Wolf biters

How the fuck do I stop myself?

When I'm with other people I'm so embarrassed to show my hands, but when alone I cannot help but bite away.
>general dermatophagia thread

Attached: Screenshot_20180416-153255.png (720x1280, 814K)

I have the same problem. For 10 years now, i've been biting my nails and the skin near.
Mine is way worse thou, you can try to tape it down.

Attached: 26231181_1795221100544771_6441298406186158237_n.png (678x960, 477K)

Not op, but
> Inb4 vape.
I don't bite, but my fingers constantly look like that. Constant hangnails and papercuts.

i didn't know it had a name
i thought i was just a weird cunt
thankyou user

Many of the people around me bite their nails. I can see their short nails, and I know they're self conscious about it too.

I'd much rather be addicted to biting my nails though.
Nails grow out, and in 10 years when they stop, they'll be able to grow them out and continue like nothing happened.

Me, on the other hand, is already doomed to a life with fucked up hands.
They will always be scared, and now it's just a matter of reducing the damage.

i cant stop either
also the skin off the thumb's second knuckle or whatever you call it, it's always damaged

>don't bite nails or anything
>instead anxiously pick and scratch
>fingertips get it the worst
>tfw everybody still probably assumes I bite my nails

Taping it down is not an option.
I work with IT and service, which means I'll be on other people's machines throughout the day.
I try to put focus on the screen whenever I'm helping another person out, but I think showing up with 10 bandaids would make them even more inclined to look down at my hideous claws..

how about mine, i just absent mindedly do it without realising.

Attached: 1498590079090.jpg (2336x4160, 847K)

I can't stop chewing up the insides of my lips. When I'm at home I'm mostly okay but at work I chew them up really bad. I don't even think about it, it just sort of happens.

Now worried because I heard this can cause oral cancer.

Your index finger is like not touched at all.
The index finger is my go-to one when it comes to chewing.

Attached: Screenshot_20180416-155435.png (720x1280, 782K)

I had no idea this was actually a thing with a name and all, I just do it absentmindedly when I'm nervous. I don't think anyone really cares unless it's extreme, though.

You people are disgusting and I hope you learn to use nail clippers real god damn soon.

Lol at you mentally challenged retards. Check my perfect hand out

Attached: 1523887166913315047830.jpg (2160x2160, 1.1M)

I work at a computer repair shop, while filling out papers its not that noticable (althou bandaids didnt help me much) tape only 1 down, like your index finger. When it grows you gonna feel sorry for it to chew on it
So you can work your way up

try sunflower seeds. get two big bags for a buck.
everytime you're alone just start eating away.
You won't be doing any real harm eating sunflower seeds all day.

I guess my index finger isn't 'meaty' enough to chew on a lot. I usually chew when i rest my head on my palm, and it's hard to do that and chew my index finger. Do you chew them until they bleed often?

lol are you guys the same people who wear diapers?

I used to bite my nails, but I got some of that extra bitter stuff you put on them and that worked as a reminder to stop. But it's not so bitter that it will making biting completely impossible, so you have to want to stop. The type I got came as an alcohol based liquid in a small pot with foam inside, and you dip your fingertips into the foam. It covers the whole fingertip so it would work just as well for skin as nails.

Fingerbiters are disgusting, I don't let a man go near my vagoo if he has them

Use the nasty tasting nail polish stuff, anons

To me, the nasty/spicy stuff didnt work at all.

I used to bite my nails all the time because every time they were a little bit too long I'd always chew on them. I just keep a pair of nail cutters on my desk now and every time I get the urge to bite them I always just cut them short, also a reminder to push your cuticles back

Just wear nail polish dude

Can guys get away with wearing nail polish now? Seems like it would be more weird to people than fucked up fingers

I tend to pick at them rather than bite them.

>reminder to push your cuticles back
Why the fuck would you do that? Cuticles are there to protect the nail matrix.

You can get clear and matte (and particularly bitter tasting) nail polish

You can get transparent nail polish

If it's just for the taste then why not use something easier to apply? E.g. took less than a second per finger.

I'm guessing you mean ?
That's probably better, The nail polish stuff doesn't go well on fingers and so i just ended up chewing skin around until the nail polish cleaned off with my spit. Maybe a really bitter tasting one would be better, but you can taste it when you eat something with your hands.

Not only will it make stuff taste bitter, it will also stain your clothes, make everything you touch sticky, but worst of all it will make you resistant to the bitter taste. After a week with this stuff you won't even notice the extreme bitterness, and will be happily chewing away.

>After a week with this stuff you won't even notice the extreme bitterness, and will be happily chewing away.
Remove finger from mouth immediately on tasting it. It's not a substitute for willpower, it's just a memory aid.

You're so right.
It's just hard breaking a life long habit..

Oh yeah people will think you're a total fag but at least you will have nice nails

Maybe i could do black and people would think im an emo instead of a fag

>im an emo instead of a fag
the former implies the latter

i used to bite my nails awfully, but using nail varnish definitely helps. i eventually just used (natural looking) fake nails to train myself not to bite them and they've been growing better since then.

There's this clear serum you can spread over your nails and your cuticles that tastes like absolute dogshit. It's designed to deter you from biting. Look it up

There was a stage in the early 2000s where you could paint your nails black and just be called some variety of punk/[alt subculture] but in the modern day they may just as easily think you're some sort of "genderqueer" fag.

ive done this shit my whole life, used to be really self conscious about it but ive sort of just stopped caring about anything so it doesn't bother me when people see my hands anymore. but if you find a way to break a lifelong habbit then i commend you, because that shit is hard

Have you tried it yourself?
Did you beat dermatophagia?
If so post nails.

The only reason why I'm not set on stopping, is because inside my head my fingers will always be fucked.

A nice "this is how good things can become" picture will boost my morale.

Didnt kno there was a name for this. I used to gnaw at my fingertips until they bled and touching or doing anything was painful and burned. I remember playing basketball as a kid and whenever someone passed me the ball, the force of the ball would open my scars and I would be bleeding. People asked me what happened and i said I fell while skateboarding or something like that.

Its hard to stop it cuz when the skin grows back it has that hard texture that JUST compels you into chewing on it again. Then you feel guilty afterwards like fuck why did I fuck my shit up again. Ive managed not to chew for a while tho when I had a job and a small social circle so the hard texture skin would grow back would just turn back into soft normal skin and I forget to chew on it.

Just cut your hands off.

Try hand Lotion op

Attached: pepesmug.jpg (800x800, 110K)

Keep a pair of nail clippers at your desk at all times. When you feel like biting them just clip them instead.

This tip seems to be a very common one.
I had actually heard about it prior to making this thread too.

I don't even own one pair of nail clippers atm, so maybe I should invest in some.
Thanks user.

I stopped biting my finger nails after biting them for over 20 years, but I still bite my toe nails because toe nails are hard to cut with clippers.

>tfw not flexible enough to bite my toenails

Post pics please. I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Been biting my skin and nails until bleeding for as long as I can remember, even before kindergarden. My mom would catch me and said that if I kept doing it the doctors would cut off my fingers
Jokes on her since I still have my fingers and they honestly don't look so bad considering how much they've been trough.

I wish I could stop and have normal hands

But you can stop user.

The damaged thumb cuticle isn't from biting, it's just from accidentally hitting it against things, same as the white mark on the nail.

Attached: nails.jpg (800x657, 84K)

Mum was after me my entire childhood too.
She told me I would get worms in my stomach if I kept "eating" my nails, and I actually even remember her trying the bitter liquid to make me stop.

When I became older I naturally grew out of it, but biting the skin off never stopped.

Now, at age 22, I honestly wish it was the other way around.
I can grow pretty long nails, with lots of "white" on them before biting one big piece off, but the skin I cannot leave alone for a prolonged period of time.

You don't have to wish for good hands, it's actually possible to achieve it. You just need to realize that it is a problem, and then you can move on to deal with it.

Your fingers and nails look really good.
Did you ever bite skin?

I totally envy a hand like this, so take this pat on the back for quiting a long bad habit.
Seems like there is still hope.

>Did you ever bite skin?
Occasionally. Mostly when I accidentally bit some with the nails and didn't like leaving it only partly bitten.

Anyone else get infections constantly too? Sometimes when I bite my nail I'll accidentally rip it off and it rips off a bit of skin on the side of the nail bed. Bacteria from your mouth gets in there and it gets infected and its painful as fuck for a few days.

Wonderful idea. I was considering popcorn but it's too filling and high in calories.

Looks like you just finished bag of cheetos

I never get infections, although i make my fingers bleed all the time from chewing

The skin around my finger nails is always dead and peeling anyway so i don't care.

At home I have a pacifier though which is great for satisfying any oral fixation