958239453.jpg (600x299, 18K)

>pissing down raining today
>really don't want to go
>leaning towards going for a brief walk to get a big breakfast and a drink, getting some money out for drugs, and skipping
today is pretty pointless, I only have 2 classes but lol 6 hour break inbetween. its too fuckin cold to spend all day out, and I'm not totally failing.

>What grade are you in?
About to finish 2nd year out of 3 (UK).
>Would you consider a career in academia?
Nah, never, don't think I'm good enough. The only reason this happens is because I have nothing else to occupy my time with as in no friends (apart from coursemates whom I only really see at the labs where I go every day) and it probably helps that I genuinely enjoy programming (doing CS). It's weird but I hate doing shit for myself, everything I do has to have some sort of a purpose or there's no real motivation. Have loads of personal projects that I've started and never got to finishing because I always get to the point where I feel like what I'm doing is stupid and pointless. I do, however, like doing work for others, for grades, deadlines and possibly money, then it can truly become my life for the duration of the project/assignment lol

>tfw finally pulled the all nighter and completed a fifth of my thesis

Attached: 1372304620669.png (304x287, 116K)

Am i not a NEET if I am in Uni just ironically.

>get consistently good grades
>get recognition of peers
>become paranoid about forgetting to do an assingment/ not sutdy enough
>center my whole life around studying so i dont get bad grades
>start to think that maybe my uni is just shitty and easy
now grades mean nothing and effort is lost

Attached: ape.jpg (600x423, 38K)

Chill out, tell the proffesor and ask for an extension, its not a big deal.

This is not worthy of freaking out

I cant stand anyone in my class. I fucking hate all of them. And by the way, a smug lecturer tried to throw a curve ball wanting an answer to a stupid fucking question singling me out just because Im quiet in class. If there are morons more enthusiastic about answering your random stupid fucking questions then why the fuck would I brother to raise my hand? You are teaching a basic fucking bio class, dont get a head of yourself.

>want to study but for some reason can't find the willpower to do so
>consistent bad grades and failed classes
>self hatred because of it
>lower motivation everytime
>can't get out of the loop
At this point I'm just wondering why I didn't quit yet, be it life or uni

Im at like a C minus for one of my elective courses so that sucks, but every other class im doing well. For one of my major courses I got over 100% on the midterm so im happy about that.
>tfw can only do chem and bio and everything else is a blur

Attached: 1518221292041.gif (540x304, 850K)

how much hours do you study per week approx (including time spent at lectures)

i have an exam tomorrow, ill most likely fail

uni has been the worst time of my life

>class is held in a smal computer labratory because our professor is teaching us C# next to the theoretical computer science
>the temperatures have risen sharply but for some reason they haven't turned off the heating
>window is broken and can't be open fully
>there is a neckbear with us in class
>he reeks, always
>try to sit as far as I can from him
>classroom is small so it does no good
>entire classroom reeks of this guy
>i had to endure that
>for 4
>fucking
>hours

fuck, why some people don't fucking wash

i have a problem and i rarely bath, how do i know if other people notice that i smell bad, i havent noticed anyone avoiding me

>two weeks ago
>same classroom
>same class
>same guy
>he had a premade program written(one we were programing at that class)
>uploads it
>instead of leaving he stays to stink up the classroom and brag about how he solved it before everyone else
>he goes to "help" a guy and 3 girls
>spouts some autistic bullshit at them
>he is showing something on the screen while standing behind them
>head of one of the girls is 2 cm below his armit
>the stench

Poor girl

Well it's not about him not bathing, if he only was to put on a deodorant it would be far better, the entire classroom reeked of sweat, if he simply didn't wash himself nobody would probabl notice since they would have to get really close and smell him directly

You just have to try and bathe regularly. People may give you weird looks and stuff or pretend they dont notice out of embarrassment. The problem is that you become accustomed to your own smell and dont notice it after a while

It helps me to stay way from the PC, less distracions.

>electrical engineering 101 exam in a week
>currently studying the AC
>100 times more complicated than DC
pic related

Attached: gq2zsc6i5qc01.png (2518x1024, 215K)

>tfw have literally fluctuated between
>exactly how you feel, getting so far ahead that it's honestly prolly detrimental desu
>being so depressed and far behind can barely pass

>"virgin" AC
>infinitely more useful than DC

lmao what nerd virgin came up with this, that's like doing a "virgin fossil fuels" vs. "chad steam" panel

Are you graded by that Gauss curve shit?
Basically your grade is determined on how well your classmates do

lmao
>implying AC won't fade into history once we stop burning the fosil fuels and start getting our electricity from the renewable sources

>get transferable AA degree
>never transfer, work full time instead
>six years later want to finally return to school and finish BA and hopefully move on to Master's but don't know how and am terribly afraid
What do I do rowbutts? I was thinking I could call my old school's transfer center and see if I can get an appointment with a counselor there and figure out my options but I also am afraid of going back to school at an older age and having to juggle full time employment, school and other aspects of my life. I was debating taking a course or two over the summer to get back in to the swing of things too at my local CC.

>paper worth 50% due in less than 3 hours
>4 pages left to do
>been up for almost a day and a half at school

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>TFW everyday I regret not going to tradeschool and becoming an electrician or something more and more
You're not alone in this feel, friend. Seeing people I know buying cars and shit, while I still can't afford to upgrade my fucking GPU makes me feel like I'm slaving away for nothing.

Attached: 1494009856575s.jpg (250x221, 7K)

My dad is a welder, which is a well paid trade here, he could probably teach me how to do it if I asked, since I probably won't finish the college anyway

>tfw too autistic to ask him
>tfw I'll probaby just end up doing a mcjob for a minimum wage because I didn't have enough guts to ask my father to help me

>tfw you're on track for a first class honours but some poo in loo gives you a shit grade, ruining your hopes and dreams of doing decent in your degree

just want to end it all tbqhwyf

Attached: 1523381381240m.jpg (1024x1024, 141K)

not that user, but my dad is a welder too and he got me to go into uni instead of tradeschool, otherwise I would have probably done a trade or some oil rig stuff because im in leafland.

How far in in your degree are you? I'm in my last year finishing a meme degree (philosophy) that will at least give me a somewhat comfy teaching job, so not finishing college would be idiotic in my situation. But if I were to start my life over again, I would pick a simple trade and not go to college at all. It just isn't worth the amount of effort and suffering I've endured.

I'm second year computer science, I already flunked the first year once, bearly got to the second, and I still have some subjects from the first year. Only real subject I've passed is mathematical analysis still got electrical enginieering and electronics 101, and linear algebra. Also I didn't manage to pass discreet mathemathics on my midterms this year, same thing with databases. There is a 99% chance that I'll flunk this year as well. Luckily uni is "free" here, that is really cheap. But if I had to pay it i probably wouldn't even go there so yea...

I wanted to go to leafland to be a truck driver, my parents weren't really supportive

Also I'm going to a meme university, and I'm actually fucking studying, so that means that I'm probably too retarded to anything except for a mcjob

>How far in in your degree are you? I'm in my last year finishing a meme degree (philosophy) that will at least give me a somewhat comfy teaching job, so not finishing college would be idiotic in my situation. But if I were to start my life over again, I would pick a simple trade and not go to college at all. It just isn't worth the amount of effort and suffering I've endured.
Very much this but with a different meme major

>I wanted to go to leafland to be a truck driver,
That would have been a comfy job. Honestly quality of life is really good over here even for working class

>Have to write a 10 page paper using original research
If I make it all up what are the chances they find out? Like say I pretend I conducted a survey, do you think I will be able to get away with it?

I know, I have a cousin over there who works as a truck driver.
The fact is, life here as a working class just fucking sucks. You'll hardly be able to ever own anything, and everybody who has any kind of higher education looks at you like you are scum.
My father worked a lot of time as much as 14-16 hours a day, and even with that we couldn't even by a house. Considering he can earn sometimes as much as 4 times the median wage, you can imagine how it is living as a non-skilled worker(you don't live, you starve)

>second year computer science, I already flunked the first year once, bearly got to the second,
Switch to something else man, trust me. I was in your same position and I figured I would be able to just push through the later years. You can not, you need to do well in the beginner shit.

>I was in your same position and I figured I would be able to just push through the later years. You can not, you need to do well in the beginner shit.
Well it's actually opposite here, most of the math and physics is in the first two years, after that it's mostly coding, I'm actually good at it, better than most of my peers, so I just hope to finish the first three years(in a period of 6 actual years), so that I maybe get a job as a programer.

>implying you know anything about electricity if you think DC will ever take over AC

L

M

A
O

Cars are dead investments, unless they're rebuilding musclecars or something those people are actively wasting money.
I mean, a GPU is also a dead investment but it's a significantly smaller one. Living beyond your means and putting yourself infinitely in debt is awful no matter how much you make, don't envy people who blow money like retards.

u guys are in university and some of you sound like such bitches. go outside or something fucking talk to people. join a club. some kids your age don't even have an education. they r so behind that its embarrassing. just fucking be happy

>it's another "chinese engineering TA who can barely speak English gives international chinese students perfect credit for copying down the erroneous solutions manual and takes off points off my homework for doing it correctly, and can't follow a simple train of thought until I baby him through the entire fucking problem" episode
>it's another "SAME TA who gives his cabal of chinks 19/20 while he gives other students 15/20 for the SAME FUCKING MISTAKES (literally confirmed, professor is looking into it)

god I fucking hate uni

Attached: 1430453422386.png (633x758, 30K)

Report his ass

kek I know the struggle. Chinks are actual parasites when they come to other countries and dont give a fuck about anyone but other chinks.

I fucking hate Chinese TAs and Chinese in general.
I have two for one class and they are dumb and dumber, utterly useless and it's shocking to me they've gotten this far in life. Chink TAs can't instruct or help the students in the class as they don't speak English, are unsociable and are absolutely clueless about the material itself. And they take forever to grade and it is always filled with mistakes that you have to argue with the instructor about.
American TAs grade shit on time and correctly in addition to being able to form a rapport with their undergrad students and help instruct them.

>tfw it's another "user failed all his classes this semester and is falling into a deep depression" episode

Attached: 0936A2B5-5B97-4A96-A3BE-A691A4EBBB7B.jpg (480x545, 100K)

]it's a indian comp sci TA who barely has an incomprehensible accent
why dont they make sure these people can speak properly lol

>tricked by the superior yellow jew once again

Attached: yellow jew.jpg (976x549, 76K)

indian TAs have been relatively nice in my experience, aside from being smelly and speaking poor english. i'll take them over chinese any day

best TA have been Whites, particularly russians, some latino, and a jap.

barely has a comprehensible accent*

yeah but then the thoughts arrive, and anxiety....

>tfw white TA who called out chegg users' names at the start of every discussion and would subtract 10 points off their homework grade if they didn't respond
>by the end of the quarter, he only had two cheggers who never revealed themselves, and they automatically failed the homework portion of the course since he subtracted so many points

everyone despised him, but god was he absolutely based

does anyone here have no problem with uni other than it being boring lol

i can't believe I chose the uni with the most asians because I thought I would be surrounded with intelligent people

i've never felt more isolated in my life. these people only stick to themselves, and actively conspire against other races in their courses. what the fuck

>some kids your age don't even have an education. they r so behind that its embarrassing.
Is one of those kids you? :)

Yeah I am full on in fuck it mode. Got a 4/25 on my last quiz, dropped my grade to a C.

I can not imagine the amount of fucking work that would take.

>uni has been the worst time of my life
For robots it always is. I should have saved myself some money and just gone to CC for two years.

>see uni thread
>panic because ive been skipping class for a month

why did you have to remind me
i was happy
bye im not posting here ever again

>see uni thread
>get ego boost as i see robots failing

come on yall it aint hard

>t. meme uni student

what constitutes a meme uni student

calm down bud, you'll like them more if you get to know them. the lecturer really didn't care about you as much as you think

Attached: 14937006_1225186910886790_1077789513_n.png (261x146, 41K)

when a student goes to a meme university

>tfw schools on strike for a month
>tfw benefitting cause marks went up and dont have to do the exams

feels gud

Attached: 1406548328821.png (1280x1313, 1.86M)

what is a meme university

I'm also a philosophy major (3rd year). Do you have any idea what you're gonna do afterwards because I sure as hell don't and I'm too afraid to go into teaching.

if you don't know what is a meme university then you probably go to one

Have you studied abroad? What was it like? I might be going to japan

what is a meme university by your definition

why did you go into philosophy?

a university that people going to other universities will make jokes about
a bad university

I just wanted to let you guys know I got an engineering internship for one of the largest tech companies in the world. I'm really excited, and it seems like my life is finally turning around.

Attached: xhdunj2spxm01.png (1000x800, 380K)

sub top 15

who /memeuni/ here

so any university can be a bad university lol

Idk, I just found philosophy classes to be the most interesting.

I'm going to a computer science uni soon, what should I expect?

virginity

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

im a mech engineering major and in my programming class there's about 5 girls out of 40 people in the class lol

and in the lab for that class there are no girls :e

Got three tests tomorrow.
Didn't study like always and crammed everything the last day.
So far this strategy has been working out but I feel like I'm going to fail my math test tomorrow lol. Just too much information to learn in one day along with other two subjects.
Going to be the first test I ever failed. Oh well.

Hey man I'm in the same boat pretty much. Went in with business but fucking hated every second and it made me depressed so I did a 180 and am no a 3rd year historyfag. I have no idea what I'm doing once I graduate

Doing something related to your major after college is a meme now pretty much. Half the people I know went into some occupation that had absolutely nothing to do with their bachelor's degree.

Does cramming work if you already have a basic foothold on the material? Got a physics exam tomorrow night.

Attached: 1515320202525.png (1514x1756, 1.65M)

>Does cramming work
n-
>if you already have a basic foothold on the material?
yes.

School is going good

Attached: 1494704205198.gif (300x168, 1.93M)

>write a good paper over the course of multiple days
>get a 77
>write a shit paper the night before
>get a 83

My lit professor is a strange old man.

I have a 1,800 word paper due by 11:30am on Thursday I have not started. I have all the sources I need for it and a good idea of what I am going to write about, I just need to start typing. Is this doable? I only have one class I have to go to from now until it's due but it's a 2.5 hour class. At what point am I completely fucked?

>UK
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I usually rushed through my assignment and ended up doing nothing. My parents keep telling me to be more proud of my progress but how the fuck am I supposed to feel accomplished in such a laidback curriculum like this?

>Going back to university for grad school this fall.
>Have to move back across the country.
>Extremely tempted to try and contact my old neighbour.
>She had almost ten years on me but we hit it off anyways.
>She was the only person I every really got close to during my undergrad years.

I don't know what to do lads. Do I try and get into touch with her again? I would have probably turned into a neet dropout if it wasn't for her.

Attached: blur.jpg (540x757, 129K)

>Is this doable?
Yes, are you retarded?

I've written 2000+ word research essays the night before and I'm slow as shit. Do 1000 words tonight and the rest tomorrow.

1800 words aren't that hard. I shit out 2000+ words in a single night for my assessment.

Maybe the smell is actually coming from you and not him.

lmao, somebody recongized himself in the story

'sup

>finished 5000 words thesis, submitted it like 3 weeks early and never look back
>2 days before deadline realise we were supposed to arrange supervisor meeting to discuss out write up
>have done absolutely none of that
I can only ride on the hope that my supervisor is really lenient but first class is obviously never gonna happen.