Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aV8DEJ8ydJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mbUbRHRuyfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Downloading 1 mb/m was godlike.

average ages of 9 to 19 and 31 to 69

nothing in between

garbo

i remember having to type essays and literally forgetting what i was going to write before my computer even started up

the only ok thing about it was waiting in peace for 10 minutes w the windows xp background, waiting for word to open

It was like this

youtube.com/watch?v=aV8DEJ8ydJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mbUbRHRuyfs

Attached: 1505729728080.jpg (657x527, 52K)

it was the sound of dial-up, using bearshare and kazaa for downloading, navigating thottbot to solve difficult quests, and hating phonecalls because they made you drop.

I started using internet in 2004 and I'd like to go back to times when it wasn't so mainstreamed in controlled. Was way more comfy, less mainstream. No social media, no normalfags and their endless boring bullshit. Almost no government control, it was Wild fucking West and it's great. Thing get boring when they are mainstreamed and controlled.
t. Russiafag

It was beautiful like a secret garden but got polluted and eventually burned to the ground once normiefags invaded it by plastering their identities all over the place.

But yea shitty funny animation on newgrounds and fan page websites

Why does nobody use newgrounds anymore?

It was great. FAR fewer normans and it wasn't all about surveillance and intrusiveness at that time either. Very few females so no feminists and websites were much easier to use since bandwidth was so expensive and the net was slow as shit. All the info you were looking for was just
BAM right there. No bullshit filler, no jumping through hoops.

That said, modern internet several times faster and much more advanced. It's also filled to the brim with mostly phoneposters and other ordinary shitheads though.

Can't speak for everyone but, for me, the tryhards ruined the site. It was originally amateur in every sense of the word... but then all these teams of professional animators and voice actors and whatnot decided to come in and show all the solo amateurs up. Went from a chill community of weirdos to overproduced, mainstream edginess for dudebros and college students.

Because it's so difficult to pick up a pen and paper and write down notes so you don't forget while you wait.

Retard.

This so much this

Nowadays if the animation seems too bad the admins won't even let you upload it and if for whatever reason it is uploaded all the snobs come out to critique it.

It was the golden age, even in the decline came the rise of many free MMOs to steal your parent's credit card to unlock the member world there were good times.

Also has anyone had any fucking luck with getting windows XP to work on a virtual machine? I've only gotten Windows 98 working. There's some shit from the early 00's that doesn't run on Win7.

Can't you go from win 7 to 10 for free. I did and there's tones of tutorials on how to do it on win 10.

Any kesmaifags here? Shazbot dammit!

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (464x360, 18K)

No normalfags, everything restricted to Geocities, independent web-pages and reclusive forums, all entertainment I remember was on Newgrounds.
I also played Labyrinth Plus and Hyperbowl a lot because I had the XP Plus Edition

slow
parmigiano reggiano

I don't want to use win10, too much retardation

It's oaky when you get used to it. It's pretty similar to 7 just with a over complicated start button that you can disable

Obsolete and made irrelevant by nu-Internet. The same fate was suffered by YTMND, ED, Albinoblacksheep and Flashplayer.

I'm not going to willingly install a trojan horse on my pc

Nu-Internet is faster, but it barely matters since modern website design is so bloated that loading pages takes the same amount of time or longer than it used to.

Sounds like present day YouTube.

>2006 was 12 (twelve) years ago

Attached: youtube2006.png (1035x1073, 596K)

Many people on Jow Forums misremember the internet back then and think it was some "no normalfags allowed" exclusive underground wild west clubhouse for Jow Forums and proto-Jow Forums. It wasn't.

this kid.
origanal

>TFW you realize 2030 is also twelve years away.

Plenty of normrods and newsgroup elitists from 95 to 03. Then millennial retards took over

It was the best. Being on the internet mean something. Not like now

What was Jow Forums like in 03?

I wonder if they live in an alternative universe.

We had frames. Or was it '05?

Not as many shit memes and nearly everything was OC. Intellectuals had plenty of serious discussions. Then the internet became home to shit tier 'comedy' and other nonsense. Thanks something awful

Homestar Runner and YTMD also spread the cancer

>tfw closer to 2030 than 2000
I've had yet to feel this feel

No small handful of corporate megasites that everyone spends all their time on, or more niche but still big sites like Jow Forums. Many more small and medium sites, and the bigger sites weren't just generic platforms like reddit and twitter. Less consolidation in general. No social media in the modern sense. The clickbait/attention economy didn't exist, and "monetizing" your "content" (or just bullshitting your way to shekels with some scheme) wasn't as easy.

Like this, apparently.

Attached: 4chan 2003.jpg (1148x747, 423K)

That's how dates worth you sperg

>that's how dates worth
>worth

Attached: mike-tyson-9512980-2-402.jpg (1200x1200, 151K)

Why doesn't the current admin bother to give up updates?

Going back, most of these are gone because they were stolen from some where else. At least that hasn't changed over the Years.

Attached: Youtube.png (1035x1073, 542K)

because he gets visitors anyway

I was 20 to 30 in the early 2000s

Remember how clicking for the next page of comments reloaded the rest of the entire fucking page including the video?

>That dial up sound
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1512953342794.png (542x524, 509K)