How do people study, get interested into things and enjoy doing stuff?

How do people study, get interested into things and enjoy doing stuff?
all I really want to do is is play video games, escape the real world. is something wrong with my brain?

Attached: 1469461779814.jpg (498x594, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_virtues#/examples
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody will reply you

i guess so and my brain is also wrong

>grow up with videogames
>really enjoyed movies
>parents divorced, don't care
>lost friends, don't care
>no gf, don't care
>turns out I'm just looking for every piece of escapism I can find
>there are no enjoyable pieces anymore
>now it's just bland existence
>the world has nothing to offer

Attached: 354.jpg (680x684, 37K)

damn thats a feel i can interlink with

Find something you like to learn about.

I can relate

At this point I can't even enjoy anime or most video games anymore so I try to waste time in any way possible on the internet.

Personally OP, I found my passion (Electrical Engineering) however I'm currently doing General Education classes (maths/physics/chemistry) which isn't the most exciting thing ever unlike the few circuits courses I've taken.

To get through these courses, I turn off my phone go to the Engineering lab where no one goes and I study there every day Mo-Fri for 5 hours.

It really feels good.

I on the other hand don't get people being into games. I stopped playing them regularly years ago, too much effort for something I don't care. I'm surprised that robots who don't have any motivation for anything have it to clear some level or shit.

that's what usually happens, but thanks to you it got bumped and now it's getting some attention

I wish I found something like, I don't care about gf or friend, I just want to be self-actualized.

yay i feel important
thanks user i love you

I love you to, but I think the thread is going to die now, I'm too autistic for r9k

I would also want to know how myself.
tfw the good feels are starting to get less and less

I prayed to God for answers my friend.
I don't care too much for friends however I do want a girlfriend and I've started attending more University Christian groups (in church and at Uni) so far pretty good.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_virtues#/examples

These helped too, self-discipline is a big one.

i can only really answer as to how i do it: i seek out people who i like and are also more educated in the thing i want to learn about. that'll usually be teachers/professors, in my case. but if you want to get into, i dunno, model airplane building or skeet shooting, find a club or group that has meetups and try to find people there to talk to. be very honest about being new and just eager to learn and people will likely try to help you out.
this is all personal experience, though. you may have a different result.

Books are good too, but they don't offer the same stimulation people do.

I'm only working due to pressure of needing to earn money. Following interests is not an option any more.

Attached: 1502616903118.jpg (1200x689, 79K)

I remember when I was 10-13, I was really really really interested in Physics, I had basically tought myself the entire A-level physics and maths syllabus (physics for 17-19 y/os who are planning on going to a UK uni basically), my dream was to master physics and understand absolutely everything there is to understand and I really wanted to go to the greatest university in my country (Cambridge) to study it there like Isaac Newton did. But then I became horribly depressed, I dreamed about suicide every single day and began playing video games instead of studying.

Eventually I turned 17 and started my Alevels, I got all A*s, in physics maths and compsci, but I went to uni to do General Engineering instead, I dropped out from apathy and now I spend my days slaving away at a minimum wage job in an amusement park (that I actually don't mind)

but yeah, I have no interests of cares anymore either, I kinda like music I guess, and I don't think I've ever had a creative hobby (as opposed to a consumptive hobby) my love of learning is the only I've ever felt strongly about in my entire life, but I've lost that now, my only dream is to be comfy, I don't even think I'm depressed either, I occasionally have suicidal episodes where I feel constantly miserable, but I feel neutral for the most part

Attached: 1501542887571.jpg (620x350, 138K)

this too. getting book recommendations from people who want to talk about them is a good way to use books if possible.

I could never bring myself to read books either, I only have read like 3 books

Exercise, try to plan up a long time goal that you want to achieve, get off your computer.
Try to get out every once in a while and do something fun, having friends is a huge booster to your general well being but I know most of you are hopeless in that aspect.
Anyway, that's some ways to find motivation

3 books, as in, your entire life? how old are you?

3 books from start to finish, entire life. I'm 21

so, how'd you do in school? did they not have you read books then?

I managed to have avoided reading them somehow, maybe I only read small part of summery or something. maybe I read more than 3, I don't remember. let's say 6 then.

weird. what happens when you try to read?

I'm just not interested, I get distracted and usually start daydreaming, sometimes get frustrated.

well, do you pick what you're interested in reading, or what you think you're supposed to read? environment probably has a lot to do with being distracted. turn off electronics before you read. also, frustrated how? by what?

I didn't read when I didn't have any of his electronic shit either. no, don't pick, i I want to read something and already am interested I still will get bored after some time and won't finish reading it. I even get distracted and start daydreaming when watching video, movies, playing games, but not as much.
I get frustrated because when I get distracted I have to read the sentence again and after number of times it gets real annoying and I just give up.

hm. well, i would talk to a professional honestly. if you think that's a meme and don't want to, that's cool too. but, i think it's probably your best option.

most of those types of people are on adderall

I have been to a psychologist and psychiatrist, I didn't even think about bringing this up, I thought I was just a lazy piece of shit.

oh dude, you really should bring up anything bothering you, haha. even if you do think it's just because you're lazy, they might be able to help you identify why you're not taking action when you obviously want to. they're not all medication and "how do you feel" stuff. they're a useful tool for planning/growing as a person.